• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Twilight Imperium (I) - Chatty Thread

#1961 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:08 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 11 May 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

Fyi on the zohbat ploy, if twelve remains as having the lowest number of VP, by my reading he could choose himself as the player to reoccupy the planet, so he'd lose some troops but not the planet.

The PDS and Space Dock would also be destroyed, but yes control of the planet does not have to change players if the owner of the chosen planet has the lowest number of VP (or tied for it).

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1962 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:10 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 11 May 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

Fyi on the zohbat ploy, if twelve remains as having the lowest number of VP, by my reading he could choose himself as the player to reoccupy the planet, so he'd lose some troops but not the planet.

Actually this is not true.. your clearly missing the red button. Surprised you haven’t figured it out.

/shows 12 red button. /Grins evilly at 12
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1963 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:30 PM

View PostGnaw, on 10 May 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

View PostNicodimas, on 10 May 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 10 May 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

Her fussy Holiness won't show this to anyone except Blend for completely silly understandable reasons.

AX | Emergency Repairs | Play during space combat | At the start or end of a combat round repair all of your units that have Sustain Damage in the active system.

I don't see myself needing that anytime soon. Anyone interested? *cough* *12* *cough*

Don't give that to 12, you'll just motivate him to do something that they shouldn't lol.

What part of "not a threat to me or from me" are you not understanding?

View Posttwelve, on 10 May 2018 - 07:20 PM, said:

What with all of my dreads I have floating around that might be very handy indeed. But until I get it back to reassign there's not much I can do. Tapper also might want a say on who also gets it next. When I get it back we can talk.

What else do you have to offer? And remember Blend would need to be reimbursed for any pillage losses incurred during the transaction.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1964 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:32 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 11 May 2018 - 05:39 AM, said:

Gnaw and Tapper, depending on what i chose to do, i may need to enter the wormhole hex this round. I'll pull out again though.

I'm looking at the map and trying to figure out where you'd be wanting to go that direction. Not seeing anywhere I'm comfortable having you go...
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1965 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:47 PM

View PostGnaw, on 11 May 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 10 May 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

View PostNicodimas, on 10 May 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 10 May 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

Her fussy Holiness won't show this to anyone except Blend for completely silly understandable reasons.

AX | Emergency Repairs | Play during space combat | At the start or end of a combat round repair all of your units that have Sustain Damage in the active system.

I don't see myself needing that anytime soon. Anyone interested? *cough* *12* *cough*

Don't give that to 12, you'll just motivate him to do something that they shouldn't lol.

What part of "not a threat to me or from me" are you not understanding?

View Posttwelve, on 10 May 2018 - 07:20 PM, said:

What with all of my dreads I have floating around that might be very handy indeed. But until I get it back to reassign there's not much I can do. Tapper also might want a say on who also gets it next. When I get it back we can talk.

What else do you have to offer? And remember Blend would need to be reimbursed for any pillage losses incurred during the transaction.

At the moment outside of generic pns not much. I'd love to have it sure but not sure I can afford it is more the problem.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1966 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 12 May 2018 - 07:44 AM

Do Bears wear socks?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1967 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 12 May 2018 - 10:01 AM

View PostGnaw, on 11 May 2018 - 09:32 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 11 May 2018 - 05:39 AM, said:

Gnaw and Tapper, depending on what i chose to do, i may need to enter the wormhole hex this round. I'll pull out again though.

I'm looking at the map and trying to figure out where you'd be wanting to go that direction. Not seeing anywhere I'm comfortable having you go...

I guess it might depend on what Tatts or Blend does.

I am fine with you going through, but the 'when' of coming back might be problematic. The wormhole is after all also my way to Mallice and back.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1968 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 12 May 2018 - 11:30 AM

I'm willing to give my remaining 7 votes away for the colonial agenda. 2 tg and no plundering me when blend gives me two from production biomes to vote for zohbat nico?

Or anyone else got an offer? Twelve? Blend? The obvious other target is probably morgoth who seems to be building a mighty fleet.

#1969 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 May 2018 - 01:13 PM

Seriously why are people wanting zohbat.what part of last place and having crappy ships don't people understand? Even when upgraded they are as strong as the base ships.

Blend I'm back on the fence about having a go at Nico.all this talk of removing Zohbat from me means I might have to remove all my troops in preperation of taking it back if I lose the agenda. I had planned on leaving troops there after the assault but now I don't think I can.

#1970 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 May 2018 - 01:16 PM

It's Morgoths go right? He, blend, Khell, and I are the only one not passed yet right?

#1971 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 May 2018 - 01:20 PM

I'd only be voting for zohbat because Nico is the only one offering something for votes.

Happy to vote for something else if an offer is made.

#1972 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 May 2018 - 01:25 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 12 May 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

I'd only be voting for zohbat because Nico is the only one offering something for votes.

Happy to vote for something else if an offer is made.

Definitely will be making offers once agenda rolls around. Waiting on riders to be played first.

#1973 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:37 PM

Ok will listen to any offers if I've not agreed to something beforehand.

#1974 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:02 PM

Even though you'd still have the planet with 1 troop and your armada, Twelve, it would still set you back in terms of invasion plans (but not attacking plans, so you could still give Nico a black eye). Plus, as you have pointed out, it's forcing you NOT to accrue VPs despite being so strong on the board, which is good for everyone else. So that's why somewhere like Zohbat would make sense.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1975 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 12 May 2018 - 07:36 PM

:killingme:
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1976 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 12 May 2018 - 11:26 PM

Where are we up to?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1977 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 12 May 2018 - 11:35 PM

Waiting on Morgoth.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1978 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:50 AM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1979 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:20 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 12 May 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

I'm willing to give my remaining 7 votes away for the colonial agenda. 2 tg and no plundering me when blend gives me two from production biomes to vote for zohbat nico?

Or anyone else got an offer? Twelve? Blend? The obvious other target is probably morgoth who seems to be building a mighty fleet.

If Blend regrets his placement of a Docks on Thibah (especially given his investment in Lodor, whixh has better stats), then this Agenda could be a reset of the Docks for him. Not at all sure that's what he wants, of course - but he would be the only player perhaps interested in wiping their own dock and regaining control immediately.

If someone is adamant to hurt Nico, they might want to target Abyz. Likewise, Bereg against Morgoth or Zohbat against Twelve - all those destroy Docks.

With regard to Morgoth: if he has the secret objective to own 4 Industrial planets, it puts his attack on Saudor (also the road to Lazar and Quecen) and acquisition of Tarmann in a new light.

#1980 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:11 AM

@ Nico: a like-for-like exchange of those PNs would benefit you more than me. I'd be open to a deal on a 1-1 exchange of one of them if you throw in a non-piracy clause for the next few rounds (unless of course I attack you).

Share this topic:

• 276 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

28 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users