• You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 146 - The Benses V Something Special - Game Thread

#121 User is offline   Eldat Pressen 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:39 PM

View PostNimander Golit, on 07 November 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

Wee, I'm here.

These Benses games are always a total mind fuck, despite the relatively simple rule set.

How the hell do we approach this then if scum switches bodies? I know it's business as usual until the first death but then we are starting over. it's like a game within a game. Is there enough time for town to figure things out the second time? I don't think I've played a benses game before. Should be interesting.

#122 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:40 PM

View PostJalan, on 08 November 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

View PostJalan, on 08 November 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

How likely is it that Uncle Ben targetted Big Ben on night zero? Because if he didn't and the symp or some stupid town pretend to be muted alongside a player that's actually muted it created a perfect smokescreen for the first couple of days.

View PostAy Estos, on 08 November 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

So... why don't we just vote one of them out today, then the other tomorrow?

remove vote
vote Anomandaris

So you want to use the smokescreen to set up two lynches in a row?

vote Ay Estos

I'm not sure which one is dumber

You, for bringing up this hypothesis that makes us go in circle (unless we do what you say we shouldn't - that is "buying into the smokescreen" )

Or, Ay, for actually falling for it.

Once I make up my mind I'll probably vote

#123 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:40 PM

Hrm... who is the faker? Is there a faker? Are they both faking it? Ano would have to have been pretty ballsy to fake a silence not knowing if a Day 1 silence can occur. It seems a little dodgy that Hanas would show up and then randomly implicate himself as a faker.

It's also a Benses game so all of this could mean bupkis.

#124 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:42 PM

View PostEldat Pressen, on 08 November 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

View PostNimander Golit, on 07 November 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

Wee, I'm here.

These Benses games are always a total mind fuck, despite the relatively simple rule set.

How the hell do we approach this then if scum switches bodies? I know it's business as usual until the first death but then we are starting over. it's like a game within a game. Is there enough time for town to figure things out the second time? I don't think I've played a benses game before. Should be interesting.

Eh, it's basically like starting a new game from that point on. The later we get old Benny boy, the more we end up having to guess to win.

#125 User is offline   Eldat Pressen 

• Recruit

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:42 PM

View PostHanas, on 07 November 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

View PostKalse, on 07 November 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

Lol. That was some passive aggressive asshattery followed by my snarky statement. But, enjoy the search friend.

Use of 'Friend' in a mafia game = suspicious.

The word friend wasn't the thing that drew my attention to this post. Interesting choice of words to be sure.

#126 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:45 PM

View PostMerrid, on 08 November 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

How likely is it that Uncle Ben targetted Big Ben on night zero? Because if he didn't and the symp or some stupid town pretend to be muted alongside a player that's actually muted it created a perfect smokescreen for the first couple of days.

remove vote
vote Anomandaris

vote Ay Estos

You, for bringing up this hypothesis that makes us go in circle (unless we do what you say we shouldn't - that is "buying into the smokescreen" )

I think Ay Estos put him/herself in a really tough spot here, but I also am suspicious of Anomandaris.

#127 User is offline   Eldat Pressen 

• Recruit

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

So what is all the talk about us all being dead in the early part of the thread? I feel this is an inside Malazan thing more than a game thing but I'm very foggy as to the references?

#128 User is offline   Jalan 

• Recruit

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:47 PM

View PostMerrid, on 08 November 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

remove vote
vote Anomandaris

vote Ay Estos

That's why I worded my first sentence as question, you know. To get input how others think about this.

Regardless of that, my problem with Ay is that he wants to set up tomorrows lynch as well right now.

#129 User is offline   Anomandaris 

• Recruit

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:47 PM

View PostAnomandaris, on 08 November 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

remove vote
vote Anomandaris

vote Ay Estos

;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#130 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:53 PM

View PostAnomandaris, on 08 November 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

View PostAnomandaris, on 08 November 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

remove vote
vote Anomandaris

vote Ay Estos

;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wolf First Lynch Innocent?

You're innocent and you want to lynch the wolf (aka Hanas)?

#131 User is offline   Eldat Pressen 

• Recruit

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:02 PM

View PostMerrid, on 08 November 2017 - 02:54 PM, said:

Re-caffeinating.

Doesn't seem like there's much to catch up on, beyond Ruse's cringe

Cringe!? I thought that was hilarious!

#132 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:07 PM

Ay had the idea first, "guy pic" (dunno who that is) innocent.

I think he's suggesting we don't Lynch Ay, b/c scum wouldn't be dumb enough to jump on Japan's suggestion first.

#133 User is offline   Eldat Pressen 

• Recruit

View PostDejim Nebrahl, on 08 November 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

By the way, PS, is there a night 0 silencing order? I seem to remember that being a thing in previous games?

Why would you ask this on thread idiot!? Not calling you scum for it but there is no benefit to town for knowing this and if uncle didn't know it was a thing does now.

#134 User is offline   Ay Estos 

• Recruit

remove vote
vote Anomandaris

vote Ay Estos

LoL, I guess I should have figured someone would jump on me for that, but hey, what can ya do when everyone's paranoid.

My suggestion was simply that, a suggestion. That being said, if we don't do SOMETHING about these two silenced players to find out if one is lying, then it's just going to be a thorn in our sides throughout the whole game. Everyone's going to constantly refer to this Day 1 crap for reasons why one or the other is suspicious.

Look at it this way - if one of them is scum trying to weasel their way out of a lynch using the WIFOM a fake silencing is creating, then lynching them both ensures we lynch that scum. If they are both town, then whichever one is not actually silenced would have to come out and say it or get lynched - given they're a town player being an idiot for doing this in the first place, well, I'd rather get rid of the idiots early.

Lynch me if you must for suggesting it, but I still think lynching them both is a better idea than letting this fester throughout the whole game.

#135 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:09 PM

View PostEldat Pressen, on 08 November 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

So what is all the talk about us all being dead in the early part of the thread? I feel this is an inside Malazan thing more than a game thing but I'm very foggy as to the references?

I think it's a flavour thing. The Benses are these made up relatives of Quck Ben, and they're supposedly dead (from when Innos won), but they keep escaping from death and getting up to no good, starting making trouble in Hood's neighborhood.

#136 User is offline   Eldat Pressen 

• Recruit

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:11 PM

View PostTennes, on 08 November 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

Good lord. Spoiler the images!

And 2 people silenced? Really? Not likely. If one of you is town fucking around, this is problematic.

Thinking the same thing

#137 User is offline   Dejim Nebrahl 

• Recruit

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:12 PM

I think Ano is saying that Ay Estos' idea is to first lynch the innocent one (i.e. Anomandaris).

Possibly.

#138 User is offline   Eldat Pressen 

• Recruit

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:14 PM

View PostDejim Nebrahl, on 08 November 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

View PostEldat Pressen, on 08 November 2017 - 03:30 PM, said:

So funny thing. I got a pm out of the blue asking me to join in on mafia. I made an off hand comment and quickly disappeared back into the ether. Next thing I know I'm assigned an alt. Will try and get back on this evening to participate now that I know I'm actually in the game.

This is a great way of getting lots of people to play - just send them alts anyway and make them feel obliged to join in! Genius ;)

So I should nip this in the bud then and go radio silent and get mod killed then. Roger that!

#139 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:14 PM

View PostAy Estos, on 08 November 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

remove vote
vote Anomandaris

vote Ay Estos

LoL, I guess I should have figured someone would jump on me for that, but hey, what can ya do when everyone's paranoid.

My suggestion was simply that, a suggestion. That being said, if we don't do SOMETHING about these two silenced players to find out if one is lying, then it's just going to be a thorn in our sides throughout the whole game. Everyone's going to constantly refer to this Day 1 crap for reasons why one or the other is suspicious.

Look at it this way - if one of them is scum trying to weasel their way out of a lynch using the WIFOM a fake silencing is creating, then lynching them both ensures we lynch that scum. If they are both town, then whichever one is not actually silenced would have to come out and say it or get lynched - given they're a town player being an idiot for doing this in the first place, well, I'd rather get rid of the idiots early.

Lynch me if you must for suggesting it, but I still think lynching them both is a better idea than letting this fester throughout the whole game.

See this same exchange nearly every game. Always looks the same for the most part as well. Yawn.

#140 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:18 PM

View PostTennes, on 08 November 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

View PostAy Estos, on 08 November 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

remove vote
vote Anomandaris

vote Ay Estos

See this same exchange nearly every game. Always looks the same for the most part as well. Yawn.

Now go through all the previous Benses games and check if scum EVER silenced themselves on Day1

Share this topic:

• 60 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

15 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users