• Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:30 PM

View PostKhazduk, on 04 December 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

I think that episode fell flat.

Yeah, the whole plot was paper-thin.

#43 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:34 PM

You guys...I want you to know these puns are awesome!

Great episode!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#44 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

By Kelly, that was a fun episode!
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#45 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:04 PM

View PostBriar King, on 05 January 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

Bah I was hoping for a 20+ S2 but they only doing 13 though it will be 14 episodes as they held 1 episode of S1 back.

Some hopes for S2. I still want the Krill woman to join the cast. I’d be good with a Garak type role. Just don’t make her a one and done. I think war is coming and I think Orville will be destroyed and the crew will get a shiney new heavy cruiser that can take the name Orville.

Yep, agree with all your hopes too. The Krill woman joining the crew or becoming an ambassador seems like a forgone conclusion...

And yeah, I'd love to see if they get an upgraded Orville by the end of S2...but I'm fine with the current design sticking around for a while too...as I really like it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#46 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:28 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 05 January 2018 - 03:04 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 05 January 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

Bah I was hoping for a 20+ S2 but they only doing 13 though it will be 14 episodes as they held 1 episode of S1 back.

Some hopes for S2. I still want the Krill woman to join the cast. I’d be good with a Garak type role. Just don’t make her a one and done. I think war is coming and I think Orville will be destroyed and the crew will get a shiney new heavy cruiser that can take the name Orville.

Yep, agree with all your hopes too. The Krill woman joining the crew or becoming an ambassador seems like a forgone conclusion...

And yeah, I'd love to see if they get an upgraded Orville by the end of S2...but I'm fine with the current design sticking around for a while too...as I really like it.

I think that is one of the best parts of the show. The Orville is a standard, non-special ship, crewed by a diverse and misunderstood crew.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#47 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:40 AM

Yes! Been waiting for this. Official ORVILLE merch!

https://shop.fox.com...how_the-orville

#48 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:05 AM

Would buy. If I had any spare money. Stupid power bills. :p

https://shop.fox.com...go-grey-t-shirt
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#49 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:53 AM

Alright, alright, alright! That looks promising.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#50 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 July 2018 - 11:06 PM

View PostBriar King, on 22 July 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

What do you mean it looks promising? The show was epic already and that trailer was epic.

Pretty crazy difference between the 2 seasons trailer as the 2nd is actually what the show is about next to the comedy skit that was 1st.

Excited

This.

I’m fucking pumped

#51 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:17 PM

Alright, alright, alright is right!

#52 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 November 2018 - 04:26 AM

Ya man! So excited!

#53 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:20 AM

Solid opener for s2. Loved the separate plot lines.

#54 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:12 PM

Not bad, I wasn't into the Malloy bit though - I've never been a fan of "cringe" humour.

According to net rumours (always your best source :p ), Halston Sage (Alara Kitan) is leaving the show. :(

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 31 December 2018 - 12:21 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#55 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:20 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 31 December 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

Not bad, I wasn't into the Malloy bit though - I've never been a fan of "cringe" humour.

According to net rumours (always your best source :p ), Halston Sage (Alara Kitan) is leaving the show. :(

Who's gonna open the jars?

This post has been edited by acesn8s: 02 January 2019 - 01:20 PM

#56 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:30 PM

There might be another female ... whatever she is. But this is all net rumour and conjecture.

#57 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:57 PM

The Malloy stuff had my wife and I chuckling. "Always have one more zipper than you feel comfortable with"

Indeed. Sounds like she's written out mid-season (and they knew about her leaving before they started shooting, so she'll get a proper send-off). I would not want to speculate, but Sage WAS rumoured to have been dating Seth when the show started/or at least airing, and is now onto Charlie Puth...not sure if that has anything to do with her leaving?

At any rate, I like her character, but it's not a deal breaker if she leaves. She can be the Orville's Denise Crosby.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 02 January 2019 - 01:58 PM

#58 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:48 AM

Ep 2 - this is why you use a VPN and antivirus, people!

Otherwise an ep that
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 10 January 2019 - 12:48 AM

#59 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:11 PM

Latest ep, spoilered for those that have not watched:

Spoiler

Also, can we talk about how this season has toned the jokes down even more and it's playing even more as a straight Trek TNG show now? Awesome.

Not to mention having not one, but TWO Trek show alumni in this last ep (Robert Picardo [The Doctor from VOYAGER], and John Billingsley [Phlox from ENTERPRISE]), and then Candace King (Caroline from VAMPIRE DIARIES) as well? What a great ep!

#60 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:50 AM

I keep watching this show. I don't know why. I find half the humor to be too crass and unintelligent and I find the whole thing has a kinda lazy, low quality feel to it. The last might be unfair and is more by perception of the completely irreverent, informal way everyone acts and speaks in the show. For a military vessel for example everyone is so relaxed and ill disciplined. I find it jarring.

I guess each episode is entertaining enough but still the show bugs me.

View PostVirgin of High House Bachelor, on 01 December 2018 - 03:23 AM, said:

View PostCause, on 29 October 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

Okay despite my earlier words I watched it.

To me it was out of place because I have seen the black mirror a show that tackled these issues, this one in particular even, and does it better

Curious as I’m watching BM now. Are you referring to the Ep with Bing and the American Idol rip turned up to 11 or another Ep I have yet to see? I’ve only watched the 3 eps of S1 so far but if it’s that Ep I easily give the better Ep to Orville.

No, there is an episode of BM where every one has a social credit score. 0-5. Your score determines where you can shop, where you can live, what discount you get etc. People get rated for every interaction. Its the exact same premise. Which to be fair is modeled on china's very real ambition to create such a dystopian world.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users