Malazan Empire: Malzanian emblems, banners, symbols, flags for the world of Wu in the combine universe of SE and CAM ruled over by the lord of ..... - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malzanian emblems, banners, symbols, flags for the world of Wu in the combine universe of SE and CAM ruled over by the lord of .....

#1 User is offline   joshuabbutler 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 May 2019 - 02:10 PM

Has anyone captured any of the symbolism used to represent the various factions in the Malazan world?
I know the bridge burners, of course, but what are the others?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:52 PM

Malazan Empire: Flag -> burgundy and grey, Imperial sigil -> taloned hand holding a crystal globe

The Liberation Army of Caladan Brood: Green and silver banners with a horse on it. I guess green background with silver horse makes the most sense ^^

Tiste Andii: Midnight black banners

Tiste Edur: Grey banners

Pre-Empire Itko Kan: Green

Talian League: Dark Blue

Crimson Guard Banner: Silver Dragon on a Crimson Field

There is definitly more mentionend in the books, especially in Path to Ascendancy, but those were the things I remembered or knew where to look for. Maybe I can look for more later Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 12 May 2019 - 08:24 AM

A nice Mod (if one exists ... :p ) might want to edit the thread title. Otherwise people might get confused when expecting:

https://www.google.c...img.92pUG-MCXYI
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#4 User is offline   joshuabbutler 

• Sergeant

Posted 12 May 2019 - 10:16 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 12 May 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

A nice Mod (if one exists ... :p ) might want to edit the thread title. Otherwise people might get confused when expecting:

https://www.google.c...img.92pUG-MCXYI

Oh yeah. Was typing on the iPad. I will edit.

#5 User is offline   joshuabbutler 

• Sergeant

Posted 12 May 2019 - 10:17 PM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 11 May 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

Malazan Empire: Flag -> burgundy and grey, Imperial sigil -> taloned hand holding a crystal globe

The Liberation Army of Caladan Brood: Green and silver banners with a horse on it. I guess green background with silver horse makes the most sense ^^

Tiste Andii: Midnight black banners

Tiste Edur: Grey banners

Pre-Empire Itko Kan: Green

Talian League: Dark Blue

Crimson Guard Banner: Silver Dragon on a Crimson Field

There is definitly more mentionend in the books, especially in Path to Ascendancy, but those were the things I remembered or knew where to look for. Maybe I can look for more later Posted Image

Thanks,

#6 User is offline   ArchieVist 

• Captain

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:41 PM

Bonehunter standard - House of Chains - Chapter 11

His gaze travelled up to one of the Fourteenth's new standards, barely visible through clouds of roiling dust up ahead. She had understood the whole thing with the finger bones well enough, understood the turning of the omen. The new standard well attested to that. A grimy, thin-limbed figure holding a bone aloft, the details in shades of dun colours that were barely visible on the yellow ochre field, the border a woven braid of the imperial magenta and dark grey. A defiant figure standing before a sandstorm.

Bonehunter sigil - The Bonehunters - Chapter 18

He had seen the sigil, the decoration the Adjunct had presented to Faradan Sort at what should have been her courtmartial, and to the mute child Sinn – not that she was in truth mute, Bottle knew. The urchin just had very little to say to anyone, barring her brother Shard. The sigil…in silver, a city wall over which rose ruby flames, and the sloped tel beneath that wall, a mass of gold human skulls. The echo of the Bridgeburners' old sigil was not accident – no, it was sheer genius. T'amber's genius.

By the end of that same day, iron needles and silk threads were out as blunted fingers worked with varying degrees of talent, and military-issue cloaks found a new decoration among the soldiers of the Fourteenth Army. To go along with dangling finger bones, the occasional bird skull and drilled teeth.

#7 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:36 PM

Now it's "Malian". Cheeky sods. :doh: :p
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#8 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:48 AM

Zalaman!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users