Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#1481 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:17 AM

View PostTapper, on 04 May 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 04 May 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 04 May 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

Morgoth, to confirm if on my first turn I use Technology you will give me a free refresh?

Yup, that's the deal.

Anything in particular I can do with regards to a free refresh?

Nah, you're set. I appreciate our friendship and wish for it to continue.

I would suggest though that we change our trade deal to 1:1, now that we've established our borders, and you find yourself in the safe control of what looks to me to be the largest collection of systems on the board.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1482 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:23 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 04 May 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on 04 May 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 04 May 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 04 May 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

Morgoth, to confirm if on my first turn I use Technology you will give me a free refresh?

Yup, that's the deal.

Anything in particular I can do with regards to a free refresh?

Nah, you're set. I appreciate our friendship and wish for it to continue.

I would suggest though that we change our trade deal to 1:1, now that we've established our borders, and you find yourself in the safe control of what looks to me to be the largest collection of systems on the board.

I'm good with that.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1483 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:45 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 04 May 2018 - 06:27 AM, said:

@ 12 for interests of an armistance. I’ll give you these two PNs for 2 trade goods and a PN of support somehow...

This armistance would involve a stand down of PDS 2 for something in both our interests so to speak.

I won’t pillage you also if you choose to parley .This should give a turn to research what you must.

Shows PNs to 12.

Tell me how you want to handle this next turn. Your call.

It's a trap!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1484 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:55 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 04 May 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 04 May 2018 - 05:33 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 04 May 2018 - 05:30 AM, said:

By the way, in the interest of sustained friendship, I will give you a free refresh as long as you give me your word not to steal from me.

Who are you giving the free refresh to? I would appreciate one.

I am sure you would, but I don't see how that would benefit me.

Even though I gave one to you earlier? Figured you would at least teturn the favor once before cutting me off.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1485 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:56 PM

View PostBlend, on 04 May 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

@ 12 for interests of an armistance. I’ll give you these two PNs for 2 trade goods and a PN of support somehow...

This armistance would involve a stand down of PDS 2 for something in both our interests so to speak.

I won’t pillage you also if you choose to parley .This should give a turn to research what you must.

Shows PNs to 12.

It's a trap!

Nico makes deals with Twelve and Morgoth.

Nico want Bacterial Weapon.

Khell eyerolls :D
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1486 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:57 PM

Shows PNs to 12.

I'll take a look at them and we can discuss working something out

#1487 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:05 PM

Shows PNs to 12.

It's a trap!

I still need to hear him out. With how the strategy cards are likely to be played and with Nico getting warfare I won't be able to get 2 tech this round.So if we can work out a deal where I can get my 2 tech and still accomplish my primary goals I need to hear what he has to say.

#1488 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:06 PM

View Posttwelve, on 04 May 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

Shows PNs to 12.

It's a trap!

I still need to hear him out. With how the strategy cards are likely to be played and with Nico getting warfare I won't be able to get 2 tech this round.So if we can work out a deal where I can get my 2 tech and still accomplish my primary goals I need to hear what he has to say.

He is building himself up to be able to cut right through the both of us, you realize this, yes?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1489 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:07 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 04 May 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

Shows PNs to 12.

It's a trap!

Nico makes deals with Twelve and Morgoth.

Nico want Bacterial Weapon.

Khell eyerolls :D

You are really safe from him getting it from me.I don't want that tech available to be later used on me either. Not happening.

#1490 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:10 PM

View PostBlend, on 04 May 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 04 May 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

Shows PNs to 12.

It's a trap!

He is building himself up to be able to cut right through the both of us, you realize this, yes?

Oh I'm aware.

#1491 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:43 PM

Just as a reminder to everyone, for those early trades anyway, Nico can't pillage you unless you already have 3TGs.

#1492 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:48 PM

Also, Morgoth, I assume the fact that you have ignored my offer to do a 1:1 commodities trade with you means you're not interested? I'd very much like to put this last commodity to good use before we get too far into the round.

#1493 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:51 PM

View PostBlend, on 04 May 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

Also, Morgoth, I assume the fact that you have ignored my offer to do a 1:1 commodities trade with you means you're not interested? I'd very much like to put this last commodity to good use before we get too far into the round.

Are all 6 of your commodities assigned?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1494 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:58 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 04 May 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

Are all 6 of your commodities assigned?

None of my commodities post-refresh are assigned yet.

As always, I'll likely ensure that Twelve gets a good swap outta me, but am otherwise open to swaps!

#1495 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:59 PM

ItWasGnaw - Given I'm stuck with the Diplomacy card which means I'd go 2nd anyway, I'm thinking of holding on to the PN you gave me for now. Any issues with this?

This post has been edited by Blend: 04 May 2018 - 02:11 PM

#1496 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:24 PM

you'd get an equal benefit from a card I chose though. I'll allow you a free refresh if you are willing to trade 2:1, otherwise I'm happy to go a 1:1

#1497 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:27 PM

twelve, sure you allowed everyone a free refresh, and that was kind of you and I will keep that in mind when choices fall. A free refresh in turn is hardly something I think you can expect thought without any sort of previous agreement. In the end , this game is not a good vehicle for altruism. Honesty sure, I strive to be honest and dependable in all my dealings, but that's where it ends for me.

#1498 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:38 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 04 May 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

you'd get an equal benefit from a card I chose though. I'll allow you a free refresh if you are willing to trade 2:1, otherwise I'm happy to go a 1:1

No, I mean, pre-round - you still have a commodity from last round, right? So do I - wanna swap them?

I get the free trade secondary whether you like it or not, it's my racial feature, so I'm not going to negotiate that with you.

We can discuss post-refresh commodities swaps, but I'm still going to give precedence to those around me and anyone who can/will do something about Nico.

#1499 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:49 PM

Nico is showing Twelve 2 PNs and IH 1 PNs

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1500 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:59 PM

View PostTapper, on 04 May 2018 - 05:05 AM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 03 May 2018 - 09:38 PM, said:

Tapper are we trading commodities? How many? I'm up for 3 for 3 for simplicity's sake.

We said a 2:2 as standing agreement last round, and I have 1 commodity committed to Morgoth as well, making 2:2 my only option.

Okey
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

48 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 48 guests, 0 anonymous users