• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NFL 2020 to Super Bowl 55

#201 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 January 2021 - 05:24 PM

I just saw on my menu that freeform has a broadcast of the 1st game called a watch party, whatever that entails.

#202 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:36 PM

Flipped over to that Freeform presentation. Looks like its the game in main box and then smaller boxes of zoom interviews with low grade celebrities. DJ Khalid will do half time show. ... not for me.... quickly flipped back to traditional game.

#203 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:00 AM

Back to back losses to Browns, ouch. Time for some evaluation on what's going on. I like Mike Tomlin but I've been pushing for a change since they let Jacksonville come in to their home and put up 45 points in the playoffs, like 3-4 years ago I want to say? This game tonight is more of the same. Not a disciplined team, which is a direct line cause due to coaching. Also need to look for next QB. Ben starts out the season healthy but is always banged up and just doesn't bounce back anymore. And lets be honest, he's lost more then a couple of steps. Off season should be hard decision time.

I don't really have any dog left in the fight. I would like to see the Bills go all the way, but lets be real it's going to be Kansas City. And in the NFC, I can't stand Tom Brady, but something is tugging at me to want him to go to another Super Bowl. If I was going to put money down though, I would go with Green Bay. Lord help any team that has to go into Green Bay in January. Better have your thermal long john underwear. Better stack them on so you look like a zit that needs to be popped.

Posted Image

#204 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 11 January 2021 - 06:16 PM

It does seem like Pittsburgh needs to make some serious decisions. The way things fell apart late this year is not something that seems to happen to that team.

#205 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 January 2021 - 07:43 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 11 January 2021 - 06:16 PM, said:

It does seem like Pittsburgh needs to make some serious decisions. The way things fell apart late this year is not something that seems to happen to that team.

Yeah man, no doubt. They've fallen apart before. The loss to Jax I cite above as an example. I think it starts with coaching personally. Team is too undisciplined. Tomlin is great motivator, but when it comes to white board Xs and Os, and fundamentals, eh, I dunno man.

#

Interested to see if Baker Mayfield handles this next progress in the playoffs today. I don't think they win, but I'm interested to see if he performs well in this setting.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 17 January 2021 - 07:44 PM

#206 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 17 January 2021 - 09:51 PM

Baker is shaky, as of early 3rd quarter, having just thrown a terrible pick. Really lucky it didn't increase the deficit.

#207 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 17 January 2021 - 09:53 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 17 January 2021 - 07:43 PM, said:

Yeah man, no doubt. They've fallen apart before. The loss to Jax I cite above as an example. I think it starts with coaching personally. Team is too undisciplined. Tomlin is great motivator, but when it comes to white board Xs and Os, and fundamentals, eh, I dunno man.

Are you actually saying you'd like to see a coaching change?

#208 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 January 2021 - 03:04 AM

View Postparan falcon, on 17 January 2021 - 09:53 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 17 January 2021 - 07:43 PM, said:

Are you actually saying you'd like to see a coaching change?

Yes.

#

Congrats on the win dude. Your guys get the luxury of freezing their bollocks off while Aaron Rogers sets (probably numerous records) in sending them back to Tampa Bay with a shameful L. Gunna be Green Bay and Buffalo in the SB. Ha, I'm predicting Buffalo beats KC!

#209 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 18 January 2021 - 03:17 AM

Wow, really, you're done with Tomlin? Do you have someone in mind?

My own team really surprised me, beating the Saints. I didnt think it was very likely, but the Bucs defense played maybe their best game of the year. I'm actually more confident about going against GB. We beat them once. One win from being the first team to play for the Lombardi in their own stadium.

#210 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 January 2021 - 07:20 PM

Tomlin does great during the regular season, although they have their brain fart moments, undisciplined mistake prone games sprinkled throughout the season (which again, points to coaching). When it comes to the playoffs, the opposing teams have a better film crew it seems, because they figure out the Steelers real quick. And the Tomlin led Steelers seem to be incapable of making the adjuments the other teams can. That's a failure in coaching. I like Tomlin, I really do, but Steelers have to do better then going season undefeated until the end and losing games they should have won and then getting bounced out of the playoffs on their home field, first game. Can't continue to happen.

Not sure who I would replace Tomlin with. Maybe try to bring Nick Saban back to the NFL, ha! wouldn't that be something. Never happen though, Saban's got it too sweet rolling with the tide.

Good luck with Tompa Bady and the swashbuckling Bradettes beating frozen cheese. Your guys better have icy hot muscle cream ready to go in their jocks, cause it'll probably be cold. Brady does great in the cold though, so that will probably be a push. I guess it's how the rest of the team handles it.

#211 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 January 2021 - 05:04 PM

Yo! @paran falcon ! Your guys ready? Posted Image Lets Gooooooo! Lets get it! Also, Go Bills!

#212 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 24 January 2021 - 06:52 PM

Ready! No Antonio Brown or Antoine Winfield (safety) who forced the Cook fumble last week. But the Bucs DO get Vita Vea back in the middle of the D line next to Suh. And that is HUGE, as he is a beast in there. The Bush pass rush fell way down when we lost Vea early in the season. Consistent pressure on Rodgers would help the cause. The Bucs CAN win this game. We shall see. Beginning of the season, I would've jumped on reaching the NFC championship game. But now that they're here, I want to play for the Lombardi in our home stadium!

#213 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 24 January 2021 - 06:54 PM

And I, also, wouldn't mind seeing Buffalo win...

#214 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:13 PM

Well designed opening drive. Adjustments will be made, but a statement for sure by the Bucs. See how Packers answer.

#215 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:20 PM

Dang, since Tampa Bay is out of my market, I rarely get to see them play. Didn't realize their defense was so dynamic. Could be a long day for Rodgers and Co. See now what Tom Terrific does with second drive.

#216 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:20 PM

Great statement by the Bucs D. Sack on Rodgers already is a great sign!

This post has been edited by paran falcon: 24 January 2021 - 08:21 PM

#217 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:30 PM

Man, that 3rd and 14 for a first down can be a confidence deflater. Everyone had their assignments air tight on that perfectly designed play. Some kerfluffle with dropped passes, so Packers better take a breath and get focused. Brady is looking in playoff form, no doubt.

#218 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:39 PM

There's that "discount double check" strike. Dang guys, this one could be fun.

#219 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:40 PM

And the Bucs defensive weakness has appeared: the secondary. They can be shredded, which is why QB pressure is critical to cause errant throws and sacks.

#220 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:44 PM

Dropped passes. Welcome to the Steelers strategy.

[EDIT] Ha, then that catch!

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 24 January 2021 - 08:44 PM

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users