• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI IV ALPHA Chat

#581 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:20 PM

Don't ask to gang up on me with others when you laid the bed yourself D'rek. I asked early on to negotiate territory and you just come up with you are going to take it and ignore any communication with me. It was only last round that you mentioned anything like ceasefire. You used an action card to get there and I am certain you'd have approached my territory sooner rather than later. It is what it is, you've got a mighty system going on with no contest from either Blend or myself. I think by doing this I push you back just a little from your cushy position.

I am quite certain confident with what action cards I hold that I'll be able to repel your attack if I need to but would rather not have to.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#582 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:25 PM

View PostD, on 23 July 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

And there it is.

Hey Blend, can I borrow your racial PN? Or, did you want a crack at Tatts emptied-out planets yourself? I'll move the wormholes for you if you want to occupy Lazar/Sakulag or Qucenn/Rarron

Tapper has my racial PN at the moment. I would have otherwise!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#583 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:26 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 23 July 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

Don't ask to gang up on me with others when you laid the bed yourself D'rek. I asked early on to negotiate territory and you just come up with you are going to take it and ignore any communication with me. It was only last round that you mentioned anything like ceasefire. You used an action card to get there and I am certain you'd have approached my territory sooner rather than later. It is what it is, you've got a mighty system going on with no contest from either Blend or myself. I think by doing this I push you back just a little from your cushy position.

I am quite certain confident with what action cards I hold that I'll be able to repel your attack if I need to but would rather not have to.

Your justification is meaningless. Fact is you just left two juicy systems completely open, *and* you have just about 0 resources left to build more ships with (even less once I use Reparations on you), and Creuss with its wormholes might enjoy occupying those empty systems since you'll be so poorly equipped to try retaking them. Who knows, maybe Blend has an SO that would benefit from doing so, too.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#584 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:29 PM

View PostD, on 23 July 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

Your justification is meaningless. Fact is you just left two juicy systems completely open, *and* you have just about 0 resources left to build more ships with (even less once I use Reparations on you), and Creuss with its wormholes might enjoy occupying those empty systems since you'll be so poorly equipped to try retaking them. Who knows, maybe Blend has an SO that would benefit from doing so, too.

The rest of my round is going to be about taking MR, scoring Imperial, then reinforcing back home, so anything I might decide to do wouldn't happen until next round anyway.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#585 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:33 PM

View PostD, on 23 July 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

I have action cards that help prevent people taking planets off me this round. Next round my ships will be free to move again.

#586 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:56 PM

Tatts on my next turn I'm putting in the trade for your racial pn.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#587 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 23 July 2019 - 03:02 PM

View Posttwelve, on 23 July 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

Tatts on my next turn I'm putting in the trade for your racial pn.

Yes that's not a problem, I should have done it then

#588 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 24 July 2019 - 03:36 AM

Tatts put his invasion forces into his chat PM. I’m allowing that this time but told him and now all y’all to put them in the action post or I’m going to assume that no invasion was intended.

#589 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 July 2019 - 04:21 AM

View PostHugin & Munin, on 24 July 2019 - 03:36 AM, said:

Tatts put his invasion forces into his chat PM. I’m allowing that this time but told him and now all y’all to put them in the action post or I’m going to assume that no invasion was intended.

I'm pretty sure even with Harrow you can't bombard against PLANETARY SHIELD. Unless I'm missing something that is.

#590 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 24 July 2019 - 06:28 AM

I don't think you can either. Interestingly I looked up harrow and you can use it against both planets in a system with just one ship.

That makes the war sun for the liziz considerably more terrifying!

#591 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:29 AM

Regarding the invasion of Mellon, I am pretty sure both dreads use bombardment before combat. I put the provisionals in my PM as I didn't want D'rek seeing what action cards I wanted to use, in case she played hers differently. Next time I'll just put the action card use in PM. TI4 Battle Calculator must be broken because in both battles with all factors considered I had higher than 75% success rate.

#592 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:54 AM

View PostTapper, on 20 July 2019 - 07:56 PM, said:

View PostItwæs Nom, on 20 July 2019 - 07:37 PM, said:

@Trapper

so any plans for MX this round?

I will take it this round, likely on the fourth action.

Still going to go for it?
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#593 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:59 AM

View Posttwelve, on 24 July 2019 - 04:21 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure even with Harrow you can't bombard against PLANETARY SHIELD. Unless I'm missing something that is.

View PostImperial Historian, on 24 July 2019 - 06:28 AM, said:

I don't think you can either. Interestingly I looked up harrow and you can use it against both planets in a system with just one ship.

Bah. You're right.

I'll fix it in the morning.

IH, where'd you find that info?

#594 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:31 AM

View PostHugin & Munin, on 24 July 2019 - 07:59 AM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 24 July 2019 - 04:21 AM, said:

Tatts put his invasion forces into his chat PM. I'm allowing that this time but told him and now all y'all to put them in the action post or I'm going to assume that no invasion was intended.

View PostImperial Historian, on 24 July 2019 - 06:28 AM, said:

Bah. You're right.

I'll fix it in the morning.

IH, where'd you find that info?

https://boardgamegee...row-two-planets
https://www.reddit.c...ntext=8&depth=9 explains it more clearly.

#595 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:49 AM

To add to that discussion;

If my last ground unit dies, I'd still get to use Harrow one last time, as per its wording. Confirmed by Dane.

In terms of this combat,

Bombard Mellon first, with both dreads and plasma scoring, they'll hit on a 4.

Then ground combat round 1

then Harrow round 1

Then ground combat round 2

Harrow round 2 with both dreads and Plasma scoring I think.

The other planet is straight up infantry on infantry as D'rek has planetary shield.

#596 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:10 PM

I have 3 commodities left to trade. Is there anyone that still has commodities left to trade? If not anyone willing to sell their trade agreement for some trade goods at a discounted price?

#597 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:51 PM

View Posttwelve, on 24 July 2019 - 12:10 PM, said:

I have 3 commodities left to trade. Is there anyone that still has commodities left to trade? If not anyone willing to sell their trade agreement for some trade goods at a discounted price?

I'll trade you my trade PN for your commodities. I'll also throw in a free trade if I gain the trade strategy token.

#598 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:56 PM

I've asked if you were up for a full swap like half a page ago and only just did the 1:1 with you, now having, coincidentally, 3 commoditites left
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#599 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:00 PM

There you go, straight 3:3

#600 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:24 PM

View PostItwæs Nom, on 24 July 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

I've asked if you were up for a full swap like half a page ago and only just did the 1:1 with you, now having, coincidentally, 3 commoditites left

I thought you only had 1 available as you were trading with the Winnu for your other 3. Looks like my mistake. I'll gladly trade you for the other 3.

Share this topic:

• 43 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users