• Group: Administrators

Posted 01 August 2020 - 05:50 PM

Excellent work, I'm excited!

#42 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 August 2020 - 05:53 PM

I think the leaders are going to dramatically change the game - from what I have seen so far, they're the aspect I'm most excited for. Then mechs, then exploration. Gonna be real interesting to see how game dynamics change with all of this! :)
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#43 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 August 2020 - 05:57 PM

Also, Empyrean seem like they are going to be a really interesting race to play.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#44 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 August 2020 - 06:01 PM

Hacan Hero's ability is absolutely ridiculous. Gonna have some Hacan War Suns in the game, gonna make things much more interesting!

#45 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:22 PM

Heh, the Nomad faction is basically just one guy from the future with enough money to hire a bajillion mercenaries and control entire planets because he used future-hindsight to buy a ton of Apple stock. Lovingly ridiculous.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#46 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 August 2020 - 07:56 AM

With all these add ons you cannot really call it an expansion? It would feel like a new game completely. TI5
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#47 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 03 August 2020 - 06:45 AM

That is a lot! It'll make for an entirely different game I think, especially with the exploration.

By the by, I am definitly up for a game if one is set to run. Covid has made things pretty stressfull all in all, but I think I have control, more or less, at work.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#48 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 August 2020 - 11:42 AM

I'm going to be very intrigued as to the new balance of the game, all the races seem buffed so the new heirarchy of races will likely be very different!

Most intrigued by the changes to POs and SOs.

#49 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 August 2020 - 05:10 AM

https://boardgamegee...-twilight-codex

Some extra info. Some of the new action cards sound great, love the changes to the weaker faction techs and PNs.

#50 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 24 October 2020 - 04:30 PM

New lore book has been released:

https://images-cdn.f...b2ZVH6VVnB4gbrw

This post has been edited by Blend: 24 October 2020 - 04:30 PM

#51 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 03 November 2020 - 06:34 PM

Some more expansion information here:

https://www.reddit.c...iv_prophecy_of/

Breakdown of above as follows:

NEW LEADERS

Emissary Taivra (Creuss Agent) - After a player activates a system that contains a non delta wormhole: You may exhaust this card; if you do, that system is adjacent to all other systems that contain a wormhole during this tactical action.

NEW CULTURAL EXPLORATION CARDS

Tomb of Emphidia (Cultural Exploration Card) - ATTACH: This planet's influence value is increased by 1. (If the player who has the "Crown of Emphidia" relic has control of this planet, they can use that relic to gain 1 VP.)

Demilitarized Zone (Cultural Exploration Card) - Return all structures on this planet to your reinforcements. Then, return all ground forces on this planet to the space area. ATTACH: Units cannot be committed to, produced on, or placed on this planet. During the agenda phase this planet's planet card can be traded as part of a transaction.

Gamma Wormhole (Cultural Exploration Card) - Place a gamma wormhole token in this system. Then, purge this card.

Dyson Sphere (Cultural Exploration Card) - ATTACH: This planet's resource value is increased by 2 and its influence value is increased by 1.

NEW RELIC (NOT REALLY)

The Prophet's Tears - When you research a Technology, you can exhaust this card to ignore 1 prerequisite or to draw 1 Action Card. (This was already revealed but the name was improperly translated before).

LEGENDARY PLANET CARDS

Mirage Flight Academy - Mirage (Cultural 1/2) - You may exhaust this card at the end of your turn to place 2 fighters from your reinforcement into any system containing 1 or more of your ships.

Exterrix Headquarters - Malice (Cultural 0/3)

Imperial Arms Vault - Hopes End (Hazardous 3/0)

The Atrament - Primor (Cultural 2/1)

JUST REGULAR PLANETS

Cormund (Hazardous 2/0) Also a gravity rift! (Also previously revealed... but now with resource / influence values!)

NEW MECHS

Hecatoncheires (Ul Mech) - Deploy: When you would place a PDS on a planet you may place 1 mech and 1 infantry on that planet instead.

Reanimator (Vuil'Raith Mech) - When your infantry on this planet are destroyed, place them on your faction sheet; those units are captured.

Watcher (Empyrean Mech) - You may remove this unit from a system that contains or is adjacent to another player's units to cancel an action card played by that player.

THANK YOU /u/troutacular

Dimensional Tear II (Vuil'Rath Tech replaces Spacedock II) - Same as Dimensional Tear I but now has production 7 and can support 12 fighters without counting against capacity.

This post has been edited by Blend: 03 November 2020 - 06:35 PM

#52 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 03 November 2020 - 06:46 PM

Another of the new Races:

Titans of Ul

Spoiler

Other side of the Naz-Rokha Race Sheet:

Spoiler

The Vul-Raith Cabal

Spoiler

The Nomad

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Blend: 03 November 2020 - 06:47 PM

#53 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:05 PM

I cannot read the abilities on the race cards, I hope too much stuff won't affect the game too much.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#54 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:18 PM

Titans of Ul Faction Abilities:

TERRAGENSIS: After you explore a planet that does not have a sleeper token, you may place or move 1 sleeper token onto that planet.

AWAKEN: After you activate a system that contains 1 or more of your sleeper tokens, you may replace each of those tokens with 1 PDS from your reinforcements.

COALESCENCE: If your flagship or your AWAKEN faction ability places your units into the same space area or onto the same planet as another player's units, your units must participate in combat during "Space Combat" or "Ground Combat" steps.

Vuil-Raith Cabal Faction Abilities:

DEVOUR - Capture your opponent's non-structure units that are destroyed during combat.

AMALGAMATION - When you produce a unit, you may return 1 captured unit of that type to produce that unit without spending resources.

RIFTMELD - When you research a unit upgrade technology, you may return 1 captured unit of that type to ignore all of the technology's prerequisites.

The Nomad Faction Abilities:

THE COMPANY - You have 3 Agents. During setup, place the additional two Agents next to your player board.

FUTURESIGHT - During the Agenda phase, after an outcome that you voted for or predicted is resolved, gain 1 trade good

The Argent Flight Faction Abilities:

ZEAL - You always vote first during the agenda phase. When you cast at least 1 vote, cast 1 additional vote for each player in the game including you.

RAID FORMATION - When 1 or more of your units uses ANTI-FIGHTER BARRAGE, for each hit produced in excess of your opponent's Fighters, choose 1 of your opponent's ships that has SUSTAIN DAMAGE to become damaged.

The Empyrean Faction Abilities:

VOIDBORN - Nebulae do not affect your ships' movement.

AETHERPASSAGE - After a player activates a system, you may allow that player to move their ships through systems that contain your ships.

DARK WHISPERS - During setup, take the additional Empyrean faction promissory note: you have 2 faction promissory notes.

The Mahact Gene Sorcerers Faction Abilities:

EDICT - When you win a combat, place 1 command token from your opponent's reinforcements in your fleet pool if it does not already contain 1 of that player's tokens; other player's tokens in your fleet pool increase your fleet limit but cannot be redistributed.

IMPERIA - While another player's command token is in your fleet pool, you can use the ability of that player's commander, if it is unlocked.

HUBRIS - During setup, purge your "Alliance" promissory note. Other players cannot give you their 'Alliance" promissory note.

The Naaz-Rokha Alliance Faction Abilities:

DISTANT SUNS - When you explore a planet that contains 1 of your mechs, you may draw 1 additional card; choose 1 to resolve and discard the rest.

FABRICATION - ACTION: Either purge 2 of your relic fragments of the same type to gain 1 relic; or purge 1 of your relic fragments to gain 1 command token.

#55 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:53 PM

Empyrean seem really meh to me, like a less focused Hacan. Mahact and Vuil'raith sound crazy. Titans have a bunch of ludicrous abilities, but I think they won't have an easy time actually getting them all built and using them. Naaz-Rokha really depends on how good the exploration decks end up being. Argent seem like the tamest of the bunch, but the destroyer 2 is craaaazy good for a 1 resource ship.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#56 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:57 PM

View PostD, on 03 November 2020 - 08:53 PM, said:

Empyrean seem really meh to me, like a less focused Hacan. Mahact and Vuil'raith sound crazy. Titans have a bunch of ludicrous abilities, but I think they won't have an easy time actually getting them all built and using them. Naaz-Rokha really depends on how good the exploration decks end up being. Argent seem like the tamest of the bunch, but the destroyer 2 is craaaazy good for a 1 resource ship.

Funny, I am most intrigued by the Empyrean. Their PNs are interesting:

Dark Pact - ACTION: Place this card face up in your play area. When you give a number of commodities to the Empyrean player equal to your maximum commodity value, you each gain 1 trade good. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Empyrean player's units, return this card to the Empyrean player.

Blood Pact - ACTION: Place this card face up in your play area. When you and the Empyrean player cast votes for the same outcome, cast 4 additional votes for that outcome. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Empyrean player's units, return this card to the Empyrean player.

Definitely excited for Mahact Gene-Sorcerers as well, and some of the additional stuff I've seen re: the Naaz-Rokha (their commanders, their mechs) seem really interesting.

#57 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:59 PM

The Empyrean faction abilities are neat too:

Aetherstream - After you or one of your neighbors activates a system that is adjacent to an anomaly, you may apply +1 to the move value of all of that player's ships during this tactical action.
Requirements: 2 Blue

Voidwatch - After a player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your units, they must give you 1 promissory note from their hand, if able.
Requirements: 1 Green

#58 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 November 2020 - 09:17 PM

I think it will be hard to determine how good all these races are without seeing all the agent, commanders etc which seem to add a lot of power.

Argents raid ability with destroyer 2's sounds like it will be incredible.

Now sure how the you always vote first ability would play out in forum play, is that supposed to be an advantage or disadvantage?

#59 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 November 2020 - 09:21 PM

Has to be said the level pf complexity seems to have gone up a lot. Much more likely for people to miss a crucial ability a neighbor has.

Agents, commanders, mechs, flagships, abilities and faction techs, it's a lot to keep track of.

#60 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 04 November 2020 - 06:59 AM

and the tech tree gets bigger too. It'll be beautiful chaos Posted Image
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic