• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 4C - Chat Thread

#3181 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 03 March 2020 - 10:11 PM

I can't see d'rek going for that though. She wants to hang on to chance of victory. 6 ct, or corner the market and a SO would be enough.

#3182 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 03 March 2020 - 11:30 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 03 March 2020 - 10:11 PM, said:

I can't see d'rek going for that though. She wants to hang on to chance of victory. 6 ct, or corner the market and a SO would be enough.

If Twelve swaps trade agreements with me, I'll do it. (He already promised me a free refresh, this would just cement it)

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3183 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 03 March 2020 - 11:31 PM

But note that it does reduce the Tequ/Tork battle from ~85% down to ~75%. And I have no useful combat action cards. That's gotta be a risk you all are willing to take.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3184 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 March 2020 - 11:43 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 03 March 2020 - 10:09 PM, said:

Actually there is a way, khell attacking rex to give drek lwd, me attacking 3 planet system, nom taking thibah, d'rek taking teq/tork on her turn, tapper plays leadership, khell plays diplomacy, nom action cards gwynan, on toasters turn he doesn't have the resources to gain more than one ct.

I’m presuming by this you mean tickle her with a small ship, not send a erm, sizeable fleet against her.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3185 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 March 2020 - 11:52 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 03 March 2020 - 11:43 PM, said:

Actually there is a way, khell attacking rex to give drek lwd, me attacking 3 planet system, nom taking thibah, d'rek taking teq/tork on her turn, tapper plays leadership, khell plays diplomacy, nom action cards gwynan, on toasters turn he doesn't have the resources to gain more than one ct.

I’m presuming by this you mean tickle her with a small ship, not send a erm, sizeable fleet against her.

Yeah the plus for you would be leadership is played before you need to pass so you get options for that fleet of yours. I'm not sure if that's ultimately worse for d'rek or not.

#3186 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 March 2020 - 11:53 PM

View PostD, on 03 March 2020 - 11:30 PM, said:

If Twelve swaps trade agreements with me, I'll do it. (He already promised me a free refresh, this would just cement it)

I dont have mine. IH does
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3187 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 March 2020 - 11:56 PM

And the free refresh is for those that actually do something. All I've seen is a bunch of talk. Probably need to stall another round before popping trade until I see who does what. If I dont stall and play Trade as my next turn currently only IH is getting one.

#3188 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 March 2020 - 12:06 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 03 March 2020 - 11:52 PM, said:

Yeah the plus for you would be leadership is played before you need to pass so you get options for that fleet of yours. I'm not sure if that's ultimately worse for d'rek or not.

I don’t think it is. There’s a reason she’s asking for that trade agreement. I think I’m going to go with my plan and hope that doesn’t irrevocably screw things up.

#3189 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 04 March 2020 - 12:19 AM

View Posttwelve, on 03 March 2020 - 11:53 PM, said:

Ah, shit, IH is definitely going to win this round isn't he.

And you picked TRADE in the (probably) last round when you didn't even have your trace agreement?! :apt:

#3190 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 04 March 2020 - 12:43 AM

The problem with your 5D chess, Khell, is that you were already terrible at 2D chess...

#3191 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 March 2020 - 01:02 AM

View PostD, on 04 March 2020 - 12:43 AM, said:

The problem with your 5D chess, Khell, is that you were already terrible at 2D chess...

That is true.

#3192 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 04 March 2020 - 01:06 AM

Well, at least it'll be entertaining for a few moments. I'm guessing 4 combat rounds before I'm wiped out.

#3193 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 March 2020 - 02:08 AM

View PostD, on 04 March 2020 - 12:19 AM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 03 March 2020 - 11:53 PM, said:

Ah, shit, IH is definitely going to win this round isn't he.

And you picked TRADE in the (probably) last round when you didn't even have your trace agreement?! :apt:

It's your fault. If you hadn't won that 7% in the beta I wouldnt have needed to trade it. And it was doubly your fault for attacking my homeworld and the asteroid field the round before which set up most of my shenanigans last round.

#3194 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 04 March 2020 - 07:33 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 03 March 2020 - 05:00 PM, said:

Great, all seems doable. Now let's work on a plan where D'rek doesn't win as a result of this.

- She spends one action on taking Ari/Forn/Gliese (6 tokens left in tactical and strategic pools).
- She uses diplo to refresh MR and Lirta (5 tokens left, but 9 influence to exhaust for 3 more tokens.)
- Leadership (8 tokens).
- So we'd need to see her spend another 3 tokens, or have her homeworld taken away.

First order of business is giving her a choice between losing something significant/ victory stopping and burning the nullification field.
Can you provide that?
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#3195 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 04 March 2020 - 07:38 AM

View PostTapper, on 04 March 2020 - 07:33 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 03 March 2020 - 05:00 PM, said:

Great, all seems doable. Now let's work on a plan where D'rek doesn't win as a result of this.

- She spends one action on taking Ari/Forn/Gliese (6 tokens left in tactical and strategic pools).
- She uses diplo to refresh MR and Lirta (5 tokens left, but 9 influence to exhaust for 3 more tokens.)
- Leadership (8 tokens).
- So we'd need to see her spend another 3 tokens, or have her homeworld taken away.

First order of business is giving her a choice between losing something significant/ victory stopping and burning the nullification field.
Can you provide that?

Nvm, you just did with the MR move.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#3196 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 March 2020 - 07:52 AM

I meant tickle! Well this might have handed the game to Toaster, but let's see the fireworks. Unless d'rek chooses to use the nullification field.

#3197 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 04 March 2020 - 08:02 AM

View Posttwelve, on 03 March 2020 - 11:56 PM, said:

And the free refresh is for those that actually do something. All I've seen is a bunch of talk. Probably need to stall another round before popping trade until I see who does what. If I dont stall and play Trade as my next turn currently only IH is getting one.

Well I've already spent Daemon to research Instinct Training, which I have no personal use for, and which will require a CT to use, so as I said before I did it, imma need one too
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#3198 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 March 2020 - 09:43 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 04 March 2020 - 07:52 AM, said:

I meant tickle! Well this might have handed the game to Toaster, but let's see the fireworks. Unless d'rek chooses to use the nullification field.

It’s a big risk, I know. But as I said before, I think we can still take out Toaster even with however this goes, as there are still options.

#3199 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 March 2020 - 09:44 AM

View PostItwæs Nom, on 04 March 2020 - 08:02 AM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 03 March 2020 - 11:56 PM, said:

Well I've already spent Daemon to research Instinct Training, which I have no personal use for, and which will require a CT to use, so as I said before I did it, imma need one too

And I’ve just hit MR, so me three.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 04 March 2020 - 09:44 AM

#3200 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:05 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 04 March 2020 - 09:43 AM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 04 March 2020 - 07:52 AM, said:

It’s a big risk, I know. But as I said before, I think we can still take out Toaster even with however this goes, as there are still options.

I approve, tho D'rek may very well be right about IH, in which case her victory's still prrferable, but in all cases Drek still needs the plan to take on Toaster to go through foremost, and personally I'm not in a position to threaten her hw even if things lined up well so guess I'm all free to go against toast alright

The way we play secondaries online I can't even exhaust rex inbetween diplo and dreks turn
All things fall from kings to rose petals

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

23 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users