TI4 Game # 2 Signup Thread

#41 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:01 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 09 July 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

View PostD, on 09 July 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 09 July 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

I would very much like the Arborec. They're not particularly good I think, but they look like a lot of fun :)

Hmm, that's what I was looking at taking...

will you give me 2 trade goods for it? :D

haha, I don't think that's appropriate. If that's what you want I'll go for something else.

Well, we'll see what Khell (eventually) and Bliss pick, that'll influence my choice, too.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#42 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:11 PM

Kheeeeel! Posted Image
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#43 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:16 PM

He has told me that he'll post his choice when he gets home from work, so I expect we'll see it sooner rather than later! :)

#44 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:46 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 09 July 2018 - 07:16 PM, said:

He has told me that he'll post his choice when he gets home from work, so I expect we'll see it sooner rather than later! :)

Expectations are the root of resentments.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#45 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:23 PM

So I decided to go completely random for my race selection. Gave Blend a list of 8 races generated at random and I'm going to be the first 1 not already selected when it's my go for races. Half of them are races not previously selected in the last game with the top 2 in that bucket. Now if I could only read the link of races Blend provided so I know what I'm getting myself in to. Hopefully can read it from a proper computer instead of my phine.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#46 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:35 PM

The diaspora is at an end. All have heard the Call of Ragh and now travel across the galaxy to join their kin.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#47 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:47 PM

Who?
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#48 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:54 PM

View Posttwelve, on 09 July 2018 - 10:23 PM, said:

So I decided to go completely random for my race selection. Gave Blend a list of 8 races generated at random and I'm going to be the first 1 not already selected when it's my go for races. Half of them are races not previously selected in the last game with the top 2 in that bucket. Now if I could only read the link of races Blend provided so I know what I'm getting myself in to. Hopefully can read it from a proper computer instead of my phine.

I'll try to get them uploaded elsewhere so you can find them later, hopefully from your phone!

#49 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:55 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 09 July 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

The diaspora is at an end. All have heard the Call of Ragh and now travel across the galaxy to join their kin.

So Khell has chosen Saar. That means Lady Bliss is next to choose! :)

#50 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:39 PM

View Posttwelve, on 09 July 2018 - 10:23 PM, said:

Same thing happened with you trying to view your race sheet last game, too, didn't it? Something is weird with how your phone displays large images.

View PostGalactic Council, on 09 July 2018 - 10:55 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 09 July 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

So Khell has chosen Saar. That means Lady Bliss is next to choose! :)

Bliss, if you're unsure what to pick, these races are all comparatively simpler races that don't are friendlier for a first-time player since they don't have any big disadvantages lumped onto them or big new mechanics you need to master:

Federation of Sol - Humans. No added weaknesses, and they can do more actions more easily, as well as having superior infantry and carriers.

Xxcha Kingdom - Peace Turtles. Only added weakness is a bit slower first expansion. They tend to turtle up with very good defenses based around PDS cannons, and they have a variety of abilities that let them cancel effects/politics they don't like.

Emirates of Hacan - Spice-trader Lions. No added weaknesses, and they get more trade goods + the ability to trade with other players more easily.

Barony of Letnev - Kind of a jack-of-all trades military-focused race - in particular, they have a ton of starting resources, can field larger fleets without great cost, and they can get better shielding for their big ships to live longer, plus a few other misc military abilities. Not very influential politically, though.

Embers of Muaat - Lava Death Star people. Only added weakness is a slightly slower first-turn expansion. They start with Death Star technology already unlocked and already start with one built. Scary.

Universities of Jol-Nar - Science Fish. A bit weak at fighting, but they research technology easily and cheaply, letting them quickly amass craptons of technologies.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#51 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:00 AM

I’ve posted the race sheets in the third post.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#52 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:56 AM

Ok, I'm thinking. Give me a minute.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#53 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:00 AM

Would the Mentak be very difficult to play? Their abilities sound interesting.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#54 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:03 AM

View PostLady Bliss, on 10 July 2018 - 01:00 AM, said:

Well, in the last game, Nicodimas played Mentak and basically had dozens of Trade Goods by mid-game. I don't think there's anything particularly difficult about playing them, though D'rek would have a better opinion.

#55 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:10 AM

Alright, I have added the starter map into the OP of this thread.

The lettered systems are the starter systems. Please let me know where you'd like to start as well - Khell, need yours before Lady Bliss chooses.

This post has been edited by Galactic Council: 10 July 2018 - 01:11 AM

#56 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:21 AM

OK, I'll play Mentak and read through the last game

#57 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:22 AM

View PostGalactic Council, on 10 July 2018 - 01:03 AM, said:

View PostLady Bliss, on 10 July 2018 - 01:00 AM, said:

Well, in the last game, Nicodimas played Mentak and basically had dozens of Trade Goods by mid-game. I don't think there's anything particularly difficult about playing them, though D'rek would have a better opinion.

I think the problem with the Mentak last game was that the player didn’t actually play. But that would be problematic for any race choice. :)

#58 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:24 AM

Mentak is great for how they accumulate so many trade goods, gives them lots of spending versatility. They also get a couple neat fighting abilities and their racial technology is great for the mid/late game. BUT they have a big downside in that because you're taking trade goods from everyone, everyone will hate you. It's very hard to form good partnerships as Mentak unless you can really sell yourself, and even then they'll be expecting you to backstab them at all times.

#59 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:29 AM

Alright, well I'll let Morgoth have the Arborec. I don't think I could keep up roleplaying as trees/zombies the whole game.

I'll pick the L1z1x (I've never played as them before!)

#60 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:31 AM

View PostD, on 10 July 2018 - 01:29 AM, said:

Alright, well I'll let Morgoth have the Arborec. I don't think I could keep up roleplaying as trees/zombies the whole game.

I'll pick the L1z1x (I've never played as them before!)

Well crap. There goes my first choice.

Share this topic:

• 24 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users