• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (II) - Chatty Thread

#1121 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:01 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 23 July 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 23 July 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 23 July 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 23 July 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

*pause here to discuss wormhole*

I have my action ready, so options are;

Corneeq, Tar'Mann, Nevant, Thibah, Arnor/Lor, Ensapta, Silvano?, Quann, Lodd Eru, Saudor,

corrected that list for you...
And no Tar'mann either. Unless you really want the space rodents coming to visit?

I've thought about that, I think Khell will be scared of crossing your path, but obvious place at the moment is Corneeq. Nom already has an Alpha wormhole.

With Gnaw distracted by his genocide of Twelve? It's not as offputting as you think. Not that I'm saying I want it in TM, and might take umbrage.

Meaning?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1122 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:01 PM

View PostD, on 23 July 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

I don't think Khell will be able to make much use out of coming through the wormhole if it's in Tar'mann. But it'll put him on a defensive footing / stall his rolling deathball. Also it gives Tapper a way out of his boxed-in position, which is generous.

Corneeq, I just don't see it getting used much by either side, and we don't really need to stall Nom with defensive play at the moment.

There's also the empty hexes.

Hey you know what would stall D'rek from getting to Mecatol? A wormhole next to one of her systems ;)

There are also the empty hexes.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1123 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:04 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 23 July 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

I don't think Khell will be able to make much use out of coming through the wormhole if it's in Tar'mann. But it'll put him on a defensive footing / stall his rolling deathball. Also it gives Tapper a way out of his boxed-in position, which is generous.

Corneeq, I just don't see it getting used much by either side, and we don't really need to stall Nom with defensive play at the moment.

Hey you know what would stall D'rek from getting to Mecatol? A wormhole next to one of her systems ;)

Since IH doesn't even have antimass deflectors, I don't think he'd be happy having his WH token put in an asteroid field...

There also be the empty hexes.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1124 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:06 PM

View PostD, on 23 July 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 23 July 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

Since IH doesn't even have antimass deflectors, I don't think he'd be happy having his WH token put in an asteroid field...

There also be the empty hexes.

And what's wrong with Nevant or Arnor/Lor? Speaking of though, that asteroid field next to Mecatol, an alpha wormhole in there has potential...

#1125 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:07 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 23 July 2018 - 04:06 PM, said:

And what's wrong with Nevant or Arnor/Lor?

I would be very upset

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1126 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:08 PM

View PostD, on 23 July 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

I would be very upset

Well, Tatts was asking me where I'd put it for 2 TG, didn't say anything about restrictions.

#1127 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:10 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 23 July 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

I would be very upset

Well, Tatts was asking me where I'd put it for 2 TG, didn't say anything about restrictions.

And IH would just love Nevant.

#1128 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:12 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 23 July 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 23 July 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

I would be very upset

And IH would just love Nevant.

Why would he?

#1129 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:21 PM

4th unstable planet
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1130 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:23 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 23 July 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

Ah so I can get either my carrier or one of my dreads to mallice, I have been misunderstanding gravity drive all of last game, good job I so rarely had to move! In that case 12 my destroyer is going to move this turn or stay where it is. If you want to do a trade speak up ASAP. I'll give you 2tg for your trade PN which is all I have left, only because I feel a little sorry for you.

At this point, it's been 4+ hours since you posted that action, and two other people have gone after you. If you wish to change your action completely (including adding a trade that was not previous negotiated) you'll need the two players who've gone after you to agree. Otherwise, just update what you're bringing to invade Mallice and otherwise leave your turn as is.

#1131 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:24 PM

View PostGnaw, on 23 July 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

4th unstable planet

Wouldn't be able to take it this round (not enough movement, and I'll have stuff on it before his next turn anyway), and it's right in the middle of a brinksmanship zone so unlikely he wants to invest the resources into taking and holding it until Status Phase 3, either.

#1132 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:40 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 23 July 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

Ah so I can get either my carrier or one of my dreads to mallice, I have been misunderstanding gravity drive all of last game, good job I so rarely had to move! In that case 12 my destroyer is going to move this turn or stay where it is. If you want to do a trade speak up ASAP. I'll give you 2tg for your trade PN which is all I have left, only because I feel a little sorry for you.

At this point, it's been 4+ hours since you posted that action, and two other people have gone after you. If you wish to change your action completely (including adding a trade that was not previous negotiated) you'll need the two players who've gone after you to agree. Otherwise, just update what you're bringing to invade Mallice and otherwise leave your turn as is.

Well I'll be moving in my carrier from my home system and the destroyer by twelve to mallice instead of the carrier and dreadnoughts. Twelve offered a deal but then disappeared before the nitty gritty could be worked out. The deal can't be done without the destroyer there. Doesn't matter to me either way, just don't want to screw twelves game even more.

#1133 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:45 PM

Blend you decide if you want to stop play until this is resolved or not. That's what my move would be if the dreads couldn't move to mallice, move carrier and destroyer to mallice instead. I'd do a trade with twelve if he wanted for his PN before the move if allowed.

#1134 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:46 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 23 July 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

Blend you decide if you want to stop play until this is resolved or not. That's what my move would be if the dreads couldn't move to mallice, move carrier and destroyer to mallice instead. I'd do a trade with twelve if he wanted for his PN before the move if allowed.

I've no issue with you updating the ships you move to Mallice as that doesn't really change the overall move, but I think you should wait until Twelve or your turn to negotiate a new trade deal rather than adding it to the action you posted 4+ hours ago.

#1135 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:49 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 23 July 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 23 July 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

I've no issue with you updating the ships you move to Mallice as that doesn't really change the overall move, but I think you should wait until Twelve or your turn to negotiate a new trade deal rather than adding it to the action you posted 4+ hours ago.

The deal can't be done after the move as I no longer neighbour twelve.

#1136 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:00 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 23 July 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 23 July 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

View PostD, on 23 July 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 23 July 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

Secindary Logistics

Spend 1 ct Build dread, 2gf and 2f for 6 resources, exhaust bereg for 3 resources and spend 2 tg (-1 for sarween tools)

Action activate mallice move 2 dreads and carrier with 2f and 2gf invade mallice.

Offer 1 commodity to be traded 1:1 with morgoth gnaw twelve or itwars nom.

@IH - How did both of your dreadnoughts make it to Mallice? Move 1 + Slipstream + GravDrive for only one of them?

During your tactical actions, apply +1 to the move value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an alpha or beta wormole

Why would it be +1 to only one of them, any of my ships starting in a wormhole has +1 movement

Your dreads have a movement of 1. The Racial ability gives them a movement of 2 if they start in your homeworld. To get to Mallice, they need a movement of 3. Gravity Drive only gives ONE ship a +1 to movement. So you could get ONE dread to Mallice, but not both.

Please revise your action accordingly.

I'll take it. Was wanting fighters too but 3 dreads is good
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1137 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:06 PM

View Posttwelve, on 23 July 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

Secindary Logistics

Spend 1 ct Build dread, 2gf and 2f for 6 resources, exhaust bereg for 3 resources and spend 2 tg (-1 for sarween tools)

Action activate mallice move 2 dreads and carrier with 2f and 2gf invade mallice.

@IH - How did both of your dreadnoughts make it to Mallice? Move 1 + Slipstream + GravDrive for only one of them?

During your tactical actions, apply +1 to the move value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an alpha or beta wormole

Why would it be +1 to only one of them, any of my ships starting in a wormhole has +1 movement

Your dreads have a movement of 1. The Racial ability gives them a movement of 2 if they start in your homeworld. To get to Mallice, they need a movement of 3. Gravity Drive only gives ONE ship a +1 to movement. So you could get ONE dread to Mallice, but not both.

I don't think I can make the trade without leaving the destroyer there based off blends latest post, so either I leave it where it is and move it after the next strategy trade or unfortunately it doesn't happen.

#1138 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:06 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 23 July 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

View PostGalactic Council, on 23 July 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

Well I'll be moving in my carrier from my home system and the destroyer by twelve to mallice instead of the carrier and dreadnoughts. Twelve offered a deal but then disappeared before the nitty gritty could be worked out. The deal can't be done without the destroyer there. Doesn't matter to me either way, just don't want to screw twelves game even more.

Yeah I had to run into work I still want to trade.

#1139 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:10 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 23 July 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 23 July 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

Secindary Logistics

I don't think I can make the trade without leaving the destroyer there based off blends latest post, so either I leave it where it is and move it after the next strategy trade or unfortunately it doesn't happen.

If he won't allow the trade and you moving the destroyer then leave the destroyer. I need that 3rd dread to have a shot.

#1140 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:16 PM

All this bartering to trade with someone who made their turn 5 hours and 2 players back is rapidly eliminating any residual guilt I have.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

Share this topic:

• 292 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users