Jazzarm said:

1574095879[/url]' post='1389508']

twelve said:

1574093242[/url]' post='1389493']

Jazzarm said:

1574092007[/url]' post='1389482']

twelve said:

1574091578[/url]' post='1389478']
Is the deal still valid if I select Imperial as my strategy card as well?

With the intent to double score and draw a secret?

To score an Imperial point and an extra objective. If I can somehow qualify for another public by the end of the round.

Hmm, well so far I haven't heard you offer anything for all this. Letting you gain a 3rd imperial point sounds like a bad idea. Even if I take payment for you to stall my reinforcements on Mex, there's even more reason for another race to attack me there.

I guess to have an offer on the table, would you pay me 3tg's and your Ceasefire?

Tattersail_ said:

1574092972[/url]' post='1389489']
Not quite. I've not designs on your slice, Wellon is wanted but I'm being upfront about that.

Fair enough. Would you swap Ceasefires with me, with the agreement that neither of us will trade it to a 3rd party?

Nekro has my ceasefire. I've done nothing for you to think i'd betray our friendship though. If you came at me then I would retaliate, but other than that I won't.

All right, I'll promise you the same.

#1502 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:00 PM

D said:

1574096301[/url]' post='1389510']
Since everyone has posted their SC pick and we're now done the strategy phase, Jazz are you confirming you're not playing Prescience?

Wouldn't you like that?

#1503 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:03 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 18 November 2019 - 05:00 PM, said:

D said:

1574096301[/url]' post='1389510']
Since everyone has posted their SC pick and we're now done the strategy phase, Jazz are you confirming you're not playing Prescience?

Wouldn't you like that?

Not particularly. Prescience + Speaker-for-Imperial is OP and I can't believe you got it.

But really I'm not that bothered either way, rather I'm about to post the Custodians post for Blend since he won't likely be online for many hours, and just wanted to get confirmation before I post it.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1504 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:05 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 18 November 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 18 November 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 18 November 2019 - 03:40 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 18 November 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 18 November 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 18 November 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 18 November 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

Thought we had a deal, Twelve. Crossed wires or changed your mind?

The deal was for core mining I even said that if I put my votes for that I wanted you to put the rest of your votes on Nevant. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I think I made the alternative arrangement very clear at the time, but if you value a red tech skip over an early Leadership play, I guess that’s that.

Actually no it wasn't clear but that is probably on me and my poor reading comprehension. I'm still interested in you playing it turn 1. Anything else I could offer to entice you to do it?

Your votes on an agenda of my choice.

All of them?

Yes. Considering that you will apparently lose 6 of them this round, it's not even that big of a requirement.

Yeah that is true. Yes I'll agree to this
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1505 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:21 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 18 November 2019 - 04:51 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 18 November 2019 - 04:07 PM, said:

View PostJazzarm, on 18 November 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 18 November 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

Is the deal still valid if I select Imperial as my strategy card as well?

With the intent to double score and draw a secret?

To score an Imperial point and an extra objective. If I can somehow qualify for another public by the end of the round.

Hmm, well so far I haven't heard you offer anything for all this. Letting you gain a 3rd imperial point sounds like a bad idea. Even if I take payment for you to stall my reinforcements on Mex, there's even more reason for another race to attack me there.

I guess to have an offer on the table, would you pay me 3tg's and your Ceasefire?

View PostTattersail_, on 18 November 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

Not quite. I've not designs on your slice, Wellon is wanted but I'm being upfront about that.

Fair enough. Would you swap Ceasefires with me, with the agreement that neither of us will trade it to a 3rd party?

I'm waiting for an answer from you if this will be allowed. If it is okay with you I will gladly give you my trade pn

#1506 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:22 PM

And it's only a 2nd Imperial point not a 3rd.

#1507 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:00 PM

twelve said:

1574097726[/url]' post='1389518']

Semantics. I consider the custodians token an imperial point.
Just your TA is not enough for a VP+2CT's, no. Especially considering the risk to me of waiting to reinforce Mex. Multiple bigger fleets could reach it right now including Barony's and Nekro's.

#1508 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:09 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 18 November 2019 - 06:00 PM, said:

twelve said:

1574097726[/url]' post='1389518']

Semantics. I consider the custodians token an imperial point.
Just your TA is not enough for a VP+2CT's, no. Especially considering the risk to me of waiting to reinforce Mex. Multiple bigger fleets could reach it right now including Barony's and Nekro's.

Okay so how much more?

#1509 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:10 PM

Does my political secrets pn interest you?

#1510 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:21 PM

Jazzarm said:

This is my asking price. If you don't have/don't wanna give Cease I'd take Stymie or TA instead. But that's in addition to 3tg, not instead.
Poli Secret seems exceptionally useless in this agenda format. Or would that include votes on a future agenda?

#1511 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:33 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 18 November 2019 - 06:21 PM, said:

Jazzarm said:

This is my asking price. If you don't have/don't wanna give Cease I'd take Stymie or TA instead. But that's in addition to 3tg, not instead.
Poli Secret seems exceptionally useless in this agenda format. Or would that include votes on a future agenda?

My trade goods are spent but Toast owes me a free refresh so would my trade agreement work in lieu of the actual trade goods?

#1512 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:02 PM

twelve said:

1574102036[/url]' post='1389527']

Jazzarm said:

1574101317[/url]' post='1389526']

Jazzarm said:

My trade goods are spent but Toast owes me a free refresh so would my trade agreement work in lieu of the actual trade goods?

Your latest status shows you at 3tg's currently, is that not correct?
Are you willing to offer one of the PN's I asked for in addition to 3tg, or no? I don't wanna hold up the game too long if my asking price is too high for you and there's no deal to be made.
If you're actually at 0tg, I'd take your TA to not activate Mex first action, and your Cease or Stymie on your first turn. The first trade would be binding, the second I'd have to trust you for. If you have 3tg then I'd like those *and* a PN that's not poli secret to not activate Mex.

#1513 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:06 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 18 November 2019 - 07:02 PM, said:

The first trade would be binding, the second I'd have to trust you for.

When has Twelve ever not been trustworthy and held to his side of a deal? Insisting on the trade-before-you-actually-do-it method makes it sound like you were never planning to glomp Mecatol in the first place :p

(not to mention what if Khell plays Leadership on his 2nd or later turn, so you make the immediate-binding deal on your first turn, get things from Twelve, and then take MR 2nd turn before he can use it anyway)

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1514 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:10 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 18 November 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

View PostD, on 18 November 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

Like, usually a race with warlike bonuses but poor logistics, such as the L1z1x, would have to do some actual work towards taking control of Mecatol Rex. They'd be trying to reach MR with enough forces to defend it, but that would leave their other planets exposed, so they'd either lose some planets as a sacrifice for the sake of gaining MR, or else they'd have to trade something to their neighbours to avoid that. And certainly the table would try to prevent them from also getting the Imperial strategy card when they do it.

This game though? "Oh Jazz, you can have Tar'mann for a couple rounds in exchange for nothing" "Oh Jazz, you can leave your resource planets completely undefended all game, I'll do nothing" "Oh Jazz, don't worry, I'll stop the 1VP player across the table from doing anything to you just out of the kindness of my heart while you send those 3 SuperDreadnoughts to MR" "Oh Jazz, you want Imperial this round for the MR points? Sure, and tell you what I'll make you Speaker next round for no reason so you can have first pick of Imperial again, too!"

Truly this is the Trump timeline of Twilight Imperium games

I am similarly astonished.

Yeah, I dont get what’s going on at all.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1515 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:10 PM

View PostD, on 18 November 2019 - 07:06 PM, said:

When has Twelve ever not been trustworthy and held to his side of a deal? Insisting on the trade-before-you-actually-do-it method makes it sound like you were never planning to glomp Mecatol in the first place :p

(not to mention what if Khell plays Leadership on his 2nd or later turn, so you make the immediate-binding deal on your first turn, get things from Twelve, and then take MR 2nd turn before he can use it anyway)

I can point to a prime example
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1516 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:14 PM

twelve said:

1574102036[/url]' post='1389527']

Jazzarm said:

1574101317[/url]' post='1389526']

Jazzarm said:

Your latest status shows you at 3tg's currently, is that not correct?
Are you willing to offer one of the PN's I asked for in addition to 3tg, or no? I don't wanna hold up the game too long if my asking price is too high for you and there's no deal to be made.
If you're actually at 0tg, I'd take your TA to not activate Mex first action, and your Cease or Stymie on your first turn. The first trade would be binding, the second I'd have to trust you for. If you have 3tg then I'd like those *and* a PN that's not poli secret to not activate Mex.

If we come to a deal my first action will be to use imperial which has me spending 2 of the 3 trade goods on hand. I have no idea when trade will be played and I dont want to spend an arm and a leg to get to use imperial but not be able to score an objective at the same time. So I'm willing to give you my trade pn and ceasefire for the right to score imperial and gain the influence of rex. I know we can only trade 1 pn at a time so on your turn if you dont activate the rex system I'll trade you whichever pn you want first then on my turn I'll trade you the other one. That is the deal.

#1517 User is offline   Jazzarm 

• Captain

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:16 PM

D said:

1574103968[/url]' post='1389529']

Jazzarm said:

1574103729[/url]' post='1389528']

It's because you can only trade 1 pn per player per turn. Honestly, your wild assumptions are getting a bit tiresome. I'm just trying to have a - preferably binding - deal in place before I commit my move.
It's true a leadership stall could jeopardize the 2ct's part of this Mecatol deal. But the imperial point would be all but guaranteed, and that's the more valuable thing he's getting out of this.

#1518 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:17 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 18 November 2019 - 07:10 PM, said:

View PostD, on 18 November 2019 - 07:06 PM, said:

I can point to a prime example

This time has an asterisk. I dont break the deal you win. All others I follow through with.

#1519 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:18 PM

Fine, fine. Twelve, give the man what he wants and let's get this show on the road already.

#1520 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:19 PM

View PostJazzarm, on 18 November 2019 - 07:16 PM, said:

D said:

1574103968[/url]' post='1389529']

Jazzarm said:

1574103729[/url]' post='1389528']

It's because you can only trade 1 pn per player per turn. Honestly, your wild assumptions are getting a bit tiresome. I'm just trying to have a - preferably binding - deal in place before I commit my move.
It's true a leadership stall could jeopardize the 2ct's part of this Mecatol deal. But the imperial point would be all but guaranteed, and that's the more valuable thing he's getting out of this.

And you are right I could get shafted by Khell but if I can score the points and lose the influence I would consider that acceptable to my risk tolerance.

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

8 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users