• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 149.5 Pete & Motatoes Game Thread

#241 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:06 PM

It is Day 3. 24 hours remaining
8 Players still alive: Barghast, Gait, Gamelon, Kilava, Prazec Goul, Rikkter, Sheltatha Lore, Venesara

5 votes to lynch, 4 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Barghast ( Sheltatha Lore )
2 Votes for Sheltatha Lore ( Prazec Goul, Gait )

Players not voted: Barghast, Gamelon, Kilava, Rikkter, Venesara

The clock has been unfrozen

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 19 August 2019 - 04:08 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#242 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:31 PM

Okay, I decided to read through Day 2 with a focus on looking to see who might have given credence to my accusation of Prazec as scum, perhaps with a view to starting momentum for a lynch after GL. Unfortunately, this did not pan out as much as I had hoped, because discussion of GL absolutely dominated (for reasons I still do not understand, that lynch never made much sense to me).
Anyways, going off on a tangent before getting to more serious stuff next, the initial thing that jumped out at me is that the first person to defend Prazec and be dismissive about my vote was...Venesara the Healed. Now if I was paranoid, I would say that was eeenteresting. But actually, perhaps this was the reason why Prazec chose to heal Venesara, although he didn't say as much when I asked.

View PostVenesara, on 15 August 2019 - 07:57 AM, said:

View PostGamelon, on 15 August 2019 - 12:38 AM, said:

View PostPrazec Goul, on 14 August 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

After reading up I think Rikkter would be a good vote. I've got good vibes from Ven, Sheltatha, Gait and Barghast for different reasons. I'll explain further tomorrow. Bad vibes from Kilava, Rikkter, Galayn Lord and Gamelon.

Okay to expand on that, I don't like Kilavas defense of Rikkter at all but maybe they've muddied things on purpose. All this arguing on thread back and forth yet, even though present, it feels like Gamelon and Galayn Lord didn't join in. Killers letting us argue amongst ourselves?

Like I said I'll read up and try to expand my thoughts further tomorrow.

Hmm, who else hasn't been around for the arguing back and forth, I feel like someone's missing from this list, can't quite put my finger on it, who could it be...

Wait, wait, it couldn't be Prazec himself could it? Surely he wouldn't label people who weren't around for the arguing as suspicious just on that when he himself also fits into that category? Would he? I mean, it would so audacious as to verge on the moronic!

I say Prazec is a killer. They expressed a happiness to vote for Gait before they came on (which I thought was reasonable at the time but some of you guys seem to think is a 'bad thing', so I'm putting it in here), they come on and 1) just echo an argument already made by others without adding anything further, and 2) highlight the lesser-posting players because they feel that's an easy non-confrontational target. Not to mention they've managed to pick out four players out of nine - eight not including themselves. Don't stick your neck out so much Prazec!

Vote Prazec Goul

For hypocritical reasoning, which as we all know is a scum trait. But for reals, this here is a killer y'all.

Wow, this post is terrible. Did you say anything? All I see is a vote. Jolly sarcasm is not convincing. You say PG is a killer because they voted Gait - which you still think is reasonable (!?) - but you're gonna use the reasons "some of you guys" have to drop a vote? What the fuck. Gotta look at this later.

Okay, on to the stuff I actually set out to search for:
The first person to voice some agreement with me on Prazec is Rikkter

View PostRikkter, on 15 August 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

Ok, I just got caught up and reread that last hour before the failed lynch.

One thing that strikes me as odd is that Barghast and Gait made a big push for me as lynch du jour immediately after I said I would be unavailable. There were other options out there, but they went after the one that couldn't defend themselves.

Next is Prazec. I pretty much agree with what others have been saying here. He is conveniently too late to the party, and that post where he lists the people he trusts and the ones he doesn't is a bit over the top. This is day 1 on Mafia. How could you POSSIBLY have good feelings about anyone yet? After several days yes, but I for one don't trust anyone yet.

Last the talk on GL. Yeah, when strung together it does look like he's coasting. I'd like to see how he plays now that the real game is afoot.

My main focus at the moment is Barghast, Gait and Prazec. While I think it is likely that one killer would be in the 4 that voted me, I suspect that the other killer either voted somewhere else or didn't vote at all. My gut is telling me that this looks like Prazec.

It also stood out to me that for all the mentions of Barghast's posting being sensible by just about everyone other than Sheltatha, they sure have been off on quite a few things. As in the post below, about Prazec, Galayn Lord, and me (though you can't know that last for sure as yet, I suppose you'll just have to trust me on it ;) ). Yep, that Galayn 'case' sure looked super "solid."

View PostBarghast, on 15 August 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

D2:

Ugh, Prazec's stream of consciousness puts me on the fence. He throws out a lot of shit to see what sticks. That looks way off to me because I like to do when I'm scum :D But then it's hard to really put a finger on any misstep there. Prazec was first to point out Galayn's coasting and they also got Gamelon to talk themselves into this mess:

View PostGamelon, on 15 August 2019 - 12:38 AM, said:

View PostPrazec Goul, on 14 August 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

After reading up I think Rikkter would be a good vote. I've got good vibes from Ven, Sheltatha, Gait and Barghast for different reasons. I'll explain further tomorrow. Bad vibes from Kilava, Rikkter, Galayn Lord and Gamelon.

Okay to expand on that, I don't like Kilavas defense of Rikkter at all but maybe they've muddied things on purpose. All this arguing on thread back and forth yet, even though present, it feels like Gamelon and Galayn Lord didn't join in. Killers letting us argue amongst ourselves?

Like I said I'll read up and try to expand my thoughts further tomorrow.

Hmm, who else hasn't been around for the arguing back and forth, I feel like someone's missing from this list, can't quite put my finger on it, who could it be...

Wait, wait, it couldn't be Prazec himself could it? Surely he wouldn't label people who weren't around for the arguing as suspicious just on that when he himself also fits into that category? Would he? I mean, it would so audacious as to verge on the moronic!

I say Prazec is a killer. They expressed a happiness to vote for Gait before they came on (which I thought was reasonable at the time but some of you guys seem to think is a 'bad thing', so I'm putting it in here), they come on and 1) just echo an argument already made by others without adding anything further, and 2) highlight the lesser-posting players because they feel that's an easy non-confrontational target. Not to mention they've managed to pick out four players out of nine - eight not including themselves. Don't stick your neck out so much Prazec!

Vote Prazec Goul

For hypocritical reasoning, which as we all know is a scum trait. But for reals, this here is a killer y'all.

Gamelon's D1 behavior was quite damning so getting this defensive about being called out on it looks scummy. And then we have more of the same:

View PostGamelon, on 15 August 2019 - 01:09 PM, said:

Obviously your post hit a nerve Prazec otherwise I wouldn't have voted for you. And I said exactly why that was already. And I don't see GL defending me in that post, so you keep doing you scumboy.

As for the Galayn case, most have been said and it's looking solid. They've been coasting and a claim there was nothing worth commenting on is straight up bullshit.

I'm currently considering Kilava, Gamelon, or Galayn for a vote. Not gonna do it yet because I don't want to put Galayn at L-2 and Kilava hasn't spoken today yet. But I'm around for a few more hours and planning to cast a vote before bedtime. I should also be around for the timeout.

Gait decides to latch on to my Prazec accusation once the GL lynch looks like it might have the potential to stall when GL votes for themselves.

View PostGait, on 15 August 2019 - 11:19 PM, said:

View PostGamelon, on 15 August 2019 - 10:48 PM, said:

If you want it in non-sarcastic speech - Prazec has been expressing favour for voting for whatever the de jour vote happens to be, but without actually doing much voting, instead waiting to see if the wind does indeed head in that direction.

I actually think that's quite an astute observation.

Prazec said earlier that Gamelon was his top pick for scum. Gamelon currently only has one vote. It's hardly like you'd be dropping the hammer by adding yours. If you're town, why not put a vote on to make your top pick a more feasible option for a lynch? Why wait to "see what's what"? What exactly are you waiting for?

And Rikkter again voices the suspicion of Prazec at the end of the day, essentially setting up for their planned direction on day 3 following GL's lynch (where it not for Prazec's reveal today).

View PostRikkter, on 16 August 2019 - 01:51 AM, said:

OK, I'm done. If not for GL, I probably would have wanted to pursue Prazec's dodginess. But, I will be asleep at timeout, and I think this lynch needs to happen.

vote Galayn Lord

So what do I get from any of that. Well, Gait and Rikkter I think. They seemed most like the ones continuing to want a GL lynch after their self vote and beginning to voice a direction for the following day's lynch. Yes, Gait did vote for Rikkter on day 1, but that was the 4th vote from 6 needed, with only about ten minutes remaining till end of day. A calculated gamble to distance?
Now I didn't mention Sheltatha at all in there. I was surprised by how little there was to actually mention. Aside from their Barghast vote today there's hardly anything of substance to latch on to.

Has day been unfrozen yet?

#243 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:32 PM

lol, I see it was unfrozen while I was typing out my post :p

#244 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:37 PM

Addendum: And yes, Rikkter votes for Gait first on day 1 (a vote which I followed), in order to 'summon' Gait. Lo and behold, Gait then appears. Did Rikkter perhaps know already that he would? Dun dun dun.

#245 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:40 PM

And to just add a bit on Sheltatha, as that already seems to be the way the thread is going: I don't know. They could very easily turn out to be scum, and I wouldn't be surprised, but I don't know if there's one thing I could currently point to as definitive in the way that Prazec seems convinced. That's my hot take for now.

#246 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:47 PM

Imagine if Gait was lynched before showing up and then turned out to be a killer. How amazing would that have looked for Rikkter? Enough to allow them to coast through the rest of the game?
Edit: Added question mark

This post has been edited by Gamelon: 19 August 2019 - 04:47 PM

#247 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:43 PM

Having reread the thread, I do find Sheltathas arguments against barghast interesting, aswell as barghast's case against Sheltatha - if this isn't a classic case of distancing then I don't know what is. I think the most telling part is that Barghast once again doesn't vote. The whole triangle of Gamelon - barghast - Sheltatha which is partly very confusing to me probably can't be untangled without a lynch on someone of them. I don't necessarily think that Barghast is Sheltatha's partner, but someone of them might be making a fake connection to throw us off. Honestly I'd be okay with lynching either of those three, just to untangle this mess.
However I get the feeling that Barghast's admission of fucking up seems sincere, but I could be wrong obviously. I'm leaning towards a Sheltatha vote, but I would like to know if Gamelon and Barghast has another option in mind, since they clearly aren't on board right now.

#248 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:08 PM

It sounds like I am the prime lynch candidate today, which is fine. I just want you all to look back at my case more closely after you finish deflating from the latest boner.

I mainly want to remind you all that good scum, which is a safe bet with this crowd, often looks exactly like town. They are the feel good contributors that stroke your ego, gently lead, and seem very thoughtful and perceptive. They are perceptive because they hold almost all the cards and they are townish because that is their primary objective. The scummiest are awkward townies or roled townies typically.

I look at the best "town" and I see Venessara and Barghast. I am pretty confident Barg will be scum, especially after watching his/her interactions including self deprecation and stroking of egos. I will respond more precisely to comments in the thread later if I have time and access to a desktop, but I can assure you looking for obvious signs of scum will be your downfall this game.

#249 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:49 PM

View PostRikkter, on 16 August 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

Now Prazec's reveal and the no nk are very interesting. The Op did not mention other roles. It clearly stated that there were 2 killers and gave the RI pm. If Prazec is a killer, he could be just as convinced that Ven is town as he would already know that Ven was not the other killer. Very convenient to claim healer then and PI himself for the rest of the game.

This is a strange way to phrase this, re Prazec being ‘convinced’ that Ven was town if he (Prazec) was a killer.

Edit: Ah I see PG has already pointed this out.

This post has been edited by Gamelon: 19 August 2019 - 06:53 PM

#250 User is offline   Barghast 

• Fist

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:29 PM

I'm here and reading. Starting from D1 so need a good moment.

Sidenote: there was unalted message here earlier that was deleted. Not a big deal but it hasn't been reposted in-alt so that gives me bad vibes.

#251 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:32 PM

That was me. I didn't repost as I lack a desktop at my fingers for most of today. I was responding to you actually. I will try to repost later

#252 User is offline   Venesara 

• Recruit

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:25 PM

Man. Difficult weekend. It'll be a few hours till I get my thoughts down.

I recall something interesting early on where Kilava and Shel had stopped talking in the middle of the argument as it continued. And then someone said, "Killers letting us argue among ourselves?" I only had a minute and couldn't find it, I think the context of that entire exchange is probably relevant. I'll find it soon....sigh.

#253 User is offline   Barghast 

• Fist

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:16 PM

There seems to have been a vague agreement before that there would have been scum on the Galayn train. That train was:
* Venesara - PI'd by Prazec
* Galayn - dead
* Gait
* Rikkter
* Sheltatha

So that leaves 3 viable candidates. Briefly going through them in order:

Gait seems to be getting a pass from most people so far. They are playing a solid game and the only time they really jumped at me as suspicious was when they put Galayn at L-1 way ahead of timeout. But on a re-read I realized they actually said before they would be re-applying that vote before they went to sleep. If they didn't put that vote back on, it would have perhaps been more suspicious. Gait looks fine to me but they have received very little scrutiny so far and this bugs me a little bit. I will try to find some time tomorrow to take a closer look, even if only to ease my own consciousness.

Rikkter seems to be getting some heat again after things calmed down a little following the D1 debacle, though the more I look into it, the less I feel it. It would a very ballsy way to play scum - throughout the game Rikkter keeps putting themselves in the center of attention in moments where that would be easily avoidable.
Rikkter was the first person to cast a serious vote. Then they went into a shouting match about why this vote made sense. Then the next day, when everyone was ready to move on, Rikkter comes back into the thread guns blazing and calling people fucktards.
And now after Prazec has revealed as Healer, Rikkter floats the idea of a fake-reveal with some weird-ass reasoning:

Now Prazec's reveal and the no nk are very interesting. The Op did not mention other roles. It clearly stated that there were 2 killers and gave the RI pm. If Prazec is a killer, he could be just as convinced that Ven is town as he would already know that Ven was not the other killer. Very convenient to claim healer then and PI himself for the rest of the game.

I don't think you could do many more incriminating things than try to start a case on a healer after they revealed. Would an actual killer be this blatant?

So from Galayn train that leaves us with Sheltatha, who seems to be the focus of the day. I actually don't have a good read on them - going back through the thread I see why. There really isn't much to read. It's D3 and the first time they contributed with an actual case. They started with dragonsex, then it was the pissing contest with Kilava where Shel did their best to appear obtuse, then a drive-by on Galayn and now finally they're here with an in-depth breakdown of my game.

If we're gonna pursue someone from the Galayn train, I'm definitely most comfortable with Sheltatha. I maintain their conversation with Kilava on D1 looked like distancing, and that I have a much stronger case on Kilava. Gamelon is bad vibes too so I will follow up shortly with a second post focused on these two.

#254 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:23 PM

back and reading up

#255 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:43 PM

ok this isn't popular by reading the other posts following the "reveal". But I am honestly not buying it. There was no reason to reveal healer this early in the game. True, we had no nk, but that could have been forgetting to put in a kill since we lynched early.

This is mafia folks, and the only way we can test this is by lynching prazec. IF he cf's as a healer, then we can take all of the crap he has shit as gospel. If he is the healer, he's likely dead anyways. But my gut goes back to the op which states that there are two killers and just an RI pm.

Prazec has not played the type of cool game that I would expect from someone roled. On the contrary, he has stuck his neck out with a lot of opinions prior to his reveal.

vote Prazec

#256 User is offline   Barghast 

• Fist

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:46 PM

Kilava is the absolute peak bullshitter on this thread.

D1:
Rikkter votes Gait, Kilava expresses their support but doesn't follow through.

Rikkter switches to Sheltatha, Kilava follows. They claim I'm defending Sheltatha, though I was in fact backing up Venesara's point.

Kilava is called out on their support for Rikkter, so they wait for the tide to turn against Rik and is happy to jump on that train.

D2:
Kilava claims to be leaning Sheltatha for 'the same reasons' as D1. I asked what were those reasons - all Kilava has to say was that they find Shelthata's vote and posts suspicious. But if you go back to Kilava's original D1 post on the matter, they are really talking more about me than about Shel. Post #71.

Kilava has a change of heart and votes Gamelon. Their reason to vote Gamelon is that... I'm supposedly defending them. Post #160.

D3:
Kilava comes back and you won't believe what case they are bringing. They are leaning Sheltatha again because, as Kilava puts it, barghast's case against Sheltatha - if this isn't a classic case of distancing then I don't know what is. Post #247.
This is few messages after my post in which I admitted I actually didn't have a case against Sheltatha, I just associated them with Kilava. Truly a masterclass in distancing on my part, isn't it?

Kilava can barely string together three sentences without going back to me, but not once have they voted to lynch me. My theory is that they are scum and seeing I've had a hard on for them since D1, they know if they start a train against me, I will flip town and that will bring heat on them. So instead they are constantly trying to tie me with people others have mentioned as suspects or voted against.

#257 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:50 PM

View PostGamelon, on 19 August 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

Imagine if Gait was lynched before showing up and then turned out to be a killer. How amazing would that have looked for Rikkter? Enough to allow them to coast through the rest of the game?
Edit: Added question mark

Even I am not that brilliant dude. My reasoning was always better a lynch than a modkill, which I gave up on once PS told us he had subs in the wings.

#258 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:54 PM

View PostBarghast, on 19 August 2019 - 11:16 PM, said:

There seems to have been a vague agreement before that there would have been scum on the Galayn train. That train was:
* Venesara - PI'd by Prazec
* Galayn - dead
* Gait
* Rikkter
* Sheltatha

So that leaves 3 viable candidates. Briefly going through them in order:

Gait seems to be getting a pass from most people so far. They are playing a solid game and the only time they really jumped at me as suspicious was when they put Galayn at L-1 way ahead of timeout. But on a re-read I realized they actually said before they would be re-applying that vote before they went to sleep. If they didn't put that vote back on, it would have perhaps been more suspicious. Gait looks fine to me but they have received very little scrutiny so far and this bugs me a little bit. I will try to find some time tomorrow to take a closer look, even if only to ease my own consciousness.

Rikkter seems to be getting some heat again after things calmed down a little following the D1 debacle, though the more I look into it, the less I feel it. It would a very ballsy way to play scum - throughout the game Rikkter keeps putting themselves in the center of attention in moments where that would be easily avoidable.
Rikkter was the first person to cast a serious vote. Then they went into a shouting match about why this vote made sense. Then the next day, when everyone was ready to move on, Rikkter comes back into the thread guns blazing and calling people fucktards.
And now after Prazec has revealed as Healer, Rikkter floats the idea of a fake-reveal with some weird-ass reasoning:

I don't think you could do many more incriminating things than try to start a case on a healer after they revealed. Would an actual killer be this blatant?
YES
So from Galayn train that leaves us with Sheltatha, who seems to be the focus of the day. I actually don't have a good read on them - going back through the thread I see why. There really isn't much to read. It's D3 and the first time they contributed with an actual case. They started with dragonsex, then it was the pissing contest with Kilava where Shel did their best to appear obtuse, then a drive-by on Galayn and now finally they're here with an in-depth breakdown of my game.

If we're gonna pursue someone from the Galayn train, I'm definitely most comfortable with Sheltatha. I maintain their conversation with Kilava on D1 looked like distancing, and that I have a much stronger case on Kilava. Gamelon is bad vibes too so I will follow up shortly with a second post focused on these two.

This to me reads scummy. NO ONE SHOULD BE PID YET

This post has been edited by Rikkter: 19 August 2019 - 11:56 PM

#259 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:54 PM

View PostBarghast, on 16 August 2019 - 07:12 AM, said:

Interesting. Scum messing up or we have a healer?

If the former, then that's good look for Gait and Rikkter - I doubt scum would push for a lynch without a kill order submitted. Bad look for me (yikes) and Prazec for trying to stall the lynch until timeout. And Prazec being the first one to point out Galayn as scummy and then not voting for them sure looks fishy.

But then, that's all highly speculative.

Oh and obviously Kilava looks scummy but I feel like I said that before.

EDIT
Typo.

This was what I originally tried to post [Bold and underlined for emphasis]. In response to:

Now, moving on to where Shel misses by a mile:<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">Posted ImageSheltatha Lore, on 17 August 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

Barghast latter votes Kilava, and does not vote on the GL lynch train, claiming to wait till closer to time out.

Day 3: Barghast is the FIRST to speculate on roled town and nip-in-the-bud any speculation that his/her delayed vote for GL was scummy.
<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);"><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">In what world is that scummy? When I was going to sleep, Galayn was at L-2 and we had like 10 or 11 hours until timeout. I said it straight that even though I'm leaning Kilava (not Rikkter :p ), I think we have to lynch Galayn because we cannot afford to go into late-game with the baggage of their self-vote. Too much doubt. But I was in no rush, which I also said explicitly. Why end the day quickly if someone still might bring new information or an interesting case to the table? And around the scheduled timeout we did have three people on thread: me, Prazec, and Gait. And we even discussed why Gait and Rikkter rushed the lynch.

#260 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:02 AM

For the record:

My vote on Rikkter was a prod to see how he would react. It was Day 1, and until Rikkter got going, there was not much to work with.

As for today, I agree with one sentiment Rikkter is expressing: feelings or someone's statement of innocence does not PI a player. Just because one likes Barghast's posting style and reasoning does not make them town. Just because someone says they heal someone and that someone doesn't die does not prove innocence. We will lose this game on such assumptions.

So sure, let's try lynching me today. I will tell you exactly what I will turn up as before I die, and then I hope you all will listen to what I say and start thinking outside the time-old "scummy play" theory.

Share this topic:

• 34 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users