• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NFL Discussion

#41 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 March 2021 - 06:29 PM

Wow guys.... just wow. Many maneuverings today by teams to get draft picks. Dolphins, 49ers (Jimmy G's days done in San Fran?), Philly. Supposdely Chicago still trying hard to get Russel Wilson from Seachickens. It's hard to keep track of what's been happening today. My head is spinning. I guess my take away for your guys @paran_falcon is why fix it when it aint broken.... bringing the Super Bowl gang back. I would say this upcoming season, more then any in the past, is that the Super Bowl champions are favored to repeat.

#42 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 28 March 2021 - 03:16 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 26 March 2021 - 06:29 PM, said:

Wow guys.... just wow. Many maneuverings today by teams to get draft picks. Dolphins, 49ers (Jimmy G's days done in San Fran?), Philly. Supposdely Chicago still trying hard to get Russel Wilson from Seachickens. It's hard to keep track of what's been happening today. My head is spinning. I guess my take away for your guys @paran_falcon is why fix it when it aint broken.... bringing the Super Bowl gang back. I would say this upcoming season, more then any in the past, is that the Super Bowl champions are favored to repeat.

Yeah, the Bucs' GM Jason Licht must be commended. They have kept every player I wanted to stay and more. Repeat talk scares me, as its been proven to be hard enough just to make the playoffs the following year. But I do expect that much at least. Theyve given themselves about as good a chance as you can have. The Bucs were pretty injury free last season. Tough to get that lucky in consecutive seasons.

#43 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 31 March 2021 - 01:01 AM

And there will be an additional game added to the schedule for those injuries to occur. I just hope that is where they stop and don't add any more games. The new 17 game season is more then enough. The news tonight said that game will be scheduled to pair up teams outside their conference. I wonder if it will have some formula or just the best opponents to generate ratings? Bucs vs Pats? See that Belichick - Brady awkward moment after the game.*evil-finger-tapping

#44 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 31 March 2021 - 02:55 PM

Rumor had it a year or two back that the owners want 18 games. There would need to be two bye weeks, I think, if that were going to happen. Possibly expanded rosters as well...

#45 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 April 2021 - 07:31 PM

In case any of you football fans don't ever venture into the TV thread: https://forum.malaza...ost__p__1431761

#46 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:46 PM

Sam Darnold to Carolina Panthers. Carolina is sort of a trash franchise (not quite a bad as NY Jets though). Could be fun seeing what Darnold and Christian McCaffrey do together. Hopefully McCaffrey stays healthy. I'll be watching.

#47 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 April 2021 - 05:27 PM

Draft is one week away. What do you guys hope for your teams?

#48 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 April 2021 - 05:51 PM

NFL Draft, Thursday night (one day away). Any last second maneuverings you guys aware of? I heard Broncos might have some devious plans *evil-finger-tapping-and-arching-of-brow

#49 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 April 2021 - 06:01 PM

Dang, just after I posted that, breaking nenws that Broncos traded 6th rd.pick to Carolina for Teddy Bridgewater.

#50 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:18 PM

Been hearing Patriots have something cooking. Rumors they might try to get Jimmy G back from 49ers. 49ers rumored to take Mac Jones in the draft.

#51 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 April 2021 - 06:23 PM

Wait, what, wut? Teams talking to GB about trading for Aaron Rodgers? This "hot take" sports talk has taken it a bridge too far now.

#52 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 29 April 2021 - 11:56 PM

Rodgers has been miffed, apparently, since GB took Jordan Love last year in the 1st round.
The situation is even worse now, it seems. That trade would make SF REAL dangerous.

#53 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 April 2021 - 02:37 AM

Saw a stat that said no Packers QB has played into a 17th season - Franchise legends Bart Starr (16 seasons), Brett Favre (16 seasons) and, of course, Rodgers himself (16 seasons).

I've been following the draft some on opening night. 49ers take QB Trey Lance from <yikes> North Dakota State. They must have seen something in him, because I don't think that program plays any elite schools at the college level. Atlanta took TE Kyle Pitts. @Ailesbury must be happy about that one. All the draft experts were heaping loads of accolades on Kyle Pitts and what he can mean for a team. Bears trade up and take QB Justin Fields from "THE" Ohio State University <<< see what I did there? Isn't there someone on the forum who is a Bears fan? Bears still trying to get their QB situation solved it seems. Oh my, Patriots take Alabama QB Mac Jones. Isn't that rich. Jones, with his similar unathletic, derpy physique, was being compared to Tom Brady when he was drafted (ever seen those pics of Brady with his shirt off at the scouting combine? and running the 40-yrd dash?). Oh man, this will be interesting to keep tabs on.

#54 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 30 April 2021 - 12:44 PM

I heard that same GB QB longevity stat myself yesterday. Amazing. Rumor this morning is that Denver may make GB an offer for Rogers. I found it interesting that the talking heads on the draft stage were complimenting the Bears coach Matt Nagy for seeing greatness in Justin Fields, or whatever. Isn't he the same coach that passed on Watson AND Mahomes for Trubisky?! It seemed bizarre to me that the Bears have had to admit failure on the Trubisky pick (traded up for him) but now they're brilliant for trading up again for Fields. Justin Fields is probably quite a bit better than Trubisky but I'd have a little concern about the coaching he'll be getting in Chicago...

#55 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 30 April 2021 - 04:25 PM

Well I'm an idiot on the Bears statement I made above. Matt Nagy was not the Bears head coach when Trubisky was drafted (2017 draft). Nagy was brought in for the 2018 season and so Trubisky wasn't "his guy" as they like to say...

#56 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 April 2021 - 05:06 PM

No worries. I think Nagy is generally well respected, not sure though. I guess its up to the fans. The Bears seem to disappoint, and have strung together a number of years now of doing just that.

Heard some talk that Rodgers could retire and be offered full time position as host of Jeopardy! Yeah, not buying that one.

#57 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 30 April 2021 - 11:18 PM

I don't know, apparently he can really hold a grudge and he is pissed off. I heard today his agent is the same one Carson Palmer had when he retired a season to get out of Cincinnati back when. He has apparently told a couple teammates he won't be back?

What did you think of Pittsburgh taking a RB? Great back but don't you need major O line just as much?

#58 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 April 2021 - 11:52 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 30 April 2021 - 11:18 PM, said:

I don't know, apparently he can really hold a grudge and he is pissed off. I heard today his agent is the same one Carson Palmer had when he retired a season to get out of Cincinnati back when. He has apparently told a couple teammates he won't be back?

What did you think of Pittsburgh taking a RB? Great back but don't you need major O line just as much?

Don't know anything about Steelers draft pick, but running game is abysmal so hopefully it was a smart choice. Can't have Roethlisberger throwing that much, it's a recipe for padded QB stats that are meaningless, and more importantly, a recipe for getting ousted in playoffs in 1st round. And you are right about the O-line. The protection sucks, and Big Ben aint got the broken-play improvisation skills he once had.

#59 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 May 2021 - 01:40 AM

Rumor that Tim Tebow might come back and play tight end? The chances of that happening are slim to none, and slim walked out the door. Then again, Urban Meyer could want it to happen and have a U of Florida reunion at Jacksonville. I possibly (and using that word liberally) could see Meyer bringing Tebow in for leadership intangibles?

#60 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 May 2021 - 06:47 PM

2021 schedules to be released Wednesday.

What do you think the trend or overarching theme will be for that new 17th game added this upcoming season?

Classic match-ups weekend? - Bitter rivalries weekend? - Throwback jersey weekend? - Future jersey weekend? - Best QBs playing battle it out weekend?

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 10 May 2021 - 06:48 PM

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users