• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 142 - Rise of the Dark Sorcerer

#101 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:15 PM

View PostThyrllan, on 25 April 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

Also, before your "reveal," there were three players with less posts than you. Why would you even be concerned about being a low-poster lynch victim?

I'm not concerned about my lynch. I'm concerned about doing the most good with a shitty role, on what appears to be a shitty Day 1 that may end with no lynch.

As for what you are going to do to me: discuss. Even if this leads to my lynch, you'll have a more productive Day 1 to go back to then kettles and music clips.

#102 User is offline   Thyrllan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:16 PM

View PostJalan, on 25 April 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

That's a pretty good answer. So what do you think of Nimander's absence or Osseric's frivolity?

View PostJalan, on 25 April 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

^ I'm sorry, that was supposed to be Silchas' frivolity.

View PostKilava, on 25 April 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

9 minutes after Osseric posts is getting in the way?

Regardless of the 9 minutes, I still think Jalan was referring to the post quoted above.

#103 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:16 PM

View PostKilava, on 25 April 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

View PostMerrid, on 25 April 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

Okay, I'm gonna be quite busy, and if we're talking policy lynching...

I am a vigilante. I have a "use it N1 or lose it forever" NK (believe you me, I had some strong words to PS about that). I can use that instead of a lynch for silly Day 1 reasons, since I'm not seeing much with 8h to go, and we're starting to speak about lynching low posters

Discuss.

That's quite special.

Just to check - the underlined isn't you hinting that it's a Day Vig that forces EoD, right?

Eager Vig is a weak role, it is your call but personally I'd say that unless you have strong feelings that you think thread is missing about someone let it go.

No, it's not a day vig. I'm not a fan of the vig role period, but eager is even worse, imho. However, in this case, it gives the thread smth to talk about, so why not put it on the table?

#104 User is offline   Silchas Ruin 

• Recruit

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:19 PM

View PostThyrllan, on 25 April 2017 - 07:16 PM, said:

View PostJalan, on 25 April 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

That's a pretty good answer. So what do you think of Nimander's absence or Osseric's frivolity?

View PostJalan, on 25 April 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

^ I'm sorry, that was supposed to be Silchas' frivolity.

View PostKilava, on 25 April 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

9 minutes after Osseric posts is getting in the way?

Regardless of the 9 minutes, I still think Jalan was referring to the post quoted above.

Which is clear from the post just above Osserc's, but I'm not going back for the quote now.

#105 User is offline   Thyrllan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:25 PM

View PostKilava, on 25 April 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

View PostThyrllan, on 25 April 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

View PostDenul, on 25 April 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

Seriously, what a boring Day 1. I guess everyone's being cagey given how little information we have about the game setup.

Anyway, I guess the only thing that kind of stands out to me so far is the following:

View PostKilava, on 24 April 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 24 April 2017 - 12:11 AM, said:

When you die, you go to purgatory. Please continue posting in-alt there.

At a guess from this statement we'll be getting partial CFs and there is* a resurrection mechanic. Fun times.

*or is the potential for there to be

Can anyone remember PS' timezone?

I hate these types of 'cases,' but I have to point out that Kilava is speculating mechanics openly, which is always more helpful to scum than town.

That being said, I've no idea if there are traditional scum in this game, though from the opening scene, I would assume it's basically a town vs. scum with some weird mechanics and roled townies.

You bitch about Kilava talking mechanics and then do some speculating of your own. I'm impressed!

That certainly is special.

Do you see any other reason that PS would ask people to post in "purgatory" in alt? I specify purgatory as it seems likely from this that the dead go to Spoiler Hell rather than Spoiler Heaven - for the new players we have an additional "dead" thread on occasion for game reasons, locked away from the rest of us.

You want some more speculation? Look at the TMDI of this game. 7-8. I'll save you the trouble of looking it up:

TMDI:7 = No discernible town and scum... ie: factions/cults only.
TMDI:8 = As 7, but with Large number of simple roles and/or uneven teams.

So those of us, like me, with a RI PM are looking to lynch potentially ( */#>$- SPECULATION WARNING -{:content:}lt;#\* ) a non-allied recruiter and a scum pair and somewhere in there the book holder. Because if we don't we're hoping to get recruited which isn't how you play.

I don't have an issue with you pointing out the obvious conclusion to be drawn from "When you die, you go to purgatory. Please continue posting in-alt there." It's Denul's reaction to it that caught my eye.

#106 User is offline   Denul 

• Recruit

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:29 PM

View PostMerrid, on 25 April 2017 - 07:16 PM, said:

No, it's not a day vig. I'm not a fan of the vig role period, but eager is even worse, imho. However, in this case, it gives the thread smth to talk about, so why not put it on the table?

I completely agree with this course of action, especially given how little is on thread today. This way we all get an opinion on what Merrid should do with his vig.

My opinion, btw, is to use it.

If, as Kilava is so adamant to point out, there is a resurrection mechanic, an extra CF would presumably be very useful for someone with that power.

#107 User is offline   Denul 

• Recruit

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:31 PM

View PostThyrllan, on 25 April 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

I don't have an issue with you pointing out the obvious conclusion to be drawn from "When you die, you go to purgatory. Please continue posting in-alt there." It's Denul's reaction to it that caught my eye.

My issue is with Kilava doing scum's job for them. This may not be a clear cut scum vs. town game, but presumably there are good guys and there are bad guys. Why is Kilava so adamant to do the bad guys' work for them?

#108 User is offline   Denul 

• Recruit

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:33 PM

View PostDenul, on 25 April 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

View PostThyrllan, on 25 April 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

My issue is with Kilava doing scum's job for them. This may not be a clear cut scum vs. town game, but presumably there are good guys and there are bad guys. Why is Kilava so adamant to do the bad guys' work for them?

If that's not clear enough - it is, in fact, quite possible that scum hadn't noticed that there was maybe a resurrection mechanic in play. I certainly hadn't twinged on that until Kilava said something.

But now it's out there, in the open, and scum know that they want to try to get rid of someone who has the power to resurrect a dead player, and so will potentially be looking a bit harder to try to identify such a person.

#109 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:59 PM

View PostDenul, on 25 April 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

If, as Kilava is so adamant to point out, there is a resurrection mechanic, an extra CF would presumably be very useful for someone with that power.

Wow.

Remove Vote

Vote Denul

#110 User is offline   Denul 

• Recruit

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:14 PM

View PostKilava, on 25 April 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

View PostDenul, on 25 April 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

Wow.

Remove Vote

Vote Denul

Heh, OMGUS much? Do you not like it when I throw your own shit in your face?

#111 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:45 PM

View PostJalan, on 25 April 2017 - 05:44 PM, said:

View PostAmpelas, on 25 April 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

Back again. Agreed there is not much to go on based on day 1 interaction. I'm tempted to vote Osseric because of his role playing.

I voted Denul for what I've preceived as actively trying to needlessly shade players in a serious manner. I still think that's a fair vote. Otherwise, I'm inclined to go with either Nimander for saying they'd pop back in from time to time without actually showing up again, or Silchas, though I just forgot why.

And you seem somewhat confident that Osseric isn't operating under a GM induced post-restriction?

No. I just found it annoying, but was not seriously saying we should vote for him. You've made an interesting leap in speculation there...

#112 User is offline   Silchas Ruin 

• Recruit

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:47 PM

None of the major conflicts produced any interesting cases and I'm off for the day so, for keeping their head down and playing all smooth and clean, without further ado:

Vote Thyrllan

I should feel better and post more from tommorow

#113 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:57 PM

Merrid, I just don't get your reveal. If you have the night 1 vig role, what does it get you or town to tell us? I find this all very dubious.

#114 User is offline   Galain 

• Recruit

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:04 PM

remove vote

Going to beddy boo boos.

Reading last few posts has me wanting to vote Denul.

Sumfin aint quite right there.

vote denul

#115 User is offline   Galain 

• Recruit

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:05 PM

I believe Merrid. Too risky a move for scum to make. Merrid off Thyrllan as he made a point about it. He's a waster anyway.

#116 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:10 PM

Co worker had a psych meltdown (of sorts) at work, and now I'm running late for an appt. ;)

I'll def be on before deadline (10pm-ish here), so I'll make up my mind later

#117 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:54 PM

View PostGalain, on 25 April 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

I believe Merrid. Too risky a move for scum to make. Merrid off Thyrllan as he made a point about it. He's a waster anyway.

Too risky a move for town to make IMO. So what, we PI him for the rest of the game? I don't like it and I don't see any reason for the reveal.

vote Merrid

#118 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:30 PM

It is Day 1. 4 hours and 30 minutes remain.

11 players still alive: Ampelas, Denul, Galain, Jalan, Kilava, Merrid, Nimander Golit, Osseric, Rashan, Silchas Ruin, Thryllan

6 votes to lynch, 6 votes to go to night.

1 vote Kilava (Rashan)
2 votes Denul (Kilava, Galain)
1 vote Thryllan (Silchas Ruin)
1 vote Merrid (Ampelas)

Players not voted: Denul, Jalan, Merrid, Nimander Golit, Osseric, Thryllan

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 25 April 2017 - 10:31 PM
Reason for edit: Fixed timer typo

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#119 User is offline   Thyrllan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:35 PM

View PostGalain, on 25 April 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

Let him choose among those who are so eagerly endorsing him to use his NK.

#120 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:21 PM

Remove vote

Vote Denul

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic