• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Expansion

#61 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 04 November 2020 - 02:05 PM

Imperial Historian, on 03 November 2020 - 09:21 PM, said:

Has to be said the level pf complexity seems to have gone up a lot. Much more likely for people to miss a crucial ability a neighbor has.

Agents, commanders, mechs, flagships, abilities and faction techs, it's a lot to keep track of.

definitely. Especially with stuff like the alliance cards and relics and Yssaril Agent/Mahact ability to copy other people's leader abilities, too. You're about to attack Sol, and you've double-checked everything is okay by re-reading their faction abilities, their flagship, their mech, all 3 leaders... and then they flip a relic on you or Yssaril intervenes in your battle using someone else's agent or whatnot. Hectic!

I do like that the commanders and heroes are unlocked in later rounds, so it's not quite as bad as having to deal with all of that from the start.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#62 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 November 2020 - 05:31 PM

Expansion Rulebook is now online: https://images-cdn.f...ulebook_web.pdf
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#63 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 06 November 2020 - 05:42 PM

Official 8 player setup looks interesting, hopefully we can garner enough interest for an 8 player game when the time comes.

The new stuff looks really interesting, the game is going to change a lot!

#64 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 06 November 2020 - 11:00 PM

The wiki looks like it has most of the new stuff added to it. Some of the new techs and factions look like they are crazy good. Really mixes things up.

New techs should shake things up, there is a new red tech which means some races can theoretically tech to war suns turn 1!

All looks very fun.

#65 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 December 2020 - 08:23 PM

Still haven't found hi-res images of the stuff we need to include the expansion stuff in our next game, but lots of information here:

https://www.reddit.c...ll_new_content/
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#66 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 01 December 2020 - 08:48 PM

I found decent-enough pictures of the mech cards and all the exploration tokens (but could be better). System tiles are definitely going to be the tough ones to get and they really need to be decent actual scans, not just photos, or the board will look very dumb, so that's the main hurdle at the moment.

Though we could do a game with everything except the new system tiles and it should work just fine, I think.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#67 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 December 2020 - 10:51 PM

D, on 01 December 2020 - 08:48 PM, said:

I found decent-enough pictures of the mech cards and all the exploration tokens (but could be better). System tiles are definitely going to be the tough ones to get and they really need to be decent actual scans, not just photos, or the board will look very dumb, so that's the main hurdle at the moment.

Though we could do a game with everything except the new system tiles and it should work just fine, I think.

What about the commanders? We will need those, no?

#68 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 01 December 2020 - 11:10 PM

Blend, on 01 December 2020 - 10:51 PM, said:

We can just do text-only for all the heroes. Everyone can plop them into their status area (might even be better that way, since everyone's going to have a hard time remembering what their abilities all are for the first while).

Later on, if we get good scans of them, we can switch them over to player sheets if players feel comfortable with that.

#69 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 December 2020 - 11:20 PM

D, on 01 December 2020 - 11:10 PM, said:

Blend, on 01 December 2020 - 10:51 PM, said:

We can just do text-only for all the heroes. Everyone can plop them into their status area (might even be better that way, since everyone's going to have a hard time remembering what their abilities all are for the first while).

Later on, if we get good scans of them, we can switch them over to player sheets if players feel comfortable with that.

Well, based on the TTS TI4 Discord, the expansion material should be available on TTS sometime in January - if we haven't found some hi-res images of the system tiles by then, I'm sure we'll be able to snag them at that point, even if we have to do the tedious print screen, edit in GIMP thing.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users