• You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 4B - Chat Thread

#61 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:10 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 30 June 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 30 June 2019 - 09:14 PM, said:

Well I need to know the logistics of how it would work this round. If you plan on taking it this round then I would like to get paid for not taking both planets.your traDE agreement would probably work.

This round I won’t be able to take it as my Carrier won’t go that far. But I’ll be putting other ships in that hex space (for the VP)...so you wouldn’t get those planets this round anyway. What I don’t want is an unnecessary tussle over it. If you take Tequran-Torkan this round then next round you can go to Lirta via the wormhole hex (thus avoiding my ships) - I will leave it unoccupied (but will take Bereg). You’ll have to wait to take Starpoint till I move my ships out (which, if I don’t have Warfare next round, might be an additional round). If that delay does occur, I will give you my TA as compensation.

I'm confused. First you say you can't take new Albion then you say you are putting ships there for the objective. Whicheck is it?
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#62 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:40 PM

View Posttwelve, on 30 June 2019 - 10:10 PM, said:

Well I need to know the logistics of how it would work this round. If you plan on taking it this round then I would like to get paid for not taking both planets.your traDE agreement would probably work.

This round I won’t be able to take it as my Carrier won’t go that far. But I’ll be putting other ships in that hex space (for the VP)...so you wouldn’t get those planets this round anyway. What I don’t want is an unnecessary tussle over it. If you take Tequran-Torkan this round then next round you can go to Lirta via the wormhole hex (thus avoiding my ships) - I will leave it unoccupied (but will take Bereg). You’ll have to wait to take Starpoint till I move my ships out (which, if I don’t have Warfare next round, might be an additional round). If that delay does occur, I will give you my TA as compensation.

I'm confused. First you say you can't take new Albion then you say you are putting ships there for the objective. Whicheck is it?

I can’t take it but I can move other ships into the space (just not infantry-carrying ships).
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#63 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:51 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 30 June 2019 - 10:40 PM, said:

I can’t take it but I can move other ships into the space (just not infantry-carrying ships).

Then we have a problem. Taking both planets gains me 2 tgs. Not having either planet next round costs me 4 resources. That's 6 resources I'd be giving up to allow you to occupy then take New Albion. If you don't want a fight I suggest offering a good price or send your ships east to score the objective.

#64 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 30 June 2019 - 11:32 PM

View Posttwelve, on 30 June 2019 - 10:51 PM, said:

Then we have a problem. Taking both planets gains me 2 tgs. Not having either planet next round costs me 4 resources. That's 6 resources I'd be giving up to allow you to occupy then take New Albion. If you don't want a fight I suggest offering a good price or send your ships east to score the objective.

Well that’s why I suggested giving you my TA twice - that’s 6 resources.

And as I said, you would never have got those two TGs this round anyway, there’s no “allowing” in it, I’d get there before you and we’re equally matched militarily (only you’d risk losing a Carrier and troops and cruiser to me risking a cruiser and Destroyer), so I don’t think you would fight for it this round.

Tell you what, I’ll throw in my SftT too.

#65 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 30 June 2019 - 11:50 PM

I’m confused. What was Khell’s turn 1 action? And where is Twelve getting trade goods from?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#66 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 01 July 2019 - 12:17 AM

View PostGnaw, on 30 June 2019 - 11:50 PM, said:

I’m confused. What was Khell’s turn 1 action? And where is Twelve getting trade goods from?

Saar special ability - he gets a TG every time he invades a planet. My turn 1 action was to invade Wellon.

#67 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 July 2019 - 12:57 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 30 June 2019 - 11:32 PM, said:

And as I said, you would never have got those two TGs this round anyway, there’s no “allowing” in it, I’d get there before you and we’re equally matched militarily (only you’d risk losing a Carrier and troops and cruiser to me risking a cruiser and Destroyer), so I don’t think you would fight for it this round.

I'll do the deal for your trade agreement 2x and your political secrets immediately as possible. Once I have starpoint I'll exchange your political secrets for your sftt. So your first action next round will be to take New Albion then I'll come in to take Star point you retreat with everything back North and I won't invade New Albion.

You also realize that by blocking me you will be letting Sol take Rex right?

#68 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 01 July 2019 - 02:47 AM

Twelve, I'd appreciate a TG for commodities swap once you get some more TGs.
Should we talk about swapping SftT?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#69 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 July 2019 - 02:57 AM

View PostGnaw, on 01 July 2019 - 02:47 AM, said:

Twelve, I'd appreciate a TG for commodities swap once you get some more TGs.
Should we talk about swapping SftT?

I'll get 2 tgs on my next turn. I'll exchange them for your commodities and either your trade agreement or political secrets pn. Your choice.

#70 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 July 2019 - 02:59 AM

I'll also on your next turn exchange your last commodity for a trade good for free.

#71 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 01 July 2019 - 03:08 AM

no thanks

#72 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 July 2019 - 03:11 AM

View PostGnaw, on 01 July 2019 - 03:08 AM, said:

no thanks

Well I wasn't going to do it for free. If you have something you are willing to exchange for the service of turning your commodities into trade goods let me know.

#73 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:47 AM

Hey D'rek, I've been a little occupied, but now that I can focus on the game I'd like for us to have a good dialogue going. We're the two factions with a strong ground force focus, and it would be a shame if we spent that advantage nulling out each other. I am assuming you're aiming for MR and I suspect you'll get there before me. If you do I hope we can come to some other agreement that allows me to expand beyond my little corner.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#74 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:54 AM

IH, I very much doubt anyone would be willing to attack either of us through Quann. The Letnev are pretty terrifying, and fighting the Yin would be a serious pain for any faction. I suspect the others aim to sit quietly and hope for the three of us, You D'rek and I, to fight amongst ourselves.

Quann is however bordering all of my systems. So, I am still willing to leave you with Quann, but I cannot accept a major fleet presence. It is too much of a threat, and a future staging ground. So, a Dread is the largest presence I think I can live with, unless you make it worth the risk in some other way. I am not offering you my PN in addition to a system I have as much of a natural claim to as you do

#75 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 01 July 2019 - 07:16 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 01 July 2019 - 06:47 AM, said:

Hey D'rek, I've been a little occupied, but now that I can focus on the game I'd like for us to have a good dialogue going. We're the two factions with a strong ground force focus, and it would be a shame if we spent that advantage nulling out each other. I am assuming you're aiming for MR and I suspect you'll get there before me. If you do I hope we can come to some other agreement that allows me to expand beyond my little corner.

Agreed. Since we both benefit in land combat there's no point in us fighting each other where our bonuses nullify each other out. With the way the slices ended up being built, myself clockwise around the Gnaw all have "left-leaning" setups - that is, an empty hex or hazard to the right of the homeworld and a system we want to colonize to the left. It's an awkward setup, as it means I of course don't want to risk a build-up or a PDS 2 on Lodor that has a huge surface area to my other hexes, likewise for you with Quann, and while there's no planets in the gravity rift Gnaw will surely feel a bit of unease from IH having so many points of entry to his side. I expect it to be claustrophobic and paranoia-inducing, but hopefully we can get along like a bunch of cuddling parantheses ((((

Honestly not sure about MR, yet, Twelve seems like he might want to race there first, and if he does there won't be much point to me trying to take it from him for at least a couple rounds. But even if that's the case and I for some reason have a military itch to scratch I can just hope through the alpha WH to tussle with Gnaw and Twelve's backside, so I don't think we'll have any problems. Hopefully you can do the same.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#76 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 01 July 2019 - 08:39 AM

View Posttwelve, on 01 July 2019 - 12:57 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 30 June 2019 - 11:32 PM, said:

I'll do the deal for your trade agreement 2x and your political secrets immediately as possible. Once I have starpoint I'll exchange your political secrets for your sftt. So your first action next round will be to take New Albion then I'll come in to take Star point you retreat with everything back North and I won't invade New Albion.

You also realize that by blocking me you will be letting Sol take Rex right?

Alright, deal. If we border this round I will give you my TA on my turn and you take my PS on your turn or vice versa. However, I would like you to send a minimal fleet to Starpoint - I’d appreciate my ships not being accidentally shot down as they retreat :)

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 01 July 2019 - 09:34 AM

#77 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 01 July 2019 - 10:40 AM

Oh wait, I’m the Naalu duh :)

#78 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 01 July 2019 - 11:25 AM

The Naalu are awesome.

#79 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 01 July 2019 - 12:32 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 01 July 2019 - 06:54 AM, said:

IH, I very much doubt anyone would be willing to attack either of us through Quann. The Letnev are pretty terrifying, and fighting the Yin would be a serious pain for any faction. I suspect the others aim to sit quietly and hope for the three of us, You D'rek and I, to fight amongst ourselves.

Quann is however bordering all of my systems. So, I am still willing to leave you with Quann, but I cannot accept a major fleet presence. It is too much of a threat, and a future staging ground. So, a Dread is the largest presence I think I can live with, unless you make it worth the risk in some other way. I am not offering you my PN in addition to a system I have as much of a natural claim to as you do

Hmm okay.

How about this:

I don't occupy Quann with more than one ship at a time. We exchange SFTT promissory notes at first opportunity. I don't research Space Cannons, and if you do you won't fire on me whilst I'm moving my ships about.

We maintain a border at Quann, arnor-lor and the asteroid field (I may pop a ship in the asteroid field at some point to discourage the saar going there and stop any potential aggression through it.

We can renegotiate this potentially if it works with objectives... a ship in abyz fria at some point for the threaten the council PO might be useful.

If either of us is capable of it we will exchange the others commodities for TG.

Deal?

#80 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 01 July 2019 - 12:54 PM

That sounds fair to me. Deal.

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First