• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 10 April 2019 - 02:52 AM

1 Honey Nut Cheerios
2 Other forms of Cheerios
3 Shreddies
4 more or less anything Kashi makes
5 more or less anything granola n fruit'esque.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#22 User is offline   neo era 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 April 2019 - 07:00 PM

honey smacks knock off (big plastic bag status lol)
life
Weetabix

#23 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 August 2020 - 03:54 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 22 March 2019 - 01:50 AM, said:

I was out drinking with some friends one time and we got into one of those discussions that organically pop up after you've tipped a few (or more) and the alcohol buzz has taken strong hold. So, we got to talking about our favorite childhood cereals and I expressed that one of my favorite childhood cereals was Lucky Charms. And my good friend made an excellent point: he said kids only ate Lucky Charms for the marshmallows. Once you strip away the marshmallows all you have left is what looks like cat food and which doesn't taste all that much different from cat food (not that he or I know what cat food tastes like Posted Image). But after he made the observation about Luck Charms, I had one of those drunken, light bulbs going off moments. My bleary, glossy eyes widened as I looked at him and I said "holy shit, that is so true". Damn, that was a moment.

It was bound to happen.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 26 August 2020 - 04:57 PM

My issue with most cereal, is thats its essentially desert. Its mostly sugar so within 1-2 hours im hungry again. Why ami paying for food that just makes me hungry again?

I like stuff like raisin brand, vector and just granola with yoghurt.

That being said, i do have a soft spot from crispix.

#25 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 August 2020 - 07:12 PM

I have a weak spot for Honey Nut Cheerios or Frosted Flakes (they're Grrrrrreat!), but yeah, had to leave the sugary cereals in my childhood cart riding days while my mom quickly rolled through the cereal isle so I wouldn't start bawling about grabbing every box that caught my eye.

Primarily for a healthy breakfast, I'll have oatmeal with fresh fruit, or a smoothie. Every now and again I'll get a nummy breakfast burrito, love them chorizo, egg and cheese.... spicy! And of course, the every now and again standard - pancakes, french toast, fried eggs (over easy), omlettes, toast, juice, coffee.... the uze, some combo/variations on those traditional breakfast offerings.

#26 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 14 October 2020 - 05:10 AM

Breakfast is a lie

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#27 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 October 2020 - 05:14 AM

True. You're not really breaking a fast. If you were breaking a fast you'd have gone at least 48 hours without eating anything. Breakfast is just waking up and eating a meal. So, morning dinner/supper.

#28 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 14 October 2020 - 05:17 AM

Exactly. And if it's just waking up and eating a meal, do you really need it? Just drink a coffee and you're good, unless you're chopping trees or amish.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#29 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 14 October 2020 - 03:03 PM

This made me laugh this morning. The whole cereal for breakfast thing was the result of a surplus of wheat in the US.

This guy had some other ideas about what it should be used for though. At least his brother had a business brain. (He probably ate chicken for breakfast.)

https://www.mentalfl...rbation-crusade

This post has been edited by Traveller: 14 October 2020 - 03:07 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#30 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 February 2021 - 03:06 AM

Dog helps Ohio authorities find corn flakes "frosted" with 44 pounds of cocaine

*link is to www.cbsnews.com

They're GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!
Posted Image

#

This headline doesn't affect me. I'm not a fan of Grape-Nuts Will eat them in a pinch though.
Posted Image

#31 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 25 February 2021 - 03:59 AM

My breakfast cereal is dried wasabi edamame with vinegar and olive oil 'milk', topped with wild salmon and sprinkles of powdered garlic and various spices (sometimes some 'syrup' of sambal oelek).

My lunch cereal is assorted nuts in 'milk' of creamy guacamole or a broth of powdered spinach, olive oil, and vinegar.

After lunch, I fast until breakfast, except for some tart cherry concentrate in the evening for the melatonin.

#32 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 February 2021 - 09:53 PM

I haven't really tried any of the milk alternatives. I think I tried the almond milk once (too watery and not the right mouth feel), but dairy makes me mucusy. Why does dairy have that effect? Thing is, I'm just too fond of stinky cheese to give it up. Also, I have to splurge with a couple scoops of ice cream when I'm feeling naughty.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 28 February 2021 - 10:04 PM

#33 User is offline   BAD 

• Masher of HHT
  • Interests:Sleeping!

Posted 21 March 2021 - 11:05 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 28 February 2021 - 09:53 PM, said:

I haven't really tried any of the milk alternatives. I think I tried the almond milk once (too watery and not the right mouth feel), but dairy makes me mucusy. Why does dairy have that effect? Thing is, I'm just too fond of stinky cheese to give it up. Also, I have to splurge with a couple scoops of ice cream when I'm feeling naughty.

I have tried quite a few alternatives and hardly use milk at all now except maybe in baking/pancakes etc. I have found the best (taste wise) to be Oat "milk". Cashew and Hazelnut are not too bad either. Coconut and Rice ones are no-no, far too watery. As for cereals:-

1. Bran Flakes
2. Porridge
3. Cheerios
4. Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes
5. Golden Grahams

Pretty much religiously eat one of the top two every morning. Cheerios if none of them and well the other two are just an extravagance from my regular diet if I am feeling cheeky. Though I don't just eat the top two plain. I add a multitude of things varying from cinnamon, ground flax seed, dried fruit, chopped walnuts. Literally, go nuts. :)

Forum needs more infopop.

#34 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 21 March 2021 - 12:03 PM

As an aside, I don't know how prevalent this is among medicos, but found it mildly interesting.

I always knew you couldn't trust almond milk. I mean, where are the nipples? And who has hands that small? Hobbits?

https://www.news.com...f29ee1d3f802d80
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#35 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 22 March 2021 - 06:14 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 21 March 2021 - 12:03 PM, said:

I always knew you couldn't trust almond milk. I mean, where are the nipples?

Not all animals that produce milk have nipples either...

#36 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 23 March 2021 - 07:03 AM

View PostD, on 22 March 2021 - 06:14 PM, said:

View PostTsundoku, on 21 March 2021 - 12:03 PM, said:

I always knew you couldn't trust almond milk. I mean, where are the nipples?

Not all animals that produce milk have nipples either...

Now I'm trying to think of some examples ... monotremes? Cetaceans?

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 23 March 2021 - 07:03 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#37 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 March 2021 - 01:32 PM

View PostBAD, on 21 March 2021 - 11:05 AM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 28 February 2021 - 09:53 PM, said:

I have tried quite a few alternatives and hardly use milk at all now except maybe in baking/pancakes etc. I have found the best (taste wise) to be Oat "milk". Cashew and Hazelnut are not too bad either. Coconut and Rice ones are no-no, far too watery. As for cereals:-

1. Bran Flakes
2. Porridge
3. Cheerios
4. Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes
5. Golden Grahams

Pretty much religiously eat one of the top two every morning. Cheerios if none of them and well the other two are just an extravagance from my regular diet if I am feeling cheeky. Though I don't just eat the top two plain. I add a multitude of things varying from cinnamon, ground flax seed, dried fruit, chopped walnuts. Literally, go nuts. :)

Is raw milk a thing outside of America? I believe it is not allowed in certain states, but in my neck of the woods you can join a collective where you can receive the product from a small farm and group of cows. Expensive as all get out though. There's supposed to be health benefits to raw milk. Might be Gwyneth Paltrow hippie new age tomfuckery however, but it's a thing.

#38 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:24 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 25 February 2021 - 03:59 AM, said:

My breakfast cereal is dried wasabi edamame with vinegar and olive oil 'milk', topped with wild salmon and sprinkles of powdered garlic and various spices (sometimes some 'syrup' of sambal oelek).

My lunch cereal is assorted nuts in 'milk' of creamy guacamole or a broth of powdered spinach, olive oil, and vinegar.

After lunch, I fast until breakfast, except for some tart cherry concentrate in the evening for the melatonin.

I think i need to try your breakfast.

#39 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:43 PM

First, those both sound awesome.

Second, I dont know how you can do a late day fast. I'm fine if i fast in the morning and wait until either late afternoon or evening to eat. But ive tried not eating after having lunch or breakfast and it makes me miserable.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#40 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:56 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 23 March 2021 - 02:43 PM, said:

First, those both sound awesome.

Second, I dont know how you can do a late day fast. I'm fine if i fast in the morning and wait until either late afternoon or evening to eat. But ive tried not eating after having lunch or breakfast and it makes me miserable.

i can but then i wake up at 4am ready to eat innocent bystanders.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users