• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 5 - Chat Thread

#81 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 10 August 2020 - 12:07 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 10 August 2020 - 07:38 AM, said:

Tatts, Morgoth, d'rek as likely neighbours I hope we can come to mutually beneficial agreements. I have an interest in yellow tech skips I hope that saar travel through lands you have interests in to reach one can be an example of peaceful freedom of movement and trade.

All the saar are hardworking so if you feel your lands are unduly threatened by rapacious marauders please apply for a force of hired hands to defend your citizens and we will quote very reasonable rates.

It is good that you are heading to Bereg/Lirta, as I may indeed need to hire you to run through the alpha wormhole and cause some trouble in the northwest if the Mentak get too uppity.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#82 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 August 2020 - 12:20 PM

View PostD, on 10 August 2020 - 11:56 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 10 August 2020 - 07:45 AM, said:

Do I sound aggressive? That wasn't my intention. Your post rings of flowers and happiness when you are a rolling death ball of a race. I'll never have your good natured destruction vibes.

It is kind of aggressive to tell your neighbour that you think the system equidistant between you should be all yours by default and they should just suck it up... especially when I think Twelve could simply take all of Arnor/Lor this round and there's not much you could do about it?

Looking at the map everyone should have similar amount of planets not necessarily similar res/inf. I was going to not dispute Lodor or talk that system with Twelve, but as you say he can take it, he has Warfare strategy. I think the aggressor is the one that says what are you going to pay me for it as he's assuming they belong to him. Now exactly the same distant is Mellon/Zohbat which imo is a better system. No? So the only way he goes to the east is to try an extort something from me, or he's planning on taking both sytems.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#83 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 10 August 2020 - 12:28 PM

Neighbours/Hacan, anyone interested in a commodity swap in the event I agree a free trade refresh?

Morgoth, do we need to come to an agreement on Teq/Torc/borders. I think we will both shortly be forming the two most powerful concentrations of force on the board, it won't be in either of our interests us for those to come into conflict and we've worked well together in the past so happy to negotiate something.

#84 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 10 August 2020 - 12:41 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 10 August 2020 - 12:20 PM, said:

Do I sound aggressive? That wasn't my intention. Your post rings of flowers and happiness when you are a rolling death ball of a race. I'll never have your good natured destruction vibes.

It is kind of aggressive to tell your neighbour that you think the system equidistant between you should be all yours by default and they should just suck it up... especially when I think Twelve could simply take all of Arnor/Lor this round and there's not much you could do about it?

Looking at the map everyone should have similar amount of planets not necessarily similar res/inf. I was going to not dispute Lodor or talk that system with Twelve, but as you say he can take it, he has Warfare strategy. I think the aggressor is the one that says what are you going to pay me for it as he's assuming they belong to him. Now exactly the same distant is Mellon/Zohbat which imo is a better system. No? So the only way he goes to the east is to try an extort something from me, or he's planning on taking both sytems.

{A} Twelve has 2 carriers and 4 infantry. He can go East and West, y'know.

{B} Unlike you with Arnor/Lor, I can get to Wellon/Zohbat before Twelve can, so I could actually try to extort him over it because I have some actual leverage there (not that I want to - that's not the Hacan way). You have no such leverage over Arnor/Lor, that I can see. Especially not enough to just say "Well I'll be taking the whole system and expect you to be fine with that".

{C} Saying you're just going to roll over with IH and not even try to contest the system that is halfway between you two, one of the most valuable systems in the game, probably makes everyone else a bit nervous considering IH's history, so it's not a good look for you.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#85 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 10 August 2020 - 12:43 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 10 August 2020 - 12:28 PM, said:

Neighbours/Hacan, anyone interested in a commodity swap in the event I agree a free trade refresh?

I'll do 2 for sure, possibly more.

#86 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 August 2020 - 12:44 PM

Morgoth, do we need to come to an agreement on Teq/Torc/borders. I think we will both shortly be forming the two most powerful concentrations of force on the board, it won't be in either of our interests us for those to come into conflict and we've worked well together in the past so happy to negotiate something.

If he does decide to leave you alone I don't see another race winning.

#87 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 August 2020 - 12:46 PM

View PostD, on 10 August 2020 - 12:43 PM, said:

I'll trade with you too D'rek if you would like? Would you also consider a racial swap? I have not thought that through yet but instead of paying 6 resources for the second research you'd be giving them to me and you'll get a better technology. I am thinking ether PDS 2 or Hyper Metabolism.

#88 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 August 2020 - 12:49 PM

I'm flattered by everyone wanting other people to get into conflict with me.

considering IH's history

This makes it sound like I have a drug problem

#89 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 August 2020 - 12:50 PM

View PostD, on 10 August 2020 - 12:41 PM, said:

{B} Unlike you with Arnor/Lor, I can get to Wellon/Zohbat before Twelve can, so I could actually try to extort him over it because I have some actual leverage there (not that I want to - that's not the Hacan way). You have no such leverage over Arnor/Lor, that I can see. Especially not enough to just say "Well I'll be taking the whole system and expect you to be fine with that".

{C} Saying you're just going to roll over with IH and not even try to contest the system that is halfway between you two, one of the most valuable systems in the game, probably makes everyone else a bit nervous considering IH's history, so it's not a good look for you.

I think IH will be going where IH wants to go. He picked a strong wandering war race after I chose Jol Nar. Getting into a battle with him would be foolish of me, I think I'll be taking defensive measures in case he wants to come call.

#90 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 August 2020 - 01:06 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 10 August 2020 - 12:50 PM, said:

I think IH will be going where IH wants to go. He picked a strong wandering war race after I chose Jol Nar. Getting into a battle with him would be foolish of me, I think I'll be taking defensive measures in case he wants to come call.

Defensive measures are always wise, a PDS network is probably a good deterrent.

You can always give me encouragement to go elsewhere, I'm not against forging a lasting alliance throughout the game and leaving you in peace (in fact I'd prefer it), but my race is strong at the beginning of the game, and yours is stronger at the end, so I'd be foolish to leave you free to grow via tech and skimp on spending resources on military without some compensation.

A SFTT swap is definitely a possibility, and I'd be willing to leave you free to get Lodor and such and the freedom of mind of not worrying about me as long as I get something for my time, hypermetabolism, and being nominated speaker (I'd leave you first pick) would go a long way towards that.

#91 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 10 August 2020 - 01:14 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 10 August 2020 - 12:46 PM, said:

I'll trade with you too D'rek if you would like? Would you also consider a racial swap? I have not thought that through yet but instead of paying 6 resources for the second research you'd be giving them to me and you'll get a better technology. I am thinking ether PDS 2 or Hyper Metabolism.

Yup, we can also do a 2:2 swap.

As for the racial swap, I'm a bit hesitant since mine is a permanent ability I'll never get back. Can I put a stipulation on it that you don't use it to make any trades with Mentak?

#92 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 10 August 2020 - 01:29 PM

I am confident we can work something out. I'd hardly think either of us are interested in wasting our starting position against each other.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#93 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 10 August 2020 - 01:30 PM

Nom, I'd be happy to refresh you in turn, if you offer me a free refresh now.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#94 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 August 2020 - 03:13 PM

View PostD, on 10 August 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

As for the racial swap, I'm a bit hesitant since mine is a permanent ability I'll never get back. Can I put a stipulation on it that you don't use it to make any trades with Mentak?

Actually was thinking of your trade agreement in return for my racial. I thought your racial was similar but its trade with anyone isn't it?

That's what I was on about with the 6 resources.

#95 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 August 2020 - 03:30 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 10 August 2020 - 06:46 AM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 10 August 2020 - 06:38 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 09 August 2020 - 09:40 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 09 August 2020 - 08:10 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 09 August 2020 - 06:36 PM, said:

Twelve what are you thinking of border lines?

What do you have in mind and what are you going to pay me for it?

I'd pay you if I was asking something specific but was wondering what you'd like to determine early. I'd assume you'd want a straight run to Mec Rex? Border would be me having Arnor Lor. You having anything West of that. I'll probably need those two to fend off whatever IH is planning with his bully tactic.

As I said what will you pay for them? I am sitting on warfare so plan on picking up a good round 1 haul of planets. And that system is on my to do list, deal or no deal. And what you are willing to pay for me to vacate them after I exhaust them will factor in on us reaching said deal.

I'm not looking to be extorted. I thought you'd come to a friendly agreement this early to continue a good relationship throughout this game. Obviously you have other plans. No you are not getting my research agreement. That's what you are hinting towards. If anyone wants that they're going to have to pay me not the other way round.

Not trying to extort. Just pointing out I'm going to get to the equidistant first but am willing to share/vacate for a price. And you haven't been the best neighbor I've ever had so I'm disinclined to trust you very much.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#96 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 August 2020 - 03:34 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 10 August 2020 - 07:49 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 10 August 2020 - 07:27 AM, said:

I'd pay you if I was asking something specific but was wondering what you'd like to determine early. I'd assume you'd want a straight run to Mec Rex? Border would be me having Arnor Lor. You having anything West of that. I'll probably need those two to fend off whatever IH is planning with his bully tactic.

As I said what will you pay for them? I am sitting on warfare so plan on picking up a good round 1 haul of planets. And that system is on my to do list, deal or no deal. And what you are willing to pay for me to vacate them after I exhaust them will factor in on us reaching said deal.

I'm not looking to be extorted. I thought you'd come to a friendly agreement this early to continue a good relationship throughout this game. Obviously you have other plans. No you are not getting my research agreement. That's what you are hinting towards. If anyone wants that they're going to have to pay me not the other way round.

You are the Jol-Nar sandwiched between two war races. Extortion is your fate this game I fear.

Troubles of picking last in the snake ladder? Limited in location, hampered by choice. Next game I'd prefer to hide race choice from others until the game starts.

This was my main motivation of picking my race last when I knew who my neighbors were. In your position I would have probably picked Sol, L1Z1X or the Baroney.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#97 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 August 2020 - 03:47 PM

View Posttwelve, on 10 August 2020 - 03:30 PM, said:

Not trying to extort. Just pointing out I'm going to get to the equidistant first but am willing to share/vacate for a price. And you haven't been the best neighbor I've ever had so I'm disinclined to trust you very much.

What "price" do you have in mind?

#98 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 10 August 2020 - 03:51 PM

Alright, map is updated, game thread is officially open!

One thing I forgot to mention - for those whose home systems have more than 1 planet on them, I just set them up how I thought would be best to set them up. If you'd like to modify how your initial home system is set up, please just let me know via PM and I'll update in my next update.

#99 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 10 August 2020 - 04:11 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 10 August 2020 - 03:13 PM, said:

View PostD, on 10 August 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

Actually was thinking of your trade agreement in return for my racial. I thought your racial was similar but its trade with anyone isn't it?

That's what I was on about with the 6 resources.

Ohh, I see. Okay, in that case I would give you my trade agreement this round in exchange for your research agreement under the following conditions:

a} You have to research Hypermetabolism (PDS2 is relatively easy for me to get on my own, and not as valuable to get first round)
b} You can't use the trade agreement this round - I need those resources to bolster early expansion, of course. (But I will 4:4 commodity swap with you if you like, so you are guaranteed to get your full commodities this round).

#100 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 August 2020 - 04:15 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 10 August 2020 - 01:06 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 10 August 2020 - 12:50 PM, said:

Defensive measures are always wise, a PDS network is probably a good deterrent.

You can always give me encouragement to go elsewhere, I'm not against forging a lasting alliance throughout the game and leaving you in peace (in fact I'd prefer it), but my race is strong at the beginning of the game, and yours is stronger at the end, so I'd be foolish to leave you free to grow via tech and skimp on spending resources on military without some compensation.

A SFTT swap is definitely a possibility, and I'd be willing to leave you free to get Lodor and such and the freedom of mind of not worrying about me as long as I get something for my time, hypermetabolism, and being nominated speaker (I'd leave you first pick) would go a long way towards that.

I'm going to think on this. My systems don't look all that juicy to you and yours but I know you can ruin my day if you tried. I can see you not wanting Lodor because of the Mentak tax. So let me see if I can agree to something.

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users