• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Merry Christmas to All and to All a Good Night

#1 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:00 AM

I'm heading out in about an hour. Going down south to spend Christmas with my parents and step brother.

Where are you going to celebrate Christmas? Are you doing the traditional human sacrifices to Old Saint Nicholas or are you doing something else this year?

We typically don't do anything special out of the evening. We just eat some good food and watch a couple Christmas films.

#2 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:36 PM

I'm Jewish by genetics.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 23 December 2017 - 12:36 PM

#3 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:55 PM

Will you burst into fire if you dance around a Christmas tree?

#4 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:18 PM

Only if it's widdershins under a blue moon. Naked.

I'm flying solo, working on Boxing Day and New Year's Eve. I stuck my hand up to do it since the family are down south and I had nothing better to do. I am an idiot.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#5 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:55 PM

Merry Christmas!

We'll be driving a few hours to spend Christmas with my sister and her family. She lives in a "McMansion" in the burbs so we'll stay a day (or two) with her and probably not even be noticed. Taking my gaming console too. So all those booger eaters who though they were off the hook in D2 Crucible, no such luck. Your ass will still be served up cold on a dish for you to eat (round after round).

It's a festive time of the year people. So have fun and smile, kay?Posted Image No hating kay? Celebrate and congratulate instead. After Jan. 1 you can go back to your daily requirement of hating, kay?

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:15 PM

I'll have you know The Malazan Empire is founded on hating things.

#7 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:58 PM

I did something rather foolish and invited my mum and her partner to stay over Christmas. We haven't spent Christmas together for over 10 years due to an .... incident. It killed 2 birds with one stone - she wanted to see the sprog and I had this time free. Being too tired to second guess her wily ways I've ended up with them staying for 8 nights. EIGHT NIGHTS!!!!! Too tired to give a shit, I'll make the best of it somehow. We're 4 nights down already.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#8 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:37 PM

This evening I'm going to drink mulled wine with friends and perforate the wall around a dart board.

Afterwards the christmas triathlon starts. Tomorrow christmas with parents and siblings. Next day with the relatives of my father and the day after that with the relatives of mother. Could get funny. My present for all more distant relatives is the same for everyone. Bottles of wine. Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:25 PM

House party for a friend's birthday tonight. Crashing his house with a bunch of bottles, and we'll go from there.

The actual Xmass is just going to be a chill day of nothingness- my mom works both tomorrow and then Boxing Day, since we celebrate orthodox Christmass on Jan 6th-7th.

So i'm gonna enjoy the 3 days off, read, game, maybe sort some of my music collection, possibly go through the photos from last 2 years' vacations, maybe even finally post them on facebook. On boxing day may take a stroll down to some PC hardware stores and browse without actually needing anything, maybe score some good deals on smth.

Then I got 2 days of work, and 2 soccer games next Thur and Sat. On the 31st I was invited to another house party, so all in all it's going to be a chill holiday season.

And our actual Christmas Eve falls on a Saturday, which is pretty amazing, because it saves me taking the day off work to help my mom make the Christmas evening meal.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#10 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:43 AM

We also celebrate orthodox Christmas, but since my mother and me got the next couple days off by default anyway, we're going to be going out to a Russian restaurant with people tomorrow and will be cooking some traditional Russian/Ukrainian stuff on the other days just because we can (got a tin of good Russian caviar stashed away) and otherwise each do what we do best: read and drink tea. There's also no family to bother with here, since my brother's living in Ukraine and the big celebratory skyping session will be on the 6th or 7th of January.

I was invited to a New Year's Eve house party, but eh, going to eschew that in favor of munching pizza and watching some stupid movie with my best friend. Looking forward to that a lot because since graduating we only see each other on New Year's and maaaybe birthdays or something.

View Post- Coltaine -, on 23 December 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

Afterwards the christmas triathlon starts. Tomorrow christmas with parents and siblings. Next day with the relatives of my father and the day after that with the relatives of mother. Could get funny. My present for all more distant relatives is the same for everyone. Bottles of wine. Posted Image

Nothing wrong with wine. Then again, I kind of hoard the stuff. Since I can't drink much but get occasional bottles for free at work and then again as birthday/Christmas presents I just hoard them at home. The upside is, I always have an emergency present at hand. The downside, I cry a bit inside every time I give a bottle away because I actually wanted to try the wine :unworthy:

This post has been edited by Puck: 24 December 2017 - 01:03 AM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#11 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:40 AM

I'm watching this thing called Puppies Crash Christmas on Hulu. It's kinda like the Puppy Bowl except they're just tearing up wrapped presents in a living room.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#12 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:48 AM

A part of me was hoping the roads would be closed and I could use that as an excuse to not because I'm at-heart a very lazy person... but I'm driving south tomorrow for the traditional family gathering, spending the long weekend with mom and dad and all the siblings and some uncles and aunts and cousins and the nieces and nephews and some cousins' kids and so on. I anticipate there will be a lot of pie; what could be better than that?! Also classic Christmas movies, booze, and Star Wars.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#13 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:40 AM

I am about to bake a cake with the intention of turning it into a yule log :unworthy:

Merry Christmas to all of you x

#14 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:49 AM

Hopefully spending Christmas day with Shiara and Lucifer's Heaven. Though having just spent two days with my parents in the busiest goddamn tourist trap I am seriously socially drained and stressed. So I might just end up having Christmas by myself just to regain some sanity.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#15 User is offline   Adhara 

• Lady of Black Magic
  • Returning to my origins

Posted 24 December 2017 - 11:33 AM

I will sing with the choir the traditional Christmas mass.In the past it was celebrated at 12 PM, but my fellow folks are a bunch of informal believers and they don't want to wait for the dinner, so the mass is held at 7:30.
When the arrow is on the bow, it has to go

#16 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 24 December 2017 - 11:56 AM

Got the in-laws, my brother in law and his girlfriend staying with us from today until Wednesday. I am sure I will survive somehow. Tree is teeming with presents. We got tons and tons of food and snacks and booze. So all set for merriment and all that jazz. Festive holidays everyone!!
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#17 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:13 PM

Flying into the hometown. Layover in Seattle is very enjoyable
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#18 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:39 PM

Staying at home with Mrs Tiste, going to her parents in the afternoon for far too much food. Will watch the Queen and most likely A Muppets Christmas Carol. Should be a good day!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#19 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:50 PM

It's in the singing of a street corner choir...
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#20 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:48 PM

Merry Xmas all of you and may death come swiftly to your enemies!

I hope that Saint Lootlaus and his less reputable compatriot, Satan Claus, has been generous and showered you with what wished for and what you need.

Merry Christmas, all of you!
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users