• You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 149.5 Pete & Motatoes Game Thread

#261 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:03 AM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 19 August 2019 - 11:54 PM, said:

View PostBarghast, on 16 August 2019 - 07:12 AM, said:

Interesting. Scum messing up or we have a healer?

If the former, then that's good look for Gait and Rikkter - I doubt scum would push for a lynch without a kill order submitted. Bad look for me (yikes) and Prazec for trying to stall the lynch until timeout. And Prazec being the first one to point out Galayn as scummy and then not voting for them sure looks fishy.

But then, that's all highly speculative.

Oh and obviously Kilava looks scummy but I feel like I said that before.

EDIT
Typo.

This was what I originally tried to post [Bold and underlined for emphasis]. In response to:

Now, moving on to where Shel misses by a mile:<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">Posted ImageSheltatha Lore, on 17 August 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

Barghast latter votes Kilava, and does not vote on the GL lynch train, claiming to wait till closer to time out.

Day 3: Barghast is the FIRST to speculate on roled town and nip-in-the-bud any speculation that his/her delayed vote for GL was scummy.
<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);"><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">In what world is that scummy? When I was going to sleep, Galayn was at L-2 and we had like 10 or 11 hours until timeout. I said it straight that even though I'm leaning Kilava (not Rikkter :p ), I think we have to lynch Galayn because we cannot afford to go into late-game with the baggage of their self-vote. Too much doubt. But I was in no rush, which I also said explicitly. Why end the day quickly if someone still might bring new information or an interesting case to the table? And around the scheduled timeout we did have three people on thread: me, Prazec, and Gait. And we even discussed why Gait and Rikkter rushed the lynch.

I knew I would be asleep at timeout. GL had to go, and if some people hmmmd and hawd about it, we would still be talking about why we let him live.

#262 User is offline   Barghast 

• Fist

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:14 AM

I need to go to bed so my post on Gamelon will be short. D1 they are very quick to follow Rikkter and vote on Gait. It's a drive by and Gamelon coasts through the day without appearing on thread again.

D2 Prazec calls them out on this and Gamelon goes ballistic on Prazec. Kilava and Venesara press them on this a bit and what Gam says is:

View PostGamelon, on 15 August 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

View PostKilava, on 15 August 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

People have been pointing out that some haven't been engaging or saying much in their posts, which I think is a fair point. There's also a point to be made that scum is less likely to willfully ruffle any feathers as not to draw any attention. Or they could simply be playing carefully. This the second day, nothing jumps out at me too much as of yet, albeit some interesting pushes going on. I'd like to hear more arguments from people.
As for myself, I'm still leaning towards Sheltatha for previous reasons as they still stand, although I would like GL and Gamelon actually try to contribute something and not just rush in with their hitherto seemingly randomness. For instance Gamelon's vote for Prazec came off very random, as Prazec barely has said anything.

When you know, you know. You know? Why belabour the point when I’ve already made it? I believe PG is scum. If you don’t, so be it. But I think others have now said that they also didn’t like the way PG just came on and pointed lots of fingers, so it’s not like a lone crazy man shouting into the wind.

You think it’s random because it’s not part of the Kilava Rikkter Barghast Sheltatha blah blah blah. Well, sorry about it, but as soon as I see something which I consider outright scummy from there I’ll let you know. At the moment I see it from PG.

Edit: Added Barghast Sheltatha.

When you know, you know is pretty weak case for someone who is deadass sure they nailed scum. Gamelon is certain they found a killer but won't even go through the effort of trying to convince other people? Pretty detrimental to town, isn't it?

Later on in D2 Gamelon adds a brief explanation but it all reads more like being mad that Prazec started pressing them than a serious case.

Early in D3, Gamelon backs off Prazec after they revealed healer. What's interesting is they promise to focus on the Galayn train:

View PostGamelon, on 16 August 2019 - 11:40 AM, said:

GL not scum in shock twist :p

So PG claims healer, I knew it this whole time. Funny how roled town often plays in a scum-like way to avoid being targeted by scum. Ok, I’ll go along with it while there’s no counterclaims or whatever.

I agree on the Sheltatha point.

And I do think it’s reasonable to suspect one scum on one scum off the train. I’ll take a look at that train’s development at some point, though initially I would say that’s GL’a self-Vote unfortunately somewhat muddies it straight off.

Gamelon is back on thread today but doesn't actually do much of a train analysis. Focuses much more on people who potentially could have targeted Prazec - reads like they are trying to cover the tracks after voting a revealed healer. All of this is mostly non-commital finger pointing at Gait, Rikkter, and Sheltatha.

All in all, I see Gam as suspicious but I wouldn't say as scummy as Kilava.

I'm gonna take a shower now and come back to vote before bedtime. Torn between Kilava and Sheltatha at the moment. Kilava is steadily the scummiest person on thread, but I can't deny the logic of scum being on Galayn train, and Sheltatha sounds like the most likely person there to be a killer.

@Rikkter: you do realize that my Would an actual killer be this blatant? was about you? :D

#263 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:19 AM

Are you actually going to vote this time Barg?

#264 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:22 AM

View PostBarghast, on 19 August 2019 - 11:46 PM, said:

Kilava can barely string together three sentences without going back to me, but not once have they voted to lynch me. My theory is that they are scum and seeing I've had a hard on for them since D1, they know if they start a train against me, I will flip town and that will bring heat on them. So instead they are constantly trying to tie me with people others have mentioned as suspects or voted against.

I think I've been pretty clear why I haven't chosen to vote for you as of yet. If you wish to vote for me, go ahead, I can't stop you. I said before that I want to know what you and Gamelon had in mind instead of Sheltatha, but I can't really consider myself as a good choice here. That leaves a vote for you or Sheltatha or Gamelon, which is who I've been leaning towards for a while now. I think that the only way we can untangle the situation is to lynch one of you. If you have another choice other than myself, I'm happy to hear you out, but you seem to want to manipulate me into voting for you, for some reason. Why is that? You really that much against Sheltatha getting lynched? It would answer a lot of questions, and your constant obsession is suspicious to me.

To make sure that you understand that I mean what I'm saying, I'm gonna vote for you, but I'm okay with changing my vote to Sheltatha if that's where we're going today. As I've said before, I'm okay voting for either of you, and Gamelon aswell, just to get some answers.

vote Barghast

#265 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:23 AM

View PostSheltatha Lore, on 20 August 2019 - 12:19 AM, said:

Doesn't seem he is.

#266 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:32 AM

View PostRikkter, on 19 August 2019 - 11:43 PM, said:

ok this isn't popular by reading the other posts following the "reveal". But I am honestly not buying it. There was no reason to reveal healer this early in the game. True, we had no nk, but that could have been forgetting to put in a kill since we lynched early.

This is mafia folks, and the only way we can test this is by lynching prazec. IF he cf's as a healer, then we can take all of the crap he has shit as gospel. If he is the healer, he's likely dead anyways. But my gut goes back to the op which states that there are two killers and just an RI pm.

Prazec has not played the type of cool game that I would expect from someone roled. On the contrary, he has stuck his neck out with a lot of opinions prior to his reveal.

vote Prazec

I'm really interested to hear what response Prazec has about this, it's an interesting take on it.

#267 User is offline   Barghast 

• Fist

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:36 AM

@Rikkter: Prazec was on thread when Galayn was at L-2. LG was lynched 2 hours later. Do you think it's more likely that Prazec is a healer or that they are a killer who forgot to submit a kill order and then decided to fake-reveal and fake-PI the least active player in the game, Venesara?

I said I was taking a shower. Every time I committed on thread to being around at a specific time, I was. So do me a favor and make an effort of reading a post before you reply. Generally makes the game more fun. Try it.

Vote Sheltatha

#268 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:41 AM

Hit a nerve huh? :p

#269 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:43 AM

ok I have hit the drink... give me a moment

#270 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:46 AM

View PostBarghast, on 20 August 2019 - 12:14 AM, said:

I need to go to bed so my post on Gamelon will be short. D1 they are very quick to follow Rikkter and vote on Gait. It's a drive by and Gamelon coasts through the day without appearing on thread again.

D2 Prazec calls them out on this and Gamelon goes ballistic on Prazec. Kilava and Venesara press them on this a bit and what Gam says is:

View PostGamelon, on 15 August 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

View PostKilava, on 15 August 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

People have been pointing out that some haven't been engaging or saying much in their posts, which I think is a fair point. There's also a point to be made that scum is less likely to willfully ruffle any feathers as not to draw any attention. Or they could simply be playing carefully. This the second day, nothing jumps out at me too much as of yet, albeit some interesting pushes going on. I'd like to hear more arguments from people.
As for myself, I'm still leaning towards Sheltatha for previous reasons as they still stand, although I would like GL and Gamelon actually try to contribute something and not just rush in with their hitherto seemingly randomness. For instance Gamelon's vote for Prazec came off very random, as Prazec barely has said anything.

When you know, you know. You know? Why belabour the point when I’ve already made it? I believe PG is scum. If you don’t, so be it. But I think others have now said that they also didn’t like the way PG just came on and pointed lots of fingers, so it’s not like a lone crazy man shouting into the wind.

You think it’s random because it’s not part of the Kilava Rikkter Barghast Sheltatha blah blah blah. Well, sorry about it, but as soon as I see something which I consider outright scummy from there I’ll let you know. At the moment I see it from PG.

Edit: Added Barghast Sheltatha.

When you know, you know is pretty weak case for someone who is deadass sure they nailed scum. Gamelon is certain they found a killer but won't even go through the effort of trying to convince other people? Pretty detrimental to town, isn't it?

Later on in D2 Gamelon adds a brief explanation but it all reads more like being mad that Prazec started pressing them than a serious case.

Early in D3, Gamelon backs off Prazec after they revealed healer. What's interesting is they promise to focus on the Galayn train:

View PostGamelon, on 16 August 2019 - 11:40 AM, said:

GL not scum in shock twist :p

So PG claims healer, I knew it this whole time. Funny how roled town often plays in a scum-like way to avoid being targeted by scum. Ok, I’ll go along with it while there’s no counterclaims or whatever.

I agree on the Sheltatha point.

And I do think it’s reasonable to suspect one scum on one scum off the train. I’ll take a look at that train’s development at some point, though initially I would say that’s GL’a self-Vote unfortunately somewhat muddies it straight off.

Gamelon is back on thread today but doesn't actually do much of a train analysis. Focuses much more on people who potentially could have targeted Prazec - reads like they are trying to cover the tracks after voting a revealed healer. All of this is mostly non-commital finger pointing at Gait, Rikkter, and Sheltatha.

All in all, I see Gam as suspicious but I wouldn't say as scummy as Kilava.

I'm gonna take a shower now and come back to vote before bedtime. Torn between Kilava and Sheltatha at the moment. Kilava is steadily the scummiest person on thread, but I can't deny the logic of scum being on Galayn train, and Sheltatha sounds like the most likely person there to be a killer.

@Rikkter: you do realize that my Would an actual killer be this blatant? was about you? :D

@Barg *smooch*

#271 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:49 AM

View PostBarghast, on 20 August 2019 - 12:36 AM, said:

@Rikkter: Prazec was on thread when Galayn was at L-2. LG was lynched 2 hours later. Do you think it's more likely that Prazec is a healer or that they are a killer who forgot to submit a kill order and then decided to fake-reveal and fake-PI the least active player in the game, Venesara?

I said I was taking a shower. Every time I committed on thread to being around at a specific time, I was. So do me a favor and make an effort of reading a post before you reply. Generally makes the game more fun. Try it.

Vote Sheltatha

I think it is more likely that the killers decided no kill and a fake reveal. God knows I've done it a time or two.

But if I am wrong, and he CF's a healer, then we can take his opinions on game as gospel. If he is a healer he's likely screwed tonight.

#272 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:26 AM

I am disappointed in all of you. There was a time that I could be buzzed on a monday and at least one of you bastards would be hear with me.

Shame!

It IS Monday right?

#273 User is offline   Venesara 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:56 AM

OK I am around till timeout now.

#274 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:59 AM

View PostVenesara, on 20 August 2019 - 01:56 AM, said:

Are you drinking? It can only get worse from here my friend.

#275 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:04 AM

I love Shakira. Hips don’t lie.

#276 User is offline   Venesara 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:06 AM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 13 August 2019 - 12:49 AM, said:

Motato? Is that supposed to be a tomato? Or a potato? Who the fuck knows?

Oh right, Pete knows. But who the fuck cares?

You do. But when you don't even know what you're yourself, how can you tell who the fuck is Peat?

It is Day 1. The clock has been frozen with 36 Hours and 00 Minutes remaining.

The opening is weird. There is no more RP since this. Didn't GP claim to have "tomato" instead of the RI "motato"? This would have to be really clever now to pull a no-kill fake reveal and support it by claiming "tomato" - I can see this wording from P-S as a clue to roled town, but it's a stretch. At the same time GP didn't make a big deal out of it, meaning if he wasn't paying attention to the opening, it's probably from his PM.

Then Pete/Peat. Names of the killers? I have nothing on this. The only reason I think this is even worth mentioning is GP's reveal.

#277 User is offline   Venesara 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:07 AM

View PostRikkter, on 20 August 2019 - 01:59 AM, said:

Oh yes, of course. That's a given.

#278 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:13 AM

View PostVenesara, on 20 August 2019 - 02:06 AM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 13 August 2019 - 12:49 AM, said:

Motato? Is that supposed to be a tomato? Or a potato? Who the fuck knows?

Oh right, Pete knows. But who the fuck cares?

You do. But when you don't even know what you're yourself, how can you tell who the fuck is Peat?

It is Day 1. The clock has been frozen with 36 Hours and 00 Minutes remaining.

The opening is weird. There is no more RP since this. Didn't GP claim to have "tomato" instead of the RI "motato"? This would have to be really clever now to pull a no-kill fake reveal and support it by claiming "tomato" - I can see this wording from P-S as a clue to roled town, but it's a stretch. At the same time GP didn't make a big deal out of it, meaning if he wasn't paying attention to the opening, it's probably from his PM.

Then Pete/Peat. Names of the killers? I have nothing on this. The only reason I think this is even worth mentioning is GP's reveal.

I took peat as a typo, but you may be on to something. Pete and Peat are the killers, but if GL was a tomato...

If he were roled town I don't think Mess would have given up so easy. So more likely a symp. I need to reread day 1 and 2 to see if he tried any signaling.

#279 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:22 AM

View PostVenesara, on 20 August 2019 - 02:07 AM, said:

View PostRikkter, on 20 August 2019 - 01:59 AM, said:

Oh yes, of course. That's a given.

So what are your thoughts on the reveal and things?

#280 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:48 AM

View PostRikkter, on 20 August 2019 - 02:13 AM, said:

If he were roled town I don't think Mess would have given up so easy. So more likely a symp. I need to reread day 1 and 2 to see if he tried any signaling.

A symp is super unlikely mathematically; town could lose as early as the second lynch, that would be pretty crazy.

Share this topic:

• 34 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users