• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NFL Discussion

#21 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:36 PM

The bears are trying to make a play for Deshaun Watson. If I was him I would go to NE. Play for Bill and have a shot at the playoff and championships every year. I could see Stafford going to Denver. That would be a decent fit.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#22 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 January 2021 - 04:09 AM

Stafford to Rams.

Jared Goff and two future 1st round picks go to Lions. Wow. I guess the Goff stock in L.A. dropped big time? I haven't really followed him of late, so not sure how he has been performing. Wasn't that long ago he was QBing the Rams in the Super Bowl.

#23 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 February 2021 - 05:04 PM

J.J. Watt released by Houston Texans.

Not sure where he will land. I would say he is past the peak of his career, so he probably is looking at getting on a team who has the pieces in place to get into the playoffs and possible chance as SB.

#24 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 February 2021 - 02:38 AM

All the talk of potential moves has me frazzled. Rumor that Panthers would give up Christian McCaffrey and picks for Deshaun Watson. Damn, I hope injuries haven't dropped McCaffrey's stock. If this does go down, I hope he ends up on a good team. I always felt he got stuck in a crap situation with Cam Newton as his QB.

#25 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 February 2021 - 08:43 PM

Carson Wentz to Indianapolis Colts for two draft picks. Hopefully his has more luck then Andrew. <<<< see what i did there?

#26 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 March 2021 - 05:55 PM

J.J. Watt to Arizona Cardinals. I'm guessing DeAndre Hopkins was convincing him to go there. It seems former Houston Texans players may not be that happy about their time with the team.

Posted Image

#27 User is offline   Ailesbury 

• Brave New Rael
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Books Tacos Sushi

Posted 02 March 2021 - 12:41 AM

I am a fan of the Atlanta Falcons. We do have a new coach Arthur Smith, who came from the Tennessee Titans, and we have a new general manager Terry Fontenot, who came from the New Orleans Saints. We are getting the 4th pick in the coming draft, so we have a good opportunity to get a star player. I hope we choose someone for the defensive secondary because we were so bad in that area last year. I hope Matt Ryan and Julio Jones remain healthy. I don't know the status of Todd Gurley because he might become a free agent. Basically, we had an unstable year last year with our horrendous start, but maybe we can revamp things for the better.
library assistant from the deep south

#28 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 March 2021 - 11:45 PM

The buzz in the upcoming draft has been about Trevor Lawrence. Heard some say he is a generational QB talent. As these things go though, I think his stock has dropped a bit (did he just have minor knee surgery?). I still expect Trevor Lawrence to go first in the draft, but the latest buzz I've been hearing is about the TE from the Florida Gators, Kyle Pitts.

Posted Image

#29 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 05 March 2021 - 09:52 PM

Trevor Lawrence had surgery on his non throwing shoulder, I believe.

I've seen Kyle Pitts play a few times this past college season. He is an absolute monster; great size and power but also astonishing quickness and route running as well. It sure seems like he could be the next Great TE...

#30 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 March 2021 - 06:38 PM

Dang guys, sports hot take radio was around the clock Dak Prescott talk this morning. What's your take?

#31 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 09 March 2021 - 09:46 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 09 March 2021 - 06:38 PM, said:

Dang guys, sports hot take radio was around the clock Dak Prescott talk this morning. What's your take?

A radio show I had on for a bit had a poll up: Would Dallas make the SB during the length of Dak's new contract. They had 600 votes within 10 minutes and it was 89% NO. I guess that could be Cowboy hate (it was a national show) but I'd lay odds against them doing so myself. Idk what I'd think if I were a Dallas fan. Dak's numbers seem to clearly put him in the top 10 of QBs (I'm pretty sure) but the team hasn't equaled his performances most of the time. Dallas' defense needs a ton to improve and that isn't going to be easy when the QB alone gets 40 mil. Then again, what else could they do? Did they have enough quality draft picks to trade for Russell Wilson, say? I'm not sure they did...

#32 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 March 2021 - 07:00 AM

View Postparan falcon, on 09 March 2021 - 09:46 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 09 March 2021 - 06:38 PM, said:

A radio show I had on for a bit had a poll up: Would Dallas make the SB during the length of Dak's new contract. They had 600 votes within 10 minutes and it was 89% NO. I guess that could be Cowboy hate (it was a national show) but I'd lay odds against them doing so myself. Idk what I'd think if I were a Dallas fan. Dak's numbers seem to clearly put him in the top 10 of QBs (I'm pretty sure) but the team hasn't equaled his performances most of the time. Dallas' defense needs a ton to improve and that isn't going to be easy when the QB alone gets 40 mil. Then again, what else could they do? Did they have enough quality draft picks to trade for Russell Wilson, say? I'm not sure they did...

Dak Prescott can ball, no doubt. But the benchmarks now are the intangibles. Does he have them? Can he rise above the x - yards per game / x - TD passes per game, and have that something special that can win a Super Bowl? Maybe. Jerry Jones needs to surround him with talent.. Also... the injury Dak suffered. What REALLY is the ultimate impact of that?

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 11 March 2021 - 07:02 AM

#33 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 March 2021 - 08:00 AM

Strong rumours that Russel Wilson could be going to the Chicago Bears!? *head-explodes

#34 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 14 March 2021 - 07:02 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 13 March 2021 - 08:00 AM, said:

Strong rumours that Russel Wilson could be going to the Chicago Bears!? *head-explodes

Apparently, Bears fans want this to happen badly enough that more than a few started buying Wilson Bears jerseys. What do they have to offer though? Mack and draft picks? Foles and/or Trubisky? Why would Seattle do that? Though an "insider" or two has stated the turmoil between Wilson and management should've been quelled by now and doesn't seem to have been...

#35 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 March 2021 - 12:09 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 14 March 2021 - 07:02 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 13 March 2021 - 08:00 AM, said:

Apparently, Bears fans want this to happen badly enough that more than a few started buying Wilson Bears jerseys. What do they have to offer though? Mack and draft picks? Foles and/or Trubisky? Why would Seattle do that? Though an "insider" or two has stated the turmoil between Wilson and management should've been quelled by now and doesn't seem to have been...

I don't see a formula where it could happen, but as these "moving parts" go, I suppose GMs are on the phone talking about different scenarios, probably ones that would have to include a third team. At this point though all this just seems to be rumors.

I guess it's pretty acrimonious between Wilson and the Seahawks though. He was left off a letter sent to season ticket holders. Not sure how significant that is, sounds pretty bad, like past being mended at this point bad.

#36 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 15 March 2021 - 06:21 PM

The Bucs resign Shaq Barrett. Keeping him was my #1 concern for the offseason as Barrett has been phenomenal with the Bucs defense. I'd like to see Suh resigned, as well, if its a friendly deal for the team financially. Pretty impressed that the Bucs have done what they said, so far, and have brought back the most important of the players that would've been free to go. Gronkowski has stated he wants to return and no one expects him to try to break the bank. I won't be very upset if Antonio Brown doesn't come back but it seems like he may be interested in staying. Though I don't know if he's gotten offers from other teams. If there are other offers, they are likely to be for more $ than the Bucs will offer. But AB does seem to be partial to Tom Brady.

#37 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 March 2021 - 12:28 AM

View Postparan falcon, on 15 March 2021 - 06:21 PM, said:

The Bucs resign Shaq Barrett. Keeping him was my #1 concern for the offseason as Barrett has been phenomenal with the Bucs defense. I'd like to see Suh resigned, as well, if its a friendly deal for the team financially. Pretty impressed that the Bucs have done what they said, so far, and have brought back the most important of the players that would've been free to go. Gronkowski has stated he wants to return and no one expects him to try to break the bank. I won't be very upset if Antonio Brown doesn't come back but it seems like he may be interested in staying. Though I don't know if he's gotten offers from other teams. If there are other offers, they are likely to be for more $ than the Bucs will offer. But AB does seem to be partial to Tom Brady.

Brady is the "difficult talent" whisperer.

#38 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 March 2021 - 05:08 PM

Bears go with the beige water pistol at QB, they signed Andy Dalton.

Bills sign WR Emmanuel Sanders. Will be interested to see if he will be a go to weapon for Josh Allen.

#39 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 18 March 2021 - 02:08 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 17 March 2021 - 05:08 PM, said:

Bears go with the beige water pistol at QB, they signed Andy Dalton.

Bills sign WR Emmanuel Sanders. Will be interested to see if he will be a go to weapon for Josh Allen.

Apparently, Chicago did make a HUGE offer for Russell Wilson but Seattle turned them down. Not that hard to see why if its true that the cap hit to Seattle would've been 39.5 mil this season to let him go.

With all the attention Stefan Diggs will draw, hard to believe Sanders WON'T be successful...

#40 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 March 2021 - 06:25 PM

One of the takes on the Seahawks situation with the giant Bears' offer is that Pete Carroll is at the age and stage of his NFL coaching tenure where the organization doesn't want to start a rebuilding project, so I guess they will have to make Wilson happy and allow him more input and shore up the protection.

Happy news for my team, JuJu Smith-Schuster is staying with the Steelers for another season. It's a small flicker of positive I suppose. I just think Ben is dropping quickly and I don't really see them doing much this upcoming season. Making the playoffs, sure, but out in the first round. We shall see.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 19 March 2021 - 06:27 PM

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users