• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Destiny Series Gather Guardians and prepare yourselves

#321 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:58 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 14 November 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

You guys play Titans right? Apparently One-Eyed Mask is THE exotic to use in PvP: anyone who shoots you gets marked so you can see them through walls; if you kill them you get full health back, plus an overshoeld, plus a damage buff.

I play Punch Paladin but I'm so bad at PVP that I'd be dead before I get to take advantage of that.

#322 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:01 PM

View PostSilencer, on 14 November 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

View PostAlternative Goose, on 14 November 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

Oh yeah, I remember that trailer. It was the one that made you think the game was actually Open world and not just big corridors in a faux open world.

That's because back then...it was.

*grumble*fuckingActivisionlosingJoeStatenfuckedthisgamesohard*/grumble*

I heard Joe Staten's name attached to something really recently - was it Crackdown 3?
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#323 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:06 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 14 November 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

View PostSilencer, on 14 November 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

View PostAlternative Goose, on 14 November 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

Oh yeah, I remember that trailer. It was the one that made you think the game was actually Open world and not just big corridors in a faux open world.

That's because back then...it was.

*grumble*fuckingActivisionlosingJoeStatenfuckedthisgamesohard*/grumble*

I heard Joe Staten's name attached to something really recently - was it Crackdown 3?

Probably - he got picked up by Microsoft Game Studios as a senior creative director so he'd be in the right area for that game.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#324 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:24 PM

The murder mystery quest was garbage. A step to spam the glimmer extraction in the EDZ. Then wait a week for a step to go through the lost sectors in the EDZ, only to be confronted by uninspired enemies. Another week to wait, now this final step. This all could have been compacted together so that you could finish it during 'Festival of Lost Souls' Halloween event. Because, I dunno, a 'murder mystery' announced as one of the fun things you can do during Festival of Lost Souls should finish during said event. FFS.Posted ImagePosted Image

#325 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:52 PM

Agreed. I couldn't have cared less about that confrontation and the anticlimactic way you get the Thunder riffle.

#326 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 17 November 2018 - 12:21 PM

View PostBriar King, on 17 November 2018 - 05:29 AM, said:

I really shoulda unlocked Void super on Warlock. That nova warp is king in pvp causing me to curse extra loud. This mega Sith is to slow letting people just walk out of the way. I’d change it back to normal Sith but the benefits are nifty with the power charge that springs up and the distance of the melee lightning.

Nova warp is a bitch and I want it. Still only have 1 unlocked on each.

Yeah I really want Nova Warp too. That thing has absolutely ridiculous range. Once a guy warped to my position, I jump/glided out of the way, probably about fifteen feet above him, he did his warp explosion down on the ground, and I was dead. Super annoying.

#327 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 17 November 2018 - 04:52 PM

Apparently Vicarious Visions is working on the season/annual past content. If they're doing that and previously did Warmind, while High Moon developed much of Forsaken, what exactly is Bungie doing these days?

#328 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:35 PM

I don't know how these games and updates are planned and developed but I suspect you're laying too much blame on the shoulders of one studio.

Surely there's some kind of franchise head and over arching group of directors overseeing and commenting on any development that goes on.

#329 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:47 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 17 November 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

I don't know how these games and updates are planned and developed but I suspect you're laying too much blame on the shoulders of one studio.

Surely there's some kind of franchise head and over arching group of directors overseeing and commenting on any development that goes on.

I'm not laying blame, I'm genuinely wondering what Bungie might be up to if so much current Destiny development has been handed over to other studios. I am sure Bungie has oversight, but they also have a hundreds-strong development team of their own.

#330 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:31 PM

I haven't tried a shotgun in Destiny 2 yet that I liked. They're useless at medium range and at close Range they don't have enough power to Trump an assault riffle or a fusion riffle.

I've heard the ikelos shotgun from Warmind is great but I have no intention trying to get through that escalation bullshit with randoms.

#331 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 17 November 2018 - 08:16 PM

I mean PVE.

#332 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:22 PM

Just got the exotic Coldheart laser beam riffle from Xur. It's phenomenal. It vaporizes enemies in a split second. Can't wait to test this in a strike.

#333 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:30 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 19 November 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

Just got the exotic Coldheart laser beam riffle from Xur. It's phenomenal. It vaporizes enemies in a split second. Can't wait to test this in a strike.

You should have been around when the solar version of that - Prometheus Lens - first dropped with Curse of Osiris. There was a bug which came with it which meant that it killed people in Crucible in like a tenth of a second. Bungie didn't know how to fix it so ended up just giving everyone a Lens through Xur. Crucible became a laser light show where you racked up dozens of kills (and deaths) every round.

It was hilarious and honestly the best time I've ever had in Crucible.

#334 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:49 PM

View PostBriar King, on 22 November 2018 - 10:02 PM, said:

Are any of you fuckers good in PvP using void Titan in an offense style?

I don't really play Titan, but I hear the new Void Titan shield barrier super can be used quite well offensively now. I think it depends a lot on what exotic armour you equip alongside that Titan build.

#335 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 25 November 2018 - 08:45 AM

View PostBriar King, on 25 November 2018 - 06:08 AM, said:

Annnd still haven’t decided which to unlock.

Pushed Hunter through today and went 5 Well before seed drop. Unlocked Void right away. Aside for the Blade Dancer Rip-off this really blows imo. The grenades are shit, the smoke bomb is a joke.

Now back to regular Crucible and I’m getting creamed some more. I’m beginning to think only chumps played IB. Have lost my regained KD and am now at 1.69. Blah

Apparently they're buffing Blade Dancer in the next update.

#336 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 26 November 2018 - 11:44 AM

I finally finished the Warmind campaign. A couple of missions were maybe better than Osiris ones, but the last boss fight was terrible, and overall I actually think the plot was even less coherent than the Osiris one. This was so bad.

#337 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 26 November 2018 - 10:56 PM

Gah, I completed all seven waves of Escalation Protocol - and then I found that you need some special decryption key to open the final chest. That was infuriating! I have no idea where to even start finding one of those.

Edit: But EP was fun.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 26 November 2018 - 10:56 PM

#338 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 01 December 2018 - 07:54 PM

hows it going guys, been a while. if you are still running a clan i will drop a request, got destiny2 forsaken on pc. i asusme its called malazan?

#339 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 01 December 2018 - 08:07 PM

We tried to get a clan up and running on PS4 but there's not enough interest.

#340 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:15 AM

Swap your PC copy for a PS4 one and join us :) Then we just need to get Cause and his buddy to join like he keeps saying he will, plus BK, and we got a full raid team!

I don't know what they've changed in the new season, but I am now awful in PvP. Since the new season began I think my average is about 0.6, down from around 1.8. I actually suspect that it's not weapons changes, but that I'm being matchmade with far better players - the fact that I'm now often being killed by Luna's Howl, a gun you can only get by playing a ton of PvP well, seems to confirm this.

But speaking of changes, the new Spectral Blades...is broken. I was in a couple of matches where one guy was in that Super for the whole round once he activated it. I know that if you combine it with some exotic you can extend its duration, but that is ridiculous.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 02 December 2018 - 10:15 AM

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users