• You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 141.5 Game Thread - Innsmouth

#81 User is offline   Jalan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:55 AM

View PostAmpelas, on 04 April 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

View PostNimander Golit, on 04 April 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

Care to explain the connections? Because most of what I see in that nested quote is dragonsex banter.

Scum team getting early interactions on thread through dragonsex banter.

Kilava's response that you quoted was already replied to by Rashan. Then Thyr, Bargy, Rashan, myself all have quotes/posts since which are ignored by you but reply to that one post and disappear.

I more like the Rashan/Kilava connection but you are involved in it, and was also quoted by Osseric. Not sure who is signalling who here, but there's something there.

Do you think scum get involved in dragonsex banter? I'd have thought D1 avoid anything that could draw the random lynch

#82 User is offline   Jalan 

• Recruit

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:56 AM

View PostThyrllan, on 04 April 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

The Osseric post naming three alts caught my eye too. Would be ballsy though.

Also wrong since we have 3 scum *including* the symp

#83 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:00 PM

My thoughts on this is that two scum named in the same post with an innocent, jumps out to scum. Great signal but my initial thoughts were that of scum Osseric trying to look like a symp by doing something sympish.

Either way my vote doesn't hinge on that. It just takes it as a bit of side flavour, my vote on Kilava is based on their play so far and interactions with Rashan mainly.

#84 User is offline   Barghast 

• Fist

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:46 PM

View PostSilchas Ruin, on 04 April 2017 - 12:07 AM, said:

Checking in.

Checking out.

Chubby Checker

Was fat without a doubt.

This post bugs me. I feel like it is a signaling post. I just can't figure out what they are signaling.

#85 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:09 PM

Care to explain the connections? Because most of what I see in that nested quote is dragonsex banter.

Scum team getting early interactions on thread through dragonsex banter.

Kilava's response that you quoted was already replied to by Rashan. Then Thyr, Bargy, Rashan, myself all have quotes/posts since which are ignored by you but reply to that one post and disappear.

I more like the Rashan/Kilava connection but you are involved in it, and was also quoted by Osseric. Not sure who is signalling who here, but there's something there.

Why would scum go into dragonsex banter if they have off-thread comms? I mean, 1 of them sure, but both? Why would they give us leads to follow?

Also, yes, I pointed out the post that I found fishy. Not other posts that were completely unrelated. Crazy, I know.

And you were quoted by me. I must be your symp.

#86 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:10 PM

View PostAmpelas, on 04 April 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

My thoughts on this is that two scum named in the same post with an innocent, jumps out to scum. Great signal but my initial thoughts were that of scum Osseric trying to look like a symp by doing something sympish.

Either way my vote doesn't hinge on that. It just takes it as a bit of side flavour, my vote on Kilava is based on their play so far and interactions with Rashan mainly.

That's a good observation though.

View PostBarghast, on 04 April 2017 - 12:46 PM, said:

Checking in.

Checking out.

Chubby Checker

Was fat without a doubt.

This post bugs me. I feel like it is a signaling post. I just can't figure out what they are signaling.

That isn't.

#87 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:26 PM

View PostAmpelas, on 04 April 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

Early day one but that seems like a lot of reasons to vote Kilava. I am astounded by how much I see in that little clutter of posts. Lots of connections there. Could be absolutely nothing.

You quote a grand total of 3 of my posts and call it a case. Interesting.

For obvious reasons I'm not gonna bother trying to explain why Nimander and Rashan responded as they did. In terms of myself: yes, I'm busy. Not particularly interested in the riveting details of length and girth of Barghast's dick.

Should have some time later, but today's downpour has made it a miserable day so far, not to mention I'm late for work.

#88 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:36 PM

My thoughts on this is that two scum named in the same post with an innocent, jumps out to scum. Great signal but my initial thoughts were that of scum Osseric trying to look like a symp by doing something sympish.Either way my vote doesn't hinge on that. It just takes it as a bit of side flavour, my vote on Kilava is based on their play so far and interactions with Rashan mainly.

Good point.

View PostNimander Golit, on 04 April 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

Scum team getting early interactions on thread through dragonsex banter.Kilava's response that you quoted was already replied to by Rashan. Then Thyr, Bargy, Rashan, myself all have quotes/posts since which are ignored by you but reply to that one post and disappear.I more like the Rashan/Kilava connection but you are involved in it, and was also quoted by Osseric. Not sure who is signalling who here, but there's something there.
Why would scum go into dragonsex banter if they have off-thread comms? I mean, 1 of them sure, but both? Why would they give us leads to follow?Also, yes, I pointed out the post that I found fishy. Not other posts that were completely unrelated. Crazy, I know.And you were quoted by me. I must be your symp.

The Killers have offthread comms, not the symp, the symp may have posted this.

Its an accusation of signalling. Quit being obtuse

#89 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:40 PM

View PostMerrid, on 04 April 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

My thoughts on this is that two scum named in the same post with an innocent, jumps out to scum. Great signal but my initial thoughts were that of scum Osseric trying to look like a symp by doing something sympish.Either way my vote doesn't hinge on that. It just takes it as a bit of side flavour, my vote on Kilava is based on their play so far and interactions with Rashan mainly.

Good point.

View PostNimander Golit, on 04 April 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

Scum team getting early interactions on thread through dragonsex banter.Kilava's response that you quoted was already replied to by Rashan. Then Thyr, Bargy, Rashan, myself all have quotes/posts since which are ignored by you but reply to that one post and disappear.I more like the Rashan/Kilava connection but you are involved in it, and was also quoted by Osseric. Not sure who is signalling who here, but there's something there.
Why would scum go into dragonsex banter if they have off-thread comms? I mean, 1 of them sure, but both? Why would they give us leads to follow?Also, yes, I pointed out the post that I found fishy. Not other posts that were completely unrelated. Crazy, I know.And you were quoted by me. I must be your symp.

The Killers have offthread comms, not the symp, the symp may have posted this.

Its an accusation of signalling. Quit being obtuse

So then he should go ahead and say it's signalling. Accuse me of being signalled by X and Y, instead of trying to sound all vague and making my opening post look sinister because I "understand the premise of the game" . Oooh, spooky, I can read PS' OP!

#90 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:48 PM

He? Now now, I didn't call you any names!

#91 User is offline   Barghast 

• Fist

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:51 PM

View PostNimander Golit, on 04 April 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

That's a good observation though.

View PostBarghast, on 04 April 2017 - 12:46 PM, said:

Checking in.

Checking out.

Chubby Checker

Was fat without a doubt.

That isn't.

I take it that you are the grand high judge of what can be construed as something fishy or not.

Unless you are scum. I find your analysis of my posts about what I find to be suspicious to be bullshit.

If I think that someone coming on and making some kind of querky poem to be strange and point that out. Then that is my intuition. Your dismissal of my intuition is not called for. Frankly your input on day 1 of anyone elses thoughts seems like something that a symp would do in order to try to start to direct game flow.

You have now made my list of suspicious interactions.

#92 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:51 PM

View PostAmpelas, on 04 April 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

You clearly implied that I'm scum with that vote of yours. If that's not name-calling then I don't know what is, :(

#93 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:02 PM

View PostKilava, on 04 April 2017 - 01:51 PM, said:

View PostAmpelas, on 04 April 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

You clearly implied that I'm scum with that vote of yours. If that's not name-calling then I don't know what is, :(

That is a good point. Well it is only bad if you aren't!

#94 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:07 PM

It is Day 1. 12 hours and 12 minutes remaining

13 Players still alive: Ampelas, Barghast, Cast, Denul, Galain, Jalan, Kilava, Merrid, Nimander Golit, Osseric, Rashan, Silchas Ruin, Thyrllan

7 votes to lynch, 7 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Denul ( Osseric )
1 Vote for Kilava ( Ampelas )

Players not voted: Barghast, Cast, Denul, Galain, Jalan, Kilava, Merrid, Nimander Golit, Rashan, Silchas Ruin, Thyrllan
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#95 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:08 PM

vote Cast

I don't have time to sift through the dragonsex to try to find connections that may not be there in the first place- Ampelas can handle that, if it wants.

But low-posters need to speak up. Admiring the Hounds of light is not enough.

#96 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:09 PM

It is Day 1. 12 hours and 10 minutes remaining

13 Players still alive: Ampelas, Barghast, Cast, Denul, Galain, Jalan, Kilava, Merrid, Nimander Golit, Osseric, Rashan, Silchas Ruin, Thyrllan

7 votes to lynch, 7 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Cast ( Kilava )
1 Vote for Denul ( Osseric )
1 Vote for Kilava ( Ampelas )

Players not voted: Barghast, Cast, Denul, Galain, Jalan, Merrid, Nimander Golit, Rashan, Silchas Ruin, Thyrllan
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#97 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:17 PM

Why are you so defensive all of a sudden Barghast? I only called your observations bad. Funny how touchy you are on the subject.

#98 User is offline   Barghast 

• Fist

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:32 PM

View PostNimander Golit, on 04 April 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

Why are you so defensive all of a sudden Barghast? I only called your observations bad. Funny how touchy you are on the subject.

I find that your judgement of posts with out putting forth any thoughts of your own to be suspicious and slightly scummy. It is the questioning technique that symps use to act like they are involved in the game, and that their opinion is one that other people should try to cultivate. Done during day one that can put a scum or symp into a position of influence for the rest of the game. Thus allowing scum or the symp to discourage the investigations of more suspicious interactions.

If you are town then you should be fine with someone questioning if you are scum and have nothing to hide. I am quite free with by my suspicions and understanding of your and others actions and thought process.

Perhaps you are so used to only being able to question that you have no intelligent thoughts to add to the game your self? There for you are only able to piggy back on others.

Please enlighten us with the understanding that you have received both from this post and from the posts of others.

#99 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:00 PM

judgement of posts with out putting forth any thoughts of your own is a funny expression because judging posts is literally putting forth thoughts of one's own.

I called you out because you picked a post and said it looks like signaling except you don't know what it's signaling. It's like saying this post is scummy except I don't know what's scummy about it. That's a poor play. You don't like me calling it out? Make a better one. Or keep suggesting I'm a symp because I didn't like your post. Your call ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On another note, we have some no-shows around here. Cast and Denul already have votes to their names, so let's poke the last one.

vote Silchas Ruin

#100 User is offline   Barghast 

• Fist

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:56 PM

View PostNimander Golit, on 04 April 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

judgement of posts with out putting forth any thoughts of your own is a funny expression because judging posts is literally putting forth thoughts of one's own.

I called you out because you picked a post and said it looks like signaling except you don't know what it's signaling. It's like saying this post is scummy except I don't know what's scummy about it. That's a poor play. You don't like me calling it out? Make a better one. Or keep suggesting I'm a symp because I didn't like your post. Your call ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On another note, we have some no-shows around here. Cast and Denul already have votes to their names, so let's poke the last one.

vote Silchas Ruin

It isn't poor play. Leaving a post that I found suspicious with out comment would have been poor play. This way later in the game I can go back and look at things that I have found suspicious and see if that links with something else. Plus pointing it out asks others to also see.

Your comment was a dismissal as if you alone have the moral and thread authority to know what is suspicious. It is that false judgement that you are now trying to down play. Which I find to be suspicious in your posts. Your dislike of my post is not at play. It is the way you dismissed my post that is at play. There is a distinction that you seem not to understand. It is your style of judgemental posts that a good symp would use to set themselves us as a helpful town who others seek out and think may be town as well. Most symps do this almost unconsciously as it is a fairly easily way to seem to be town. There are also a handful of players who do this regardless of whether they are a symp or not. I am not sure what category you fit in, but it is also suspicious behavior that I am pointing out.

Share this topic:

• 35 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users