• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weinstein Celebrity Dead Pool

#761 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:02 AM

The right to work for a living doesn’t include some kind of rider about what it is your right to work entails job-wise.

If you expose yourself to female co-workers at say, an office job, how many future offices do you think you could be employed by after? One would wager not a lot, if any.

He can go be a brick worker...but comedian, a year later....nooooooope. Fuck that
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#762 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:19 AM

You gonna tell every Chuckle Factory, Loonies, Laugh Factory and every other dive of a comedy club not book him? Good luck with that. That's not how stand up comedy works.

#763 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:51 AM

And then next you're gonna tell every St. Mary's, St. Joseph's, St. Francis's and every other cross-bearing crabshack what to do with their handsy priests. Well that's not how the Catholic Church works.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#764 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:33 AM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 20 January 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:

I would prefer if he did a show that addressed the matter head on but on the other hand I imagine if he comes out a speaks about it and admits any details he opens himself up for lawsuits.

He actually did address it outright in a more recent show last week, which you can read about here: https://www.thedaily...d-racial-tropes

The tone of the article is in no way neutral (which I appreciate), but it does include direct quotes from the set, from audience members who went to see him, from protesters, and from people who are uncertain what to think, in case anyone wants to see the gamut represented.

#765 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:59 AM

The show the article describes is the same one from November-december or when ever.

Maybe I forget but I don't recall CKs material being any more take it PC than that current set.

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 21 January 2019 - 05:59 AM

#766 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:42 AM

The article (from Thursday, January 17) describes a set in San Jose from the night before, and he literally addresses the aftermath of the previous set, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I mean, I'm not arguing with your post I quoted, just letting you and anyone else interested know that he did address his behavior head on and that's how he did it.

#767 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:05 AM

Oh I get it, I was just hoping it was a longer bit on the Weinstein stuff. I think he has the chops to address the matter head on and own it but like the critics say, he may not want to or just doesn't give a shit

#768 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:54 AM

A lot comedians are saying he needs to have his Richard Pryor "free based cocaine and lit myself on fire" moment. But I mean, does it even matter? What will it accomplish at this point?I think it's a matter of take him or leave him at this point. If you find him reprehensible and irredeemable, don't pay to see him and don't watch anything that has his name attached to it.

#769 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:51 AM

I agree with you but other people might argue that a comedian of his stature has a responsibility to set the right example. Not just in terms of redeeming himself but by steering the scene in a more progressive direction.

#770 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:18 PM

View Postworry, on 21 January 2019 - 03:33 AM, said:

View PostAlternative Goose, on 20 January 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:

I would prefer if he did a show that addressed the matter head on but on the other hand I imagine if he comes out a speaks about it and admits any details he opens himself up for lawsuits.

He actually did address it outright in a more recent show last week, which you can read about here: https://www.thedaily...d-racial-tropes

The tone of the article is in no way neutral (which I appreciate), but it does include direct quotes from the set, from audience members who went to see him, from protesters, and from people who are uncertain what to think, in case anyone wants to see the gamut represented.

Interesting read.

It bothers me that people attending feel the need to say "well, that's just comedy" or "I think he's funny, everyone deserves redemption"....and then I think about what he did and wonder in what other industry, would someone who did that to multiple women EVER get hired in that industry again in the short term. It simply would not happen. So CK uses his fame as a springboard back from terrible things he did where very few others have that option.

And I really don't care if his comedy has always been non-PC. I get that comedy is comedy...it's not about that. It's about the office worker who wanted it in front of a cubicle mate in a locked room...who gets hired to work at that same office barely a year later. That's simply not on. You don't get special treatment for being a dick, or at least he shouldn't.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#771 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 January 2019 - 01:22 AM

The episode that aired last night (Adult Swim) beggars description - Gamergate and the interview with John McAfee (which is train off the tracks, bonkers)

#772 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 February 2019 - 09:15 PM

Man this hits the nail on the head.

#773 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:35 PM

I've said this before, but with the whole Depp VS Heard thing, I didn't know what to think (other than wanting to believe the victim as we always should, and hope the law sorts out the particulars after the fact)...but for me it was when JK Rowling stood by Depp around the time they were marketing Fantastic Beasts 2, in which she'd been asked and said she'd seen/heard enough to believe him, that I knew I would come down more in favour of Depp than Heard. As she's (Rowling) not usually one to do something like that flippantly. But now that 87 surveillance videos, 17 neutral party sworn affidavits, and such have come to light on Johnny's side...it feels much more like this is not as open and shut as people seemed to claim it was when they "cancelled" Depp.

It's also telling that there are people who say in court documents that she literally tried to make shit up while they were right there in the next room and could verify she was bullshitting out loud. Like that is some insidious shit on her part, if true.

This is not to say that everything is cut and dried, but as it stands there seems to be far more proof that Depp is innocent of the accusations than not. Shrug.

But like the Jussie Smollet thing, this whole fiasco just muddies the waters of assault victims and does no favours to anyone.

Anyways, https://www.complex....nst-amber-heard

EDIT: The full court documents are especially damning, with even things like Heard and her sister on building surveillance camera on a mezzanine level "practicing" hitting Amber in the face before the "mark" appeared on the day she asked for the restringing order.

https://www.courthou...3/DeppHeard.pdf

Shady AF. Sweet gods.

And from JK and the FB team:

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 14 March 2019 - 01:18 PM

#774 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:09 PM

#775 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:24 PM

Max Landis, surprising exactly no one.

#776 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:02 PM

View PostBfuckinK, on 18 June 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

Saw a few days ago Cuba Gooding Jr had 2 women claiming he groped them. Haven't looked into afterwards.

There's surveillance video of the more recent accusation, that he supposedly groped her breast:

https://www.usatoday...ser/1460216001/

Unfortunately someone walks in front of the camera for a moment, so it doesn't completely exonerate him. He definitely touched her thigh and her hand though.

#777 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:13 PM

Sounds like a non-story.

Is there any prior history like this linked to Gooding Jr?

#778 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 February 2020 - 12:51 AM

I fucking said this was the case for a while now. That Depp was NOT the abuser and Heard was Lying through her teeth. Now the truth finally comes out that Depp was abused and she fucking GASLIT him while she did it...my gods. The whole world owes Depp (an abuse survivor) a big damned apology.

#779 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 02 February 2020 - 02:11 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 02 February 2020 - 12:51 AM, said:

I fucking said this was the case for a while now. That Depp was NOT the abuser and Heard was Lying through her teeth. Now the truth finally comes out that Depp was abused and she fucking GASLIT him while she did it...my gods. The whole world owes Depp (an abuse survivor) a big damned apology.

Wow. I wish I could say that I’m surprised by this, but sadly there is always someone that wants to exploit popular causes. I’m sorry that Depp was so badly affected by this, and I hope this gets circulated in mainstream media so that he can get some redemption.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#780 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 February 2020 - 03:51 PM

Here is the full nearly hour of audio for the Heard/ Depp thing.

Please note that it might be triggering for Abuse survivors, and Amber engages in many things, and among them are gaslighting Johnny, and telling him that no one will believe him if he goes to the police or the media...

Share this topic:

• 62 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users