• This topic is locked

TI4 Game # 2 Signup Thread

#61 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:39 AM

View PostGnaw, on 10 July 2018 - 01:31 AM, said:

View PostD, on 10 July 2018 - 01:29 AM, said:

Alright, well I'll let Morgoth have the Arborec. I don't think I could keep up roleplaying as trees/zombies the whole game.

I'll pick the L1z1x (I've never played as them before!)

Well crap. There goes my first choice.

Silence peasant! You will accept whatever scraps the Immortal Emperor leaves for you!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#62 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:23 AM

If you're planning out your system placement, two additional rules to keep in mind (from the setup in the rules reference book):

Anomaly system
tiles cannot be placed next to one another unless there
is no other option. Additionally, system tiles that contain
the same type of wormhole cannot be placed next to one
another unless there is no other option.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#63 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:32 AM

View PostD, on 10 July 2018 - 02:23 AM, said:

If you're planning out your system placement, two additional rules to keep in mind (from the setup in the rules reference book):

Anomaly system
tiles cannot be placed next to one another unless there
is no other option. Additionally, system tiles that contain
the same type of wormhole cannot be placed next to one
another unless there is no other option.

^^^^

Thanks D'rek! :)

#64 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 July 2018 - 05:43 AM

Clan of Saar: “You can score the objectives even if you do not control the planets in your home system.”

Morgy, I think you scared Khell. A lot.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#65 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 10 July 2018 - 05:59 AM

View PostGnaw, on 10 July 2018 - 05:43 AM, said:

Clan of Saar: "You can score the objectives even if you do not control the planets in your home system."

Morgy, I think you scared Khell. A lot.

This always happens and I don't know why!
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#66 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:51 AM

So, how does this work exactly? We build a map and then we pick starting positions, yes? Who gets to pick position first, Khell or whomever is at the bottom?

#67 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:21 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 10 July 2018 - 06:51 AM, said:

So, how does this work exactly? We build a map and then we pick starting positions, yes? Who gets to pick position first, Khell or whomever is at the bottom?

Blend said said in a PM that it would be the randomizer.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#68 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:27 AM

wouldn't it be better that the person picking race last, and whom is last in the tile placing bit, gets to pick starting position first?

#69 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:30 AM

D'rek I really liked the look of that race, you basically can research what you want when you unlock your racial ability. They look fun.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#70 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:48 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 10 July 2018 - 07:30 AM, said:

D'rek I really liked the look of that race, you basically can research what you want when you unlock your racial ability. They look fun.

Yeah, they were my third choice, after the Arborec and Saar. Terrifying dreadnoughts, incredible expansion and powerful tech. It's a scary combo!

#71 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:12 AM

C’mon IH. Pick your race so Morgy can pick Arborac. Then I can throw gasoline onto the Embers and set the empire aflame!!!

#72 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:15 AM

I kind of hope there'll be a Nekro in this game too. I wonder what it's like playing against them, and I'm curious to see how someone else will play them.

#73 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:35 AM

View PostGalactic Council, on 10 July 2018 - 01:10 AM, said:

Alright, I have added the starter map into the OP of this thread.

The lettered systems are the starter systems. Please let me know where you'd like to start as well - Khell, need yours before Lady Bliss chooses.

Well, my starting position seems kinda predicated by where I'll be placing my tiles based on the numbers you gave me, so i'll go for position B.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#74 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:37 AM

View PostGnaw, on 10 July 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

C'mon IH. Pick your race so Morgy can pick Arborac. Then I can throw gasoline onto the Embers and set the empire aflame!!!

Why do I get placed next to you again? You're ruthless.

#75 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:39 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 10 July 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

The lettered systems are the starter systems. Please let me know where you'd like to start as well - Khell, need yours before Lady Bliss chooses.

Well, my starting position seems kinda predicated by where I'll be placing my tiles based on the numbers you gave me, so i'll go for position B.

The way I read it you don't have to start where you place the tiles or am I wrong?

So if you start in position B, does that mean the hexes you got sent will be placed directly next to the B HW?

#76 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:41 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 10 July 2018 - 08:39 AM, said:

The way I read it you don't have to start where you place the tiles or am I wrong?

So if you start in position B, does that mean the hexes you got sent will be placed directly next to the B HW?

No you don't have to start where you place tiles, but this way I have some control over what kind of systems are around me.

#77 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:52 AM

I think it's supposed to be the other way around. We place our tiles and then we pick starting position.

#78 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:09 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 10 July 2018 - 08:52 AM, said:

I think it's supposed to be the other way around. We place our tiles and then we pick starting position.

But in the post from Blend above he says please let me know where you'd like to start, and I think he asked me in a PM too.

#79 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:51 AM

AFAIK, starting position was supposed to happen at the same time as picking race, meaning Khell would pick first on that, too.
Picking before the map is build means the first few get to select if they want their home system to border 2 or 3 hexes, for the next few it means being able to select their neighbours, and for the last few, it means being locked into whichever spot is left, but at the least being able to select a race that fits the neighbours.
I personally think that's a better proposition than Khell picking race first and starting position in the galaxy after the map is built (especially given the fact we don't place hexes wherever we want, but on certain numbers only, meaning we're likely to see a uneven galaxy), but let's go with what Blend wants.

The thing that confuses me, is the Strategy pick.

So I'll randomize the signup list, and that will be our "around the table order" that's used for strategy card selection throughout the game.

How I read this, is that Khell is Speaker round 1, but then regardless of who sits next to him, when Khell is Speaker, Bliss will always pick second, D'rek third, IH fourth, and so on - is that correct?
That will mean that the advantage of your left-sided neighbour always picking later than you is gone. I guess it prevents deals like Gnaw, Morghy and I made last game, but in hindsight I think that annoyed others more than it benefitted us (Tatts was the one who had the best of the deal) :).
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#80 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:57 AM

View PostTapper, on 10 July 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

AFAIK, starting position was supposed to happen at the same time as picking race, meaning Khell would pick first on that, too.
Picking before the map is build means the first few get to select if they want their home system to border 2 or 3 hexes, for the next few it means being able to select their neighbours, and for the last few, it means being locked into whichever spot is left, but at the least being able to select a race that fits the neighbours.
I personally think that's a better proposition than Khell picking race first and starting position in the galaxy after the map is built (especially given the fact we don't place hexes wherever we want, but on certain numbers only, meaning we're likely to see a uneven galaxy), but let's go with what Blend wants.

The thing that confuses me, is the Strategy pick.

So I'll randomize the signup list, and that will be our "around the table order" that's used for strategy card selection throughout the game.

How I read this, is that Khell is Speaker round 1, but then regardless of who sits next to him, when Khell is Speaker, Bliss will always pick second, D'rek third, IH fourth, and so on - is that correct?
That will mean that the advantage of your left-sided neighbour always picking later than you is gone. I guess it prevents deals like Gnaw, Morghy and I made last game, but in hindsight I think that annoyed others more than it benefitted us (Tatts was the one who had the best of the deal) :).

I am not going to lie, I did enjoy first pick every other go and have no stipulation as to what I can pick, although having to pick last I may have suffered if I did not have that strategy action card.

Regarding the underlined, if I have a hex with a number on, will that only be able to be put in that number? I was of the opinion that you just say which hex you want to place ie place hex 35 in spot 40.

I doubt strategy picking order will be that way otherwise it nulls the effect of politics.

Share this topic:

• 24 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users