• You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars The Mandalorian

#121 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 November 2019 - 11:20 PM

View PostTraveller, on 17 November 2019 - 09:16 AM, said:

Just put Rebels on. You'll probably steam through it, it just gets better, better, then awesome. It has some of my favourite characters and scenes from all of SW.

Clone Wars is a bit different. They're in a bit of an odd order, there are some that arent as good as the rest; but there are also a number of arcs that are just.. essential. The Clone troopers go from background characters to leading ones and get some great war stories. Obi Wan gets a relationship and more Maul, plus his brother. Boba Fett and the other bounty hunters get some cool arcs and background.
Anakin gets so much character development that it eclipses the movies. And makes it more believable that he would turn when he does in RotS. And we get Ahsoka. Who becomes one of the best characters in SW imo. She's my favourite anyway.

I'd say watch all of them. If you hit a Jar Jar or droid ep that seems slower, or you're not getting into it, skip to the next, and find the good ones.
(Although some Artoo ones are great)

It's interesting that the Mandalorian is getting so much praise when it essentially Rebels live-action. It shows how many people have disregarded the shows previously, and they're only now going to get the attention they deserve.

To assist: if the CLONE WARS episode or arc focuses on: droids, Padme, or Jar Jar, you can cheerfully skip it and be confident you are missing none of the bigger story.

This post has been edited by Abyss: 19 November 2019 - 04:12 AM

THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#122 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 18 November 2019 - 11:22 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 18 November 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

So my daughter ran across a breakdown of the Mandalorian by someone on Youtube. This guy (or someone else) figured out that
Spoiler

I believe was Darth Plagieus
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#123 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 18 November 2019 - 11:26 PM

View PostAbyss, on 18 November 2019 - 11:20 PM, said:

Just put Rebels on. You'll probably steam through it, it just gets better, better, then awesome. It has some of my favourite characters and scenes from all of SW.

Clone Wars is a bit different. They're in a bit of an odd order, there are some that arent as good as the rest; but there are also a number of arcs that are just.. essential. The Clone troopers go from background characters to leading ones and get some great war stories. Obi Wan gets a relationship and more Maul, plus his brother. Boba Fett and the other bounty hunters get some cool arcs and background.
Anakin gets so much character development that it eclipses the movies. And makes it more believable that he would turn when he does in RotS. And we get Ahsoka. Who becomes one of the best characters in SW imo. She's my favourite anyway.

I'd say watch all of them. If you hit a Jar Jar or droid ep that seems slower, or you're not getting into it, skip to the next, and find the good ones.

It's interesting that the Mandalorian is getting so much praise when it essentially Rebels live-action. It shows how many people have disregarded the shows previously, and they're only now going to get the attention they deserve.

To assist: if the REBELS episode or arc focuses on: droids, Padme, or Jar Jar, you can cheerfully skip it and be confident you are missing none of the bigger story.

You mean Clone Wars, right?
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#124 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 19 November 2019 - 12:07 AM

View PostTraveller, on 18 November 2019 - 11:26 PM, said:

To assist: if the REBELS episode or arc focuses on: droids, Padme, or Jar Jar, you can cheerfully skip it and be confident you are missing none of the bigger story.

I hope so, otherwise I’m very confused.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#125 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:14 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 19 November 2019 - 12:07 AM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 18 November 2019 - 11:26 PM, said:

I hope so, otherwise I’m very confused.

Yep, corrected. REBELS had very few 'filler' eps and even those tended to quality.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#126 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 19 November 2019 - 10:41 PM

I watched the Clone Wars movie and the first ep. No complaints, I expected this series to be a bit kiddy. I don't think my completionist mind will allow me to skip episodes, but I might as well say I'm all-in on TCW (maybe even rewatch the prequels, what can I say) and then Rebels, even if TCW has bad eps here and there. Thanks to all for the advice!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#127 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 November 2019 - 12:42 AM

Masterfully fanfn'tsatic.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#128 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:44 PM

Episode 3....Holeeeeeeee fuck! So good!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#129 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 22 November 2019 - 09:57 PM

So, so good!!

I just love it, what a great episode. Who thinks the end credits music is kind of familiar, like the end of an 80's cop show?

This post has been edited by Traveller: 22 November 2019 - 10:08 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#130 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 November 2019 - 07:23 PM

I was just now able to watch Ep3. Super good.

My wife likes a lot of the same stuff, but not Star Wars, yet even she likes this.

Whenever I put Star Wars on, she's always like...not Star Trek. Just to piss me off. But when the episode went off she muttered, what it's over already? I had to smile.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#131 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 24 November 2019 - 02:24 AM

Ep 3 watched, and enjoyed.

Spoiler

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#132 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 November 2019 - 07:53 PM

Spoiler

#133 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 November 2019 - 08:10 PM

View Postworry, on 26 November 2019 - 07:53 PM, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 26 November 2019 - 08:26 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#134 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 November 2019 - 08:24 PM

Also, DAMN! This is the way.

https://www.syfy.com...-watched-series

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 26 November 2019 - 08:25 PM

#135 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:13 AM

Thanks for all that, QT!

Spoiler

This post has been edited by worry: 27 November 2019 - 08:14 AM

#136 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:03 PM

No prob, there is a tonne of lore here to dive through, and two distinct "eras" of Mandalore proper.

#137 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 27 November 2019 - 04:53 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 27 November 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

No prob, there is a tonne of lore here to dive through, and two distinct "eras" of Mandalore proper.

Speaking of Mandalore, is the "destruction" of the planet referenced in the hideout (that sent all the Mandalorians into hiding) a result of what we get a glimpse of during Rebels or is there an event (or series of events) that takes place after that we haven't really been clued in to yet? Except for Mando's flashbacks, maybe?

Also, just heard on the radio this morning that Hasbro will NOT have any merchandise of you-know-who out in time for Christmas. This seems like a colossal F up by Disney/Hasbro as I've heard multiple grown men my age that want a plush one, let alone every girl and woman that has seen the show. This could easily have been the biggest in-demand gift this season and they've missed the boat. Someone did mention that perhaps they had cold feet about it since they expected the porgs (I believe that's what they're called, the annoying bug eyed guinea pigs from TLJ) to be a hit and they fell quite flat.

#138 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 November 2019 - 05:23 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 27 November 2019 - 04:53 PM, said:

Speaking of Mandalore, is the "destruction" of the planet referenced in the hideout (that sent all the Mandalorians into hiding) a result of what we get a glimpse of during Rebels or is there an event (or series of events) that takes place after that we haven't really been clued in to yet? Except for Mando's flashbacks, maybe?

Spoiler tagged for people like Worry who are only now working through the old animated shows which dive into some of the genesis of this...

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 27 November 2019 - 05:25 PM

#139 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:05 PM

Also, just heard on the radio this morning that Hasbro will NOT have any merchandise of you-know-who out in time for Christmas. This seems like a colossal F up by Disney/Hasbro as I've heard multiple grown men my age that want a plush one, let alone every girl and woman that has seen the show. This could easily have been the biggest in-demand gift this season and they've missed the boat. Someone did mention that perhaps they had cold feet about it since they expected the porgs (I believe that's what they're called, the annoying bug eyed guinea pigs from TLJ) to be a hit and they fell quite flat.

I saw that also. The article I read claimed it was because they were trying to keep the character a secret.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#140 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:16 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 27 November 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

I saw that also. The article I read claimed it was because they were trying to keep the character a secret.

And to be fair, marketing / toy leaks are the absolute WORST leakiest parts of any film promotion, so it 100% would have spoiled the reveal weeks before it debuted, so I mean....I get it.

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users