• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wert says ICE book in November: 'The Jhistal'

#1 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 25 February 2020 - 06:25 PM

https://thewertzone....r-this.html?m=1

Transworld have confirmed that the next Malazan book to be published will be Ian Cameron Esslemont's The Jhistal, which is due in November 2020.

The Jhistal will be the fourth volume in the Path to Ascendancy series (despite early speculation it would be a continuation of the six-volume Malazan Empire series) and is presumed to focus on the Malazan Empire's expansion to the islands of Falar.

Steven Erikson's next Malazan novel, The God is Not Willing, the first book in the Witness Trilogy, is almost complete, with Erikson noting this week he'd reached the final chapter in the book. The book is currently scheduled for release in November 2021, but it is unclear if Tor and Transworld would be willing to bring forward the release date if it is indeed completed imminently.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 25 February 2020 - 06:53 PM

Coolness.

I can live with one Malazan fix per year. Two would be better but i'm not greedy and ICE and SE alternating suits me just fine.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:11 PM

Awesome news, really happy that it's a direct continuation of the series for ICE.

I'm cool for the books to come whenever they do, I think the journey we've had with SE and ICE by now, they've earned the right to take their time with the releases... one fix a year is still a glorious fix to be had!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#4 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:47 PM

Man, I hope the whole thing isn't about Mallick Rel.

Still, I bet it will be an interesting read regardless.

Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#5 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:29 AM

View PostCyphon, on 25 February 2020 - 06:25 PM, said:

Transworld have confirmed that the next Malazan book to be published will be Ian Cameron Esslemont's The Jhistal, which is due in November 2020.

The Jhistal will be the fourth volume in the Path to Ascendancy series (despite early speculation it would be a continuation of the six-volume Malazan Empire series) and is presumed to focus on the Malazan Empire's expansion to the islands of Falar.

Steven Erikson's next Malazan novel, The God is Not Willing, the first book in the Witness Trilogy, is almost complete, with Erikson noting this week he'd reached the final chapter in the book. The book is currently scheduled for release in November 2021, but it is unclear if Tor and Transworld would be willing to bring forward the release date if it is indeed completed imminently.

So what's you guys opinion on this release affecting the reread cycle?

The Path of Ascendancy books are relatively short. Do we just cram it in there with what ever else we're reading in November?

View PostKanese S, on 25 February 2020 - 07:47 PM, said:

In the earlier Esslemont books I came to have more respect for Rel as a competent ruler who might bring progress to the empire. I still want to see a Bonehunter cut his head off though.

#6 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 02 March 2020 - 05:11 PM

View PostAptorian, on 27 February 2020 - 07:29 AM, said:

View PostCyphon, on 25 February 2020 - 06:25 PM, said:

So what's you guys opinion on this release affecting the reread cycle?

The Path of Ascendancy books are relatively short. Do we just cram it in there with what ever else we're reading in November?

View PostKanese S, on 25 February 2020 - 07:47 PM, said:

In the earlier Esslemont books I came to have more respect for Rel as a competent ruler who might bring progress to the empire. I still want to see a Bonehunter cut his head off though.

Decapitation is too good for him.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users