#141 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:20 AM

View PostJalan, on 24 July 2019 - 08:35 AM, said:

Second

View PostAranatha, on 23 July 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

View PostTennes, on 23 July 2019 - 11:24 AM, said:

It’s true, I can’t count. But have you ever seen a fish try to count?

Anyone else think Merrid might be a symp?

Three things bother me with Tennes, the first was the Kalse vote being number 3 without much justification. The second would be laying it on with the I am town reference and lastly painting someone a symp which cannot be proved, will only muddy waters and discredit Merrid's opinion.

I think Tennes is scum

remove vote

vote Tennes

Similar to Fande, again goes mia after this and hasn't showed up since

Too much justification in the context of D1 for my liking, particularly since there was no followup to this or any further argumentation

This position seems to be a lot in the spotlight tho, although it probably would have been somehow less so had we ended up lynching someone else

It is quite possible I will miss a few end of days, I'll get my content in when I can. That being said, when I was around Tennes was the best choice for scum imo.

#142 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit

Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:26 AM

View PostJalan, on 24 July 2019 - 09:09 AM, said:

View PostAranatha, on 24 July 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

View PostMerrid, on 23 July 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

View PostTennes, on 23 July 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 23 July 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

Some weird vote hopping going on.

That said don't really have a bad feeling about anyone other than my earlier post so that is where my vote will lie for now.

Vote Tennes

Ruse and Thyr need to show up.... Balance is off if not.

Balance would be off eh? One of you shark killers hasn’t shown up yet?

...really?

That is bad timing if Merrid is a killer. It's actually funny. Reminds me of Voldermort's, "can't I potter?"

I don't follow?

Khell's remark was silly imo and I don't see anything unnatural in Merrie's reaction

I don't mean anything by it, only that IF Merrid is scum (he had not posted up until this point) then Khell provided him with a great entrance one liner.

#143 User is offline   Jalan 

• Recruit

Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:33 AM

View PostAranatha, on 24 July 2019 - 09:26 AM, said:

View PostJalan, on 24 July 2019 - 09:09 AM, said:

That said don't really have a bad feeling about anyone other than my earlier post so that is where my vote will lie for now.

Vote Tennes

...really?

That is bad timing if Merrid is a killer. It's actually funny. Reminds me of Voldermort's, "can't I potter?"

I don't follow?

Khell's remark was silly imo and I don't see anything unnatural in Merrie's reaction

I don't mean anything by it, only that IF Merrid is scum (he had not posted up until this point) then Khell provided him with a great entrance one liner.

Ahh, yeah, hadn't realised it was Merrid's first post

#144 User is offline   Jalan 

• Recruit

Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:44 AM

View PostAranatha, on 24 July 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

I like Osseric's urgency towards end of day, driving the lynch home.

Admittedly not many others have showed any sense of urgency at all

Considering Osserc's high number of posts they seem like quite a nonentity but yeah that will be mostly due to their eod posts

Which is also what makes Hanas' conviction of Osserc's (and Kalse's) scumminess curious

#145 User is offline   Jalan 

• Recruit

Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:46 AM

View PostJalan, on 23 July 2019 - 07:26 PM, said:

I don't hold much hope in the Tennes vs opposition thing going on but I'm leaning towards voting Tennes if it comes to that, and it might already have, I agree with Aranatha the vote on Kalse seemed somehow opportunistic, even if I can see Hanas' counterpoint too, and I can see Okaros' point about Tennes' defensiveness

Would prefer to vote Hanas, besides my prevous concern, they also voted Kalse in the similar manner as Tennes, except Kalse voted Hanas first ofcourse, and I think they're playing careful in a way

Well the current leading trains aren't very long either, will switch to Tennes or someone else if needed

vote Hanas

This post caught my attention

View PostOkaros, on 23 July 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

That said, Merrid, I can defend myself from spurious shit.

Especially considering it's a reply merely to this

Vote Tennes

...really?

Which I wouldn't consider much of a defense but I'm not sure how this could be scummy

I don't see Hanas as scummy, with his vote hopping he has been bringing people to the fore and getting people to engage.

Within mafia lingo rephrasable as "attempting to lead the thread"

#146 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:07 AM

It's Osserics 'forced' 'urgency' that seems suspicious to me - maybe I'm way off, but that's what it seems like to me. As for my own voting pattern - it's poking basically, because if we don't get people to engage, we can't hope to see who's the scum. Theoretically it's easier for scum to stay neutral and not stick out, while innocents have to take risks or we're slowly getting killed off. I didn't like the Tennes vote because it seemed like such a scum driven vote lay up - I still don't know the reason for voting for him, except that 'someone' didn't want people to vote for kalse.

If someone isn't engaging much, but comes in and votes aggressively then I'm gonna raise an eyebrow - If you don't contribute, then I'm gonna assume it's likely you're scum. Even if scum engage, they're more likely to be caught that way, so please for the sake of our tiny fishie lives, we need people to engage.

#147 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 24 July 2019 - 11:21 AM

Panic not, I have returned.

First up, based on the time update previous to EoD that wasn't a lynch as timer had expired.

Secondly, my vote on Tennes was what it clearly appears to be - a D1 joke vote for spurious reasons. Late in the day I pushed for votes down because by that point it was the only viable choice (IMHO.)

What's curious is how my joke vote gained sufficient traction. Votes 2, 3 & 4 have one if not two scum aligned amongst them.

#148 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:31 PM

I see my name coming up. Feel free to lynch me. Then you can actually find scum. Little fishies sometimes make big waves.

I aint care. This game started way after I thought it would.

#149 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:41 PM

View PostFanderay, on 24 July 2019 - 11:21 AM, said:

What's curious is how my joke vote gained sufficient traction. Votes 2, 3 & 4 have one if not two scum aligned amongst them.

That's exactly why I initially felt a Tennes vote was stupid. Suddenly there was a vote train - because what, it was convenient? Like, really guys? That said, you could still be scum though, although one of my theories is that scum was redirecting votes to a convenient target (tennes), after kalse was called out.

#150 User is offline   Jalan 

• Recruit

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:14 PM

Yeah fuck you too Okaros

#151 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:24 PM

View PostJalan, on 24 July 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

Yeah fuck you too Okaros

You got it.

#152 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:16 PM

Aranatha and Fanderay both get prodded; Aranatha suddenly shows up and dumps a bunch of lede on several players, talks about others, but the only person they don't mention is Fanderay. Aranatha symp, Fanderay killer? Could be

Vote Fanderay

#153 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:45 PM

It is Day 2. 18 hours and 31 minutes remaining

8 Players still alive: Aranatha, Fanderay, Hanas, Jalan, Kalse, Merrid, Okaros, Osseric

5 votes to lynch, 4 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Fanderay ( Merrid )

Players not voted: Aranatha, Fanderay, Hanas, Jalan, Kalse, Okaros, Osseric
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#154 User is offline   Jalan 

• Recruit

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:50 PM

If Hanas was scum they'd know Tennes would CF RI which could explain their oppposition to the train, it did gain them some credibility going into next days

Don't like Hanas' today play, lot of words for how little they're saying, and their conviction without providing any basis for their claims

Vote Hanas

#155 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:22 PM

View PostJalan, on 24 July 2019 - 07:50 PM, said:

If Hanas was scum they'd know Tennes would CF RI which could explain their oppposition to the train, it did gain them some credibility going into next days

Don't like Hanas' today play, lot of words for how little they're saying, and their conviction without providing any basis for their claims

Vote Hanas

I've explained well why I didn't like the votes on tennes - can you even explain why it was a good vote in the first place? Thinking for yourself is not evidence of being scummy, however voting for someone without cause is scummy and/or idiotic. I've been saying the most if anything. You're not providing any basis for your claim I am scum either, except you 'don't like me'. Well fuck, I guess that proves it right? /s

I think it's interesting how you haven't mentioned Kalse for instance - what's your analysis of his play? The second he was called out, the train on tennes started, a stupid train at that - the degree that I didn't even consider it being an actual train, until people pointed out that there were a lot of votes for him, and I was like wtf. If you're not scum, you should be able to discuss all the players, not just what is convenient. What about the Fanderay vote, what do you think about that? I personally think it's a possibility, but I think kalse is way more suspect, considering the small amount of posts and the aggressiveness without really engaging. Talk about not saying anyting, there are A LOT of others that haven't said pretty much anything at all. At least I'm trying to figure out who's who.

#156 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:44 PM

Okay, lets observe the journey of Kalse so far, shall we?

View PostKalse, on 22 July 2019 - 01:39 PM, said:

vote tennesIn with the joke voting strategy already.Classic scum move

He was the first to vote Tennes, and it was a ridiculous vote, the first page as it were. A joke vote for Tennes making a joke? Ok sure.

View PostKalse, on 22 July 2019 - 06:22 PM, said:

Looks like we have Arantha the symp on screen

His next post - commenting on Aranatha's vote for him, even though it's clearly another joke vote, possibly signaling back and forth to each other.

View PostKalse, on 22 July 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

View PostHanas, on 22 July 2019 - 08:26 PM, said:

View PostMerrid, on 22 July 2019 - 08:23 PM, said:

View PostSkintick, on 22 July 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

Who pee'd in the water?
Everyone
Your voices don't count as everyone - you're still technically just one fish.
HmmmThis feels like a misspeak. Calling him a fish as he's different than you eh Mr shark? inviteVote Hana's

Another ridiculous reach in reasoning, even though I'm biased. Still joking? I can hear the 'why so serious' in the Joker's voice in my mind as I read that. Anyone with a brain can tell I was just replacing 'man' with 'fish' in that sentence, so either he's being ridiculous on purpose or he's acting stupid to rile up people. Suspicious.

View PostTennes, on 23 July 2019 - 08:56 AM, said:

6 hours left, has anyone not checked in yet?Vote Kalse

Curiously, Tennes was the first serious vote for Kalse - I think Aranatha's vote was just in the try out stage, and for comedy, possibly. Either way, Tennes made the vote count 2, so a serious threat to any scum.

View PostFanderay, on 23 July 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

Having seen neither Finding Nemo or Baby Shark (I kid you not, although I am aware of the generalities) I remain immune to the attempts by Skintick and Merrid at driving the shoal to distraction.

View PostTennes, on 23 July 2019 - 08:56 AM, said:

6 hours left, has anyone not checked in yet?Vote Kalse
Tennes can't count.Vote TennesAlso, checking in

Interestingly, here's Fanderay stomping in with a vote on Tennes, with no argument or reasoning whatsoever. Not being able to count is not an argument, it's bullshit. The tie to Kalse here is almost provable. Why did he vote for Tennes? Any reason at all?

View PostKalse, on 23 July 2019 - 11:40 AM, said:

Checking in,At work, will be at laptop at lunch time

Ok Kalse, way to add to the discussion. Wanna expand on that?

View PostKalse, on 24 July 2019 - 04:38 AM, said:

Hana's the shark do do, do do do do

As I know there's no reason to think I'm scum, this just reeks. It just reeks, I tell ya! I'm gonna point it out now, in case I get lynched, so you all KNOW I pointed it out for you. Because damn, is he being obvious. Do you even have an argument for that eh, kalse? No? Didn't think so.

#157 User is offline   Jalan 

• Recruit

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:44 PM

I've been hoping Kalse would show up today but that doesn't seem to be happening

There's just pretty much nothing to go by except for their absence

I'm not sure if the early D1 "pressure" they received was enough to consider the following votes on Tennes as deflection, and that's the most pressure they've recieved this game

My analysis? I'm not exactly fond of their play either

As to the Fande vote, again I was hoping someone else might chip in too before commenting. I wanted to try to create some alternative to Fande train, so maybe we don't just end up voting the only players who's recieved any votes at all, but I've already expressed my feelings about Fande and Ara from D1 and Merrid's hypothesis seems completely plausible to me and at this point I'm well willing to switch to get a lynch, saying this becuase eu nigth is falling fast

Also reminds that when I said I believe there's not more than one scum amongst the three (Fande, ra, Okaros) I meant scum as killers

#158 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:45 PM

For not adding anything constructive to the discussion, for sounding like the joker in all his posts, and for generally being super suspicious, and for having started the Tennes train for no reason:

vote Kalse

#159 User is offline   Jalan 

• Recruit

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:46 PM

View PostHanas, on 24 July 2019 - 08:44 PM, said:

His next post - commenting on Aranatha's vote for him, even though it's clearly another joke vote, possibly signaling back and forth to each other.

Signalling back and forth?

#160 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:49 PM

View PostJalan, on 24 July 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:

View PostHanas, on 24 July 2019 - 08:44 PM, said:

Signalling back and forth?

Yeah, what would you call it? I'm saying they could be in league with each other.

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users