• You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (III) - Signup Thread

#241 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:33 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 28 January 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

the arborec being teal rather than green is an outrage eclipsed only by the royal purple being awarded to someone other than Letnev.

I gave Drek Pink, and myself Red cause that's what I wanted for my Muaat, but then I just put the colours around the board without paying attention to anything, and then when you chose races, you just got whatever colour your starting location had at the time! Was certainly not done on purpose to disappoint you. :)
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#242 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:33 PM

Hacan isn't yellow? Literally unplayable :)

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#243 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:36 PM

Hey complainers - next time you guys can spend a few hours putting the map together so I can bitch at you for your colour choices! :)
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#244 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:37 PM

I'm just being silly, not actually complaining! I'm actually looking forward to calling Macaw "the violet violent virus"

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#245 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:41 PM

I am! I am enraged and insulted by this slight. The council will hear of this. The knights will be notified! The wenches will ready for a campaign!
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#246 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:43 PM

Silly Morghy, Letnev doesn't have wenches or councils. It's always knight out there! No one will get this

#247 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:43 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 28 January 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

I am! I am enraged and insulted by this slight. The council will hear of this. The knights will be notified! The wenches will ready for a campaign!

The Muaat invite you to join us in the cleansing fires of the Supernovae to discuss this further.

#248 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:49 PM

View PostBlend, on 28 January 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 28 January 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

The Muaat invite you to join us in the cleansing fires of the Supernovae to discuss this further.

We'll keep the fires at bay with waves after waves of loyal peasants.

#249 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:56 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 28 January 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

IH, I am willing to agree to a settlement where Thibah is as far east as I go in that area. I would think an exchange of Support for the Throne, and a promise that you will not take trade goods for me while the support lasts would be fair. In return you get to expand towards the center unimpeded by the massive production I will have available to me.

Letnev start with -5 Trade Goods for suggesting SftT swap pre-game.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 28 January 2019 - 03:58 PM

"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#250 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:07 PM

View PostBlend, on 28 January 2019 - 03:36 PM, said:

Hey complainers - next time you guys can spend a few hours putting the map together so I can bitch at you for your colour choices! :)

I got orange. One of my favorite colors so I'm very happy. Game is already getting started right.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#251 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:42 PM

Looking at the map and starting units, I'm impressed that only 2 out of 9 of us picked fast-expand races (Tapper and Tatts)

Also, nice that nobody ended up with both their neighbours being right before them in speaker order like Twelve had last game

#252 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:49 PM

I was just fed up of chasing that extra CT all the time :) This way I can concentrate a bit more on VP's and not worry as much about where the next meal is coming from.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#253 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:50 PM

View PostD, on 28 January 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

Looking at the map and starting units, I'm impressed that only 2 out of 9 of us picked fast-expand races (Tapper and Tatts)

Also, nice that nobody ended up with both their neighbours being right before them in speaker order like Twelve had last game

We don't know the Speaker order yet do we?

#254 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:55 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 28 January 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

IH, I am willing to agree to a settlement where Thibah is as far east as I go in that area. I would think an exchange of Support for the Throne, and a promise that you will not take trade goods for me while the support lasts would be fair. In return you get to expand towards the center unimpeded by the massive production I will have available to me.

I figured it was fine since every race and position had been set. My bad.

#255 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:57 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 28 January 2019 - 04:50 PM, said:

View PostD, on 28 January 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

We don't know the Speaker order yet do we?

We don't know who will start as Speaker, but I think Khell said the order will be the same as our race/position draft?

#256 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:02 PM

View PostD, on 28 January 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

I think Green is appropriate if the galaxy still uses paper bills. Perfectly OK.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#257 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:04 PM

View PostTapper, on 28 January 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

View PostD, on 28 January 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

I think Green is appropriate if the galaxy still uses paper bills. Perfectly OK.

There's plenty of green-coloured spices to flow, too. Or, you know, other green herb-like plants...

#258 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:33 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 28 January 2019 - 04:55 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 28 January 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

I figured it was fine since every race and position had been set. My bad.

I'm not against an agreement in principle, will wait for khells ok to start full negotiations. Your suggestion seems very onesided, we swap support for the thrones and agree our natural borders sure, but then I additionally stop using my main power, allow you to accumulate tgs which make you even stronger, you don't have the risk of an early mentak attack when mentak are particularly strong and letnev are weak, can build up some monster fleets with a secure border and a plush set of planets available on the way to rex, plus I'm much more likely to pressurise the jolnar who are obviously a threat if left unchallenged and I get what? What's to stop you changing your mind later, and crushing me with a monster fleet?

I'm not against a deal, but as in last game you have a race which is much better late game, and a lot more planet potential so being left alone at the start, and not being looted seems like it should be worth more, especially with your extremely good expansion opportunities.

Do you have any better suggestions? How about a similar deal and you cede me thibah which is to be left as a demilitarised zone? Or I agree to loot you only occasionally? As d'rek says your racial is extremely powerful so I'm reluctant to give you free reign on that without getting something for myself. As a self respecting pirate if nothing else I have to establish the value of my piracy/non piracy to the galaxy.

Note to all (hey hacan) my services as a mercenary/looter for hire are all available for a price :)

#259 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 28 January 2019 - 08:06 PM

So many possibilities for this game. How exciting.

#260 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 28 January 2019 - 09:16 PM

I’m so impressed with how helpful and sincere D’rek sounds when convincing folks not to research their racial techs. She has a future selling used cars if all else fails.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users