• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Recent Netflix series

#21 User is offline   flea 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:27 PM

Dark is my favorite viewing of the summer. The ending was a bit of deus ex machina, yet it still makes some sense.

#22 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 26 August 2019 - 12:42 PM

I'm trying to avoid spoilers on thread for the rest of S2, but I blitzed through Season 1 (probably faster than I've binged ANYTHING in my life so far) and I was utterly blown away with how incredible this show is. My gods.

Now I'm on ep 2 of S2 and it's getting even better!

Man, a part of me feels stupid for not getting on board before now and a part of me is glad I didn't since I was able to go right from S1 into S2 without waiting (And did everyone hear that the 3rd [and final] season, which I heard was always the plan, is shooting right now?!).

Side chatter: I NEED Season 1 Jonas's yellow jacket. My gods. I was on the props reddit for DARK and the costume designer responded that it was custom-made for the show when a ton of other people asked about it, but that there are allegories out there that she based it on...now I just gotta find something similar for a reasonable price. But I want that fucking COAT!

Speaking of his coat, some of the tonal/design allegories on this show are so subtle and fantastic...like Jonas in 2052 wearing the radiation suit with yellow outside and dark inside...that's some next fucking level foreshadowing from Season 1!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#23 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 26 August 2019 - 06:09 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 26 August 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

I'm trying to avoid spoilers on thread for the rest of S2, but I blitzed through Season 1 (probably faster than I've binged ANYTHING in my life so far) and I was utterly blown away with how incredible this show is. My gods.

Now I'm on ep 2 of S2 and it's getting even better!

Man, a part of me feels stupid for not getting on board before now and a part of me is glad I didn't since I was able to go right from S1 into S2 without waiting (And did everyone hear that the 3rd [and final] season, which I heard was always the plan, is shooting right now?!).

Side chatter: I NEED Season 1 Jonas's yellow jacket. My gods. I was on the props reddit for DARK and the costume designer responded that it was custom-made for the show when a ton of other people asked about it, but that there are allegories out there that she based it on...now I just gotta find something similar for a reasonable price. But I want that fucking COAT!

Speaking of his coat, some of the tonal/design allegories on this show are so subtle and fantastic...like Jonas in 2052 wearing the radiation suit with yellow outside and dark inside...that's some next fucking level foreshadowing from Season 1!

Definitely avoid the spoiler tags until you're done with S2. Then join in and discuss your theories! Being able to binge 1 & 2 straight through is a huge bonus. We watched both seasons straight through AFTER we reviewed the last few of S1 and then S2 when it dropped. And even then it was riveting. The writers/showrunners seem to have this plotted out meticulously.

That funny that you mention Jonas' raincoat. My daughter went online hunting for one when we finished S2. I think she did find one somewhere obscure but it was not cheap. (Like somewhere between $80 and $130 if my hazy brain recalls correctly.) I myself would really like to get my hands on one of those lights!

We read that S3 will be the final one. I think that may be perfect. There's nothing worse than a show that runs too long. There is a lot to cover though...

This post has been edited by paran falcon: 26 August 2019 - 06:11 PM

#24 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 August 2019 - 02:56 PM

I need to know who did casting on this show. They deserve every award ever. The young, middle, and old versions of everyone are so beyond spot on...like fuck...how do people that look so similar in different age categories exist outside familial groups in the German acting community. If you told me, for example, that like Old Lady Claudia and Young Kid Claudia were a part of the same family, I'd believe you.

Also, can we talk about the soundtrack? Man, I found a sweet ass playlist on Spotify of it and I love it...also, anyone notice that the "non-score song" that seems to play over footage in each and every episode starts at around the 33 minute mark...there is a different song in every episode late in the ep...and I just noticed it starts at around that time interval every ep. I mean....my gods...the forethought that must have gone into that.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#25 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:58 PM

Finished Season 2 last night. Man, this show is simply incredible throughout. I can't think of any episodes that had any lacklustre aspects to them. And I loved the S2 ending.

Now, the long wait till Season 3 (likely next summer?).

Goddamn this is one of the best shows of this type I've watched in a long time.

#26 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 September 2019 - 06:35 PM

I found and bought a close copy of Jonas’ coat! The inside of the hood is a grey (instead of dark blue), but the yellow and blue on the detailing is SO spot on for the rest of the look.

For the curious: https://oldnavy.gapc...1&pid=452613003

#27 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 22 April 2020 - 10:23 AM

Finished the last episode of season 2 this morning.

What a frustrating finale! I'll echo the above praise and say this is some of the best television I've seen in ages.

I love timetravel stories when they get stupidly convoluted. I am starting to get a bit frustrated by the "locked in" time loop, things happening because they already happened, people doing what they need to do because they already happened, etc.

Better put this in a spoiler box for Season 1 and 2:

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 22 April 2020 - 10:28 AM

#28 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:11 PM

Season 3 trailer!

Gods, this looks so dope...also, more new characters? My head gone explode.

#29 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 27 May 2020 - 01:10 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 27 May 2020 - 12:11 PM, said:

Season 3 trailer!

And its so close to release! I'm trying to figure out who the new figure(s) could be. I know at one point Claudia says to Jonas (I believe) that she has seen a world where he doesn't exist and its not a good thing. Maybe the new person is from an/the alternate that fills a space Jonas would've occupied? We watched an 11 minute breakdown of this preview and in still shots Marta was seen in a Jonas-type yellow raincoat...
SO freaking excited!! Will likely watch all of S2 again leading up. If not 1 and 2.

#30 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 May 2020 - 03:16 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 27 May 2020 - 01:10 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 27 May 2020 - 12:11 PM, said:

Season 3 trailer!

And its so close to release! I'm trying to figure out who the new figure(s) could be. I know at one point Claudia says to Jonas (I believe) that she has seen a world where he doesn't exist and its not a good thing. Maybe the new person is from an/the alternate that fills a space Jonas would've occupied? We watched an 11 minute breakdown of this preview and in still shots Marta was seen in a Jonas-type yellow raincoat...
SO freaking excited!! Will likely watch all of S2 again leading up. If not 1 and 2.

The Marta who shows up with the travel ball device at the end of S2 is the place where I expect the new faces to pop up from, but when or where that is...who knows.

#31 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:02 PM

WOO!

#32 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 12 June 2020 - 01:03 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 12 June 2020 - 12:02 PM, said:

WOO!

OMG!! That looks incredible! I'm starting to fear it can't possibly live up to what my expectations are becoming but they've done a remarkable job of it so far. Yet I have no clue how they will do this, what direction this will all go. If this season even comes close to living up, I'll give a standing ovation right in my family room. I keep forgetting to check; this show MUST be raking in TONS of awards in Germany, at least, right?! Its certainly become probably my favorite show of the last 10 years. I can't think of another I've enjoyed this intensely with few to no complaints along the way. Maybe Stranger Things is close, with the 80s nostalgia being so strong for me.

#33 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 June 2020 - 01:14 PM

Do you guys know if it'll be released as an episode a week or a full season dump?

#34 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:05 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 12 June 2020 - 01:03 PM, said:

Its certainly become probably my favorite show of the last 10 years. I can't think of another I've enjoyed this intensely with few to no complaints along the way. Maybe Stranger Things is close, with the 80s nostalgia being so strong for me.

While I like STRANGER THINGS a lot, and it's a fun sendup to 80's movies and tropes with great acting....DARK is on a completely different and is in every way superior level to it. It's easily in my top 3 fave shows of the last 10 years as well.

View PostAptorian, on 12 June 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

Do you guys know if it'll be released as an episode a week or a full season dump?

This is a good question and as far as I know the ONLY shows that Netflix releases on the weekly basis as opposed to all at once to binge, are ones that are licensed to run on actual TV for a network...so like the SNOWPIERCER TV show runs on FX, so it comes out week by week on Netflix to accommodate that airing schedule....but all the original stuff that's not running elsewhere drops all at once, so I expect DARK will drop and be bingeable.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 12 June 2020 - 02:08 PM

#35 User is offline   flea 

• High Fist

Posted 22 June 2020 - 09:53 PM

A few observations about my rewatch:

I could find ONE joke during the two seasons, when Wöller begins to say how he lost his eye, whose story is interrupted by almost running over Claudia.

I think the biggest plot hole is that Hannah never recognizes young Mikel. But as Aptorian said, time travel-travel plots always have problems.

My understanding is that Odar knew the entire story arc from the beginning, so my hopes are high the last season will be satisfying.

#36 User is online   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:01 AM

Weekend binge, here we come!
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#37 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:36 AM

Are no, I'm busy playing The Last of Us 2. Tell Netflix to delay Dark a week or two.

#38 User is online   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 27 June 2020 - 08:54 PM

Man it is so twisty, this is genius stuff.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#39 User is online   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 27 June 2020 - 08:54 PM

5 episodes done, last three tomorrow. Hard to stop watching.

#40 User is online   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 28 June 2020 - 07:52 PM

Just finished the last episode. Holy crap. That was an amazing ride.

Spoiler

I assume it is just a matter of time before some fan will splice the seasons in such a way that you get a chronological view of each key character. Shou,d be interesting to see how it holds up. This was an amazing feat of escaping the labyrinth. Bloody hell. Epic.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 28 June 2020 - 09:15 PM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users