• You cannot reply to this topic

Deadhouse Landing - Finished! Spoilers will be hidden

#81 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:05 AM

View PostWhiskeyJohn, on 10 February 2018 - 03:01 AM, said:

View PostNevyn, on 02 January 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

And worth noting that when Nok and Gamet are talking with Tavore about the family, they actually mention Hawl among the losses of conquering Malaz.

So whatever weirdness goes on there, it seems to be by design. Although there are other inconsistensies.

I think this is part where the refer to most of old guard as dead (drowned). Toc Elder resurfaces and Hawl was trained by Cotillion himself, so did escape.

No, the part I am referring to Nok is telling tavore how they first took Malaz, saying it was with "minimal losses", and then Gamet mentions Hawl was among them.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#82 User is offline   Ligeza 

• Recruit

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:06 PM

I must admit, i was laughing out loud when Urko, an old guard admiral you hear about in the first books, can't swim.

#83 User is offline   gandrin 

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:Deciphering truth and escaping into fantasy

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:53 PM

View PostTrazar, on 20 November 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

That leads me in....I am surprised we did not see Nok.....or Did we?

There is a quote where Grinner and Nok are mentioned specifically as Napan hero's of the old guard.

So the question becomes, maybe Nok "Who will never come on land" was a guy that "Hates the sea" or Maybe Hawl and Grinner are not as gone as we think.

I think Nok might actually be a running gag by ICE and SE. He's the invisible character. He is always talked ABOUT...but almost never seen. Kind of like a "Apologies to Matt Damon, we will not have time tonight" sort of thing. I cannot remember a single consequential thing he has ever said or done directly, other than being "somewhere out in the sea."

#84 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:15 PM

You might want to read ‘Stonewielder’.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#85 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:48 PM

View PostGorefest, on 13 July 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

You might want to read 'Stonewielder'.

He's also a pretty important exposition source in conversation with Tavore. I forget which book specifically.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#86 User is offline   the broken 

• Fist

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:38 AM

Just finished. Fantastic read.

Spoiler

#87 User is offline   Urusander 

• Recruit

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:11 AM

I was hoping someone could help me understand the entire episode in the Otataral mines.

Kellanved goes into a coma for having his Warren active when he and Dancer arrive in the mines. Then he wakes up from said coma a little over a month later. Maybe I missed it, but do we ever find out how he wakes up or what happened to him? The Tano spiritwalker tells Dancer that Kellanved will come back changed and I noticed his demeanor is a little more focused and serious when compared to how he is portrayed earlier in the book or in DL. Did Kellanved somehow do this on purpose? Was it just an accident that he had his Warren active at the time?

Any help on understanding this part of the book would be most welcome!

This post has been edited by Urusander: 29 May 2019 - 02:11 AM

#88 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 29 May 2019 - 11:38 AM

We do not find out what Kellanved was going through or how he finally woke up. He went elsewhere through a warren and wasn't fully back in control when he encountered Dancer again.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#89 User is offline   Keysi 

• Fist

Posted 16 August 2019 - 10:25 PM

View Postnacht, on 21 November 2017 - 03:46 AM, said:

View PostGiantblaze, on 21 November 2017 - 03:37 AM, said:

I don't know about you guys but I feel like the Kallor story line wasn't really needed in this book.

Spoiler

Can the genesis of the grey swords be elaborated on? I must have missed that part. I remember them being in Elingarth tho.

I bloody love Kallor. He's such a dick😂

#90 User is offline   ArchieVist 

• Captain

Posted 17 August 2019 - 11:31 PM

The Elingarth mention is in Chapter 7:

"...the ancient warlord who had terrorized all south Genabackis centuries ago. This island had been his fortress stronghold, and the ferocious cataclysms of those wars had given birth to the much-storied martial orders of Elingarth."

#91 User is offline   Keysi 

• Fist

Posted 19 August 2019 - 07:24 PM

Aww yea. I thought there might ave been more. Oh well

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users