#1561 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:41 PM

Nicodimas said:

1525555302[/url]' post='1328956']
On it

Don't think that's a legal move Nico. Unless you have fighter ii, you're over capacity.

Edit: You have capacity of 2, no? The way it’s worded now, you invaded the system but forgot to bring any infantry with you. Embarrassing.

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 05 May 2018 - 09:50 PM

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1562 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:49 PM

capacity of two , I’m reading through the rules for millionth time.that doesnt make sense because fighter screens right ?

Per FFG : the fleet supply doesn’t count while you’re moving, it only cares about where you’ve stopped.

The rules state you should be able with carrier 1 to pick up from arnor to drop off on lor as part of an activation step.

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 05 May 2018 - 09:56 PM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1563 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:53 PM

Capacity 2. 2 fighters, 2 infantry, or 1 of each.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1564 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:58 PM

Eh. Maybe I’m wrong.

#1565 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:01 PM

I could be wrong too, not that my group EVER plays rules wrong. I’m rereading.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1566 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:07 PM

I can’t decide how to read rule 49.5, for my benefit it sounds like I can grab a ground force with cruiser one.

Rule 44.2 says an active player may commit any number of ground troops to a active planet to land in that system.

I’m off to get ready, adjust as needed.

#1567 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:42 PM

So if I have this right, Nico moved 2 cruisers and 2 fighters to Arnor-Lor, then picked up one infantry from Arnor when he got there, and then dropped him off on Lor?

Quick check of boardgamegeek seems to indicate that that's fine to do. Incidentally, you can also pick up ships/troops from systems you pass through, which I didn't know before (but cannot drop any off except in the activated system).
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1568 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:00 PM

I think ItGnaw just read Nico's action description as if he were bringing the ground forces from Moll Primus, whereas Nico meant bring 1 over from Arnor (with the 3rd cruiser already in the Arnor-Lor system), yes?

To avoid further confusion, please be clear about all the minutiae of your actions. I.e. rather than this:

View PostNicodimas, on 05 May 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

Action: Move two cruisers-2 from Moll Primus + 2 fighters to activate Arnor/lLor
Invade Lor with one trooper.

How about this:

View PostNicodimas, on 05 May 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

Tactical Action:

Activate the Arnor/Lor system.

Move:
+ Two Cruisers from Moll Primus to Arnor-Lor, each carrying 1 Fighter from Moll Primus
+ The Cruiser already in Arnor-Lor picks up 1 Infantry from Arnor

Commit 1 Infantry to Lor. Invade. Establish Control.

Much clearer where each piece is coming from and going, yes?

I'll add Twelve's PDS fire now.

View PostKhellendros, on 05 May 2018 - 10:42 PM, said:

Incidentally, you can also pick up ships/troops from systems you pass through, which I didn't know before (but cannot drop any off except in the activated system).

Yup, though only from unactivated systems. If a system has your CT in it, it's locked down and your units there can't move out by pretty much any means.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1569 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:05 PM

The way I'm interpreting the rules, he can pick up troops while in transit. Once he unloaded the fighters, he was no longer in transit and would need a second action to pick the troops up.

Edit: nvm. Forgot the cruiser already present.

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 05 May 2018 - 11:07 PM

#1570 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:09 PM

And I guess I don’t understand how fighters count against fleet pool....

#1571 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:25 PM

View PostGnaw, on 05 May 2018 - 11:09 PM, said:

And I guess I don’t understand how fighters count against fleet pool....

As long as there is available capacity for them (or the 3 slots in a Space Dock), they don't count against fleet pool at all. If there isn't available capacity for them, they explode (Fighter I), they count as 1 ship towards fleet pool (Fighter II), or they count as 0.5 ships towards fleet pool (Hybrid Crystal Fighter II).

We don't check fleet pool while the ships are moving, only once they are in a system. So for example:

+ You have 3 systems in a line: A, B and C. A is adjacent to B. B is adjacent to C. A and C are not adjacent.
+ You have a Space Dock and 5 Fighter IIs in system A.
+ You have a Carrier in system C.
+ Your fleet pool is 2.

At the start, you're fine. The Space Dock supports 3 of the fighters, and the other 2 fit within your fleet pool.

Then you can activate system C and move all your fighters to it. We don't check fleet pool while they're moving, so no problem there. Fighter IIs have a movement of 2, so they can cover the distance to C (and they're allowed to move independently, unlike the basic Fighter).

Once they arrive at system C, 4 of the Fighter IIs are supported by the Carrier's Capacity:4, and the fifth Fighter II is not. For fleet supply calculation, system C has 1 Carrier + 1 unsupported Fighter II = 2, so still good!

Make sense?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1572 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:27 PM

View PostGnaw, on 05 May 2018 - 11:05 PM, said:

The way I'm interpreting the rules, he can pick up troops while in transit. Once he unloaded the fighters, he was no longer in transit and would need a second action to pick the troops up.

Edit: nvm. Forgot the cruiser already present.

Nah, apparently you can pick up troops from the activated system destination you've flown into as well (you just can't take them anywhere, but you can swap them between the planets if there's more than one in that system, as in Arnor-Lor).

Apparently you could also activate a system with a carrier (or something else with capacity), move that carrier to another system, pick up troops, and move back to the system you were in (the activated system), and drop them off there, which is weird.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1573 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:49 PM

This is where our forum rules work against me. I would have 2 pds in a live game so would have had another shot at Nico. Bummer.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1574 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:52 AM

View Posttwelve, on 05 May 2018 - 11:49 PM, said:

This is where our forum rules work against me. I would have 2 pds in a live game so would have had another shot at Nico. Bummer.

Where is there a second PDS 2? It’s only where the activation ends 12.

#1575 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:53 AM

I’m mainly am curious actually at this point I’m drinking so ...

You also can’t timetravel 12, PDS only fire once as a note.

#1576 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:02 AM

I was particular attached to that fighter.

A peace treaty against your agressive nature will run 3 TGs now + PN 1:1.

Consideration may be due at this stage.

#1577 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:18 AM

I was particular attached to that fighter.

A peace treaty against your agressive nature will run 3 TGs now + PN for me to ignore you ?...@ 12

I will formally point out , 12 appears to be very aggressive in nature. The quorum would like to be elect a more formal strategist that excels in tactics and order. Who would represent us best?

Commander Adama the 3 ( a cylon ) would like to bring law and on subject of law we should continue to parley.

legionnaire Legolas of the elfin faction feels that a more defensive strategy represents us best.

The future emporer, Joker has a important thing to resolve:

“Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! You know, I just... *do* things.’

The crowd cheers with reckless enthusiasm.....

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 06 May 2018 - 01:19 AM

#1578 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 May 2018 - 02:41 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 06 May 2018 - 12:52 AM, said:

In a live game when IH played Construction I would have to paid the strategy token and built a second pds on his turn so when you took your turn there would have been an additional structure to shoot at you. In the forum game I have to wait until it's my turn to use the secondary actions.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1579 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:34 AM

View Posttwelve, on 06 May 2018 - 02:41 AM, said:

View PostNicodimas, on 06 May 2018 - 12:52 AM, said:

In a live game when IH played Construction I would have to paid the strategy token and built a second pds on his turn so when you took your turn there would have been an additional structure to shoot at you. In the forum game I have to wait until it's my turn to use the secondary actions.

But twelve you didn’t do this .. at all your just merely suggesting this after the fact which makes it kinda moot.

If this your play I’m very comfortable with your aggression.

Is this what you want to do ?

#1580 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:34 AM

Go for it do it .

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

17 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users