• You cannot reply to this topic

The Biggest Assholes in Music

#21 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 03 May 2019 - 07:36 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 02 May 2019 - 08:36 PM, said:

There's so much 'low hanging fruit' that it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

- Ted Nugent
- Kid Rock
- Kanye West
- The two jag offs who keep Kiss going (Gene Simmons & Paul Stanley?)
- Whatever line-up is calling themselves Lynyrd Skynyrd
- That douche nozzle that sings a song about beer for his horses - Tobe Keith?
- Ritchie Blackmore. I like Blackmore's playing, but watched a documentary about his career and man is he unapologetic about being an A #1 asshole. Now I guess the only people that can work with him are his hot young wife and an unknown back up band - doing 'medieval rock' in an outfit called "Blackmore's Night"
- The whole Jackson Family. Refuse to accept that their cash cow (MJ) raped little boys. Or they know but keep denying because they don't want that estate money to dry up.
- Bono. I think he's known for 'philanthropic' endeavors, but there's something about him that pulsates a-hole.
- Oh and those charming, shy girls in Babymetal. They're just meanies. Posted Image

Rob Zombie is kind of a dick but his defense of taking Babymetal on tour was beautiful to watch. I do feel that the lead singer looks kinda tsun.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#22 User is offline   John II 

• The Black King
  • Interests:Ruling with an iron fist, showing no mercy, evil plans to take over the world, and other fun stuff.

Posted 03 May 2019 - 07:55 AM

The Babymetal girls seem like school bullies to me...
Babymetal has never appealed to me. A truly good unusual subgenre of metal is pirate metal, especially Alestorm. They actually have some nice licks, especially with songs like 'Drink' and 'Mexico'(the later being somewhat repetitive, but still good).

Regarding Bono: I have always disliked U2. Not sure why.
Regarding Michael Jackson: I dislike his music, and it is probable that he raped little boys (no solid proof though...), but even if it's true, it isn't a reason to stop listening to his music. If you were going to take that attitude, people wouldn't listen to or read anything earlier than the 1900s... back then they were pretty much all racist. If you go early enough, marital rape was legal (not sure of the date), too. So basically, if it's good, listen/read/watch. As a Christian, I'll happily listen to Opeth, even if Orchid had an ode to Satan in it, and Morningrise was basically about a guy selling his soul to Satan. I just don't listen to those particular songs. Just because The Twilight is my Robe is Satanic, it doesn't mean The Leper Affinity or Sorceress aren't great.
The upshot of that is that even though I dislike MJ's music, I wouldn't necessarily class him as an asshole.

#23 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 03 May 2019 - 03:34 PM

- Bono. I think he's known for 'philanthropic' endeavors, but there's something about him that pulsates a-hole.

He comes across as preachy and sanctamonious at times, but a-hole... nah.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#24 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 03 May 2019 - 03:48 PM

View PostAbyss, on 03 May 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

He comes across as preachy and sanctamonious at times, but a-hole... nah.

Yeah, he's the epitome of "too cool for school" guy, but I have heard nothing but good things about him and how nice he is.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#25 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:48 PM

Re: Babymetal I love them purely because so many pretentious elitists start frothing at the mouth whenever they're mentioned it's so funny.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#26 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:02 PM

Turns out, the biggest assholes in music...are the fans.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#27 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 04 May 2019 - 05:39 AM

View Postworry, on 03 May 2019 - 06:02 PM, said:

Turns out, the biggest assholes in music...are the fans.

Forum.malazanempire.com says:

Rating failed. You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day.

:apt2:

I'll try to remember to do it tomorrow. Stupid rep limits.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 04 May 2019 - 05:40 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#28 User is offline   John II 

• The Black King
  • Interests:Ruling with an iron fist, showing no mercy, evil plans to take over the world, and other fun stuff.

Posted 04 May 2019 - 06:36 AM

The biggest asshole of them all is Jimi Hendrix's dealer.

This post has been edited by John II: 04 May 2019 - 06:42 AM

#29 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 04 May 2019 - 06:49 AM

- Ritchie Blackmore. I like Blackmore's playing, but watched a documentary about his career and man is he unapologetic about being an A #1 asshole. Now I guess the only people that can work with him are his hot young wife and an unknown back up band - doing 'medieval rock' in an outfit called "Blackmore's Night"

Blackmore's Night are actually ace (IMO) but I saw them live when they were over here and my god does he think the world revolves around him. Bits of the live show were embarrassing because he had clearly decided he didn't want to play the setlist as planned, was quite prepared to hold up the whole proceeding (whilst on stage) because he didn't feel like starting a song and leaving said wife (and lead singer) to make awkward, corny excuses and try and turn it into a joke.

I also remember watching the documentary on their DVD and the vibe of "Good little wife, speak when spoken to" is terrifying. He literally does all the talking and the only thing she's seemingly allowed to do is giggle and simper and agree with him.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#30 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:10 AM

Bonos an asshole.

For all his sanctimonious preaching he's as money hungry a wanker as all the rest.

You can't preach that Africa is starting and needs our help when you're stepping off one of your private jets, to go sailing on one of your yatch to stay in your multi million pound villa in the south of France.
When Ireland was on its knees in the recession he (one of the largest tax contributors) skipped town to Switzerland just as his glorious dirty Facebook money started piling in for tax reasons.
Now had he taken that tax saving and thrown it to the starving children in africa maybe. But he didn't, he built another fucking villa.
His favourite restaurant in Dublin has a table reserved for him. And no one else's can sit there.
Ever
It's bonos table.
Fuck bono

This post has been edited by Macros: 04 May 2019 - 08:11 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users