Game mechanics and roles:
Days last 36 hours
Nights last 12 hours or instantaneous where possible
There will be a coroner-finder in effect
Inactivity modkill: 36 hours.
Weekend Break - Friday 22:00 GMT - Monday 14:00 GMT

The Benses (evil team)

One of each of the following roles WILL be present:

Big Ben (killer) – Although your mastering of Meanas allows you to remain undetected, you are also able to draw from various other warrens, allowing you one lethal attack per night, when the others are sleeping.

You are a soul-shifter, when you die, you are able to transfer your soul into the player of your choice. Upon death, the player chooses another alt to carry over his role. The player playing this alt now becomes Big Ben and gains his role (on top of anything he already had), and changes his winning conditions accordingly.

This shifting happens ONCE, so if the second Big Ben dies the evil team loses.

Uncle Ben (symp) – You don’t really agree with Big’s mentality of killing your fellow man, even if they are Mezla. However, your mastery of Meanas allows you to silence one player per day. You do this by sending the mods the name of the player you want to silence.

Once silenced, a player can no longer speak, but he can still post and contribute. The posts can only contain: votes, quotes, emoticons, player's alts and images (uploaded or linked from the web).

This power can be used every day and as many times as wanted, although it can’t target the same player two days in a row. It can be used on himself, or on Big Ben if wanted. The silencing is in effect from the end-of-night to the end-of-day post from the mod. This silencing apply to PMs between pairs, so please don’t cheat ;)

Note: upon investigation/CF, Uncle Ben will come up as “Innocent”

Note 2: The two Benses can NOT communicate off-thread, although they will know of each other. When the first Big Ben shift, Uncle Ben will be made aware of the identity of his new master, and vice-versa.

Innocents (good team)

Any combination of the following roles will be used. No role not described here will be used.
Upon investigation/CF, any of these will come up as "Innocent"

Dead Nobody: Once you were alive, and then you died. You have no special power, nothing special happened to you until you became drafted by force for this mission. Next time you see Hood in his realm, looking pissed, you'll know not to come and "check it out".

Vig: In your previous life, you were a powerful mercenary. However, you learned one day never to play baseball with a Malazan Sapper prisoner, specially if he supplies the ball. You have a vig kill that you can use once, at the night of your choice, during the game.

Healer: In your previous life, you were a wandering surgeon, offering your services in exchange for food and shelter. However, you learned one day that "Please, hand me this scalpel" and "I want to have sex with your mother" differ, in a small Seven Cities dialect, by one accent. Your mastering of Denul allows you to heal one player per night. Note: this skill does not affect Uncle Ben's silencing ability.

Finder: In a previous life, you were yourself a practitioner of Mockra. However, you learned one day why there was no first-hand report of what happens if you look in a mirror and try to convince yourself that you do NOT possess knowledge of Mockra. Despite the paradox-induced head explosion, you retain your old knowledge, and by focusing on one player per night, you can determine if this player is Big Ben or not.

Guard: In a previous life, you were a guard in the Seguleh Imperial Harem. However, you learned one day that when the queen says "Well, fuck me, my husband is home early for once", it should NOT be understood as an order. Every night, you chose the name of one player to guard. This player will be prevented to perform a night action for this night. If this player is part of a pair whose partner is still alive, the night action is not blocked.

Note: Any of these roles can exist as a PAIR. If this is the case, and the pair is roled, they have together ONE action per night, that they must agree on. Note that pair of Vigs have 2 night kills at their disposition, although they can't use both in the same night.

For all pairs: You can communicate off-thread at all times. For a night action to be accepted, if must be confirmed by BOTH players (exception: if a provisional was been sent by both players, it can be confirmed by only one player).

If one of the players from a pair becomes Big Ben, the other remains unaware, and stays in the good team with corresponding winning conditions. It is possible for a pair to target one of the two players from the pair as long as both agree.

If only one from a pair is still alive, and becomes Big Ben, he keeps his other power to use as he pleases. Exception: if he is the lone member of a vig team with vig kills left, he loses the vig kills since he’s already killing at night. (If he’s part of a vig pair, he’s welcome to use the vig kills as long as his partner agrees :))

Everyone is this unless of course you're not

Dead Nobody: Once you were alive, and then you died. You have no special power, nothing special happened to you until you became drafted by force for this mission. Next time you see Hood in his realm, looking pissed, you'll know not to come and "check it out".

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 07 November 2017 - 01:22 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#2 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

It is Day 1. The clock has been frozen with 35 Hours and 59 Minutes remaining.

16 Players still alive: Anomandaris, Aranatha, Ay Estos, Dejim Nebrahl, Eldat Pressen, Fanderay, Hanas, Jalan, Kalse, Merrid, Nimander Golit, Osseric, Ruse, Skintick, Tennes, Thyrllan

9 votes to lynch, 8 votes to go to night.

Players not voted: Anomandaris, Aranatha, Ay Estos, Dejim Nebrahl, Eldat Pressen, Fanderay, Hanas, Jalan, Kalse, Merrid, Nimander Golit, Osseric, Ruse, Skintick, Tennes, Thyrllan
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#3 User is offline   Anomandaris 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:51 PM

It's breathing

#4 User is offline   Dejim Nebrahl 

• Recruit

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:19 PM

View PostAnomandaris, on 07 November 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

It's breathing

Aren't we all dead? Thus, I believe the correct term is, "it brothed".

#5 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:46 PM

Fucking hood balls. I had a nice little nap going on and very pleasant dreams. There was this seven cities girl and she and her friend were..... Well it was a pleasant dream. Now I have to find the benses. WTF who's job is it to keep them locked up.

#6 User is offline   Skintick 

• Recruit

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:52 PM

Wait.. no standard mafia rules???? We are FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

#7 User is offline   Ay Estos 

• Recruit

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:37 PM

Wow - 16 players?! PB, Kurt, Bent, HD, Twelve all playing? This should be fun!!

#8 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:50 PM

Here, nursing a hangover, so wishing I was dead(er)

I think keeping the Benses locked up was Hood's job, but then

Spoiler

#9 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:42 PM

So if we are dead, how the fuck can we lynch someone? Is this going to be an "ALT was lynched, but can still talk from that tree on which he or she happily swings." kind of game?

#10 User is offline   Anomandaris 

• Recruit

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:51 PM

View PostDejim Nebrahl, on 07 November 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

It's breathing

Does that mean that this is a brothel?

#11 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:02 PM

First!

#12 User is offline   Anomandaris 

• Recruit

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:03 PM

View PostOsseric, on 07 November 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

First!

Do you really wanna have that conversation again, Osserc?

#13 User is offline   Kalse 

• Recruit

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:12 PM

Checking in.

#14 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:19 PM

View PostAnomandaris, on 07 November 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

View PostOsseric, on 07 November 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

First!

Do you really wanna have that conversation again, Osserc?

You spelled my name wrong

Therefore you are signalling to your boss that you are his symp and pretending that I am him/her to set me up later

Vote Anomadars

For leaving the i out of my name

#15 User is offline   Anomandaris 

• Recruit

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:21 PM

It's Anomandarine

#16 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:25 PM

And yes. I know that he shouldn't need to signal. But he's probably a terrible pllayer who doesn't remember how to play. And he spelled my name wrong! Its obvious he's scum.

#17 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:27 PM

View PostKalse, on 07 November 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

Checking in.

Well.

Thanks?

#18 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:28 PM

Not first!

Like about fifth or so. Nothing to cheer about, really.

#19 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:35 PM

Wee, I'm here.

These Benses games are always a total mind fuck, despite the relatively simple rule set.

#20 User is offline   Skintick 

• Recruit

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:36 PM

View PostAnomandaris, on 07 November 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

View PostDejim Nebrahl, on 07 November 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

It's breathing

Does that mean that this is a brothel?

Anything for a price..

Share this topic:

• 60 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users