• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 4C - Chat Thread

#1721 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:05 AM

@ Morgoth: 2:2 trade when you refresh as we talked about?
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1722 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 24 November 2019 - 02:08 AM

@Nom - thought you were going to leave the cruiser in the alpha system to have somewhere to retreat to on the off-chance I don't kill your dread in the first volley (or at least to not lose both)? Not that it matters to me, in fact I like having the alpha space open for moving to/from MR, just thought it was odd.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1723 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 24 November 2019 - 06:38 AM

Thought the idea was you'd let my dread and gf move somewhere else while I left the cruiser behind and then you'd take the system

Which I now realise would have worked just as well if I just left the infantry but it didn't occur to me your ability works on infantry too

And actually still don't know how exactly retreating works, we xxchanigans are too slow for running to be an option anyway...
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#1724 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 24 November 2019 - 04:05 PM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 24 November 2019 - 06:38 AM, said:

Thought the idea was you'd let my dread and gf move somewhere else while I left the cruiser behind and then you'd take the system

Which I now realise would have worked just as well if I just left the infantry but it didn't occur to me your ability works on infantry too

And actually still don't know how exactly retreating works, we xxchanigans are too slow for running to be an option anyway...

Well no, I don't want to lose my planet for 2 whole rounds this late in the game. Bear in mind the original plan was to do this in round 3 and you had said you would just send a sacrificial cruiser and infantry. I don't mind doing it in round 4 instead and I don't mind having to also kill a sacrificial dreadnought, but I can't spare the timing/logistics and lost resources of waiting for it to leave next round and getting the planet back exhausted only after that. That was the whole point of lining up the DIPLOMACY and TECHNOLOGY timing this way in this round - if I were taking it back next round you could just wait until next round to use prerequisite skip and the timing this round wouldn't have mattered at all.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1725 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:54 PM

So you taking Silvano back this round Drek?

What if Nom uses Nullification Field?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1726 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 24 November 2019 - 09:59 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 24 November 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

Not sure what I would do if he did that, but I don't think he would. The deal was for me to let him take Silvano and use it's tech skip to research a higher-order green tech (presumably Hyper Metabolism), and in exchange I can then retake Silvano, destroying the ship(s) he sent there in the process and getting tech. That's what was suggested and agreed to, over a month ago now. I've held up my part of the deal so far and fully expect him to use DIPLO secondary and then play TECH later this round to finish getting his outcome. If Nom were to try and add new stipulations to the deal *now* when he's had a whole month he could have brought them up prior, or if he were to take his outcome of the deal yet interfere with me getting mine, that would be a pretty heinous betrayal of his word and reputation. I doubt he would stoop so low.

#1727 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:06 AM

Morgoth you are up.

#1728 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:48 AM

Post my turn in about 2 hours

#1729 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 25 November 2019 - 09:55 AM

I must say it feels somewhat relaxing to know that it isn't quite so easy to waltz into Quann anymore. It was my main worry for most of this and last round to be honest.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1730 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:57 AM

View PostD, on 24 November 2019 - 09:59 PM, said:

Not sure what I would do if he did that, but I don't think he would. The deal was for me to let him take Silvano and use it's tech skip to research a higher-order green tech (presumably Hyper Metabolism), and in exchange I can then retake Silvano, destroying the ship(s) he sent there in the process and getting tech. That's what was suggested and agreed to, over a month ago now. I've held up my part of the deal so far and fully expect him to use DIPLO secondary and then play TECH later this round to finish getting his outcome. If Nom were to try and add new stipulations to the deal *now* when he's had a whole month he could have brought them up prior, or if he were to take his outcome of the deal yet interfere with me getting mine, that would be a pretty heinous betrayal of his word and reputation. I doubt he would stoop so low.

There was some misunderstanding then, what I agreed to was taking the planet and then leaving the system with my forces while leaving the cruiser behind for you to get your tech from

Knowing this was the conditions that you were to operate under I might not have taken the deal in the end after you've gained control of Rex, because obvious reasons

Now before you start about heinous beyrayals I'll look up the wording of the deal to see where does the misunderstanding come from, well when I have the time, but I do remember explicitly stating I'd "leave a sacrificial cruiser behind when leaving" so in the meantime the null field provisional will be on on Silvano. And yes I'm playing diplo and tech now.
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#1731 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 25 November 2019 - 11:11 AM

Toaster I think you didn't take off a TG, should be on 6, no?

#1732 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 25 November 2019 - 11:58 AM

D'rek nullification shield can only be used once per game round. I doubt he would use it to protect his ships in Silvano and leave himself open for attack.

#1733 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:21 PM

As a side note, I believe we have been playing the research team agendas wrong:

https://www.reddit.c...am_cybernetics/

The text reads exhaust this card, not this planet, which means a) you can only use this once and B) you do not need the planet to be unexhausted.

Might impact twelves recent turn (if only by saving him a TG)

#1734 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:56 PM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 25 November 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

View PostD, on 24 November 2019 - 09:59 PM, said:

There was some misunderstanding then, what I agreed to was taking the planet and then leaving the system with my forces while leaving the cruiser behind for you to get your tech from

Knowing this was the conditions that you were to operate under I might not have taken the deal in the end after you've gained control of Rex, because obvious reasons

Now before you start about heinous beyrayals I'll look up the wording of the deal to see where does the misunderstanding come from, well when I have the time, but I do remember explicitly stating I'd "leave a sacrificial cruiser behind when leaving" so in the meantime the null field provisional will be on on Silvano. And yes I'm playing diplo and tech now.

Wow, how convenient of you to not even mention the deal anytime in the last month and only now once I've done my part is there "misunderstandings". If you wanted to stipulate fine details you had plenty of time to do so. It's too late now.

You can either follow through on your part of the deal now, and we'll pretend there was never any tension about finishing the deal. Otherwise, as Tatts points out you can only use Nullification Field once per round, and Silvano is hardly the most valuable planet you currently hold...

#1735 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:31 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 25 November 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

The text reads exhaust this card, not this planet, which means a) you can only use this once and B) you do not need the planet to be unexhausted.

Huh, what motivated you to research this now?

Yeah, that does seem very different to how we've been playing it. I'm not sure if that means the card is exhausted forever, or if you can only play it once a round (like Null Field, Transit Diodes, etc.) It does confuse me, however, because the agendas talk about electing a planet, so why would they not be associated directly with that planet when using them?

#1736 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:37 PM

The text reads exhaust this card, not this planet, which means a) you can only use this once

That's not right. Research team agendas ready in each status phase.

and B) you do not need the planet to be unexhausted.

This part checks out. You don't exhaust the planet, but rather the agenda card.

#1737 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:42 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 25 November 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

The text reads exhaust this card, not this planet, which means a) you can only use this once

That's not right. Research team agendas ready in each status phase.

and B) you do not need the planet to be unexhausted.

This part checks out. You don't exhaust the planet, but rather the agenda card.

Like Null Field IH, you exhaust the card but in the status phase you ready it up. Or the L1's research ability and other cards that say exhaust.

#1738 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:44 PM

Huh, that's very interesting re: the Research Team agendas...

Found this:

Research teams exhaust themselves, and NOT the planet they are attached to. This also means that the planet is not a tech specialty planet, and hence doesn't matter for Objectives that look for such traits. When you take control of the planet with a research team, the planet is exhausted, but the team is not.

I think I will add a note somewhere in the reference thread with the above quote. Lots of interesting information!

#1739 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:48 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 25 November 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

Huh, that's very interesting re: the Research Team agendas...

Found this:

Research teams exhaust themselves, and NOT the planet they are attached to. This also means that the planet is not a tech specialty planet, and hence doesn't matter for Objectives that look for such traits. When you take control of the planet with a research team, the planet is exhausted, but the team is not.

I think I will add a note somewhere in the reference thread with the above quote. Lots of interesting information!

To me that seems an unecessary complication to the rules. How does that work with Research Team: Warfare then? Can Nom use the two extra resources separately from exhaustiing Daemon?

Edit: And if he were then to refresh Daemon, it would be then worth 4 resources, not 6, as the card itself is not refreshed?

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 25 November 2019 - 02:49 PM

#1740 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:51 PM

Yeah, I am looking into it a little closer.

Our list of cards note that you can exhaust the planet to get an extra pre-requisite. That pretty clearly means the planet.

Nom gets the 2 points on Daemon from Core Mining, so that's different altogether.

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users