TI4 Game 4C - Chat Thread

#1461 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:00 PM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 18 November 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

View PostItwęs Nom, on 17 November 2019 - 07:08 PM, said:

View PostJazzarm, on 17 November 2019 - 03:58 AM, said:

@Nom I'd like some clarification whose proposal you're considering. We've been friendly neighbors and making deals so far, but if you're gonna help someone attack me I'll treat you as if you made the attack yourself. I'd really rather avoid a Null Field Nekro, and what good is Antivirus to you? I understand Speaker token is not something I can 100% guarantee you, but it's pretty likely Politics makes it to me. Would you use your political clout to choose Lodd Eru as the recipient of Core Mining instead, and in addition to Speaker I'll pay 2tg's?

Both, they're kinda interwined

Re Core Mining: nope

Didn't wanna give away I wouldn't be voting for Daemon but that's nekro without null field for now so if you make me speaker you can be sure that Lodd Eru is safe from her

Amazing.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1462 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:00 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 18 November 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

I'll make you speaker Jazz if Politics ends up with me. Just if you think Logistics may work with fortifying Mec Rex.

Even more amazing.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1463 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:01 PM

View PostD, on 18 November 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 18 November 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

I'll make you speaker Jazz if Politics ends up with me. Just if you think Logistics may work with fortifying Mec Rex.

Even more amazing.

I wanted more options next round, but didn't think it would fall to me, or had much need in politics anyway.

edit; more than that, if Twelve is confident of taking Rex, then i''d prefer the lower VP guy to get it.

edit2; if I am not able to get it myself.

This post has been edited by Tattersail_: 18 November 2019 - 03:04 PM

Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1464 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:04 PM

Like, usually a race with warlike bonuses but poor logistics, such as the L1z1x, would have to do some actual work towards taking control of Mecatol Rex. They'd be trying to reach MR with enough forces to defend it, but that would leave their other planets exposed, so they'd either lose some planets as a sacrifice for the sake of gaining MR, or else they'd have to trade something to their neighbours to avoid that. And certainly the table would try to prevent them from also getting the Imperial strategy card when they do it.

This game though? "Oh Jazz, you can have Tar'mann for a couple rounds in exchange for nothing" "Oh Jazz, you can leave your resource planets completely undefended all game, I'll do nothing" "Oh Jazz, don't worry, I'll stop the 1VP player across the table from doing anything to you just out of the kindness of my heart while you send those 3 SuperDreadnoughts to MR" "Oh Jazz, you want Imperial this round for the MR points? Sure, and tell you what I'll make you Speaker next round for no reason so you can have first pick of Imperial again, too!"

Truly this is the Trump timeline of Twilight Imperium games

#1465 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:11 PM

@Tatts - clearly we're not going to fight each other for the rest of the game. Much as I usually dislike how this forum does blind SFTT swaps, should we go ahead and swap SFTTs as well to try and help catch up in points?

#1466 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:16 PM

Itwęs Nom said:

1574088792[/url]' post='1389455']

Didn't wanna give away I wouldn't be voting for Daemon but that's nekro without null field for now so if you make me speaker you can be sure that Lodd Eru is safe from her

Clever turtle. Well I did say that, so I'll follow through on it. I'm gonna wait with popping it until it's clear Lodd Eru isn't getting invaded by anyone, though. And it should go without saying, but I still want firstpick next round.

@Tatts I hear you're looking for an industrial planet with a yellow tech skip. While I appreciate you respecting my outlined borders and haven't gone after Wellon... You could've asked! I only have the CT's to claim one extra system this round. If you can make me a good offer I can let you hang out at Wellon for a round so you can claim the VP and utilize the tech skip. And even though we're then still trading systems I'd be happy to support swap with you in good faith that we return it at no cost if it's broken by mutually agreed planet swaps. What would that be worth to you?

@Twelve Apparently first action Leadership isn't happening anymore, so I can't really wait to finally claim Mex. Leaving all those infantry in space with a relatively small protection squad is incredibly dangerous considering the multiple great races with fleets nearby. But if first action Leadership is back on the table and you pay me something (tg's or trade agreement) I can wait one turn.

@Toaster Would you refresh me in exchange for a refresh next round?

#1467 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:20 PM

Any difference to you letting Twelve taking Nevant last round without contest or, Mec Rex earlier without contest. There's quite a few warlike races that haven't done much warring yet. It's mainly been nicey nice.

#1468 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:21 PM

Tattersail_ said:

1574089071[/url]' post='1389458']

Aw, I saw that too late. Still, I had made XXcha an offer and while they didn't openly accept, they still helped me out, so I'm returning the favor to them. Logistics was definitely on my mind though!

#1469 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:21 PM

That's unexpectedly generous, I'd be surprised if Twelve doesn't take you up on that it's a win/win for him. But aren't the cyborgs supposed to be ruthless? Twelve better make sure he uses binding timing ^_^

#1470 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:22 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 18 November 2019 - 03:20 PM, said:

There's quite a few warlike races that haven't done much warring yet.

And they're all losing :p

#1471 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:23 PM

View PostD, on 18 November 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

@Tatts - clearly we're not going to fight each other for the rest of the game. Much as I usually dislike how this forum does blind SFTT swaps, should we go ahead and swap SFTTs as well to try and help catch up in points?

I actually like this idea a lot. I know you hardly make offers like this, let me consider.

#1472 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:26 PM

D said:

1574089480[/url]' post='1389463']
Like, usually a race with warlike bonuses but poor logistics, such as the L1z1x, would have to do some actual work towards taking control of Mecatol Rex. They'd be trying to reach MR with enough forces to defend it, but that would leave their other planets exposed, so they'd either lose some planets as a sacrifice for the sake of gaining MR, or else they'd have to trade something to their neighbours to avoid that. And certainly the table would try to prevent them from also getting the Imperial strategy card when they do it.

This game though? "Oh Jazz, you can have Tar'mann for a couple rounds in exchange for nothing" "Oh Jazz, you can leave your resource planets completely undefended all game, I'll do nothing" "Oh Jazz, don't worry, I'll stop the 1VP player across the table from doing anything to you just out of the kindness of my heart while you send those 3 SuperDreadnoughts to MR" "Oh Jazz, you want Imperial this round for the MR points? Sure, and tell you what I'll make you Speaker next round for no reason so you can have first pick of Imperial again, too!"

Truly this is the Trump timeline of Twilight Imperium games

As I've said before, I need Mex for the influence. You made a list of everyone's votes last agenda phase, notice anything interesting? Keeping Mex safe from those who would use it to jump ahead in points is a side benefit.

#1473 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:28 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 18 November 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 18 November 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 18 November 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

Thought we had a deal, Twelve. Crossed wires or changed your mind?

The deal was for core mining I even said that if I put my votes for that I wanted you to put the rest of your votes on Nevant. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I think I made the alternative arrangement very clear at the time, but if you value a red tech skip over an early Leadership play, I guess that’s that.

Actually no it wasn't clear but that is probably on me and my poor reading comprehension. I'm still interested in you playing it turn 1. Anything else I could offer to entice you to do it?
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1474 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:28 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 18 November 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

View PostItwęs Nom, on 18 November 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

Clever turtle. Well I did say that, so I'll follow through on it. I'm gonna wait with popping it until it's clear Lodd Eru isn't getting invaded by anyone, though. And it should go without saying, but I still want firstpick next round.

@Tatts I hear you're looking for an industrial planet with a yellow tech skip. While I appreciate you respecting my outlined borders and haven't gone after Wellon... You could've asked! I only have the CT's to claim one extra system this round. If you can make me a good offer I can let you hang out at Wellon for a round so you can claim the VP and utilize the tech skip. And even though we're then still trading systems I'd be happy to support swap with you in good faith that we return it at no cost if it's broken by mutually agreed planet swaps. What would that be worth to you?

@Twelve Apparently first action Leadership isn't happening anymore, so I can't really wait to finally claim Mex. Leaving all those infantry in space with a relatively small protection squad is incredibly dangerous considering the multiple great races with fleets nearby. But if first action Leadership is back on the table and you pay me something (tg's or trade agreement) I can wait one turn.

I am looking at Wellon this round, and I understand you may want a pathway through to Rex so would not go for it until later in the round. Once Morgoth said he'd relinquish all claim then that was enough for me to see it as an open invitation. I can score my next VP by taking that planet as well as you can with taking rex. What planet swaps are you thinking? I think we've both earned enough good will to start threatening each other.

#1475 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:30 PM

View PostToasTer86, on 18 November 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

As I am neighbours with almost everyone except Khell.
When I play trade I will refresh you for 1TG.

As all debts for free refreshes I have paid off (afaik).

Except for mine. Tit for Tat I believe was the agreement for yours last round.

#1476 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:34 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 18 November 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

I actually like this idea a lot. I know you hardly make offers like this, let me consider.

I accept. You can do it on your turn.

#1477 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:39 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 18 November 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

Itwęs Nom said:

1574088792[/url]' post='1389455']

Is the deal still valid if I select Imperial as my strategy card as well?

#1478 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:40 PM

View Posttwelve, on 18 November 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 18 November 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 18 November 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 18 November 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

Thought we had a deal, Twelve. Crossed wires or changed your mind?

The deal was for core mining I even said that if I put my votes for that I wanted you to put the rest of your votes on Nevant. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I think I made the alternative arrangement very clear at the time, but if you value a red tech skip over an early Leadership play, I guess that’s that.

Actually no it wasn't clear but that is probably on me and my poor reading comprehension. I'm still interested in you playing it turn 1. Anything else I could offer to entice you to do it?

Your votes on an agenda of my choice.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1479 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:42 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 18 November 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 18 November 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

I accept. You can do it on your turn.

Cool!

#1480 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:46 PM

View Posttwelve, on 18 November 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

Is the deal still valid if I select Imperial as my strategy card as well?

With the intent to double score and draw a secret?

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users