Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Genabackis Campaign

#1 User is offline   mcobb83 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:02 AM

Just restarted Gardens of the Moon for about the 4th time (as in, 4th time through the series now), and it occurs to me that I'd like to know more about the Genabackis campaign, particularly everything before the Siege of Pale. Does anyone know of any information that has been made available about this? Obviously there is a little in the books, and even later in the series some characters make reference to it, but has anything concrete ever been set down?

#2 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:37 PM

I don't remember the authors mentioning anything outside the books.

On the wiki we have a page about the campaign, but it is not that detailed about the early Campaign.

https://malazan.wiki...backis_Campaign

I went more into details for the German page of the Campaign, but I haven't finished it yet Posted Image

http://de.malazan.wi...abackis_Feldzug

#3 User is offline   Momorazor 

• Recruit

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:46 PM

wikia is pretty accurate here,only thing that is not mentioned in wikia and that we heard in books is Blackdog campaign where Bridgeburners held against Crimson guard and Mott irregulars. Various Bridgeburners often mention that campaign as terrible experience xD

#4 User is offline   ArchieVist 

• Captain

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:17 PM

For the Blackdog campaign try this page. In addition to various references from the books, it includes Erikson's hand drawn map from when he and ICE gamed the actual campaign. There's also some Genabackis campaign info under the history section of Malyntaeas as well as small bits spread about on the Genabaris, Nathilog, Anklos, Sarafa Lenesh, and Humble Measure pages, among others. One day all those details will have to get collated onto the main campaign page.

This post has been edited by ArchieVist: 11 January 2019 - 09:19 PM

#5 User is offline   mcobb83 

• Recruit

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:33 PM

Thanks for the replies. I had found the wiki articles earlier and read them, and found that they whetted my appetite for more details. Even something like the dates and forces involved, particularly on Broods side. I like details like, during the siege of Nathilog, was it just the Nathii involved? (There is a wiki for the battle that lists combatants). Anyway, I will probably just keep digging for information.

#6 User is offline   ArchieVist 

• Captain

Posted 29 June 2019 - 02:39 PM

I've updated the wiki to include more detail on the Mott campaign as referenced in the books. Although I'm starting to wonder if the Mott campaign and the Blackdog campaign are really just two names for the same thing.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users