Malazan Empire: TI4 Game 4C - Chat Thread - Malazan Empire

Jump to content

  • 85 Pages +
  • « First
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 4C - Chat Thread

#321 User is offline   ToasTer86 

  • Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 231
  • Joined: 27-September 19

Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:55 AM

@Tattersail have you worked out the logistics of when you will use LOGISTICS ?




@Nom & JazzArm : I understand either of you have a rightfull claim on "Daemon 4/0" .
I have no interest in keeping this planet or obstucting your rightfull place and claim in any way. But as it seems you will both not be able to reach it this round, is there a problem if I land there for 1 turn and use the resources for 1 round.

The galaxy is a precious place and we should allmake sure that we do not waste any resources that it presents, don't you agree?

I want to drive the point that I have no intention of staying there and will leave it at any moment uncontested.
0

#322 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

  • Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 1,387
  • Joined: 02-August 15

Posted 18 October 2019 - 08:51 AM

 Jazzarm, on 13 October 2019 - 04:58 PM, said:

While we're talking wormholes, XXcha, we haven't had much to talk about yet. We're interested to see where your expansion path takes you. You can venture out to Daemon, but turtles are notoriously slow and your flagship, while amazing, can't quite cover every tile on the board. Having a lock on the wormhole nexus would be fairly trivial with all those space cannons in Lodor, but might insult the Ghosts. And Mecatol beckons as always, and could be reached through the wormhole.

Should you decide to leave Daemon for now, the L1 would be more than happy to... Keep it warm, as they say. Awaiting the next round with anticipation!


Didn't feel qualified to answer at the time I guess

Well there's also Lodd Eru which is equidistant to us, I don't want to give up both planets but me owning Lodd and you Daemon poses the question of your logistics with Lodd being your shortest path to Daemon, but then ofcouse Daemon is a 4/0 right next to Rex so a perfect planet for a base suficient on it's own

Also ofcourse thanks to this too Daemon holds a higher value than Lodd and is also closer to me which doesn't add as much real value as market value if we're being honest but you get me

 ToasTer86, on 18 October 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

@Nom & JazzArm : I understand either of you have a rightfull claim on "Daemon 4/0" .
I have no interest in keeping this planet or obstucting your rightfull place and claim in any way. But as it seems you will both not be able to reach it this round, is there a problem if I land there for 1 turn and use the resources for 1 round.

The galaxy is a precious place and we should allmake sure that we do not waste any resources that it presents, don't you agree?

I want to drive the point that I have no intention of staying there and will leave it at any moment uncontested.


I could reach it easily if I researched Gravity Drive but my answer will have to await my negotiations with L1
"Yeah but then it's endless rain and SAD and everyone compensating by getting endlessly irritatingly high all the time"
0

#323 User is offline   ToasTer86 

  • Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 231
  • Joined: 27-September 19

Posted 18 October 2019 - 08:57 AM

 Itwęs Nom, on 18 October 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

 Jazzarm, on 13 October 2019 - 04:58 PM, said:

While we're talking wormholes, XXcha, we haven't had much to talk about yet. We're interested to see where your expansion path takes you. You can venture out to Daemon, but turtles are notoriously slow and your flagship, while amazing, can't quite cover every tile on the board. Having a lock on the wormhole nexus would be fairly trivial with all those space cannons in Lodor, but might insult the Ghosts. And Mecatol beckons as always, and could be reached through the wormhole.

Should you decide to leave Daemon for now, the L1 would be more than happy to... Keep it warm, as they say. Awaiting the next round with anticipation!


Didn't feel qualified to answer at the time I guess

Well there's also Lodd Eru which is equidistant to us, I don't want to give up both planets but me owning Lodd and you Daemon poses the question of your logistics with Lodd being your shortest path to Daemon, but then ofcouse Daemon is a 4/0 right next to Rex so a perfect planet for a base suficient on it's own

Also ofcourse thanks to this too Daemon holds a higher value than Lodd and is also closer to me which doesn't add as much real value as market value if we're being honest but you get me

 ToasTer86, on 18 October 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

@Nom & JazzArm : I understand either of you have a rightfull claim on "Daemon 4/0" .
I have no interest in keeping this planet or obstucting your rightfull place and claim in any way. But as it seems you will both not be able to reach it this round, is there a problem if I land there for 1 turn and use the resources for 1 round.

The galaxy is a precious place and we should allmake sure that we do not waste any resources that it presents, don't you agree?

I want to drive the point that I have no intention of staying there and will leave it at any moment uncontested.


I could reach it easily if I researched Gravity Drive but my answer will have to await my negotiations with L1


Sorry I was not aware of this, I pull back from these negotiations as I have no interest in pulling more heat on myself. My slice is fine as it is. I will just move forward slowly.
I pull back from trying to reach "Deamon 4/0" this turn


Do you have interest in "MANSA III 0/1 Y" this round ?
0

#324 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

  • Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 1,387
  • Joined: 02-August 15

Posted 18 October 2019 - 09:04 AM

Price for a free refresh is a promise of a free one back

Khell I'm paying back

 Morgoth, on 17 October 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

Hey Nom, how about a free refresh and trade of commodities? I hope washing your commodities last round garnered some goodwill from the peace turtles.


Fair enough

 ToasTer86, on 17 October 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

Hey Nom,

As neighbours I think we should establish our trade relations further . I would do a 3c:2c trade with you if you refresh me. Would leave you with 2c to trade with L1Z1X


Alternatively accepting tgs too I guess

 Jazzarm, on 17 October 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

 Itwęs Nom, on 17 October 2019 - 08:42 AM, said:

 Jazzarm, on 17 October 2019 - 08:39 AM, said:

L1Z1X choose Politics


What can I offer for the usual neighbourly anticlockwise token movement?


A refresh with a 1tg cherry on top would be acceptable, plus my choice of firstpick, which would probably be Leadership or Tech. So 3:2 trade in my favor.

I'm not sure if we can be neighbors this round considering the vast nothingness between our empires, but I'd be happy to accept the 1tg nonbindingly at a later time.


We can weave this into the Daemon negotiations but I'd definitely leave you the strategy you'd want
"Yeah but then it's endless rain and SAD and everyone compensating by getting endlessly irritatingly high all the time"
0

#325 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

  • Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 1,387
  • Joined: 02-August 15

Posted 18 October 2019 - 09:10 AM

 ToasTer86, on 18 October 2019 - 08:57 AM, said:

 Itwęs Nom, on 18 October 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

 Jazzarm, on 13 October 2019 - 04:58 PM, said:

While we're talking wormholes, XXcha, we haven't had much to talk about yet. We're interested to see where your expansion path takes you. You can venture out to Daemon, but turtles are notoriously slow and your flagship, while amazing, can't quite cover every tile on the board. Having a lock on the wormhole nexus would be fairly trivial with all those space cannons in Lodor, but might insult the Ghosts. And Mecatol beckons as always, and could be reached through the wormhole.

Should you decide to leave Daemon for now, the L1 would be more than happy to... Keep it warm, as they say. Awaiting the next round with anticipation!


Didn't feel qualified to answer at the time I guess

Well there's also Lodd Eru which is equidistant to us, I don't want to give up both planets but me owning Lodd and you Daemon poses the question of your logistics with Lodd being your shortest path to Daemon, but then ofcouse Daemon is a 4/0 right next to Rex so a perfect planet for a base suficient on it's own

Also ofcourse thanks to this too Daemon holds a higher value than Lodd and is also closer to me which doesn't add as much real value as market value if we're being honest but you get me

 ToasTer86, on 18 October 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

@Nom & JazzArm : I understand either of you have a rightfull claim on "Daemon 4/0" .
I have no interest in keeping this planet or obstucting your rightfull place and claim in any way. But as it seems you will both not be able to reach it this round, is there a problem if I land there for 1 turn and use the resources for 1 round.

The galaxy is a precious place and we should allmake sure that we do not waste any resources that it presents, don't you agree?

I want to drive the point that I have no intention of staying there and will leave it at any moment uncontested.


I could reach it easily if I researched Gravity Drive but my answer will have to await my negotiations with L1


Sorry I was not aware of this, I pull back from these negotiations as I have no interest in pulling more heat on myself. My slice is fine as it is. I will just move forward slowly.
I pull back from trying to reach "Deamon 4/0" this turn


Do you have interest in "MANSA III 0/1 Y" this round ?


There's some chance that I personally wouldn't have any problem with you taking Daemon for a round anyway

And I've def no interest in Mansa this round:D
"Yeah but then it's endless rain and SAD and everyone compensating by getting endlessly irritatingly high all the time"
0

#326 User is offline   Jazzarm 

  • Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 149
  • Joined: 26-September 19

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:00 AM

The L1 is content to relinquish any sort of claim we thought we might have had on Daemon to the turtles. While it would have been a good base, Lodd Eru makes more sense for us to capture as it can actually be reached by reinforcements from our home base in one galactic cycle. We won't allow it to be held by Naalu as they're already in a rich pie slice - not to mention with safer borders than anyone - but would accept XXcha as our neighbors there. Also, be advised Gravity Drive is not necessary to reach it this round, you could follow Warfare to move your Dread one tile closer and capture it, should Warfare be popped early enough.

As I've had to tell Sardakk, the unique layout of this galaxy requires a unique outlook on planet rights. We are not content with a smaller piece of the pie just because our home system is located 1 tile further away from the center of the galaxy than 6 others'. Lodd Eru and Wellon are L1's by right. Anyone found disagreeing with this statement can take it up with my Dreadnaught commanders.

We do have a different stipulation to this possible Speaker token deal, however. This round you've shown yourselves generous turtles by offering free refreshes to anyone who will repay the favor. I wonder, would enabling you to pick Trade twice in a row tempt you to try and run a galactic profit? If that were your choice next round, the L1 would like to share in these profits.

Regardless, for a free refresh (and wash should we become neighbors), 1tg, and our choice of firstpick, we would be happy to name you Speaker once it gets back to us.
0

#327 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

  • Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 1,387
  • Joined: 02-August 15

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:25 AM

We're agreed on borders then

I'm open to a sftt swap

And agree on the token deal

And I'm not sure what you mean by galactic profit
"Yeah but then it's endless rain and SAD and everyone compensating by getting endlessly irritatingly high all the time"
0

#328 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

  • Elder God
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 5,226
  • Joined: 08-February 04

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:47 AM

If anyone desires an early warfare play, I could be amenable to playing it first turn if I can secure a promise of a total of 10 votes towards an agenda of my choice in a future agenda phase. Votes not to be on agenda that will be detrimental to the other players. This amount of votes can come from any number of players as long as i get 10 total.
0

#329 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

  • Elder God
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 5,226
  • Joined: 08-February 04

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:47 AM

Nom I'll take you up on that refresh deal.
0

#330 User is offline   ToasTer86 

  • Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 231
  • Joined: 27-September 19

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:54 AM

 Itwęs Nom, on 18 October 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

We're agreed on borders then

I'm open to a sftt swap

And agree on the token deal

And I'm not sure what you mean by galactic profit


will take you up on the refresh deal. And be willing to do a 3C:2C trade for good will
0

#331 User is offline   twelve 

  • Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 7,215
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:36 PM

 Itwęs Nom, on 18 October 2019 - 09:04 AM, said:

Price for a free refresh is a promise of a free one back

Khell I'm paying back

 Morgoth, on 17 October 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

Hey Nom, how about a free refresh and trade of commodities? I hope washing your commodities last round garnered some goodwill from the peace turtles.


Fair enough

 ToasTer86, on 17 October 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

Hey Nom,

As neighbours I think we should establish our trade relations further . I would do a 3c:2c trade with you if you refresh me. Would leave you with 2c to trade with L1Z1X


Alternatively accepting tgs too I guess

 Jazzarm, on 17 October 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

 Itwęs Nom, on 17 October 2019 - 08:42 AM, said:

 Jazzarm, on 17 October 2019 - 08:39 AM, said:

L1Z1X choose Politics


What can I offer for the usual neighbourly anticlockwise token movement?


A refresh with a 1tg cherry on top would be acceptable, plus my choice of firstpick, which would probably be Leadership or Tech. So 3:2 trade in my favor.

I'm not sure if we can be neighbors this round considering the vast nothingness between our empires, but I'd be happy to accept the 1tg nonbindingly at a later time.


We can weave this into the Daemon negotiations but I'd definitely leave you the strategy you'd want

I'll give back a free refresh to you Nom.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#332 User is offline   D'rek 

  • Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators
  • Posts: 11,813
  • Joined: 08-August 07
  • Location::

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:36 PM

 Jazzarm, on 18 October 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

The L1 is content to relinquish any sort of claim we thought we might have had on Daemon to the turtles. While it would have been a good base, Lodd Eru makes more sense for us to capture as it can actually be reached by reinforcements from our home base in one galactic cycle. We won't allow it to be held by Naalu as they're already in a rich pie slice - not to mention with safer borders than anyone - but would accept XXcha as our neighbors there. Also, be advised Gravity Drive is not necessary to reach it this round, you could follow Warfare to move your Dread one tile closer and capture it, should Warfare be popped early enough.

As I've had to tell Sardakk, the unique layout of this galaxy requires a unique outlook on planet rights. We are not content with a smaller piece of the pie just because our home system is located 1 tile further away from the center of the galaxy than 6 others'. Lodd Eru and Wellon are L1's by right. Anyone found disagreeing with this statement can take it up with my Dreadnaught commanders.

We do have a different stipulation to this possible Speaker token deal, however. This round you've shown yourselves generous turtles by offering free refreshes to anyone who will repay the favor. I wonder, would enabling you to pick Trade twice in a row tempt you to try and run a galactic profit? If that were your choice next round, the L1 would like to share in these profits.

Regardless, for a free refresh (and wash should we become neighbors), 1tg, and our choice of firstpick, we would be happy to name you Speaker once it gets back to us.


Yeah, what he said^^ dynamic galaxy and applie pie and all that

 worrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.
0

#333 User is offline   D'rek 

  • Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators
  • Posts: 11,813
  • Joined: 08-August 07
  • Location::

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:37 PM

Nom, I will take your deal but only if I've depleted my pool of commodities when you play Trade.

 worrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.
0

#334 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

  • formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 10,688
  • Joined: 16-July 10
  • Location:Wirral
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:48 PM

Ah, if had taken diplomacy I'd be in that system now. You're a pain in the D'rek :p
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.
0

#335 User is offline   D'rek 

  • Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators
  • Posts: 11,813
  • Joined: 08-August 07
  • Location::

Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:16 PM

 Tattersail_, on 18 October 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

Ah, if had taken diplomacy I'd be in that system now. You're a pain in the D'rek :p


With Khell not playing Diplo immediately and Jazz apparently coming to Tarmann, it was simply too tempting not to. I'll let you have it later in exchange for some tech.

 worrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.
0

#336 User is offline   Jazzarm 

  • Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 149
  • Joined: 26-September 19

Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:17 PM

 Itwęs Nom, on 18 October 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

We're agreed on borders then

I'm open to a sftt swap

And agree on the token deal

And I'm not sure what you mean by galactic profit


If Nekro and Sardakk swap, I'll swap with you.

As for the galactic profit comment... I hail from a meta where the trade policies of galactic leaders aren't so generous. A meta where, in order to obtain that free refresh, the promise of a free refresh in the future is not enough. Alas; even those poor 2-commodity races are pinched - nay, squeezed - with a 1-commodity tax to gain their free refresh.

Today we find ourselves in a kinder galaxy, a better galaxy. One where trade may flow, deals are made in good faith, and the possessive Mentaks and Hacans of this world are diminished to small colonies, not even worthy of competing in the race for the galactic throne. It is a galaxy the L1Z1X approach with curiosity and cautious optimism.

I'm just saying, should we return to the place of trade tax and the next time you pick Trade you demand a 1-commodity tax from everyone, the L1 would appreciate to be compensated with a fair share.

P.S. After careful consideration, the L1Z1X are definitely interested in picking Technology next round.
0

#337 User is offline   Khellendros 

  • Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 5,566
  • Joined: 14-August 07

Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:45 PM

Don’t worry, this galaxy turns pretty mean in the mid to late game too :) A sizeable amount of colourful swearing has been known to occur.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."
0

#338 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

  • Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 1,387
  • Joined: 02-August 15

Posted 18 October 2019 - 04:59 PM

I'm not decided on my action and am out for tonight so sorry but my turn will have to wait until some time tomorrow
"Yeah but then it's endless rain and SAD and everyone compensating by getting endlessly irritatingly high all the time"
0

#339 User is offline   D'rek 

  • Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators
  • Posts: 11,813
  • Joined: 08-August 07
  • Location::

Posted 18 October 2019 - 05:31 PM

Morgoth, how much would it cost me for you to send a yummy destroyer through the quann wormhole to me?

 worrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.
0

#340 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

  • Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 1,387
  • Joined: 02-August 15

Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:20 PM

 Itwęs Nom, on 18 October 2019 - 04:59 PM, said:

I'm not decided on my action and am out for tonight so sorry but my turn will have to wait until some time tomorrow


Or not

 D, on 18 October 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

Nom, I will take your deal but only if I've depleted my pool of commodities when you play Trade.



Sorry, wouldn't work out for me
"Yeah but then it's endless rain and SAD and everyone compensating by getting endlessly irritatingly high all the time"
0

Share this topic:


  • 85 Pages +
  • « First
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users