#1 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:34 AM

Anyone seen this yet?

https://www.dicebrea...xpansion-leaked

Pretty exciting!!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 10 July 2020 - 06:11 AM

Ooooh. Looks good! Hopefully we will all be less busy when it comes out!

#3 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 10 July 2020 - 01:05 PM

7 new races, 40 new hexes (including a Wormhole Nexus!) and some additional gameplay elements (mech units, new leader, exploration and action cards!).

I think it's gonna be real interesting to see what all comes with it! :D I'm particularly excited to see the new races!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#4 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:29 PM

Ooh, that looks neat!
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#5 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 19 July 2020 - 08:14 PM

It does. Increase in numbers from 6 to 8 and we've been playing with 9.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#6 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 30 July 2020 - 02:39 PM

Oh god it's real and enormous

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#7 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 30 July 2020 - 03:33 PM

We gonna play in the meantime tho?
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#8 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 July 2020 - 03:59 PM

For some further information!

#9 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:02 PM

It's called Prophecy of Kings.

7 Brand New Factions, including The Mahact Gene-Sorcerers and The Argent Flight.

40 new system tiles, including hyper lane tiles.

2 new faction colours (original game only has 6, we have 9)

3 New Leaders for every faction, including old and new factions, which will add a new level of strategy.

New mech units which add fire power for planetary battles.

Several new cards of every type (including objectives).

Release is November 2020.

Unboxing live stream happening tomorrow. Hoping they'll post the video after so that I can watch it! :)

#10 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:03 PM

View PostItwæs Nom, on 30 July 2020 - 03:33 PM, said:

Well do we have enough interest to get a game up and running?

I know Tapper's out, I think Khell and/or Morgy said he'd be out - that's 2 of our regular players.

I sorta faded away after having started to prep for the next game cause I went home to visit family and when I got back I had seen that not a single post had been made in the meantime. If there is enough interest, I could prolly get a game up and running. I'd much prefer to play though!

This post has been edited by Blend: 30 July 2020 - 04:03 PM

#11 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 30 July 2020 - 05:49 PM

View PostBlend, on 30 July 2020 - 04:02 PM, said:

It's called Prophecy of Kings.

7 Brand New Factions, including The Mahact Gene-Sorcerers and The Argent Flight.

Seven new factions is crazy amount. Crazy.

40 new system tiles, including hyper lane tiles.

Mallice/wormhole nexus is official again now. There's exploration decks, too, so when you're the first to reach a planet you draw from a deck of the corresponding type (hazard/culture/economic) and get some bonus/penalty.

2 new faction colours (original game only has 6, we have 9)

Woooo official pink ships! ^_^

3 New Leaders for every faction, including old and new factions, which will add a new level of strategy.

Seems like leaders are essentially more special unique faction abilities, similar to a faction's existing abilities, but they unlock over time and the last one is a one-use only ability. The Muaat get their "turn a system into a supernova" ability again :)

New mech units which add fire power for planetary battles.

This one is surprising. It's not just vanilla mech units from 3rd edition coming back, the mech units have unique abilities like flagships do.

Several new cards of every type (including objectives).

Apparently there's some changes to strategy cards, too.

View PostBlend, on 30 July 2020 - 04:03 PM, said:

View PostItwæs Nom, on 30 July 2020 - 03:33 PM, said:

Well do we have enough interest to get a game up and running?

I know Tapper's out, I think Khell and/or Morgy said he'd be out - that's 2 of our regular players.

I sorta faded away after having started to prep for the next game cause I went home to visit family and when I got back I had seen that not a single post had been made in the meantime. If there is enough interest, I could prolly get a game up and running. I'd much prefer to play though!

Yeah, COVID has made things busier for me, too, so I don't mind having the extra time from putting the games on hold for a bit. But I do have time to play (though perhaps not chat as much in the chat thread) if someone really wanted to start one up.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#12 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:30 PM

I'd love to play, to busy to mod unfortunately.

Expansion certainly sounds interesting!

#13 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 August 2020 - 01:52 PM

Havent watched it yet, but I am about to!

https://youtu.be/iM8PVb8I9vI

#14 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:33 PM

I am taking a bunch of pics of new cards and race sheets and stuff which I will post later.

2 new techs of each colour!!

#15 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:38 PM

74 leaders total.

There are three types of leader per faction - an Agent, which each faction starts the game with, a Commander, and a Hero.

This post has been edited by Blend: 01 August 2020 - 03:39 PM

#16 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:43 PM

Legendary planets are planets that come with special ability cards.

There are 4 legendary planets including Mirage and Mallice.

This post has been edited by Blend: 01 August 2020 - 02:45 PM

#17 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:47 PM

Mechs are not tech, so cannot be copied by the Nekro virus. Each faction has a unique mech. They start unlocked.

#18 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:53 PM

Exploration cards: 3 decks of cards which match the planet traits. Nothing bad happens from Exploration, nothing super extreme either except when drawing from the frontier deck.

#19 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:57 PM

Removing agenda cards that affect a specific planet from the agenda deck. They will now be discoverable via exploration.

#20 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:01 PM

Both secret and public objectives have been doubled. Tech objectives are removed.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users