• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 4C - Chat Thread

#21 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:25 AM

Took a look at the map IH and I dont have any huge designs on any systems in your slice but if you are interested in one of my influence planets I wouldn't mine having one of your 2 production planets in return. If not no biggie.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#22 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:30 AM

D'rek I'd discuss our borders but as I only have 1 way I can go and it takes time for the fertile soil to germinate and spread it will be some time before we will meet.

#23 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:30 AM

Alright, game map has been updated up to where we're at. Drek will have to add Toaster's stuff once he chooses his race. I'm about to send the mod info to Tapper so that he can take care of getting action cards and SOs handed out for the beginning of the game, and potentially get the Strategy Phase going too!

#24 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:23 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 08 October 2019 - 11:54 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 08 October 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

Twelve can we come to an arrangement regarding planets to maintain peace in our little corner of the galaxy? Early commodity trade if possible?

Likewise khell?

Yep to both. Commodity trade will be slightly tougher for us as we’ll have to send ships into non-planetary hexes in order to meet.

I see the three systems around my homeworld as mine and the 3-planet system next to MR. As Morgoth will be gallivanting to parts unknown with the Creuss and so probably won’t bother trying to come round the nova, I’ll be happy to take Centauri-Gral too ;)

The three planet hex is equidistant between us so I don't know about yours :p Especially if morgoth leaves you centauri gral. I'm mainly interested in the influence planet of the three, so i was thinking I'd take one and you take the other two.

#25 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:27 AM

View Posttwelve, on 09 October 2019 - 12:25 AM, said:

Took a look at the map IH and I dont have any huge designs on any systems in your slice but if you are interested in one of my influence planets I wouldn't mine having one of your 2 production planets in return. If not no biggie.

Possibly, 2 influence planets are useful for me. Let's see how things evolve. The yin have 2 commodities, arborec have 3. I'd be happy to make my first move to vefut to allow an early commodity swap.

#26 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:11 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 09 October 2019 - 06:23 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 08 October 2019 - 11:54 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 08 October 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

Twelve can we come to an arrangement regarding planets to maintain peace in our little corner of the galaxy? Early commodity trade if possible?

Likewise khell?

Yep to both. Commodity trade will be slightly tougher for us as we’ll have to send ships into non-planetary hexes in order to meet.

I see the three systems around my homeworld as mine and the 3-planet system next to MR. As Morgoth will be gallivanting to parts unknown with the Creuss and so probably won’t bother trying to come round the nova, I’ll be happy to take Centauri-Gral too ;)

The three planet hex is equidistant between us so I don't know about yours :p Especially if morgoth leaves you centauri gral. I'm mainly interested in the influence planet of the three, so i was thinking I'd take one and you take the other two.

We can come to an arrangement. But know that I have taken out my colonial map, drawn a line from each homeworld to that hex, and turns out mine is the straightiest and directest of all the lines :)
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#27 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:40 AM

D'rek what do you think of our border? I think we'll come to meet around Silvano/Tau Bootis.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#28 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:08 AM

Toaster, greetings from the fellow reptilians, think a potential trade would be possible first turn?
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#29 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:48 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 09 October 2019 - 06:27 AM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 09 October 2019 - 12:25 AM, said:

Possibly, 2 influence planets are useful for me. Let's see how things evolve. The yin have 2 commodities, arborec have 3. I'd be happy to make my first move to vefut to allow an early commodity swap.

What would you think of your two commodities and your trade pn for my 3 Commodities?

#30 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:49 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 09 October 2019 - 07:40 AM, said:

D'rek what do you think of our border? I think we'll come to meet around Silvano/Tau Bootis.

Yes, that seems more likely than either of us trudging across the big empty space between our HWs.

I think you're in a bad spot. Sardakk are at their best when they can bully at least one of their neighbours right off the bat. But you've put Sardakk between Nekro and L1z1x, hardly races that are easy to bully, and furthermore that Nebula and Supernova limit your expansion speed. I'd guess you either want to {a} buddy up fully with one neighbour so you can dedicate yourself fully to exploiting the other neighbour, in which case you'll have to pick whether you'd rather fight Nekro or L1z1x, or {b} try and make peace to both sides and crawl towards MR/through the alpha wormhole, hoping to find easier prey there.

Maybe B can work, I dunno. If you can get through the WH before Xxcha builds their flagship they might be juicy prey, or taking on the starter fleets of Yin/Naalu/Creuss around MR might be doable if you can find a way to add some ships to your forward fleet before they can reinforce their own. Seems hard with us being so late in the first round strategy card pick, though.

As for A, well I'd point out that with the big gap of space between our homeworlds, two WHs on my side giving me lots of other options, and also the fact that Sardakk starts with 0 tech, I'm pretty unlikely to betray a ceasefire/alliance/whathaveyou. If Jazz backstabbed you later down the road, though, that Nebula is going to be a huge obstacle for getting your forward fleet back home to stop him stomping through Qucen'n/Rarron and your homeworld. Ergo any alliance with the L1z1x will be one where you have to take away from your forward fleet to leave at least some safeguard forces at home... can you afford that while still winning battles at the front? Not that I'm saying you should go into all-out war with L1z1x right away (though I have seen Sardakk win that fight - who cares about l1z1x bombardment and assimilating buildings when sardakk fighter swarm shreds all the space battles), but I wouldn't plan on a completely trusting alliance with PN swaps et al with Jazz and then putting all your forces forward against me to work out well for you.

Of course there's also the none-of-the-above-option: make friends all around, try to win via trade and the political game. But you're Sardakk... good luck with that.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#31 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:03 PM

Secret Objectives have been posted. Please make your choice!

- Your friendly replacement Lord Helmet Tapper

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 09 October 2019 - 02:04 PM

#32 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:08 PM

View PostD, on 09 October 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

Yes, that seems more likely than either of us trudging across the big empty space between our HWs.

I think you're in a bad spot. Sardakk are at their best when they can bully at least one of their neighbours right off the bat. But you've put Sardakk between Nekro and L1z1x, hardly races that are easy to bully, and furthermore that Nebula and Supernova limit your expansion speed. I'd guess you either want to {a} buddy up fully with one neighbour so you can dedicate yourself fully to exploiting the other neighbour, in which case you'll have to pick whether you'd rather fight Nekro or L1z1x, or {b} try and make peace to both sides and crawl towards MR/through the alpha wormhole, hoping to find easier prey there.

Maybe B can work, I dunno. If you can get through the WH before Xxcha builds their flagship they might be juicy prey, or taking on the starter fleets of Yin/Naalu/Creuss around MR might be doable if you can find a way to add some ships to your forward fleet before they can reinforce their own. Seems hard with us being so late in the first round strategy card pick, though.

As for A, well I'd point out that with the big gap of space between our homeworlds, two WHs on my side giving me lots of other options, and also the fact that Sardakk starts with 0 tech, I'm pretty unlikely to betray a ceasefire/alliance/whathaveyou. If Jazz backstabbed you later down the road, though, that Nebula is going to be a huge obstacle for getting your forward fleet back home to stop him stomping through Qucen'n/Rarron and your homeworld. Ergo any alliance with the L1z1x will be one where you have to take away from your forward fleet to leave at least some safeguard forces at home... can you afford that while still winning battles at the front? Not that I'm saying you should go into all-out war with L1z1x right away (though I have seen Sardakk win that fight - who cares about l1z1x bombardment and assimilating buildings when sardakk fighter swarm shreds all the space battles), but I wouldn't plan on a completely trusting alliance with PN swaps et al with Jazz and then putting all your forces forward against me to work out well for you.

Of course there's also the none-of-the-above-option: make friends all around, try to win via trade and the political game. But you're Sardakk... good luck with that.

I think having a spacedock on Tau Bootis will help my forward game. Like most MR will be a target but I am not going to be zipping round the map left/right and centre. I'm going to be taking it slow and steady this game, and go for objectives when I can. I am not going to be in the immediate rush for MR as you say I have a Nebula which will slow me down anyway. The two WH's for you are a concern with Creuss in the game and Morgoth may gun for you if he deems it worthy. So I doubt you'll be coming for me with so little tech. I'll prepare for that eventuality though as I have learned my lesson in that regards. I picked Sardakk because I always seem to find myself in a pick and hopefully I can negate that this time round.

#33 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:12 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 09 October 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

I think having a spacedock on Tau Bootis will help my forward game. Like most MR will be a target but I am not going to be zipping round the map left/right and centre. I'm going to be taking it slow and steady this game, and go for objectives when I can. I am not going to be in the immediate rush for MR as you say I have a Nebula which will slow me down anyway. The two WH's for you are a concern with Creuss in the game and Morgoth may gun for you if he deems it worthy. So I doubt you'll be coming for me with so little tech. I'll prepare for that eventuality though as I have learned my lesson in that regards. I picked Sardakk because I always seem to find myself in a pick and hopefully I can negate that this time round.

That sounds like a not-dying strategy, rather than a winning strategy, if you ask me.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#34 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:16 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 09 October 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

I dont see that I got a pn with my secret objective choices.

#35 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:18 PM

View Posttwelve, on 09 October 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

There isn't a "Your current Secret Objectives:" part of your original game PM?

#36 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:24 PM

View PostD, on 09 October 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 09 October 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

There isn't a "Your current Secret Objectives:" part of your original game PM?

Yeah it was there. I was thinking it would show up as an unread pn.

#37 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:26 PM

Basically notifications have been turned off or something but it should be there in your OP of your PM.

#38 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:27 PM

View PostD, on 09 October 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 09 October 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

That sounds like a not-dying strategy, rather than a winning strategy, if you ask me.

I haven't won a game yet but i've had good strategy in the past that got taken away by other people. This game I want to try a slow but sure build up of Vp's if possible. We'll see, I know I'm not hitting any tech VP's this game that's for sure :)

#39 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 09 October 2019 - 03:07 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 09 October 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

This game I want to try a slow but sure build up of Vp's if possible.

I feel like Naalu or Yin would've been a much better choice for that... well, too late now.

So what are you going to do re:neighbour diplomacy? Double-swap PNs with L1z1x for max deterrence of them and then just hope the Nekro leave you alone to grow "slow but sure" ?

#40 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 09 October 2019 - 03:12 PM

View PostD, on 09 October 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 09 October 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

This game I want to try a slow but sure build up of Vp's if possible.

I feel like Naalu or Yin would've been a much better choice for that... well, too late now.

So what are you going to do re:neighbour diplomacy? Double-swap PNs with L1z1x for max deterrence of them and then just hope the Nekro leave you alone to grow "slow but sure" ?

I am keeping my PN's for as long as possible. I am open to fair deals though. What are you thinking?

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users