• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 4C - Chat Thread

#1421 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:33 PM

Also, @Toaster - feels like you're awkwardly avoiding talking to me. Sure, you offered me prescience and then turned around on that, but you can at least be upfront about it, don't just ignore my existence like an ex at a christmas party :(

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1422 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:51 PM

@Nom: Counteroffer from me. Don't let them learn Null Field or help them attack me, and I'll choose Politics and make you Speaker again. Assuming it gets to me.

#1423 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:58 PM

It's been brought to my attention that a couple tactical actions were missing from the last map update - in particular, D'rek and Toaster's most recent tactical actions were not completed. I've now fixed them and will be uploading the new map momentarily.

#1424 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:43 PM

I'll keep it in my mind but don't expect a definite answer from me before strategy phase begins
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#1425 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:00 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 16 November 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

@Nom: Counteroffer from me. Don't let them learn Null Field or help them attack me, and I'll choose Politics and make you Speaker again. Assuming it gets to me.

Seems like a heck of an assumption. Plus why would Nom want to side with you over me?

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1426 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:37 PM

View PostD, on 16 November 2019 - 06:33 PM, said:

Also, @Toaster - feels like you're awkwardly avoiding talking to me. Sure, you offered me prescience and then turned around on that, but you can at least be upfront about it, don't just ignore my existence like an ex at a christmas party :(

Haha made me laugh irl. I feel like you and I are on good terms. You did not wreck my last round , and I want you to give you a chance to leave. But I don't feel like gift of the prescience is needed for that.

I just really need that wormhole gone from my slice. As to be honest I want our relationship to prosper and I think the best way to do that is to not be neighbors. Which this wormhole is causing us to be.

As well as I feel like that everyone is looking at me like : " he is the leader, let's destroy him ".
Which is causing me to have a bit of anxiety.

#1427 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:15 PM

View PostToasTer86, on 16 November 2019 - 10:37 PM, said:

I just really need that wormhole gone from my slice. As to be honest I want our relationship to prosper and I think the best way to do that is to not be neighbors. Which this wormhole is causing us to be.

The wormhole caused us to become neighbours, yes, but you need it there for me to leave (unless everything lines up for me to move to Lodd Eru). Now you need the WH gone, sure, but you need me to move out before that. So making Jazz able to move the WH before anyone else can possibly take a turn is a poor decision. Giving me Prescience would make it absolutely certain that I can take my turn and leave before Jazz moves the WH, or at the very least don't give it out at all so there's at least some chance I get a lower initiative order.

View PostToasTer86, on 16 November 2019 - 10:37 PM, said:

As well as I feel like that everyone is looking at me like : " he is the leader, let's destroy him ".
Which is causing me to have a bit of anxiety.

All the more reason why Jazz would want to strand my forces in your space.

#1428 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain

Posted 17 November 2019 - 03:58 AM

Oh very well, I don't *have* to move the wormhole first action. I just thought it would be fun to point out the option. Y'all are surprisingly content to let a Nekro trample through your systems unopposed. But I suppose they're your systems to handle as you like.

@Nom I'd like some clarification whose proposal you're considering. We've been friendly neighbors and making deals so far, but if you're gonna help someone attack me I'll treat you as if you made the attack yourself. I'd really rather avoid a Null Field Nekro, and what good is Antivirus to you? I understand Speaker token is not something I can 100% guarantee you, but it's pretty likely Politics makes it to me. Would you use your political clout to choose Lodd Eru as the recipient of Core Mining instead, and in addition to Speaker I'll pay 2tg's?
Edit: Oh, Yin is getting Antivirus? What are you getting out of it then?

@Toaster yay or nay to the Prescience for WH-moving deal? It's your call whether to allow the Nekro to leave first.

@D'rek We've been having a lot of words but so far that's all they have been. If my other deals fall through I'd sell you the Iff straight up for 3tg's. All but guaranteeing the safety of your flagship and giving you more attack options in the future. Or are we past negotiating?

This post has been edited by Jazzarm: 17 November 2019 - 04:01 AM

#1429 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 17 November 2019 - 05:24 AM

I think it's too late to try and renegotiate it now, Jazz. IH has already put in the trade for Antivirus, so he's almost certainly already submitted his votes. Tatts probably has, too. If Nom were to try and shift his own votes now he'd be leaving half on Daemon, half on the new target, and likely to get neither his won planet picked nor the tg from you as another planet entirely might win the vote versus your/Nom's split vote.

View PostJazzarm, on 17 November 2019 - 03:58 AM, said:

@D'rek We've been having a lot of words but so far that's all they have been. If my other deals fall through I'd sell you the Iff straight up for 3tg's. All but guaranteeing the safety of your flagship and giving you more attack options in the future. Or are we past negotiating?

That's expensive, not sure I can afford that. But I'm always up for some talk.

#1430 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:08 AM

Unless someone is willing to straight up pay me for gift of the Presience I will just keep it close.
As I feel things will just have to play out as they do.
I can't pay or influence you all to do what I want.

And if the table , the southern part, (@jazz) wants Nekro to have the first racial tech and crystal fighters then leave the wormhole open.

D'rek did not invade, without a deal with me , just so she could be friendly, so I will let her get away first.

@ the table I abstained on both agendas as my votes were worthless anyhow. And no one wanted to pay me.

The theme here is I am trying to be neutral to all.

This post has been edited by ToasTer86: 17 November 2019 - 08:09 AM

#1431 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 17 November 2019 - 01:23 PM

View PostToasTer86, on 17 November 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

Unless someone is willing to straight up pay me for gift of the Presience I will just keep it close.

And if the table , the southern part, (@jazz) wants Nekro to have the first racial tech and crystal fighters then leave the wormhole open.

D'rek did not invade, without a deal with me , just so she could be friendly, so I will let her get away first.

@ the table I abstained on both agendas as my votes were worthless anyhow. And no one wanted to pay me.

I'll toss ya 1 TG for prescience, just to be completely at ease that Jazz can't strand me.

#1432 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:01 PM

ToasTer86 said:

1573978110[/url]' post='1389348']

First you 'really want that wormhole gone', now you won't pay me to move it and hope I'll move it out of... What, the kindness of my coldsteel heart? The fear Nekro gets slightly better fighters, even though they don't neighbor me? (Never mind that once they have Null Field and HCF2, they can't then also get my racial dreads, so I can rest a little easier at night.)

If you want that wormhole gone, Prescience is my price. Else I'll hold onto it until I can use it for something useful or someone will make me a good offer to use it. I don't mind the point leader's slice being more accessible to anyone in the meantime.

I'll trade IFF for Prescience, straight up. You get to decide when and where the wormhole moves. That's my final offer.

This post has been edited by Jazzarm: 17 November 2019 - 07:04 PM

#1433 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:08 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 17 November 2019 - 03:58 AM, said:

@Nom I'd like some clarification whose proposal you're considering. We've been friendly neighbors and making deals so far, but if you're gonna help someone attack me I'll treat you as if you made the attack yourself. I'd really rather avoid a Null Field Nekro, and what good is Antivirus to you? I understand Speaker token is not something I can 100% guarantee you, but it's pretty likely Politics makes it to me. Would you use your political clout to choose Lodd Eru as the recipient of Core Mining instead, and in addition to Speaker I'll pay 2tg's?

Both, they're kinda interwined

Re Core Mining: nope
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#1434 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:08 PM

Please people and plants, this council is descending into chaos! What are we, a bunch of Solarians!?
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1435 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:22 PM

I was done on Friday. Lots of haggling going on. Is it worth it in the end?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1436 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:00 PM

We energy starfish care naught for your corporeal concerns.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1437 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:27 PM

I've voted too. Not sure what everyone else is doing. I figured with the lackluster agendas this would be a quick meeting. Guess I was wrong.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1438 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:33 PM

Jazz , thank you . This is the best possible deal . As then I can let Nekro escape, close the wormhole afterwards .
Am I in the correct assumption that you will use gift next round.

If yes , I trade you Presience for IFF.

@IH I will move out make space
@D'rek you get to move out
@Jazz you get prescience
@ D'rek will close IFF after that

This post has been edited by ToasTer86: 17 November 2019 - 11:07 PM

#1439 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain

Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:37 PM

Jazz , thank you . This is the best possible deal . As then I can let Nekro escape, close the wormhole afterwards .Am I in the correct assumption that you will use gift next round.

We're agreed, then. I will use it next round.

#1440 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:25 PM

I have 8/9 players' votes.

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic