• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weinstein Celebrity Dead Pool

#921 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 July 2020 - 06:49 PM

In the "least shocking news" category coming out of the #MeToo revelations, one of the stars of the Axe Body Spray, douche fest known as Entourage has been implicated. Boy, I tell you, my jaw hit the floor.

#922 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 July 2020 - 10:27 PM

Let's drop bets if it's not Piven again then it's this guy who plays E

#923 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 July 2020 - 07:16 AM

I would have put money on it being Turtle, but yeah it's E.

Turtle was pretty good in the show Power btw. Gets totally murderlized, brutally, machine gun style, by Tommy.

#924 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 17 July 2020 - 07:57 AM

I had heard years ago that the guy playing E was a bit of a dick in real life and was an arrogant ass in a lot of interviews so that's why he was my pick

#925 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:00 PM

I mean Drama, E, Turtle, Ari, the main guy who now is trying to rid the world of drinking straws..... they all probably have been caught up in their own #MeToo situation(s). The show Entourage pretty much glamorizes the lifestyle from which #MeToo claims pervade.

#926 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:34 PM

Could the vise be tightening? We'll probably never know. If a suicide doesn't bring silence, there is an even more perfect scenario - Breaking news headline: "Ghislaine Maxwell in intensive care with Covid-19" - then to the inevitability.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 18 July 2020 - 07:35 PM

#927 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:15 PM

Depp/Heard/Sun libel case closed. We now await the judge's result.

The most recent things...a former boss of Heard's sister Whitney told the court that Whitney once told her that Amber was "extremely violent" and she was concerned that one day Amber could "kill Johnny"...

Did Whitney do the right thing and tell the court she said that? Nope. She lied and defended her sister.

My favourite thing though...you all know about the one piece of "supposed" evidence that Heard actually had of Depp behaving poorly...the infamous "kitchen" video where he drunkenly slams some cupboards and angrily asks if she's filming (note he at no point abuses her in that video)...the video that in the States the judge would not allow since it was not the "full video" as the tags in the phone showed it was like a 5 minute video that Heard had edited down to like 1min...Heard refused to surrender the full video...so they threw it out (with prejudice). Well, Heard's team showed the "edited" video during the libel trial...and Depp's lawyer...excellent chess player that he is, actually HAD the full unedited video (the one that shows Amber actually set the whole thing up on the day he learned about his mother dying to coax/provoke him into a confrontation she could then edit, and label as abuse) and he didn't play it until the closing statements so that the court would see that Heard's team was trying to fleece the judge with a bullshit edited video and they showed the whole thing AFTER the other side closed so they couldn't say shit. You gotta love it.

This means that Depp has had the full video for a long ass time (no idea where he got it), and never let on...because no way does Heard's team show the edited one triumphantly during the trial if they knew they were going to get shown up with he unedited one...LOL.

Oh, and she did a little fake teary-eyed press conference (while the trial was STILL going on; judge will love that) where she...no word of a lie takes a hand over heart stance that was cribbed entirely from GONE GIRL...and then she...wait for it...went out fucking partying in London till the wee hours...BARF.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 29 July 2020 - 08:38 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#928 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:29 PM

That story seems coherent, but it ignores so many rules of how evidence, especially video evidence, is treated in a trial that it cannot be as you've stated. I understand that this is UK law and thus different from the NY/US evidence rules I'm aware of, but something like this video was almost certainly made available to both sides after motions regarding admissibility and to what degree it could be shown etc.

Most likely, the Heard team decided that showing the edited video was still worth the rebuttal of the whole video.

It is exceptionally rare for a legal team to be caught out that badly. Most of those "caught out" situations involve either an extremely difficult client insisting upon something (and documentation of this) or legal malpractice.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#929 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:33 PM

Yeah if that is England we have something called disclosure and it's very important.

Course this is not criminal law so I might be wrong.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#930 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:47 PM

View Postamphibian, on 29 July 2020 - 08:29 PM, said:

Most of those "caught out" situations involve either an extremely difficult client insisting upon something (and documentation of this) or legal malpractice.

Yes, this is who Heard is though, the difficult client who insists. Her lawyers in the US abandoned her because of this. She's perjured herself a few times in the libel case apparently...so I'm not sure what the court will do with that now. The judge sounded Fed the fuck up with Heard's side by the end.

But I take your point. Someone did mention that the judge would have had both anyways, so why would Heard's team play theirs anyways...

It's also insane because her edited version shows Depp slamming cupboards and that's about it, he seemingly grabs the phone...Amber claims that when he grabbed the phone he assaulted her becuase she edited it and cut it there...but the full length video shows the he reaches for it and it falls over and he walks way and and SHE grabs it and then fucking smirks at it before she shuts it off. Like you can't GET any worse than that. It not only doesn't show Depp abusing her, it shows her smarmily reacting after having videod him...like wot?

View PostTiste Simeon, on 29 July 2020 - 08:33 PM, said:

Yeah if that is England we have something called disclosure and it's very important.

Course this is not criminal law so I might be wrong.

What really baffles me is that this case in England is essentially against Murdoch's newspaper empire (the Sun more specifically), and all the papers he owns were writing smear articles about Depp in their front pages over the last few days...Like talk about not reading the room.

Unless your papers think themselves untouchable? I hope the judge rules in Depp's favour just so they have to pay out the nose for the case. Wootton needs coming down a peg or two.

And next up is Virginia where Depp is literally suing Heard this time over defamation. And if the Libel case goes his way, then Heard is sunk in Virginia and that should effectively be the end of her career and her money.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#931 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 30 July 2020 - 06:47 AM

It would be glorious if this took the toilet sun the same route as the news of the world

#932 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:28 PM

View Postamphibian, on 29 July 2020 - 08:29 PM, said:

That story seems coherent, but it ignores so many rules of how evidence, especially video evidence, is treated in a trial that it cannot be as you've stated. I understand that this is UK law and thus different from the NY/US evidence rules I'm aware of, but something like this video was almost certainly made available to both sides after motions regarding admissibility and to what degree it could be shown etc.

Most likely, the Heard team decided that showing the edited video was still worth the rebuttal of the whole video.

It is exceptionally rare for a legal team to be caught out that badly. Most of those "caught out" situations involve either an extremely difficult client insisting upon something (and documentation of this) or legal malpractice.

I believe the British have Brown v Dunn as a seminal case in evidence law. I don't see how anyone could rely on evidence suggesting a witness is lying without putting that evidence to the witness at some point.

The thing about Heard's sister's coworker/boss also seems to fly in the face of the rule against hearsay unless it was solely introduced to toward the sister's credibility.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#933 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 October 2020 - 08:40 PM

NXVIM Cult leader Keith Raineire sentenced to 120 years in prison for his crimes in the sex cult.

Hell yes. Good. That shit was insidious and that MFer needs to rot.

Some of the others need hefty sentences too, including Allison Mack who was a ringleader who recruited for him for the Inner Sanctum group and they were BRANDED at her damned house.

#934 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 27 October 2020 - 11:29 PM

Sweet. I think it was you that recommended that podcast about it. Mental stuff!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#935 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 28 October 2020 - 05:25 AM

Re:NXVIM I can't believe that Nicki Clyne is still free at this point. Another member of the inner circle and she's Allison Mack's wife. If you look at any of her social media stuff, she's really pushing hard at this.

#936 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:33 AM

View PostJPK, on 28 October 2020 - 05:25 AM, said:

Re:NXVIM I can't believe that Nicki Clyne is still free at this point. Another member of the inner circle and she's Allison Mack's wife. If you look at any of her social media stuff, she's really pushing hard at this.

Yep, she's still deep in and brainwashed. She should go down too. And not just Mack's Wife, Mack's Wife for no other reason than it allowed her to travel down to where Mack and Raniere were in Mexico when he was on the run.

Also, It sucks because Mack has ruined SMALLVILLE for me, and Clyne BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, any re-watches of those shows will be tainted by these two women.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 28 October 2020 - 11:35 AM

#937 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 November 2020 - 08:44 PM

Judge ruled in The Sun's favour in the Heard/Depp Libel case.

Apparently the "letter of the law" on the libel case "Whether or not the Sun was okay to call Depp a "wife beater" was met on Amber's testimony and Depp admitting to instances of "fighting back" when she lashed out at him. According to the judge, that meets his standard of the case.

It's bollocks, and an easy appeal according to his lawyers, but it still sucks for Depp. He has a tonne of evidence of her gaslighting and abusing him, faking her injuries ect...but since the "case was not about that"...the Sun wins and can call him a 'wife beater' because he defends himself and the judge believed a serial liar was telling the truth in her testimony. A woman who's friggin PARENTS admit she's what he's saying she is.

Anyways, but the really interesting things are in the details.

The judge on the case was Andrew Nicol.

Cate Blanchette and Kylie Minogue threw Amber a massive "support" party in the summer.

The host of that party, and member of Amber's inner circle of her "girls" was one Kathy Lette.

Kathy Lette is married to a wealthy barrister named Geoffrey Robertson.

Geoffrey Robertson counts among his good friends....Judge Andrew Nicol. They are friends to a level that they co-authored law books together.

I'm not sure how the judge who presides over a libel case who is directly involved at a social level with the one person in the case is not a conflict of interest...but jeezus christ...how is that allowed? Is this the UK justice system or what is going on?

#938 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 02 November 2020 - 10:35 PM

I'd like to think our system is less horrendous than say the US but things like this do happen. Wouldn't be surprised if some of these people are mates with Murdoch or something.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#939 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 03 November 2020 - 07:50 AM

Civil standard of proof in the UK is "on the balance of probabilities", whereas criminal proof is "beyond all reasonable doubt". Excuses nothing but it is a point the press keep glossing over/not mentioning.

Still, I find it difficult to comprehend a judge thinking even the more lenient standard was met here - and I followed the live coverage of the case.

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 03 November 2020 - 07:50 AM

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#940 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:52 AM

Meanwhile Ron Jeremy is facing a host of sexual assault charges:

https://www.bbc.com/...canada-53978684

I'm shocked and not shocked.

Share this topic:

• 62 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »