• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:51 AM

View PostRikkter, on 20 August 2019 - 02:22 AM, said:

View PostVenesara, on 20 August 2019 - 02:07 AM, said:

View PostRikkter, on 20 August 2019 - 01:59 AM, said:

View PostVenesara, on 20 August 2019 - 01:56 AM, said:

OK I am around till timeout now.

Are you drinking? It can only get worse from here my friend.

Oh yes, of course. That's a given.

So what are your thoughts on the reveal and things?

I absolutely think scum would pull a fake reveal like this, BUT... It doesn't mean it happened but with no counter reveal...I think he's well-played roled town for now (if he is). It was smart to lay low early on, and if he really got lucky with that heal, I would probably reveal too the next day. It also gave us an explanation of no NK. It fits a lot of puzzle pieces together.

Also, where's Gait again? He hasn't been around since the clock unfroze. I realize I wasn't around either but ....I am now. Like 1 hour till timeout, is that right?

#282 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:24 AM

View PostVenesara, on 20 August 2019 - 02:51 AM, said:

I absolutely think scum would pull a fake reveal like this, BUT... It doesn't mean it happened but with no counter reveal...I think he's well-played roled town for now (if he is). It was smart to lay low early on, and if he really got lucky with that heal, I would probably reveal too the next day. It also gave us an explanation of no NK. It fits a lot of puzzle pieces together.

Also, where's Gait again? He hasn't been around since the clock unfroze. I realize I wasn't around either but ....I am now. Like 1 hour till timeout, is that right?

Sooo if we accept the reveal which I don’t yet. Who do you think is scum with reasons. I’m asking because since you have been PID by Prazec, we can assume you would also be on the kill list.

#283 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:26 AM

View PostGait, on 20 August 2019 - 02:48 AM, said:

View PostRikkter, on 20 August 2019 - 02:13 AM, said:

If he were roled town I don't think Mess would have given up so easy. So more likely a symp. I need to reread day 1 and 2 to see if he tried any signaling.

A symp is super unlikely mathematically; town could lose as early as the second lynch, that would be pretty crazy.

Agreed, but so is a healer, although it is one of the more useless roles in most games.

#284 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:38 AM

View PostRikkter, on 20 August 2019 - 03:24 AM, said:

Sooo if we accept the reveal which I don’t yet. Who do you think is scum with reasons. I’m asking because since you have been PID by Prazec, we can assume you would also be on the kill list.

Did you miss that Gait just posted?

#285 User is offline   Venesara 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:45 AM

View PostPrazec Goul, on 14 August 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

After reading up I think Rikkter would be a good vote. I've got good vibes from Ven, Sheltatha, Gait and Barghast for different reasons. I'll explain further tomorrow. Bad vibes from Kilava, Rikkter, Galayn Lord and Gamelon.

Okay to expand on that, I don't like Kilavas defense of Rikkter at all but maybe they've muddied things on purpose. All this arguing on thread back and forth yet, even though present, it feels like Gamelon and Galayn Lord didn't join in. Killers letting us argue amongst ourselves?

Like I said I'll read up and try to expand my thoughts further tomorrow.

There is the quote I was looking for. We all hated on this post originally but if reveal is true then something is going on. In particular I agree about Gamelon remaining distant; he also uses it later to accuse PG of being a killer in his sarcastic tone.

going to jump ahead --

View PostGamelon, on 19 August 2019 - 04:40 PM, said:

And to just add a bit on Sheltatha, as that already seems to be the way the thread is going: I don't know. They could very easily turn out to be scum, and I wouldn't be surprised, but I don't know if there's one thing I could currently point to as definitive in the way that Prazec seems convinced. That's my hot take for now.

View PostGamelon, on 19 August 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

Imagine if Gait was lynched before showing up and then turned out to be a killer. How amazing would that have looked for Rikkter? Enough to allow them to coast through the rest of the game?
Edit: Added question mark

View PostRikkter, on 19 August 2019 - 11:50 PM, said:

View PostGamelon, on 19 August 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

Imagine if Gait was lynched before showing up and then turned out to be a killer. How amazing would that have looked for Rikkter? Enough to allow them to coast through the rest of the game?
Edit: Added question mark

Even I am not that brilliant dude. My reasoning was always better a lynch than a modkill, which I gave up on once PS told us he had subs in the wings.

Wow this reads like killers just stroking dicks on thread.

After the suspicion of Rikkter is remembered, Gamelon brushes it off and gives him a pat on the back. We all know you get a free pass if you escape a D1 lynch like this. But you're keeping it in our heads - we tried before and failed, not again!!

Killer 1: Hey, remember how we've been distancing and saying killers would distance?

Killer 2: Yeah yeah.

Killer 1: OK now...let's do the opposite!

But this post is kind of a big deal for me. I see Gamelon/Rikkter - Rikkter dominates thread on d1 while everything stalls.... Gamelon stays distant on d1, drive-by vote - the only thing he stops to do is defend Rikkter.

View PostGamelon, on 15 August 2019 - 09:09 AM, said:

The sarcasm holds a serious and valid point, which you interestingly totally skip over and latch only on to the bit about Gait. Noted, thanks Venesara.

As for the Rikkter case, it feels like all of you (including Rikkter) are blowing it out of proportion. I’ve read over it and I just don’t see why you are getting so excited.

No vote and an empty but good looking defense of Rikkter...

For now I will

Vote Gamelon

Largely because of the above, but Gam's voting has been seriously off too.

I would vote Rikkter but he is polarizing and I don't know if we have the votes (or I'd switch). I voted Gam because he is slowly but surely trying to steer us away from voting Rikkter. Rikkter has calmed down considerably and that might be enough to escape the lynch.

Also Gamelon is just clearly scum.

#286 User is offline   Venesara 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:46 AM

View PostRikkter, on 20 August 2019 - 03:38 AM, said:

View PostRikkter, on 20 August 2019 - 03:24 AM, said:

Did you miss that Gait just posted?

It's called cross-posting my man. If anything, the fact that he posted within 3 minutes of me finishing my post is an incredible random event.

#287 User is offline   Venesara 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:48 AM

Also I think I fucked up my time estimate by like 12 hours. ...yeahhh. ... Friends don't let friends play Mafia sober.

#288 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:49 AM

Hanging out with my brother :). It's super late but to briefly give my impressions of the thread:

Gamelon has arrived and thrown a bunch of speculation around that doesn't hold up to scrutiny well. It just seems like he's stretching to say something while he has nothing to say about the main action of the thread.

Barghast continues to prefer Kilava wihch isn't surprising anyone. In line with Sheltatha's points, this could be a nice safe position for a killer to look good since the train hasn't picked up momentum. At the same time, I've definitely fixated onto one person from the start before - and some of Kilava's posts do read weirdly, like he's commenting on the main topics being raised but in a way somehow disconnected from how I read the thread if that makes sense (I'm not concretely certain what he's referring to with the Barg/Shel/Gam triangle, for example).

I think Rikkter's distrust of the reveal is fair enough in itself. The timing is always the tricky issue with this kind of thing. My initial reaction was in line with Barg's point that it would be a ballsy position for scum to take. But thinking about it more, I'm not so sure it would be, since if Rikkter is a killer he has more information than us about what might be coming up. Statements like "if he is the healer, he's likely dead anyways" always get my attention.

#289 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:37 AM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 19 August 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

It is Day 3. 24 hours remaining
8 Players still alive: Barghast, Gait, Gamelon, Kilava, Prazec Goul, Rikkter, Sheltatha Lore, Venesara

5 votes to lynch, 4 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Barghast ( Sheltatha Lore )
2 Votes for Sheltatha Lore ( Prazec Goul, Gait )

Players not voted: Barghast, Gamelon, Kilava, Rikkter, Venesara

The clock has been unfrozen

9 hours left in the day.

This post has been edited by Prazec Goul: 20 August 2019 - 07:37 AM

#290 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:42 AM

View PostGamelon, on 19 August 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

Addendum: And yes, Rikkter votes for Gait first on day 1 (a vote which I followed), in order to 'summon' Gait. Lo and behold, Gait then appears. Did Rikkter perhaps know already that he would? Dun dun dun.

I said this in my read up, voting the non poster knowing he will arrive is a good way to distance from your partner BUT it also draws a lot of attention your way and if that Liverpool game didn't go into extra time it would have gotten him lynched. I would have jumped on at that point. I think you said you were watching it too, so that'd have been 2 votes.

#291 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:48 AM

View PostKilava, on 19 August 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

Having reread the thread, I do find Sheltathas arguments against barghast interesting, aswell as barghast's case against Sheltatha - if this isn't a classic case of distancing then I don't know what is. I think the most telling part is that Barghast once again doesn't vote. The whole triangle of Gamelon - barghast - Sheltatha which is partly very confusing to me probably can't be untangled without a lynch on someone of them. I don't necessarily think that Barghast is Sheltatha's partner, but someone of them might be making a fake connection to throw us off. Honestly I'd be okay with lynching either of those three, just to untangle this mess.
However I get the feeling that Barghast's admission of fucking up seems sincere, but I could be wrong obviously. I'm leaning towards a Sheltatha vote, but I would like to know if Gamelon and Barghast has another option in mind, since they clearly aren't on board right now.

The way Barghast and Sheltatha are acting and posting has me believing at least one of them is scum. If not partners then the link up has been done by one of them. Gamelon coming on and pointing towards Rikkter and Gait screams possible partner, but that would mean that I put him with Barghast instead of Sheltatha.

Why is he (Gamelon) analysing the thread from a peculiar perspective? What I mean by this is that even now no one can be certain I am the healer, certainly on day 2 when I didn't reveal anything, so people that had suspicions about me could be either town or scum. Scum don't care as long as it isn't them and town need to point out unusual play but Gamelon is trying to use people who were suspicious of me as possible reason for being scummy. I don't get that? Am I missing his logic?

#292 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:50 AM

View PostPrazec Goul, on 20 August 2019 - 07:42 AM, said:

View PostGamelon, on 19 August 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

Addendum: And yes, Rikkter votes for Gait first on day 1 (a vote which I followed), in order to 'summon' Gait. Lo and behold, Gait then appears. Did Rikkter perhaps know already that he would? Dun dun dun.

I said this in my read up, voting the non poster knowing he will arrive is a good way to distance from your partner BUT it also draws a lot of attention your way and if that Liverpool game didn't go into extra time it would have gotten him lynched. I would have jumped on at that point. I think you said you were watching it too, so that'd have been 2 votes.

Nah, I wasn't around at all and missed the timeout. As I said, that 4th vote cam with 10 minutes left, and even if you had jumped on that still wouldn't have been a lynch.

#293 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:52 AM

View PostPrazec Goul, on 20 August 2019 - 07:48 AM, said:

Having reread the thread, I do find Sheltathas arguments against barghast interesting, aswell as barghast's case against Sheltatha - if this isn't a classic case of distancing then I don't know what is. I think the most telling part is that Barghast once again doesn't vote. The whole triangle of Gamelon - barghast - Sheltatha which is partly very confusing to me probably can't be untangled without a lynch on someone of them. I don't necessarily think that Barghast is Sheltatha's partner, but someone of them might be making a fake connection to throw us off. Honestly I'd be okay with lynching either of those three, just to untangle this mess.
However I get the feeling that Barghast's admission of fucking up seems sincere, but I could be wrong obviously. I'm leaning towards a Sheltatha vote, but I would like to know if Gamelon and Barghast has another option in mind, since they clearly aren't on board right now.

The way Barghast and Sheltatha are acting and posting has me believing at least one of them is scum. If not partners then the link up has been done by one of them. Gamelon coming on and pointing towards Rikkter and Gait screams possible partner, but that would mean that I put him with Barghast instead of Sheltatha.

Why is he (Gamelon) analysing the thread from a peculiar perspective? What I mean by this is that even now no one can be certain I am the healer, certainly on day 2 when I didn't reveal anything, so people that had suspicions about me could be either town or scum. Scum don't care as long as it isn't them and town need to point out unusual play but Gamelon is trying to use people who were suspicious of me as possible reason for being scummy. I don't get that? Am I missing his logic?

The logic is that I was the next loudest voice for suspicion on someone after all you lot on Galayn Lord. Scum need someone to go after when GL turns up town, so on day 2 they might have begun laying the groundwork to 'coming round to my way of thinking' on day 3.

#294 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:53 AM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 19 August 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

It sounds like I am the prime lynch candidate today, which is fine. I just want you all to look back at my case more closely after you finish deflating from the latest boner.

I mainly want to remind you all that good scum, which is a safe bet with this crowd, often looks exactly like town. They are the feel good contributors that stroke your ego, gently lead, and seem very thoughtful and perceptive. They are perceptive because they hold almost all the cards and they are townish because that is their primary objective. The scummiest are awkward townies or roled townies typically.

I look at the best "town" and I see Venessara and Barghast. I am pretty confident Barg will be scum, especially after watching his/her interactions including self deprecation and stroking of egos. I will respond more precisely to comments in the thread later if I have time and access to a desktop, but I can assure you looking for obvious signs of scum will be your downfall this game.

If Venesara was scum then do you think they withheld their kill on that night? They couldn't know we had a role, and what role that may be.

#295 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:55 AM

View PostGamelon, on 20 August 2019 - 07:52 AM, said:

View PostPrazec Goul, on 20 August 2019 - 07:48 AM, said:

The logic is that I was the next loudest voice for suspicion on someone after all you lot on Galayn Lord. Scum need someone to go after when GL turns up town, so on day 2 they might have begun laying the groundwork to 'coming round to my way of thinking' on day 3.

Okay which is a good point but they also need to stay clear of the spotlight so just voting for the most obvious choice and creating your own the next day is exactly what Sheltatha has done.

#296 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:55 AM

Anyway, I'm off on a week's holiday now, so I won't have much time for posting any longer, and almost certainly not for making cases. I like the way Rikkter has voted for PG, not so much because I believe that's the way to go, but because that's sticking their neck out in a way that scum don't usually do - unless of course he's partnered with Prazec, in which case great double bluff :p

#297 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:58 AM

So if I'm ruling out PG, Ven, Rikkter out for now, then Gait, Barghast, Kilava, Sheltatha have two killers among them. I admit that Kilava has entirely passed me by, I cannot remember a single thing about them other than...Barghast(?) had a hard on for them, or vice versa. I don't get scum vibes from Sheltatha.

#298 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:01 AM

View PostRikkter, on 19 August 2019 - 11:43 PM, said:

ok this isn't popular by reading the other posts following the "reveal". But I am honestly not buying it. There was no reason to reveal healer this early in the game. True, we had no nk, but that could have been forgetting to put in a kill since we lynched early.

This is mafia folks, and the only way we can test this is by lynching prazec. IF he cf's as a healer, then we can take all of the crap he has shit as gospel. If he is the healer, he's likely dead anyways. But my gut goes back to the op which states that there are two killers and just an RI pm.

Prazec has not played the type of cool game that I would expect from someone roled. On the contrary, he has stuck his neck out with a lot of opinions prior to his reveal.

vote Prazec

I have to think you are town after this post, first to put your neck out and go against the grain most of the way through. This certainly would cut out the wifom. Maybe wait to see if I am successful again? They won't know who I am healing, so I am a risk to them.

#299 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:03 AM

View PostKilava, on 20 August 2019 - 12:22 AM, said:

View PostBarghast, on 19 August 2019 - 11:46 PM, said:

Kilava can barely string together three sentences without going back to me, but not once have they voted to lynch me. My theory is that they are scum and seeing I've had a hard on for them since D1, they know if they start a train against me, I will flip town and that will bring heat on them. So instead they are constantly trying to tie me with people others have mentioned as suspects or voted against.

I think I've been pretty clear why I haven't chosen to vote for you as of yet. If you wish to vote for me, go ahead, I can't stop you. I said before that I want to know what you and Gamelon had in mind instead of Sheltatha, but I can't really consider myself as a good choice here. That leaves a vote for you or Sheltatha or Gamelon, which is who I've been leaning towards for a while now. I think that the only way we can untangle the situation is to lynch one of you. If you have another choice other than myself, I'm happy to hear you out, but you seem to want to manipulate me into voting for you, for some reason. Why is that? You really that much against Sheltatha getting lynched? It would answer a lot of questions, and your constant obsession is suspicious to me.

To make sure that you understand that I mean what I'm saying, I'm gonna vote for you, but I'm okay with changing my vote to Sheltatha if that's where we're going today. As I've said before, I'm okay voting for either of you, and Gamelon aswell, just to get some answers.

vote Barghast

Are these two distancing all this time? Kilava votes for Barghast but also says, 'don't worry guys, I'm very happy to switch to Sheltatha'. Doesn't really look like a very sincere vote.

#300 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:05 AM

So my vote will be going on one of Gait, Kilava, Barghast, but I'm going to think on which while at the airport.

Share this topic:

• 34 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users