• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E3 2018 speculation Electronic Entertainment Expo

#121 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:20 PM

Wait... did CEO guy say they were streaming the games or is it still a download? Surely they didn't crack the onlive code just yet?

#122 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:21 PM

is it just EA tooday?

#123 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:21 PM

View PostCause, on 09 June 2018 - 07:20 PM, said:

View PostAlternative Goose, on 09 June 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

Just wait. I am sure the best micro-transaction experts have been busy deep in the pits of EAs hellscape trying to develop a whole new form of DLC that the world has never seen before.

Loot Spheres?

They've aerosolized the content. Now you can huff the weapon skins.

#124 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:24 PM

Running commentary for EA :

-I already know EA's buzzword for this time- "community"

Battlefield will be @ Microsoft's stage? So I'm guessing no anthem there then?
-and, of course, Battlefield Battle Royale...

-that was beyond short. we're into FIFA already? Ugh, Ronaldo.....

Nice nod to Iceland there re: World Cup.

oh, no... Andrew Wilson is talking about "games as a service" again. Shockingly brief.

ooh, Respawn--a name- Jedi: Fallen Order- due holidays 2019. Eh.

And now let's hear how Dice is trying to fix Battlefront II after the loot box debacle

The Yarny guy is back! Incidentally- fun fact: apparently all proceeds from these EA Originals- games go directly to the devs and not to EA. Might look into Fe and this now.
-gotta hand it to EA- they knew just what they needed to bring back to make themselves sound human again.

Sea of Solitude.... this sounds familiar? Might've seen a preview on RPS? -intriguing

-and now, more sports. Followed by e-sports and cringe. and more sports

Errr.. wat? Mobile games? shoutcasted mobile games? Oh. This is what they turned Command & Conquer into... sigh..... How low have we fallen....

Andrew Wilson talking about "choice". This is his "lootboxes are choice" speech.
-"know that we want to be better. But we need to make money"

And now, Anthem:
-Trailer pretty.
-But is there an actual story behind it?
-ooh, a "deep dive", a la Sony.

-hmm, split action/world and story/personal.
-so basically "questing" is split between action and story. Interesting approach. Does this mean that everyone's "base" is instanced to just that player? (Edit: yeah, it's confirmed that each person's "base" gets their own story consequences) /edit
-microtransactions are cosmetic only.
-each player has access to all 4 suits/classes- but I'm gonna presume each will be levelled separately.

-erm... that was pretty brief. Clearly cut.
-ooh, a release date! same day as Days Gone.

Well, Brief, and mostly to the point. No major surprises.

Anthem looks okay, but nothing super crazy.
EA tried to humanize itself again... and then it reminded me about killing Westwood with that C&C mobile game. Terrible fail.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 09 June 2018 - 07:35 PM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#125 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:28 PM

IGN post-conference has a Bioware person someone that tried the demo walking through the Anthem info. Some tidbits there

View PostCause, on 09 June 2018 - 07:21 PM, said:

is it just EA tooday?

Yeah

EDIT: regarding Anthem: there's a preview from someone who played the demo already

http://ca.ign.com/ar...whole-new-world

I'm expecting many more preview articles in the next few weeks

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 09 June 2018 - 07:42 PM

#126 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:30 PM

I am at the Yarny bit. That coop mechanic is lifted straight out of Knack 2. Shame! SHAME!

#127 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:40 PM

I'm watching the EA originals bit right now. That whole segment is a great PR segment for EA.

Small creative games, passionate developers, lots of emotion. It's the complete opposite of the cynical AAA marketing driven big presentations.

And Sea of Solitude looks great. Feel like it was unveiled somewhere else years ago though. Maybe gamescom or The Paris show?

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 09 June 2018 - 07:41 PM

#128 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:46 PM

The best thing they announced was Unravel Two. I never played the original, but I remember it was held up as an example of what the latest consoles can do.

The Battlefield V was as per usual. Some nice progression announcements and my buzzword prediction held true - Battle Royale.

Sea of Solitude looks interesting, but I'd need to see more. But man, some of the presenters are not ready for the stage/spotlight. Probably should have a few lower key experiences of public speaking under their belt before taking the stage at E3.

Star Wars Battlefront was basically "we know we fucked up and are going to do better" mantra. So you will get the Han Solo movie enviorments in a future expansion. And also Clone Wars. *que hand jerk gesture .... Who cares.

I thought the Anthem presentation was shit. The panel sucked and kept saying the same thing ---- blah blah blah, creation of the gods, world can kill you, chaos in the world, world is always changing being remade. And that ditzy host kept asking the same questions too. It's like they got together before hitting the stage and were like - "guys we only have 10 min of material but have to fill half an hour, what are we going to do?!" "Lets just keep hammering our key points"

The game play demo was not bad, but it wasn't much more then they showed last E3. This is definitely a game I will need to see reviews meet my threshold before I consider buying.

#129 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:57 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 09 June 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

I'm watching the EA originals bit right now. That whole segment is a great PR segment for EA.

Small creative games, passionate developers, lots of emotion. It's the complete opposite of the cynical AAA marketing driven big presentations.

And Sea of Solitude looks great. Feel like it was unveiled somewhere else years ago though. Maybe gamescom or The Paris show?

As per RPS, originally it was unveiled in 2015 as an episodic adventure game.

Sea of Solitude looks interesting, but I'd need to see more. But man, some of the presenters are not ready for the stage/spotlight. Probably should have a few lower key experiences of public speaking under their belt before taking the stage at E3.

That's the whole POINT of these segments- the first time they brought the Unravel guy on, he cried on the stage, and it was the most heart-warming moment of that E3. This is EA trying to show that there might be some humanity left in Andrew Wilson's black, shriveled heart.

Of course, then right after they bring out C&C mobile, and right away everyone is reminded of EA's garden graveyard where it buried all the studios it killed, which kinda defeats the point.,

EDIT: according to GameInformer- there will be no romances in Anthem- but there will be "friendship moments"

okay, done with this thread for today- gonna head out and drink. Back tomorrow for first part of Microsoft.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 09 June 2018 - 08:10 PM

#130 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 June 2018 - 08:31 PM

That conference was incredibly sparse.

The Anthem info was definitely with it though. I like the look of the gameplay. The mech combat looks heavy and all those targeting reticules and numbers popping up gives it a feel of a good mix between for and arcade.

#131 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 June 2018 - 08:41 PM

The Madden brah segment was cringe worthy. But see, people hate it when EA does the sports game presentations, but you guys do realize the FIFA titles are some of the most popular/best selling titles world wide, right? Also, eSports (and professional leagues) are starting to explode. With some financially successful heavy hitters putting their money behind it.

#132 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:18 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 09 June 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

The Madden brah segment was cringe worthy. But see, people hate it when EA does the sports game presentations, but you guys do realize the FIFA titles are some of the most popular/best selling titles world wide, right? Also, eSports (and professional leagues) are starting to explode. With some financially successful heavy hitters putting their money behind it.

Yes, they are. It's why all the wishes from Bioware fans that EA should just die and let Bioware go free will never come true- because EA Sports is a juggernaut, and all the "AAA" games EA puts out are just icing on its financial cake.

All the same, a lot of this crowd are people who quite literally buy one game a year-be it FIFA or Madden. Most of them don't care about E3, and would probably not consider themselves "gamers" (not that there's anything wrong with that), so really, EA's cringiest bits are generally aimed at the segment of the audience least likely to care about E3.

#133 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:25 PM

Anyone else vehemently resent being called a gamer? Gaming does not define me. Gaming is not my identity.

We don't walk around labling people readers and viewers and listeners just because they read a book or watch TV or listen to a music as though this is their defining characteristic. There's more nuances to a human being.

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 09 June 2018 - 09:27 PM

#134 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:10 PM

We are motivated by money but there is something extra cringe worthy of having this guy say he had to chase the money. At least have him speak of his love of the game etc. Not the size of the tournemenet pot.ymoo hem

#135 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:51 AM

That EA conference felt shockingly sparse of actual gameplay footage (aside from the mobile game). It's as if they never heard of 'show, don't tell' and sent on person after person to describe rather than display these games and features. Even in the 20-minute Anthem segment it felt palpable.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#136 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:46 AM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 09 June 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

Anyone else vehemently resent being called a gamer? Gaming does not define me. Gaming is not my identity.

We don't walk around labling people readers and viewers and listeners just because they read a book or watch TV or listen to a music as though this is their defining characteristic. There's more nuances to a human being.

I hear you. Gaming is something I do. It does. Not defy me. That said their is def a distinction between people who read fashion magazines, fiction and people who read academic tomes. Similarly there is def a reason to distinguish people who buy thousand rand titles for their ps4 vs people who think freemium games. On their cellphone Are Fun while popping.

CnC Rivals #notmyCnC

#137 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:52 AM

Leaked Just Cause 4 marketing pics:

https://m.imgur.com/a/Kc7rJoQ

Even though I played through Just Cause 3 twice I have a very low opinion of that game. I hope they fix the writing and create a world that doesn't just feel like copy paste villages and military installations.

I loved the size of the bases in 3 but that game was incredibly shallow.

#138 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:12 PM

Assassin's Creed Odyssey screenshots leaked prior to Ubisoft's presser (Google-fu if you want to see them).

Damn, I called that one too (the shared assets theory), as Assassin's Creed Odyssey looks like Origins, cept different location and maybe a little bit of a different skin on the NPCs to make them look like they are from ancient Greece.

Is Assassin's Creed Odyssey due to come out this year?

I'm pretty good at this stuff. Do you guys think I should entertain the idea of being a journalist where my primary focus would be writing about video games? J/K You guys don't need to answer. Posted ImagePosted Image

#139 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:05 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 10 June 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

Assassin's Creed Odyssey screenshots leaked prior to Ubisoft's presser (Google-fu if you want to see them).

Damn, I called that one too (the shared assets theory), as Assassin's Creed Odyssey looks like Origins, cept different location and maybe a little bit of a different skin on the NPCs to make them look like they are from ancient Greece.

Is Assassin's Creed Odyssey due to come out this year?

I'm pretty good at this stuff. Do you guys think I should entertain the idea of being a journalist where my primary focus would be writing about video games? J/K You guys don't need to answer. Posted ImagePosted Image

supposedly next year. Skull and Bones was suppposed to be their Q4 release this year, but they pushed it back to not overlap with RDR2

They might still do Watch Dogs 3, or maybe the new Splinter Cell this year.

#140 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:20 PM

Microsoft is boasting 15 "world premiers" for its conference.

I suppose we should start counting how many of those will be over a minute long.

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users