Malazan Empire: Twilight Imperium (Game 3) - Chat Thread - Malazan Empire

Jump to content

  • 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • 219
  • 220
  • 221
  • 222
  • 223
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (Game 3) - Chat Thread

#4401 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

  • Elder God
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 5,020
  • Joined: 08-February 04

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:48 PM

View Posttwelve, on 22 May 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

Tapper I'm also willing to trade you my 1 extra commodity and 5 trade goods so you can swap out all your commodities.


Doh twelve has trade, should have made the ceasefire conditional on a free refresh. Don't suppose you still want to give me a free refresh ...
0

#4402 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

  • Elder God
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 5,020
  • Joined: 08-February 04

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:49 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 22 May 2019 - 01:44 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 22 May 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 22 May 2019 - 12:30 PM, said:

I guess it all depends on whether Tapper wants the game to end this round or not.

Convince me on how you plan on stopping IH especially now that he has a War Sun built. Hell I have a better shot now at taking on his fleet than you now.


Nah, I should be fine with what I have now, but waiting for Logistics would most likely be my deciding strategy.


Am i doing maths wrong? I'm pretty sure my flagship alone neuters most of what morgoth can throw at me...
0

#4403 User is offline   twelve 

  • Elder God
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,980
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:50 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 22 May 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 22 May 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

Tapper I'm also willing to trade you my 1 extra commodity and 5 trade goods so you can swap out all your commodities.


Doh twelve has trade, should have made the ceasefire conditional on a free refresh. Don't suppose you still want to give me a free refresh ...

Nope.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#4404 User is offline   twelve 

  • Elder God
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,980
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:52 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 22 May 2019 - 02:49 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 22 May 2019 - 01:44 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 22 May 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 22 May 2019 - 12:30 PM, said:

I guess it all depends on whether Tapper wants the game to end this round or not.

Convince me on how you plan on stopping IH especially now that he has a War Sun built. Hell I have a better shot now at taking on his fleet than you now.


Nah, I should be fine with what I have now, but waiting for Logistics would most likely be my deciding strategy.


Am i doing maths wrong? I'm pretty sure my flagship alone neuters most of what morgoth can throw at me...

Yeah your flagship ability neuters Morgoth's Military tech advantage very well. I thought you have had the advantage over him for a while now.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#4405 User is offline   Blend 

  • Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 3,043
  • Joined: 28-March 03
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:57 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 22 May 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 22 May 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 22 May 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 22 May 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 22 May 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

@Blend would you be willing to swap action cards with me via Tapper? I have one you may like and I know you have one I like.


If Tapper is amenable, sure. I assume you want the same one you were asking about early round?


Yes that's right. I have lucky shot which may be of use to you?


Sure, I'll do that swap if Tapper is amenable. You'll have to pay the trade fee though! :p


Yes that'll be great. You give Tapper it on your turn.


If Tapper is amenable, I will allow him to do both trades on his turn as he is allowed to trade with me then trade with you on the same turn.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK
0

#4406 User is offline   twelve 

  • Elder God
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,980
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:00 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 22 May 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 22 May 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 22 May 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 22 May 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 22 May 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

@Blend would you be willing to swap action cards with me via Tapper? I have one you may like and I know you have one I like.


If Tapper is amenable, sure. I assume you want the same one you were asking about early round?


Yes that's right. I have lucky shot which may be of use to you?


Sure, I'll do that swap if Tapper is amenable. You'll have to pay the trade fee though! :p


Yes that'll be great. You give Tapper it on your turn.

Even with unexpected action it's effectively the same as me using the remove tactical action from you. You will have 1 less action and once I get the tech where I get a free infantry attack while also bringing in extra Infantry you will be forced to commit most of your troops to attack Gral for the tech planet objective. My objective to stop you from gaining your objective is successful. And your ships will be trapped so when I bring my fleet in to clean them up you will have gained nothing. So you might as well save us both grief and annoyance and give up on this folly and do something else.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#4407 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

  • formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 10,371
  • Joined: 16-July 10
  • Location:Wirral
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:09 PM

View Posttwelve, on 22 May 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 22 May 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 22 May 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

Tapper I'm also willing to trade you my 1 extra commodity and 5 trade goods so you can swap out all your commodities.


Doh twelve has trade, should have made the ceasefire conditional on a free refresh. Don't suppose you still want to give me a free refresh ...

Nope.


IH nothing you can do to block Tapper then, as this is what you get for doing someone a solid.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.
0

#4408 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

  • formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 10,371
  • Joined: 16-July 10
  • Location:Wirral
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:11 PM

View Posttwelve, on 22 May 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 22 May 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 22 May 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 22 May 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 22 May 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 22 May 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

@Blend would you be willing to swap action cards with me via Tapper? I have one you may like and I know you have one I like.


If Tapper is amenable, sure. I assume you want the same one you were asking about early round?


Yes that's right. I have lucky shot which may be of use to you?


Sure, I'll do that swap if Tapper is amenable. You'll have to pay the trade fee though! :p


Yes that'll be great. You give Tapper it on your turn.

Even with unexpected action it's effectively the same as me using the remove tactical action from you. You will have 1 less action and once I get the tech where I get a free infantry attack while also bringing in extra Infantry you will be forced to commit most of your troops to attack Gral for the tech planet objective. My objective to stop you from gaining your objective is successful. And your ships will be trapped so when I bring my fleet in to clean them up you will have gained nothing. So you might as well save us both grief and annoyance and give up on this folly and do something else.


If I cannot achieve the VP then i'll have to blockade your home world and force you to come get it back.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.
0

#4409 User is offline   twelve 

  • Elder God
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,980
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:23 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 22 May 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 22 May 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 22 May 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 22 May 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 22 May 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 22 May 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 22 May 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

@Blend would you be willing to swap action cards with me via Tapper? I have one you may like and I know you have one I like.


If Tapper is amenable, sure. I assume you want the same one you were asking about early round?


Yes that's right. I have lucky shot which may be of use to you?


Sure, I'll do that swap if Tapper is amenable. You'll have to pay the trade fee though! :p


Yes that'll be great. You give Tapper it on your turn.

Even with unexpected action it's effectively the same as me using the remove tactical action from you. You will have 1 less action and once I get the tech where I get a free infantry attack while also bringing in extra Infantry you will be forced to commit most of your troops to attack Gral for the tech planet objective. My objective to stop you from gaining your objective is successful. And your ships will be trapped so when I bring my fleet in to clean them up you will have gained nothing. So you might as well save us both grief and annoyance and give up on this folly and do something else.


If I cannot achieve the VP then i'll have to blockade your home world and force you to come get it back.

Why though? There are plenty of tech planets in the south and you will have support to take those. I might have to commit my fleet south to stop IH which gives you more time to score points. Attacking me also hurts you to as I'll be forced to deal with you instead.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#4410 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

  • formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 10,371
  • Joined: 16-July 10
  • Location:Wirral
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:33 PM

View Posttwelve, on 22 May 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 22 May 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 22 May 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 22 May 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 22 May 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 22 May 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 22 May 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 22 May 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

@Blend would you be willing to swap action cards with me via Tapper? I have one you may like and I know you have one I like.


If Tapper is amenable, sure. I assume you want the same one you were asking about early round?


Yes that's right. I have lucky shot which may be of use to you?


Sure, I'll do that swap if Tapper is amenable. You'll have to pay the trade fee though! :p


Yes that'll be great. You give Tapper it on your turn.

Even with unexpected action it's effectively the same as me using the remove tactical action from you. You will have 1 less action and once I get the tech where I get a free infantry attack while also bringing in extra Infantry you will be forced to commit most of your troops to attack Gral for the tech planet objective. My objective to stop you from gaining your objective is successful. And your ships will be trapped so when I bring my fleet in to clean them up you will have gained nothing. So you might as well save us both grief and annoyance and give up on this folly and do something else.


If I cannot achieve the VP then i'll have to blockade your home world and force you to come get it back.

Why though? There are plenty of tech planets in the south and you will have support to take those. I might have to commit my fleet south to stop IH which gives you more time to score points. Attacking me also hurts you to as I'll be forced to deal with you instead.


because you're purposefully blocking me from achieving a VP to be petty about planets. If you think I can feasibly take 2 tech planets from elsewhere on the map this turn then you're wrong. You want to keep your planets so that you can score the TG objective as well as the 11 planet objective or even 5 tech planet objective next. Don't paint it differently.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.
0

#4411 User is offline   D'rek 

  • Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators
  • Posts: 11,465
  • Joined: 08-August 07
  • Location::

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:31 PM

Some of you guys really need to fix your status posts. There's techs missing, Gnaw hasn't listed whatever SFTT he's apparently holding, and more...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.
0

#4412 User is offline   twelve 

  • Elder God
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,980
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:03 PM

Being petty?! You are taking those planets from me. You didn't negotiate. you offer me nothing. You are destroying my infrastructure and ships and Im being petty by trying to defend myself? I didn't say a word when you took Tar'mann from me. So no, not petty but plenty pissed.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#4413 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

  • formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 10,371
  • Joined: 16-July 10
  • Location:Wirral
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:33 PM

View Posttwelve, on 22 May 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

Being petty?! You are taking those planets from me. You didn't negotiate. you offer me nothing. You are destroying my infrastructure and ships and Im being petty by trying to defend myself? I didn't say a word when you took Tar'mann from me. So no, not petty but plenty pissed.


How about I borrow them for the objective and move out next round compensating you with TGs when I do?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.
0

#4414 User is offline   twelve 

  • Elder God
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,980
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:55 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 22 May 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 22 May 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

Being petty?! You are taking those planets from me. You didn't negotiate. you offer me nothing. You are destroying my infrastructure and ships and Im being petty by trying to defend myself? I didn't say a word when you took Tar'mann from me. So no, not petty but plenty pissed.


How about I borrow them for the objective and move out next round compensating you with TGs when I do?

Can you provide specifics? How many trade goods? Which planets? I'd need reimbursement for lost production and ships so 4 trade goods isn't going to be enough. Will probably also need your racial as well but let me know what you will agree to pay and I might be willing to agree to it.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#4415 User is offline   Gnaw 

  • Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 5,966
  • Joined: 16-June 12

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:02 PM

View PostD, on 22 May 2019 - 04:31 PM, said:

Some of you guys really need to fix your status posts. There's techs missing, Gnaw hasn't listed whatever SFTT he's apparently holding, and more...


Itís Nomís.

And itís your fault I had to cease blockading IH.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl
0

#4416 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

  • formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 10,371
  • Joined: 16-July 10
  • Location:Wirral
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:37 PM

View Posttwelve, on 22 May 2019 - 05:55 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 22 May 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 22 May 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

Being petty?! You are taking those planets from me. You didn't negotiate. you offer me nothing. You are destroying my infrastructure and ships and Im being petty by trying to defend myself? I didn't say a word when you took Tar'mann from me. So no, not petty but plenty pissed.


How about I borrow them for the objective and move out next round compensating you with TGs when I do?

Can you provide specifics? How many trade goods? Which planets? I'd need reimbursement for lost production and ships so 4 trade goods isn't going to be enough. Will probably also need your racial as well but let me know what you will agree to pay and I might be willing to agree to it.


I'm not at my computer to decide yet. Do you want top come up with a proposal? Feasible too.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.
0

#4417 User is offline   twelve 

  • Elder God
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,980
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:05 PM

I've lost access to a computer for the foreseeable future as well. I'll take a look at the map later tonight and see what I can come up with though.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#4418 User is offline   twelve 

  • Elder God
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,980
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:43 AM

The map keeps crashing on my phone so I'm going to go from what I can remember. So Tatts, it looks like you want the 3 tech planet objective so with Tar'Mann already you just need 2 more. If you agree to 4 trade goods and your racial action card delivered to me before the end of the round I won't reinforce both gral and Sakulag nor use your ceasefire to prevent an action if you only attack centauri/gral with no more than 1 dread and 1 fighter and Lazar/Sakulag with a minimum force. You don't take any further of my planets and you leave to the nebula from all conquered planets your first action next round. I'll reteat any surviving destroyers to sakulag/Lazar in case you try any funny business so I can still use your ceasefire if I have to.

This post has been edited by twelve: 23 May 2019 - 04:44 AM

I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#4419 User is offline   twelve 

  • Elder God
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,980
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:46 AM

And sorry all. I didn't know it was my turn else I'd have tried to work this out with Tatts sooner. Now I'm off to bed.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#4420 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

  • formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 10,371
  • Joined: 16-July 10
  • Location:Wirral
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:25 AM

View Posttwelve, on 23 May 2019 - 04:43 AM, said:

The map keeps crashing on my phone so I'm going to go from what I can remember. So Tatts, it looks like you want the 3 tech planet objective so with Tar'Mann already you just need 2 more. If you agree to 4 trade goods and your racial action card delivered to me before the end of the round I won't reinforce both gral and Sakulag nor use your ceasefire to prevent an action if you only attack centauri/gral with no more than 1 dread and 1 fighter and Lazar/Sakulag with a minimum force. You don't take any further of my planets and you leave to the nebula from all conquered planets your first action next round. I'll reteat any surviving destroyers to sakulag/Lazar in case you try any funny business so I can still use your ceasefire if I have to.


I don't have my racial and I don't think I'll have those TG's as Tapper has my Trade PN. So do what you must, if we can arrange something for next round then i'm all ears.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.
0

Share this topic:


  • 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • 219
  • 220
  • 221
  • 222
  • 223
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users