• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#81 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:52 PM

Picking of strategy cards goes down or up the numbers? Clockwise or counter?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#82 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:04 AM

View PostGnaw, on 12 April 2018 - 11:52 PM, said:

Picking of strategy cards goes down or up the numbers? Clockwise or counter?

Picking goes clockwise starting with the Speaker, so since Tapper is the starting Speaker for Round 1 it will be: Tapper > Morgoth > Khell > Twelve > Blend > IH > Nico > Tatts > ItGnaws

When it is your turn to pick you can pick any strategy card that hasn't been picked yet.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#83 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:49 AM

huh, I didn't realise the trade system had changed so drastically.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#84 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:17 AM

View PostTapper, on 12 April 2018 - 10:51 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 12 April 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

Hmm, when do ww start picking strategy cards? Is there anything from stopping Tapper from picking tonight?

I am hoping to formalize my initial talks about borders with my neighbours before picking a card.

I was also hoping I could offer my dear neighbours to NOT pick a certain card of their choice in return for trade goods, but the Rules Reference mention 'active player's turn' for all Transactions, while in the Strategy phase, it carefully avoids both 'active player' and 'turn' (instead mentioning 'Starting with the Speaker and proceeding clockwise'), so I do not think that would fly :-)

Having looked over the map some more, I think we can work out an acceptable deal. As it stands I have two neighbouring systems, but limited options for further expansion. I will, however, accept your control of Centauri-Gral as long as I can move through that system to claim Bereg-Lirta. This will leave you with uncontested control of your four closest systems, and free access to the A wormhole. In return I get access to a good system and an opening into the greater galaxy.

This way you and I will have several options going forwards, without getting bogged down in costly border buildups. We are both factions focused on warfare, and I think we'd suffer if all that potential got wasted fighting each other.

It might be pertinent to exchange notes to secure our mutual friendship, but from what I gather we need to have bordering systems first?

#85 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:57 AM

This might be a stupid question, but is it possible to claim two planets in an uncontested system with a single ground force? Never mind. I looked at the rules again.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 13 April 2018 - 06:45 AM

#86 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:35 AM

Khell since neither one of us know what we are doing how about we take the systems that allow us to border each other, be friends, and figure this trade thing out? What do you say?
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#87 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:47 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 13 April 2018 - 05:17 AM, said:

Hmm, when do ww start picking strategy cards? Is there anything from stopping Tapper from picking tonight?

I am hoping to formalize my initial talks about borders with my neighbours before picking a card.

I was also hoping I could offer my dear neighbours to NOT pick a certain card of their choice in return for trade goods, but the Rules Reference mention 'active player's turn' for all Transactions, while in the Strategy phase, it carefully avoids both 'active player' and 'turn' (instead mentioning 'Starting with the Speaker and proceeding clockwise'), so I do not think that would fly :-)

Having looked over the map some more, I think we can work out an acceptable deal. As it stands I have two neighbouring systems, but limited options for further expansion. I will, however, accept your control of Centauri-Gral as long as I can move through that system to claim Bereg-Lirta. This will leave you with uncontested control of your four closest systems, and free access to the A wormhole. In return I get access to a good system and an opening into the greater galaxy.

This way you and I will have several options going forwards, without getting bogged down in costly border buildups. We are both factions focused on warfare, and I think we'd suffer if all that potential got wasted fighting each other.

It might be pertinent to exchange notes to secure our mutual friendship, but from what I gather we need to have bordering systems first?

I agree with most of your proposal, but considering Bereg-Lirta will give you access to the Alpha wormhole as well, blocks my access to Mecatol Rex while giving you an ideal staging ground there and it having 3 production over Centauri-Gral, I would suggest a mandatory trade of commodities that is in my favor (2 of yours for 1 of mine, each round) gives us economic parity.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#88 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:00 AM

Anyway, I will pick Leadership as my strategy card.

Edited for bolding my choice.

This post has been edited by Tapper: 13 April 2018 - 03:26 PM

#89 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:10 AM

View PostTapper, on 13 April 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

I agree with most of your proposal, but considering Bereg-Lirta will give you access to the Alpha wormhole as well, blocks my access to Mecatol Rex while giving you an ideal staging ground there and it having 3 production over Centauri-Gral, I would suggest a mandatory trade of commodities that is in my favor (2 of yours for 1 of mine, each round) gives us economic parity.

Hm, very well. With the understanding that I will claim Centauri-Graal this round, but will vacate the system the following turn.

#90 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:11 AM

I pick Logistics

#91 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:12 AM

Khell, may I suggest an equal trade of 1 against 1 commodity as an added incentive to keep our hopefully agreed border peaceful?

#92 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:20 AM

Morgoth, say you move into a system and put GF's on the planet is that when you can exhaust the planet for its resources?

So turn one move into a system, put groundforces and exhaust planet?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#93 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:27 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 13 April 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

Morgoth, say you move into a system and put GF's on the planet is that when you can exhaust the planet for its resources?

So turn one move into a system, put groundforces and exhaust planet?

No, planets become exhausted either through the use of their production/influence value, or through being claimed/conquered. When you wish to produce in a system with space dock you exhaust planets you control in order to get the amount of resources you want (right now that can only be your starting planets). The planets you claim this round will first be available to you the following round, and so on. As you claim more systems you will be able to spend more resources or influence and so it goes.

#94 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:51 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 13 April 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on 13 April 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

Hm, very well. With the understanding that I will claim Centauri-Graal this round, but will vacate the system the following turn.

Acceptable.
Summary of everything:

1. Centauri-Gral and Tura-Nora are Sardakk space, Daemon and Bereg-Lirta are Nekro space.
2. This turn, you get access to Centauri-Gral but you vacate its planets and space next turn on your way to Bereg-Lirta.
3. We do a one-time exchange of promissory notes the moment we border one another, and in addition, every round I grant you 1 commodity in return for 2 of yours.

#95 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:03 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 13 April 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

Khell, may I suggest an equal trade of 1 against 1 commodity as an added incentive to keep our hopefully agreed border peaceful?

I'll let you know once I've actually found a bit of time to study the map properly, but I'll probably say yes.

Anyways, I pick Technology
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#96 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:06 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 12 April 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

Fellow flesh pods Solarians of Jord, we find the Arinam-Meer system to be a natural and absolute part of our cultural sphere, but make no claim on Saudor. We have no need for Quann, but might have to move through it at some point, though I am sure we can find an mutual beneficial agreement to that effect when it becomes necessary. Biological entity to biological entity.

***Glances up momentarily from iPhone8000***

Yeah, cool bro, whatever.

***Goes back to swiping through SpaceTinder***

#97 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:14 PM

View Posttwelve, on 13 April 2018 - 06:35 AM, said:

Khell since neither one of us know what we are doing how about we take the systems that allow us to border each other, be friends, and figure this trade thing out? What do you say?

Look, we might be neighbours, but we really don't want some dorky space nerds cramping our style. You just stay at your end of the canteen, and I'll stay over here, at the cool kids table, get me? Alright, look, I'll throw you a bone - if, sometimes, I can't be bothered with all this reading and studying and other rubbish which will never be useful at any point, why don't you let me just copy your answers, and in exchange, I might, you know, exchange a word or two with you in the hallway as we pass each other. You know, give you a bit of cred, because you sure could use it.

#98 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:17 PM

Gnaw/Nom if we create a border in the system I mentioned then we can trade commodities 1 for 1.

Nico if you want to exchange PN's then that'd be cool and gives you options seem as you are quite near a wormhole. Morgoth has already stated he would rather attack players as far away as possible and is being friendly with both Khell and Tapper for now. You can hold my PN as a deterrent.

Thoughts?

Twelve similar offer to you regarding my PN, as you look quite limited in your movement. I like the look of your PN but it depends on what you'd research first. We can discuss that when it comes closer to you making a decision.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#99 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:11 PM

To Gnaw and Itwaes:

The Envoy of the Sardakk offer you a pact.

1. Corneeo-Resculon is yours,
2. Zej Rajja and Mehar Xull are mine;
3. You stay out of Sardakk space and we stay out of Naalu space;
4. I will not move ships into the empty hex between Zej Rajja and Mesculon as that could threaten your homeworld;
5. We trade 1 commodity with one another each round.

Agreed-upon borders and mutually beneficial trade will make the N'orr strong. And a strong Sardakk N'orr will look for opportunities far away, instead of coveting our neighbours possessions.

#100 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:13 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 13 April 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

Gnaw/Nom if we create a border in the system I mentioned then we can trade commodities 1 for 1.

Nico if you want to exchange PN's then that'd be cool and gives you options seem as you are quite near a wormhole. Morgoth has already stated he would rather attack players as far away as possible and is being friendly with both Khell and Tapper for now. You can hold my PN as a deterrent.

Thoughts?

Twelve similar offer to you regarding my PN, as you look quite limited in your movement. I like the look of your PN but it depends on what you'd research first. We can discuss that when it comes closer to you making a decision.

Are we even playing with PNs? And if so, where can I see them?

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users