• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 146 - The Benses V Something Special - Game Thread

#721 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:13 PM

View PostAy Estos, on 15 November 2017 - 07:00 PM, said:

Gods, I'm really bad at reading the image things...I think he's saying that I'm full of shit...

View PostNimander Golit, on 15 November 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

Posted Image

Looks like.

View PostAy Estos, on 15 November 2017 - 07:00 PM, said:

Then that "Eye at lynch all three staples around the world nimander brief" ? Doesn't make sense... LoL

View PostNimander Golit, on 15 November 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Look At (the) Lynch. All Three Centre Around Nimanders Case(s).

So reading, he's saying that he's too towny to be scum because he's actually trying

#722 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

View PostMerrid, on 15 November 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

So whomever killed Kalse is a low poster, b/c he's not paying attention to the thread and didn't realize Kalse would've been a prime lynch candidate today.

That's what I'm getting from you, Nim.

Posted Image

#723 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:21 PM

Well, the one person who didn't show up at all for the lynch was thyr, I think. EP did the whole "post to avoid modkill" thing, so they may have been lurking. I think I saw Aranatha's snout there as well.

Gonna go check on Thyr

#724 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:25 PM

View PostThyrllan, on 14 November 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

Yeah, I am looking at Jalan's posts and he seemed to be really against any sort of lynch against the muted.

I still don't see how we had any other choice in that scenario.

OK, so this was thyr's one post yesterday morning. They weren't back till after the lynch.

Aranatha refused to hammer Bent, but he was already dead by then.

#725 User is offline   Ay Estos 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:30 PM

View PostFanderay, on 15 November 2017 - 07:13 PM, said:

So reading, he's saying that he's too towny to be scum because he's actually trying

Ah, thank you sir!

Thing is, Nimander, I feel like although you certainly pointed me at Osseric for Day 3, all three trains were basically started by me.

I was the first to say we should lynch the two silenced members on Day 1, and though you certainly mentioned the whole Osseric/Kalse thing first, there weren't really any votes on Osseric until I went through and found those really coincidental things.

#726 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:36 PM

View PostAy Estos, on 15 November 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

View PostFanderay, on 15 November 2017 - 07:13 PM, said:

Ah, thank you sir!

Thing is, Nimander, I feel like although you certainly pointed me at Osseric for Day 3, all three trains were basically started by me.

I was the first to say we should lynch the two silenced members on Day 1, and though you certainly mentioned the whole Osseric/Kalse thing first, there weren't really any votes on Osseric until I went through and found those really coincidental things.

Are we really gonna start an "I'm more town than you" contest now?

#727 User is offline   Ay Estos 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:01 PM

*shrugs*

If anything, I'd say the fact that I drove three town lynches makes me less town than anyone. It's why I'm trying to take a bit of a step back today and see what others have to say. My instincts have been crap.

I just wanted to point out that it wasn't really Nimander that was responsible for those lynches.

#728 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:23 PM

It is Day 4. 21 hours and 59 minutes remaining

10 Players still alive: Aranatha, Ay Estos, Dejim Nebrahl, Eldat Pressen, Fanderay, Jalan, Merrid, Nimander Golit, Ruse, Thyrllan

6 votes to lynch, 5 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Ay Estos ( Fanderay )

Players not voted: Aranatha, Ay Estos, Dejim Nebrahl, Eldat Pressen, Jalan, Merrid, Nimander Golit, Ruse, Thyrllan
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#729 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:43 PM

Okay lets start here.

View PostEldat Pressen, on 15 November 2017 - 03:13 PM, said:

View PostRuse, on 15 November 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

I thought Kalse jumping off the train was him trying to protect his master BB. I thought if Osseric was UB he would have stayed on the train.

I've seen the sum of Ruse's posts in whole as perfect symp play. Ruse stays in game often, trying to play a highly interested townie, but reminds me of someone keeping a fire burning by tossing logs into the flames.

Expand on this. How are am I being a symp?

Ruse gives enough, more than enough, input to maintain high visibility on thread, but doesn't really say anything concrete. I believe his intentions are to stir the pot, muddy the thread, and help push lynches. This is 101 symp play.

What? Look back through my posts and then try and make that stick.

At this point in the game, I feel we learn the most by lynching Ruse, hoping to hit scum, narrowing down the suspect list and limiting multiple accusations associated with the player.

On what grounds? Because I am a high poster? That is scum play 101. Get rid of anyone who tries to advance the game.

Here is where I want and will be voting in time. I will not do so without hearing from Ruse and the rest of the thread. The consensus may be that we do not wish to vote a potential symp, wishing to build a case for BB in the stead.

More thought leads me towards thinking how Big Ben could also choose a behavior similar to Ruse, simply due to the fact that he does have a jump.

So if I was BB I should make people want to lynch me? What drugs are you on? Because I want some too.

#730 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:57 PM

View PostThyrllan, on 15 November 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

Ok so after a read up, it was quite startling how fast that Osseric train happened - from 1 vote to a lynch. I think Ruse helped push it along nicely. He is looking more suspicious than ever.

Let's make some things clear. Okay? I had not seen anything at that point of the day to sway me in any direction. There were two one vote trains for most of the day. when the Osseric train started pick up steam I jumped on because it was nearing the end of the day. Those that have ALTed me will know that I am a HUGE proponent of the "there must be a lynch" argument. I even posted a pic of a bandwagon as to why I was adding my vote. Kalse all of a sudden pulls his vote with a shit(IMO) excuse. Why would he do that? My mind sees a symp who was on his masters train when it didn't look like it was going anywhere, all of a sudden going "shit this looks bad" "I had better get off" I posted that it looked scummy. That is the extent of my thinking on that lynch. The other lynch's are self explanatory.

I look like a helpful townie because A) I am town. and :thumbsup: because I am trying to be helpful.

#731 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:09 PM

Are there any other questions?

EP jumping on me is the only thing that seems to be scummy to me at the moment, but I maybe guilty of a slight conflict of interest.

#732 User is offline   Eldat Pressen 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:09 PM

View PostMerrid, on 15 November 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

I have get everything Nim is saying except for the stakes, and not sure about the graphs

I think Nim might be saying we need to ask or look into the facts of why BB chose to kill Kalse.

View PostAy Estos, on 15 November 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

Unless I was right about Osseric being UB (which we'll only know post-game) my suggestions so far have been shit, so I'm going to try looking at people who haven't really pinged my scumdar.

Surprised they killed Kalse, he was a likely candidate for today's lynch.

I think many of us were thinking this. We might had lynched Kalse today, so again maybe he's wondering, as we all should, why BB chose Kalse.

#733 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:12 PM

This is my main posting window so please address this now.

#734 User is offline   Eldat Pressen 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:35 PM

View PostRuse, on 15 November 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

Okay lets start here.

I thought Kalse jumping off the train was him trying to protect his master BB. I thought if Osseric was UB he would have stayed on the train.

I've seen the sum of Ruse's posts in whole as perfect symp play. Ruse stays in game often, trying to play a highly interested townie, but reminds me of someone keeping a fire burning by tossing logs into the flames.

Ruse gives enough, more than enough, input to maintain high visibility on thread, but doesn't really say anything concrete. I believe his intentions are to stir the pot, muddy the thread, and help push lynches. This is 101 symp play.

At this point in the game, I feel we learn the most by lynching Ruse, hoping to hit scum, narrowing down the suspect list and limiting multiple accusations associated with the player.

On what grounds? Because I am a high poster? That is scum play 101. Get rid of anyone who tries to advance the game.

Here is where I want and will be voting in time. I will not do so without hearing from Ruse and the rest of the thread. The consensus may be that we do not wish to vote a potential symp, wishing to build a case for BB in the stead.

More thought leads me towards thinking how Big Ben could also choose a behavior similar to Ruse, simply due to the fact that he does have a jump.

So if I was BB I should make people want to lynch me? What drugs are you on? Because I want some too.

I'm posting with a level head and trying to avoid useless emotional attacks or defense. I suggest you sit back, calm yourself, and do the same. Although we have many posts, we do not have much in the way of good evidence. Right now, at this point in the game, as well as most games, we have to use what little information we have gained and combine with some raw feeling based on the strategy and outcomes of a lifetime of games that came before.

View PostRuse, on 15 November 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

EP jumping on me is the only thing that seems to be scummy to me at the moment, but I maybe guilty of a slight conflict of interest.

I wanted to add this small post of yours in here before I continue above. I did not hastily make a case for you out of thin air.

I thoughtfully spelled out my reasons for why i felt you could be a potential symp. As you can see, I also did not rush to vote for you because I wanted to hear from you, as well as the rest of the thread.

I feel the questions you asked were answered already. Scummy this scummy that. If you are town, then realize I'm only doing my due diligence for town in looking into what I saw and felt. The emotional antics of being accused do not help your case.

It's never wise to attack another player for following through unless they attempt to rush you into a lynch. Proper defense means helps us find a more suitable lynch candidate than yourself based on something better than OMGUS.

#735 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:35 PM

So nothing EP? you posted over half an hour ago. Don't care to back up your shit case on me?

yes I have had a few at this point and am looking for an Internet fight.

#736 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:36 PM

stopid cross posts

#737 User is offline   Jalan 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:45 PM

I went back over Kalses post yesterday, to see if he called out someonewho thought it worth killing him despite him being as lynchable as he was. This was the only post that stood out to me were this seem to even remotly being the case.

View PostKalse, on 13 November 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

View PostNimander Golit, on 13 November 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

Day 1: Tennes, Jalan, Ay Estos, Hanas, Dejim Nebrahl, Kalse, Skintick, Osseric, Ruse
Day 2: Ruse, Skintick, Aranatha, Dejim Nebrahl, Thyrllan, Ay Estos, Nimander Golit, Fanderay

Tennes and Skintick were early voters who got killed by BB the next day, but we didn't hit UB.

Ay Estos, Dejim Nebrahl, Skintick, and Ruse are the only people who voted on both trains. Skintick is dead. Ruse is silenced.

I have no point. These are merely facts.

Ugh, I hate these sorts of posts. We can all do this and don't need the reminder. It reeks of "being helpful to town" without really doing anything. If it has no point, why post it other than to put in a post and "contribute"?

I'm not convinced. But considering this with the following case on Osseric and Kalse, I'm going to
vote Nimander Golit
for now.

#738 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:49 PM

Okay I will answer with a levelish head

View PostEldat Pressen, on 15 November 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

View PostRuse, on 15 November 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

Okay lets start here.

I'm posting with a level head and trying to avoid useless emotional attacks or defense. I suggest you sit back, calm yourself, and do the same. Although we have many posts, we do not have much in the way of good evidence. Right now, at this point in the game, as well as most games, we have to use what little information we have gained and combine with some raw feeling based on the strategy and outcomes of a lifetime of games that came before.

Okay? I feel like I just left a therapist after reading that paragraph. There are a lot of words there but I am left with an empty feeling after reading them....wait what?

View PostRuse, on 15 November 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

I wanted to add this small post of yours in here before I continue above. I did not hastily make a case for you out of thin air.

I thoughtfully spelled out my reasons for why i felt you could be a potential symp. As you can see, I also did not rush to vote for you because I wanted to hear from you, as well as the rest of the thread.

I feel the questions you asked were answered already. Scummy this scummy that. If you are town, then realize I'm only doing my due diligence for town in looking into what I saw and felt. The emotional antics of being accused do not help your case.

It's never wise to attack another player for following through unless they attempt to rush you into a lynch. Proper defense means helps us find a more suitable lynch candidate than yourself based on something better than OMGUS.

Yet by your own argument can't you see that I did not vote for you (yet).

"potential symp"? are you back pedaling on your own case?

"Emotional antics" yeah okay ...but that is how I and most play Mafia!!!! JAWS to the throat!!! Balls to the wall!!!! Jelly on toast!!!!... Tellatubby's nailed to the church doors!!!...

where was I?

edit..added color

This post has been edited by Ruse: 15 November 2017 - 11:38 PM

#739 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:56 PM

So basically you were poking me with a stick to see how I react. I can respect that.

...and I reacted like a drunk with a soggy loaf of bread.

#740 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:01 PM

View PostJalan, on 15 November 2017 - 10:45 PM, said:

I went back over Kalses post yesterday, to see if he called out someonewho thought it worth killing him despite him being as lynchable as he was. This was the only post that stood out to me were this seem to even remotly being the case.

View PostKalse, on 13 November 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

View PostNimander Golit, on 13 November 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

Day 1: Tennes, Jalan, Ay Estos, Hanas, Dejim Nebrahl, Kalse, Skintick, Osseric, Ruse
Day 2: Ruse, Skintick, Aranatha, Dejim Nebrahl, Thyrllan, Ay Estos, Nimander Golit, Fanderay

Tennes and Skintick were early voters who got killed by BB the next day, but we didn't hit UB.

Ay Estos, Dejim Nebrahl, Skintick, and Ruse are the only people who voted on both trains. Skintick is dead. Ruse is silenced.

I have no point. These are merely facts.

Ugh, I hate these sorts of posts. We can all do this and don't need the reminder. It reeks of "being helpful to town" without really doing anything. If it has no point, why post it other than to put in a post and "contribute"?

I'm not convinced. But considering this with the following case on Osseric and Kalse, I'm going to
vote Nimander Golit
for now.

My gut has Min as BB at the moment.....but my gut is full of Sam Adams summer ale at the moment....I will wait for the morning hang over before voting.

Share this topic:

• 60 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users