Malazan Empire: Mafia 140 Spoiler Thread - The Cults of Innsmouth - Malazan Empire

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 140 Spoiler Thread - The Cults of Innsmouth

#61 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:53 AM

View PostOkaros, on 14 March 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

View PostTrake, on 10 March 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

<snip>

I am going to nail Trake as town side of thing because of this post. That is good reasoning from him. He is also not on the Gamelon train which is where I think the other recruiter will be.

*sigh* :cat:

Scum are capable of good reasoning (and in fact will use it to try and paint themselves as town). Plus a recruiter would want to get rid of the other recruiter, so when presented with a situation like this they would want to play it straight and analyse it rationally. It's probably easier for me to spot because I was playing the same role, but still I'm surprised that Tatts is expecting the recruiter to be on the Gamelon train. With all the hinting that Gamelon gave about his role, a recruiter would clearly prefer to recruit such a player and lynch the actual enemy recruiter.

ST

This post has been edited by Sir Thursday: 14 March 2017 - 11:54 AM

Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#62 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:03 PM

Right, going to post some PMs. First off, Itwaes Nom/Fanderay:

Fanderay, on 06 March 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

Yay

Fanderay, on 06 March 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

Find IE

Fanderay, on 06 March 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

Find IE, if lynched, Alkend

Fanderay, on 07 March 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

Find Hanas, if lynched, Kaschan

Fanderay, on 07 March 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

What's up with the "found you" post by Okaros?

Fanderay, on 07 March 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

Find Hanas, if lynched, Gamelon

Fanderay, on 07 March 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

Let's say I find Hanas tonight and they were town and were just recruited, the find that will return to me is still town right?

As find is the last thing in the resolution order, if they were recruited tonight, you'd be told they were a member of whichever faction recruited them.
----
You have been killed.

SH = delay

Fanderay, on 08 March 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

No fucking way again

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#63 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:10 PM

Tattersail/Okaros:

Okaros, on 07 March 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

I am here. Now I must say I kind of like this role, I actually do not minds dying to fuck with everyone's heads :cat: It makes me happy.
I won't but I feel more relaxed during this game because of the role. Now, let me read my role again.

Okaros, on 07 March 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

I think my role is cool, and I really want to win the game so I want to reveal and I am wondering if any player out there has a VC to get me.

Okaros, on 07 March 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

I think revealing this early will give town a chance. It is 100% hard to win as town in these game

Yes, it's notoriously difficult for town to pull off a victory in a cult game, but I've built some mechanics into this one that give town a bit more of and advantage than it would usually have in a cult game.

Finding and lynching one of the recruiters early will be very important, however.

Okaros, on 07 March 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

which is why i decided on the reveal, hopefully it will kick start the game and get us going

Okaros, on 08 March 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

At the time of my reveal there was 20 hours gone, and around 65 posts.

The thread picked up to add another 100 posts in under 15 hours. That is one of my main reasons for revealing when I did. It is unforgivable for us not to lynch on day one, but that was a horrid time for end of day. 6:30 am - ish I voted and was too late.

Yeah, it was a bad time for me too. Now that I've resolved and restarted day around the normal time I do, we should be alright, though!

Okaros, on 08 March 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

Okay cool. Fingers crossed we can lynch right today.

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#64 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:10 PM

Tatts is talking himself into a corner again, :cat:

And I wasn't right about mess- he was town, just fucking clueless.

Too bad HD's not around either.

I'm curious to know why Mockra didn't follow khell's lead in voting.

#65 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:14 PM

SiergieJ/Alkend (this one is quite short because once he opened a connection with Hanas he did most of his talking in there):

Alkend, on 06 March 2017 - 07:56 PM, said:

Thanks! Just so I'm 100% sure, I start as town?

Yep.

Alkend, on 07 March 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

Okay, so for the next day I'd like a convo with Hanas

Noted

Alkend, on 09 March 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

Gimme Okaros next Day please.

You have been recruited by the Esoteric Order of Dagon.

#66 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:28 PM

Bek Okhan/Andorion:

Bek Okhan, on 07 March 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

Provisional Night Action

Protect Okaros

If lynched

Protect Gamelon

You have been recruited to the Esoteric Order of Dagon, so are now Obed Marsh's bodyguard.

Bek Okhan, on 08 March 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

So no more NAs for me?

And do I get to know who Obed Marsh is?

No more night actions, and no, you do not get told the identity of your leader, unfortunately.

#67 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:32 PM

HoosierDaddy/Kaschan:

Kaschan, on 06 March 2017 - 07:22 PM, said:

This is a little bit more high TMDI than I first thought it would be.

Oh well. Factiony fun culty cult.

Kaschan, on 10 March 2017 - 11:43 PM, said:

PS, does my role mean I have only 1 absolute action, or one action per faction I'm part of?

I.e.: As town, I get to talk to Casper. ---> Recruited, another action for Dagon/dead beast guy

One action per faction you're part of! :cat:

Kaschan, on 11 March 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

Yeah, I'd like the Priest's PMs please.

Kaschan, on 11 March 2017 - 08:06 PM, said:

Bek Okhan has been lynched, he was Father Piotr Iwanicki

I want these PMs.

Kaschan, on 11 March 2017 - 11:14 PM, said:

I don't want to be an ass, but considering I'm going to have a grand total of about 5 hours, total, staring Monday through Wednesday, I need these ASAP.

Yes, I've been non-existant but I'd like to help town as much as possible.

HD

Path-Shaper, on 12 March 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

Bek Okhan, on 07 March 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

Provisional Night Action

Protect Okaros

If lynched

Protect Gamelon

Bek Okhan, on 08 March 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

So no more NAs for me?

And do I get to know who Obed Marsh is?

#68 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:36 PM

Lady Bliss/Mockra

Mockra, on 06 March 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

So I'm currently town?

Correct. The only members of cult at the beginning of the game are the cult leaders - Nyarlathotep and Obed Marsh.
-----------
You have been recruited by the Brotherhood of the Beast.

Mockra, on 10 March 2017 - 02:44 AM, said:

Do I get to find out who my boss is?

Nope, sorry.

Mockra, on 10 March 2017 - 02:45 AM, said:

According to my role pm:

If you are recruited by the Brotherhood of the Beast:

You are told the identity of your new leader, and are new recruitproof - you cannot be recruited by the Esoteric Order of Dagon.

Gah, sorry!! LoL, the leader of the Brotherhood of the Beast is Trake.

Mockra, on 10 March 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

Good that Trake and I are on different trains. And folks are already thinking that I am symping Hanas or a recruiter. I'll take one for the team and look scummy! Heck, I do that whenever I play RI! :cat:

Mockra, on 13 March 2017 - 09:27 PM, said:

I bet either sets or okaros has been recruited.

#69 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

I'd help and put my PMs here, but doing copy_paste on a phone is a PitA, so I'll do it tonight when I get home.

#70 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:09 PM

Conversation between Siergiej/Alkend and Sir Thursday/Hanas:

Path-Shaper, on 08 March 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

You may have offthread communications in this thread until further notice.

Hanas, on 08 March 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

Hey there Alkend! What do you want to gossip about?

Alkend, on 08 March 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

Hello there! What do you think about Okaros' reveal, for starters.

Hanas, on 08 March 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

I'm inclined to believe Okaros' reveal. I can't think of any reason why a cultist would make a fake claim like that on Day 1. I also think Okaros did it out of a genuine urge to help town rather than the "playing to get recruited" BS that a few of the players were peddling. Generally of the opinion it was a smart play, since now we know what happens to the CF if he gets recruited.

How about you?

Hanas, on 08 March 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

As I point out on thread though, seems like Okaros would have been a big target for recruitment last night. It's unclear whether we would have got the NK CF if they had been, so it may be completely off, but I figure I might as well give him a poke about it and see if anything falls out.

Alkend, on 08 March 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think CF is a day action. Meaning it would be queued after recruiting, so he should be right that he was not recruited.

I think I believe the reveal, though he also makes some pretty specific assumptions, which is weird.

As for the NK, I think it was the vig. If any of the cultists have kill power, why not take out Okaros?

Hanas, on 08 March 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

Agreed - makes sense for it to be the vig. There's one clearly marked in the role setup, after all, and I can't see the cult not choosing to recruit as soon as they get the opportunity.

It has some interesting implications if it is town that controls the NKs rather than scum (although of course we can't rule out the vig being recruited...). Normally the only way for town to get rid of suspects is via lynch, which makes them critical. But if town can kill at night then suddenly we get two bites at the cherry.

Maybe it's worth trying to bring discussion about who to NK onto the thread? After all, that is town's domain - might as well try and coordinate there while we're still in the majority. I just worry that there'll be some very strong pushback from players who are thinking too traditionally about the way Mafia works that will make it counter-productive.

Thoughts?

[Full disclosure - I am not the vig]

Hanas, on 08 March 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

Hmm, interesting reveal from Serc. What do you think?

Hanas, on 08 March 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

Also this makes the stuff I was talking about with regards to town-controlled killing power a bit more relevant...

Hanas, on 08 March 2017 - 07:28 PM, said:

This is ST by the way - who am I talking to?

Alkend, on 08 March 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

Uh, if Serc is telling the truth that was a shit play on their end. I have a feeling he vigged the Finder.

Siergiej here.

Alkend, on 08 March 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

Okaros baffles me. His reveal kind of adds up but he's so erratic and all over the place. My gut says that cult is laying low, so I'm thinking Mockra or IE.

Hanas, on 08 March 2017 - 07:57 PM, said:

When I look at Okaros I see a townie trying to get rises out of people. He's doing a lot of prodding and poking and it does seem to be working. Anyway, I figure we might as well compare notes generally. This is the current state of my thinking:

In terms of likelihood to be a Cult leader (NB. Not thinking about recruits here) I'd probably put them in order something like this:

Trake, Mockra
Kaschan, Gamelon
Iparth Erule
Bek Okhan
Okaros, Serc
Alkend

Working backwards from the top, my thinking goes:

- Your ability proves you aren't a Cult leader (unless the Cult leader has some weird extra abilities? Seems unlikely).
- I'm pretty confident in Okaros' and Serc's reveals, so I don't think they can be leaders.
- Bek Okhan was giving off some really strong "I'm roled you idiot, don't vote for me!" vibes when I pushed him on Day 1. I suppose it's possible that a clever scum could do something similar, but for now I'm treating him as fairly safe. [NB. I probably need to revise this after how BO has interacted with Okaros today - he may end up moving up the tiers after that]
- I'd expect a leader to be too excited about the game to post as little as IE. Low posting does seem like a good hiding strategy generally though.
- Wasn't a fan of the way Kaschan pushed back on Okaros's reveal so hard on Day 1. I don't tend to put much weight on Day 1 hunches though because they're invariably wrong. Don't really have a good opinion on Gamelon, might need to do a bit of a re-read.
- Trake is being super wishy-washy. It feels like he's succumbing to 'show-my-work' disease, where scum broadcast every little change of opinion on thread to make sure they can justify them later. I've prodded him on thread to see what happens - will be interested to see if anything drops out. Mockra's response to Okaros on Day 2 seems weird and I might try and press him a bit on it at some point. I feel like his play is consistent with a low-poster with a juicy role, so he's near the top of my list for scum at the moment.

Alkend, on 08 March 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

Agreed on Trake - this is also how I play scum most often :cat: that said, I'm afraid we might be falling into a bit of a fallacy. This is not a town v scum game, this is town v faction v faction. And factions most likely have no NKs, so usual scum tells and tactics might not apply.

More to come after the champions league game.

Alkend, on 08 March 2017 - 11:20 PM, said:

Rereading the thread now and one thing about Gamelon that screams at me is this post:

View PostGamelon, on 06 March 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

View PostFanderay, on 06 March 2017 - 07:58 PM, said:

View PostGamelon, on 06 March 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

View PostFanderay, on 06 March 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

View PostGamelon, on 06 March 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

Also, the cast has 11 roles, and only 2 are cult.

But which one

One is head of Daron, the other Beast. Unless I forgot how to read.

You sort of did

You mean the necromancer? You think he's part of Dagon?

Why is he calling out the necromancer specifically?

#71 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:14 PM

More SJ/Alkend & ST/Hanas:

Alkend, on 08 March 2017 - 11:23 PM, said:

Kaschan is aggressive and stand-offish from D1. Can't see a lone cultist playing D1 like that.

Alkend, on 08 March 2017 - 11:30 PM, said:

This post by Mockra... why does he care?

View PostMockra, on 07 March 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 07 March 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

Freely given information incoming.

I am the coroner finder, as town I give the thread their CF's, if I am recruited I give myself and my leader the CF of any who die. I guess the healer will be able to stop me from being recruited? I hope so anyway if not then that is okay because it gives people one less place to look or hit with unwelcome night actions.

That should be mod-killable. You play for your CURRENT team.

Alkend, on 08 March 2017 - 11:44 PM, said:

Here IE twists what Okaros meant to vote our CF:

View PostIparth Erule, on 08 March 2017 - 12:28 AM, said:

View PostMockra, on 08 March 2017 - 12:13 AM, said:

View PostIparth Erule, on 07 March 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 07 March 2017 - 09:00 PM, said:

You would think the recruiters might want a juicier role than mine anyway as they will know who they recruit.

That seems a very specific bit of knowledge of the recruitment process

Uhm... Since they start out with no one on their teams, I assume the recruiters would be the ones doing the recruiting...

"They know who they recruit" sounds rather like knowing their character name. The only people who would know if a recruiter learns the character name is the recruiters.

Vote Okaros

I'm still leaning towards Mockra or IE

Hanas, on 09 March 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

OK. As I said before, I'd probably go Mockra over IE at the moment. I just can't see a Cult recruiter low-posting quite as hard as IE is doing.

What do you reckon about Gamelon? As I said before, I don't really have a good read on him at the moment. Might try and go back and have a look at his posts later in the day.

Alkend, on 09 March 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:

I prefer to lynch IE (Mess?) because for me he fits recruiter perfectly, but will switch to Mockra if a train builds up, they're my second candidate.

Gamelon would probably be third on my list. Mostly because the post in which he got hung up on the necromancer being cult. Why would he even ask that?

Alkend, on 09 March 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

I also don't like how defensive BO got very early on.

Do you have any off-thread knowledge?

Hanas, on 09 March 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

No useful off-thread knowledge for me, I'm afraid :cat:. My role is pretty passive.

You might be right about BO - I'll add him to my list of players to re-read today. It's just that this post made me think he had a town role:

View PostBek Okhan, on 07 March 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

Hmm. Lots of roles.

View PostHanas, on 07 March 2017 - 01:41 AM, said:

OK, well I'm out for the evening. Got to take a shower to get rid of my BO.

Speaking of which:

Remove Vote
Vote Bek Okhan

And you voted me 7 hours into day 1, why?

In particular the highlighted bit. To me that looks like him trying to subtly say: "Woah, woah, I've got a good role here, don't vote for me". I guess that's something a cult leader might try and do as well though.

Hanas, on 09 March 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

I don't really like the way Okaros is vomiting role speculation on thread. Would a town player be speculating about who the bodyguard is on thread? He may have been recruited last night. Here's his post:

View PostOkaros, on 09 March 2017 - 10:03 AM, said:

So crossing off the list of potential recruiters, Serc (claims vig), Fanderay (was PI), Hanas and Trake (lovers), Mockra (bodyguard) which leaves

Kaschan, Alkend, Bek and Iparth.

Continuing to read up but odds are high that 2 of those 4 mentioned are the recruiter.

Based on that, if he had been recruited I think he'd try and slide his master into the crossed off list. So that would suggest either Trake, Mockra or Gamelon (who has mysteriously disappeared off his suspect list). I feel like you wouldn't be stupid enough to leave your master off your list of suspects if you're trying to narrow things down like this though...

Anyway, this adds a bit of fuel to my Trake/Mockra suspicions.

Alkend, on 09 March 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

Okaros' playstyle annoys me but I also don't feel like it has changed much since D1 - and because we got the CF, he's low on my suspect list right now. I want to re-read Trake in isolation, but that will be after work, so a few hours from now.

Alkend, on 09 March 2017 - 02:54 PM, said:

I am very suspicious of people voting Okaros (BO, IE, Mockra right now). Killing the CF would be optimal for recruiters (we'll know if they're recruited so it's a waste) and they can only do it through a lynch.

#72 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:16 PM

And the last bit of the lover convo up to the end of Day 2:

Hanas, on 09 March 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

Did a re-read of Gamelon. There's not much there - he's actually been pretty unconfrontational to say that he's in the top 4 posters (which makes me a little suspicious - he's gliding through the game without anyone really pressuring him or sharing much of his thoughts).

The one post I found interesting was this one:

View PostGamelon, on 08 March 2017 - 03:25 AM, said:

View PostFanderay, on 07 March 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

I left out the rest because it's irrelevant. I'm not criticizing your overall attitude but only the suspicion you were spreading with the first part of the post. But while we're at it your overall attitude was as neutral as it gets by the time of the post.
Anyone who reads the quote will be able to tell it's been cut off, I even refer to it as only a part of the post.

So you are proposing we lynch someone... for an unfinished thought.

I don't think I buy that.

Of the remainder, lynching a CF is not a good idea.

This may seem like OMGUS but

remove vote

vote Bek Okhan

seriously, getting touchy over one early vote to the point of calling it "misleading chaos" is a bit much. feels odd and forced.

probably gonna pass out soon, so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

I didn't like the way he couched his vote as "This may seem like OMGUS but...". Now, some context here is that Bek Okhan had mentioned that he found Gamelon a bit suspicious in the previous post. But the way he phrased it made it seem like he cared a lot about making his vote seem un-scummy.

But anyway, that's the only post I found that rung any alarm bells, so I'll keep him in the middle of the pack for now.

Hanas, on 10 March 2017 - 12:07 AM, said:

I guess this is it for now, huh? Feel free to hook up for another gossip later though - I found it useful to talk to someone.

Alkend, on 10 March 2017 - 12:22 AM, said:

Yep, been very useful, thanks! I'm reluctant to vote BO, I feel like if he was a recruiter and managed to recruit someone, there would be a stronger push for another candidate. Hopefully I'm wrong because someone will hammer soon.

Alkend, on 10 March 2017 - 12:23 AM, said:

Oh, you just did :cat: G'night!

YOU MAY NO LONGER CHAT IN THIS THREAD UNLESS TOLD OTHERWISE.

#73 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:18 PM

I'd be interested to know if Siergiej thought I was scum by the end of Day 2 - I was having a lot of fun pretending I was a townie to mess with his head!

ST
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#74 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:23 PM

And now here's the conversation between SiergieJ/Alkend and Sir Thursday/Hanas from Day 3 onwards, at which point Alkend had been recruited to the Deep Ones faction:

Path-Shaper, on 10 March 2017 - 02:39 AM, said:

YOU MAY NOW CONTINUE TO CHAT IN THIS THREAD UNTIL TOLD OTHERWISE.

Alkend, on 10 March 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

Passive role, huh? :cat:

The thread is taking bad direction for us. Need to think this through.

Hanas, on 10 March 2017 - 08:38 AM, said:

So I fake revealed as you. It was the only thing I could think of that would head this off. At some point I may need to call on you as a corroborating witness.

This is a bit of an all or nothing play, since you backing me up implicates you as part of my cult. I won't mention anything unless I'm forced to.

Alkend, on 10 March 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

I am the debutante, Anastacia, not Veronica. This will backfire spectacularly :p

Let me grab a cup of tea and try to sow some chaos on thread.

Hanas, on 10 March 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

Huh, well that was stupid of me, huh :p. Made assumptions based on the title of our conversation...

I shall avoid revealing that I've spoken to you then, as that will compromise you. Will have to make something up about talking to other people.

Alkend, on 10 March 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

Yeah, answering the one about who you had off-thread comms with is going to be tricky. I'm wondering what would happen if you said it was Gamelon, lol.

Hanas, on 10 March 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

Oooh, good idea! :p

I'll go with that.

Hanas, on 10 March 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

Ah, hang on. If I claim I was talking to Gamelon Day 2, then who do I say I'm talking to today? Need two days worth of connections.

Hmm. I think I'll say I was talking to Bek Okhan Day 2. That probably ties in with what I was saying on thread about how I wasn't convinced about him being a recruiter.

I could say I started a connection to Gamelon today. Then if I survive until tomorrow I'll say that I started a connection with you (and you'd be able to back me up).

Alkend, on 10 March 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

We might have a chance of pulling this through. But I don't want to put Gam at L-1 yet, it would look too fishy. Hopefully the pressure stays on them.

If you last into the Night, I think you should recruit Okaros, just so no more CFs are given on thread.

Hanas, on 10 March 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

LOL! He's Veronica! Got so lucky with that one.

Alkend, on 10 March 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

Hm, the thing is, even if you recruit Okaros, we lynch Gam first. He'll CF Veronica. So it will be pretty obvious you're the leader.

Hanas, on 10 March 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

The problem with going for Okaros is that he will be known Cult for the rest of the game. Thinking long term, I worry that it would be hard for you and him to win together after I get lynched (which will probably happen tomorrow). Everyone will know he is cult and he will probably die pretty quickly.

I was thinking I'd go for Serc - he kept suspiciously quiet about what would happen if he was recruited and I'm hoping it's because he would give the cult some kind of kill ability. Unless I mention otherwise, that's who I'm recruiting tonight.

ST

Alkend, on 10 March 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure his vig has been wasted but I have a feeling he might have been recruited to the other team, so it makes sense to poach one from them.

My reasoning for Okaros is that I will have 100% knowledge of my team but others will not see CFs anymore. Also, I don't think anyone will lynch him - because he's defo not a leader.

Hanas, on 10 March 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

OK, let's game this through:

Currently we've got:

BotB: Leader + 2 followers
DO: Me + you
Town: Gamelon + 3 players

After tonight, there are a several possibilities (all ratios are BotB:DO:Town):

4:3:1 - BotB recruits from town, I successfully recruit from town.
3:3:2 - BotB recruits from town, I recruit from BotB
4:2:2 - BotB recruits you, I recruit from town
3:2:3 - BotB recruits you, I recruit from BotB
3:2:3 - BotB and I recruit the same player

So based on that, optimum scenario for us is that I recruit from BotB and they either recruit from town or fail to recruit. Ergo I should try and pick a BotB player out to bring onside.

#75 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:27 PM

More SJ/Alkend and ST/Hanas:

Alkend, on 10 March 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

Then I'd say go for Serc or Trake.

Hanas, on 10 March 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

OK. I've put in a cheeky provisional to try and recruit Gamelon if for some reason neither he nor I are lynched today. Otherwise we'll go with Serc.

Hanas, on 10 March 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

I would suggest backing off the WCS argument - it might make people look less favourably on your reveal.

Trake's behaviour today makes me feel like he's probably the other Cult's leader. He has the same laser focus on finding the other cult leader that I do :p.

ST

Alkend, on 10 March 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

It's going to shit. I won't have time to post until later in the evening, will see then if there's anything to salvage

Hanas, on 10 March 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

I have a backup plan - if I get to L-1, I'm going to admit that I was lying in my original reveal and come out as Obed Marsh. I may be able to convince town that it's better to try and hit the Brotherhood of the Beast recruiter today.

Hopefully it won't come to that though...

ST

Hanas, on 13 March 2017 - 07:44 PM, said:

Huh, if IE comes to our side there might still be a chance! Guess it comes down to Kaschan.

The fact that it's close makes me think that it's not worth revealing as Obed. Might try and egg IE on to dropping their vote.

Seems likely to me that Trake or IE are the other cult leader. I can't believe IE would pick me over Gamelon if he didn't have an ulterior motive. Either he's a cult leader or he's a follower of someone on the Gamelon train trying to distance. If the latter, Trake is the only one it could be, since the others have all revealed.

I've been suspicious of Trake for a while though, so leaning towards him ATM.

ST

Alkend, on 13 March 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

I think IE, because he was on many radars - would be a bad choice for a recruit. I am thinking them or Mockra.

Alkend, on 13 March 2017 - 09:44 PM, said:

So it's down to Kaschan. I think they're town, so they still might hammer you, but fingers crossed.

Alkend, on 13 March 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

Boom, got one.

Now, the impossible starts. Best case scenario, we have 3 votes. How do we stop you from getting lynched by 5 others?

Hanas, on 13 March 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

I have a plan...we'll see if it comes off. The challenge here is to convince the others that it's in their best interests to unearth and lynch the other recruiter. Notoriously tough to do though! Still, it might have given the team a chance if there are two of you left around in the end game...

ST

Alkend, on 13 March 2017 - 10:30 PM, said:

I'm considerig following the logic that I might be the last town player left, so I need to side with the possibly smaller faction to get recruited before game ends.

Convoluted, but depserate times require des[erate measures.

Hanas, on 13 March 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

That sounds like a good plan. I think I'll start out with some kind of "Can you negotiate with me?" defense to start things off. Once I've put that out there, feel free to engage me in negotiation - it might make the rest of town think it's a good idea.

Just have to hope you don't get recruited tonight - if you do it's probably game over for my team :cat:.

ST

Alkend, on 13 March 2017 - 11:12 PM, said:

Yep, if I get recruited to the other cult, you're likely dead in the water. A lot depends on whether the other leader figured you out already. Let's see how the night turns out.

#76 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:47 PM

Alright, time for some Mentalist/Gamelon:

Gamelon, on 06 March 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

Translation: as town I'm finder, as cult I'm nice and expendable.

Interesting.

Well, I mean, without you other recruits won't know who their leader is.

Gamelon, on 06 March 2017 - 07:56 PM, said:

True. But knowledge is often over-rated.

This way they'll fight to survive on their own, causing potentially hilarious blunders.

Gamelon, on 07 March 2017 - 04:57 AM, said:

Prov for Night 1- Kaschan. I don't like that "this is where cult is gonna be hiding" post. it smacks of stating the obvious. A very safe empty post.

Gamelon, on 07 March 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

Do you realize that in theory town can break the game if everyone reveals and one cult is lynched and the other is vigged?

Well, I mean, it would require getting 9 people to:

1) Reveal
2) Believe the others

I think that's a lot to ask.

That being said, if it were to happen, I'd just run the same game again with no reveals. To spite you all for being assholes. :p

Gamelon, on 07 March 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

Bwahaha. That's just asking for me to bring up that idea on-thread.

I probably won't though. Not until like Day 5.

Gamelon, on 07 March 2017 - 09:46 PM, said:

Now I want to check signals to see who is angry Kas.

Also not sure I believe the anger is genuine.

Could be HD, but he's usually only this angry when drunk.
Hmm.

Kaschan is not a recruiter.

Gamelon, on 08 March 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

Hrm.

And we had a vig kill an investigator. For crying out loud.

Gamelon, on 09 March 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

My provisional for night 2 would be:

Find Khell.

I need to quantify how much danger he is to town.

You have to give me an alt name, not a player name.

Gamelon, on 09 March 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

Spoilsport, :cat:

Okay. Find Hanas

Gamelon, on 09 March 2017 - 08:52 PM, said:

I'm seriously tempted to start ranting about idiots on a book forum who can't read just why Okaros crossed me off the suspects list early.

But doing that on one vote would appear as over-reaction, plus I'd be accused of "speaking for Okaros" somehow.

Instead of replying to this idiocy, I'm just gonna work.

Hanas is a recruiter.

Gamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

Now if I understand correctly, revealing my char name is modkillable, right?

Gamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

Prov find on Mockra

Gamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

I'll review this when I get to work

Nope, that's fine, just no directly quoting your PM.

Gamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

Heh. The phone defaulted to mobile skin again, and I forgot I logged out to main.

Not important since thread's quiet.

What I need to do is figure out who out of

Alkend
IE
Mockra
Trake

Is the second recruiter.

IE is mess. And he's not rushing to lynch, which is cautious and un-scum-like of him.

Mockra has that "town shouldn't lynch Day1 thing against him" .

Alkend s alright, they've been all about low poster hunting and generally sensible.

Trake is tatts. Unless Okaros is tatts.

And trade's been playing very similar to Hanas, who is evil bad dude. Could we have 2 recruiters playing the same reasonable style? If so, we are fucked.

So, it's a toss-up b/w Mockra and Trake.

Gamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

Presuming I get lynched and all recruits have been successful, it's gonna be a glorious clusterfuck of 5 clueless recruits tomorrow.

Gamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

I feel justified in a asking for a lynch, b/c I'm denying the cults a way to coordinate, increasing the chances that in the ensuing glorious clusterfuck a single townie might somehow survive (like the Newt in the Aliens 2.0 game). No pressure to whomever it ends up being.

Gamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

Alkend is ST. Too much maths speculation.

Also, unlikely scum as he's being too cautious.

If I can rely on the fact that no recruits so far are aware who their leader is, then right now there should be 5 people at most willing to vote Hanas- the 4 town and the other recruiter. The 3 recruits would be milling confused, unsure if they might be voting their own boss.

#77 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:48 PM

And here's the rest of Mentalist/Gamelon:

Gamelon, on 10 March 2017 - 08:36 PM, said:

Yes, I'm pretty convinced at this time best town play for me is to die. Relying on someone else to stop my recruitment is too risky.

Gamelon, on 13 March 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

Mess continues posting angry and clueless. Genuine or an act? Hrm.

The other 2 are Trake and Mockra.

Mockra is acting more like a recruit, who would be unsure who his name leader is, and he's being cautious not to accidentally lynch his master. Trake as a leader, otoh, would be confident with a lynch of the other leader.

In case I survive,

Night action: find Trake.

Gamelon, on 13 March 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

ST is studiously ignoring like half the possibilities to make me out as a recruiter. I'm seeing recruit all over.

Gamelon, on 13 March 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

I am getting a sierg vibe off Mockra.

Alkend ST
BO. Ando
Fandy. Nom
Gamelon me
Hanas. Khell?
IE. Mess
Kaschan. HD
Mockra. Sierg
Okaros. Tatts
Serc. JPK
Trake. Bliss (by process of elimination)

Bliss plays evil really well, so it would not surprise me if trake is in fact the other recruiter.

Okaros is so all over the place, i'm almost sure it has to be tatts.

Gamelon, on 13 March 2017 - 10:06 PM, said:

Spoiler me, plz

#78 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:52 PM

And now here's ST/Hanas:

Hanas, on 06 March 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

Ooh, bit of a juicy role this one :cat:.

So, I guess the question is whether I should play hard RI in the early going to avoid looking leader-y or try and blend into the background a bit. I'm not very good at the latter though...

ST

Hanas, on 06 March 2017 - 08:06 PM, said:

Do my recruits learn who I am? Can they be poached? (eg. if one of my minions gets converted to BotB will they know who I am?)

They don't automatically know who you are, but there are abilities in the game that will allow this to happen.

There ARE recruit-proofs, but there is definitely poaching allowed as well.

Hanas, on 06 March 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

See? Terrible at lying low. I guess I'll just have to hope that's a recruit signalling his master for the time being.

ST

Hanas, on 07 March 2017 - 01:19 AM, said:

This is going to be a game full of low posters, I can feel it. Normally I would hate that, but as the guy with the NAs I guess I'm a bit happier about it. It's hard to keep my mouth shut though!

ST

Hanas, on 07 March 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

Gah. See this is the problem with giving everyone a unique role (and not having a well known RI PM). All town has to do is mass-reveal, and us cultists are screwed (since we can hardly do the same). We would have to fake reveal one of the town roles and then win a counter-claim battle, because there will definitely be someone with the same role as us.

Will just have to keep my fingers crossed that the rest of them don't twig, or this game will be over pretty damn quick.

ST

Hanas, on 07 March 2017 - 07:28 PM, said:

Provisionally Recruit Bek Okhan

He sounded like he was strongly trying to imply he had a good role earlier.

ST

Hanas, on 07 March 2017 - 11:43 PM, said:

Get yourself a co-mod, man! Haven't you learned anything from D&D Mafia? Or at least ask if there's anyone in SH willing to help out.

ST

Hanas, on 07 March 2017 - 11:46 PM, said:

A thought has occurred to me. The role descriptions you've specified suggest that certain characters have an affinity to one side or the other. Maybe there are recruiting pools for each cult? Except you said there could be poaching...hmm. Just a thought, anyway.

ST

Hanas, on 08 March 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

Just to add to that provisional slightly:

If Bek Okhan is lynched, Recruit Fanderay

ST

Your recruit was successful.

Hanas, on 08 March 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

Awesome :p.

Hanas, on 08 March 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

And also, it looks like it was fortunate for me that BO wasn't lynched, otherwise I wouldn't have got my recruit!

#79 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

More Sir Thursday/Hanas:

Hanas, on 08 March 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

*sigh* only a matter of time:

View PostOkaros, on 08 March 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

View PostGamelon, on 08 March 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 08 March 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

My radar is hitting people. Fandy who was PI and now Serc the vig. So 3rd time lucky on my radar?

remove vote

Vote Bek

😁

It's not that hard to hit people when the role descriptions indicate most of town's roled.

If that was the case then we could ALL reveal and find the cult that way but I doubt it would be the case. No place for them to hide then.

At least there's been a day's worth of recruiting so I'll have some "Let's not do that" backup. Will try to ignore it and see if it goes away.

It's going to be fun talking with Alkend off thread without giving away that I'm Cult. Hope I manage to give off a townie vibe!

ST

Hanas, on 08 March 2017 - 08:18 PM, said:

Right, my plan with Alkend is to throw so much thought process BS at him that he can't see me as anyone but a helpful town player. If I'm lucky, it'll put him off asking me to reveal my role. If nothing else it'll look good in SH :p.

(Also, it's good for me to do the thinking, because eliminating the other cult would make my life a LOT easier).

Need to start thinking about conversions for tonight. I want to leave Okaros as town until Day 3 before going for a conversion - I think it'll be useful to have him around. For now:

Provisionally Recruit Gamelon

ST

Path-Shaper, on 08 March 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

It's going to be fun talking with Alkend off thread without giving away that I'm Cult. Hope I manage to give off a townie vibe!

ST

Yeah, I'm really bad at this. If I am scum with a lover ability, everyone is always suspicious of me! LoL

Hanas, on 09 March 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

Wondering whether it's worth trying to recruit Alkend. Having a guy running around getting info via lover convos would be quite useful, and it seems like a safe way of getting a player on-side.

Only problem is that if he finds out that I'm his master and then gets recruited away, he'll be able to tell everyone about it via lover convo. I guess I'd just have to hope that (a) he wouldn't find out my identity (feels like it might be a bit of a design flaw in the game if he was), and (:p he has a good impression of me from the convo we've just had and doesn't put two and two together.

ST

Hanas, on 09 March 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

OK, changing my provisional:

Recruit Alkend

I think he'll be useful. That will put me at 3 out of 9 after today (I can't imagine the other recruiter going after BO given all the attention he's been getting).

Gamelon is Mentalist, and he always seems to fade into the background. Going to have to try and drag him in to the limelight somehow. I think on Day 3 I'll accuse him of being too passive, letting the rest of us run around in circles. Might get some traction, perhaps?

The reason I've switched off him is that I want to keep using my recruiting ability to get players on my side. I could use it as a find to try and pick out the enemy recruiter, but to be honest that seems like a waste until my faction has a decent presence in game. I feel like there's a decent chance it could be Gamelon at this point, so going to leave him alone for now.

ST

Your recruit was successful.

Hanas, on 10 March 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

Unfortunately I think picking the wrong character name to reveal as will have sunk me :cat:. All that player has to do is counter-reveal and the game is over. Plan is to keep fighting until that happens, at which point I'll pivot to try and use Serc's logic to save myself and put the heat back on Gamelon. If I'm going down, it'll be in flames!

ST

Hanas, on 10 March 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

Provisional for tonight:

Recruit Gamelon. If Gamelon is lynched, Recruit Serc

ST

Hanas, on 13 March 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

YES!! I can't believe I pulled that off! Now I have to figure out how not to die tomorrow...it's going to be a toughie, but I've got a plan. Although convincing people to create alliances on thread is notoriously difficult...

You have been ninja'd!!!

#80 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:57 PM

And now JPK/Serc:

Serc, on 06 March 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

Oh, this will be fun. Thank you.

Serc, on 07 March 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

Ok, any other game I'd reserve my vig kill for night 2 or 3. I can't pass up the possibility of catching one of the cult leaders before they get off the ground though.

Kill Okaros, if lynched Kill Kaschan.

Serc, on 07 March 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

Oh Goddamnit. That reveal is fucked. I need to step back and think about this a bit more.

BTW I'm still shit at alting but I think Okaros = Khell. The smug coming from that alt fits.

REMOVE KILL ORDER

Serc, on 07 March 2017 - 11:19 PM, said:

Kill Fanderay

Serc, on 10 March 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

Hey Blend, if Dagon attempts to recruit me and triggers the ninja do I CF as town or Dagon cult? This actually matters as to a potential tactic I may attempt on thread.

Serc, on 10 March 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

That's assuming that Beast doesn't try to recruit me and I'm still town at the time of the attempt.

You would CF as town.
---------
Obed Marsh tried to recruit you, so you ninja him and are dead as a townie!

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users