• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NHL 2020-2021 Season HE SHOOTS HE SCOOOOOORES

#141 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:55 AM

Wow, the Golden Knights were 500 to 1 odds to win the Stanley Cup at the start of the season. Now they are favored to win. Just think if you were to have placed $50 on them before the opening of the season. Damn that would be sweet (they still have to beat the Crapitals of course, thoughPosted Image)

I think this is on par with Leicester City's odds to win the EPL a few years ago. Well not really, just looked it up, those odds were 5,000 to 1. Still pretty damn sweet though for the Golden Knights.

#142 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:59 PM

Vegas drops a little on my likeability scale. They had that douche nozzle Criss Angel there to kick things off. Who are they going to roll out next, that asshole Dan Bilzerian? Or some shitty EDM DJ? Maybe the creep who started The Bunny Ranch?

I'd prefer they stick with classic and classy old school Vegas. Maybe Wayne Newton? Ya think? I guess you have to accept something like this when you're dealing with Las Vegas (that destroyer of dreams).

#143 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:48 PM

Or maybe some good old fashioned Vegas Celine Dion?
In the language of flowers corn stands for trust.

#144 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:23 AM

That's the first time I caught the full Vegas production of their opening. It's pretty badass tbh. If that doesn't get you pumped up and the adrenaline rushing as your skates touch the ice, then you need to see a doctor to check you for a pulse. I like how, when during the National Anthem, the singer got to the line "gave proof through the ....<pause>" and everyone in the arena shouted "NIGHT!"

I wonder what the Capitals have planned for their opening? Maybe bring out some prominent politicians from the Senate and HoR and have them take a vote on whether to enact sanctions against Vegas?

Well, it's a five game series now. Lets go Vegas!

#145 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:46 PM

View PostI am the Bachelorette, on 30 May 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

Looking forward to seeing if they gonna do the skit.

Damn those GK cheerleaders are purrdy.

Wait they have cheerleaders? No hockey team has ever had cheerleaders as far as I know.

I've been so busy lately I haven't been able to watch any games in the finals so far. Guess it's all tied up now, have to make sure I watch saturday's game.

#146 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:43 PM

View PostI am the Bachelorette, on 03 June 2018 - 12:28 AM, said:

My god I hope these Bitchitals get spanked tonight in their own house. That was a horrible display from the home crowd. Fuck all those people in their smelly assholes...

Skits are definitely Vegas only from the looks of it. Sting and Shaggy are I must say a horrible duo.

Looks like it was Vegas who ended up getting spanked, we'll see how tonight's game goes though, they are still in Washington.

#147 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:39 AM

View PostI am the Bachelorette, on 05 June 2018 - 01:34 AM, said:

Looks like they gonna do it again too. 0-3 in 2nd. Sigh

Theres still a whole period left, you never know! Plus they go back to Vegas after this so maybe they'll get their funk back

#148 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:42 PM

View PostI am the Bachelorette, on 05 June 2018 - 03:00 AM, said:

Well this is just some dumb penalties GK is earning themselves at the end.. Guess their blood is just up but this isn't smart

That tends to happen a lot when a team is down near the end, they get frustrated and take penalties which digs them into an even bigger hole. Can't believe they lost that badly though, they need to take the next couple of days to regroup and hopefully come back with a better game plan for the next one. They have to win 3 in a row now which will be tough.

#149 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:28 PM

Instead of front row at a Cirque du Soleil show, looks like this Vegas trip is ending down a urine stained ally at 3am, with our pants around our ankles, beaten up, robbed, and a head buzzing full of who knows what kind narcotics that were dropped into our glass hours ealier. Holding in one hand one of those pamplets that adrvertise a good time with beautiful women and our dick in our other hand.
Posted Image

#150 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:33 AM

Guys! Guys! This time during the pre-game extravaganza they rolled out a siege engine - catapult. It launched a huge ass canon ball that opened up a huge hole in the ice that swallowed that last enemy.

Guys, if the Golden Knight's pregame shows don't get you hyped and give you goosebumps you need to immiedely be driven to the hospital to see if you have a pulse.

I wonder how many people who aren't hockey fans just pay for tickets so they can watch the show and then leave before the opening puck is dropped?

#151 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

Damn, well that's it for the Vegas Golden Knights, I imagine next year won't be as good for them since a lot of their players contracts are up now, that's a shame.

Although I was hearing some rumors that there was some sketchy business with the original expansion draft, like Vegas promising they won't take certain players so they could protect others to let them get players they wanted. Not sure if it's true but it would explain how they were able to do so well when other expansion teams were so bad.

Sorry Malankazooie guess you're friend/brother/person is going to be the one talking shit to you now.

#152 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:39 PM

Oh believe me, my brother has been texting me a lot. And if you guys think I'm good a talking shit, I can't hold a candle to my brother, it's been brutal.

But like you guys already know, and so does my brother. My team is the Penguins and they won it the two years prior (last team to win back to back was Detroit '97 & '98). So, I'm okay with my brother and family having the cup go to D.C. for them.

Oh, and if you guys think I'm a fair weather Penguins fan, wrong. Pittsburgh professional sports team are my favs. Go into the NFL thread and you'll see my posts liking the Steelers. So you can shove it if you think I'm one of those uninformed fans who just tries to place their allegiance on who they think is a winner.

#153 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:43 PM

View PostI am the Bachelorette, on 09 June 2018 - 01:48 AM, said:

I'm still pretty bummed out about yesterday. Looking foward to next season and seeing more then the playoff teams so I can figure out which teams I actually like. Think I will like GK beyond this but I'm not jumping on their train till I see more teams play.

Those skits were beyond badass though. An NFL team in Vegas would prob be a fucking blast but no team will eva topple mah Saints.

For sure, it'll also be really interesting to see what trades and signings happen this offseason. There are a lot of great players becoming free agents now so there should be some big changes. John Tavares being the biggest one but I imagine he'll just re-sign with the Islanders but who knows!

If I may suggest a team, the Toronto Maple Leafs have some fantastic young players and they're really becoming a good team. And I'm not just saying that because I live near Toronto, not at all...

#154 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:23 PM

NHL Awards will be handed out tonight. @Gintokian, maybe you know what individual/team talent and/or excellence the following recognize?

- Vezina Trophy
- Norris Trophy
- Lady Byng Trophy
- Calder Memorial Trophy
- Frank J. Selke Trophy
- Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy

#155 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:09 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 June 2018 - 06:23 PM, said:

NHL Awards will be handed out tonight. @Gintokian, maybe you know what individual/team talent and/or excellence the following recognize?

- Vezina Trophy
- Norris Trophy
- Lady Byng Trophy
- Calder Memorial Trophy
- Frank J. Selke Trophy

Sure ya, sorry if I'm a bit late.

- Vezina - Given to the top goalie in the league (voted by the GMs)
- Norris - Basically the best defenceman that year
- Lady Byng - Highest sportsmanship
- Calder - Best rookie in their first year
- Selke - Best defensive forwards
- Masterton - kind of hard to explain, basically perseverance, usually given to someone who overcomes something. Like last year Craig Anderson won it after having to leave the team for number of months to help his wife through her cancer, then came back and got the team deep into the playoffs. Stuff like that

#156 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:39 PM

View PostGintokian, on 21 June 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 June 2018 - 06:23 PM, said:

- Vezina Trophy
- Norris Trophy
- Lady Byng Trophy
- Calder Memorial Trophy
- Frank J. Selke Trophy

- Masterton - kind of hard to explain, basically perseverance, usually given to someone who overcomes something. Like last year Craig Anderson won it after having to leave the team for number of months to help his wife through her cancer, then came back and got the team deep into the playoffs. Stuff like that

Thanks man. Sure I could have google'd them, but I figured you'd explain them in concise and clear terms. You didn't disappoint.

#157 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:48 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 21 June 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

View PostGintokian, on 21 June 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

Thanks man. Sure I could have google'd them, but I figured you'd explain them in concise and clear terms. You didn't disappoint.

No problem, didn't realize they were given out last night. I wonder who hosted the NHL awards this year, Will Arnett did it last year.
Now I'll have to google them all to see who won

#158 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 01 July 2018 - 05:41 PM

Holy shit boys! The Leafs lose bozak and van riemsdyk but sign John Tavares for 7 years!
This season's going to be crazy, with tavares, Matthew's, nylander and marner. So excited now

#159 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:20 PM

Yo! @Gintokian! NHL training camps open in four weeks. You feelin' the buzz my dude?!

#160 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:37 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 14 August 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

Yo! @Gintokian! NHL training camps open in four weeks. You feelin' the buzz my dude?!

You better believe it buddy, I'm super pumped for this season. The leafs got John Tavares and this seasons going to be super exciting! They may actually be able to make a run for the cup.
What was your team again? Vegas or was that just for the playoffs?

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users